Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First JK2 Script Editor!

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Dravis
02-10-2003, 10:56 PM
It will be hosted on several DL servers later sometime this week/early next week (whenever i finish debugging it). It's called ConfigEd. I currently don't have any pics up 'cause i can't get ws_ftp to work...if any of you can host them i'll send them to you by email.
 razorace
02-11-2003, 12:26 AM
And what does it do?
 Samuel Dravis
02-11-2003, 8:59 AM
It has colored sytax (the commands are blue, line numbering, and you can switch between Q3 & JK2. With it it is very easy to debug your scripts because you can see the errors easily.
 razorace
02-11-2003, 9:57 AM
Oh, gotcha. :)
 Samuel Dravis
02-12-2003, 10:06 PM
I just posted it on JK2files.com and Jediknightii.net. Should be up fairly soon. Tell me what you think of it at jessika_toups@yahoo.com
 Kengo
02-13-2003, 9:17 AM
Sounds like it might make some of my tutorials on editing cfg files useless - I don't know whether to laugh or cry :D Nah, would be really good for it to be made easier. So, what exactly do you edit with it, standard scripts, of cfg files of some description?

Also, that weaponeditor WIP I see, woyuld that be for SP or MP, and how is that going?
 Samuel Dravis
02-13-2003, 9:53 AM
I built it for both SP and MP. Also, you can customize it for mods that you get. It edits standards scripts at this point - like walk/run toggles, etc.

The weaponeditor is for SP only right now. I might build a MP version if I see enough interest in it and I have enough time.
 Samuel Dravis
02-16-2003, 8:47 PM
Get it now!

ConfigEd (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=10629)

EDIT: Fixed the link. sorry about that....
 Leslie Judge
02-17-2003, 4:34 AM
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=10629)

This link works better. :)
 Samuel Dravis
02-17-2003, 1:07 PM
Here's JK2Files.com's reveiw of ConfigEd -

I've been awaiting one of these for a LOOOOOONGGGG time. Finally a config editor that looks like notepad but each and everyone Jedi Knight 2 command and all the bindable keys are on a list so you can EASILY make your bindlists, and scripts for use in the game. Excellent, I recommend it for all JK2 Players.
 Samuel Dravis
03-01-2003, 1:04 AM
New version: ConfigEd .99
I just sent it in to JK2Files.com. Meanwhile, look at the large amount of new features that you have with v.99:

Added 'Font', 'Macros', and 'Edit' menus.
Added 'Repeat Next Command' in the Edit menu. This allows you to repeat the next command
you type/paste/delete etc as many times as you want without doing it manually.
Added 'Delete' and insert 'Time / Date' in the Edit menu.
Added 'Find & Replace' option to the Edit menu. Allows you to find & replace text in the window.
Added 'Find Next' the the Edit menu. Allows you to quickly search for the last text you searched for with 'Find & Replace'
Added 'Select All' to the Edit menu. Selects all the text in the current document.
Added 'Properties' option to the Edit menu. Lets set many options for ConfigEd. Added 'JK2 Scripting Colors' in the Font menu. It allows you to insert customized text with coding that can be interpreted by JO to be displayed as colored text.
Added 'Set Font' to the Font menu. 'Font Size' has been moved to the Font menu. Added 'Special Characters' to the Tools menu. It allows you to insert characters not normally found on a keyboard.
Added 'MCM 1.06' to the Tools menu. This subsidiary program allows you to create a script that allows you to switch musical tracks in SP / MP quickly and easily. Please look at the readme that is included in this zip. Added 'Record Macro' to the Macros menu. When you press it, you can record tedious operations
and have ConfigEd do them at the touch of a key.
Added 'Play Macro' to the Macros menu. Play up to 10 macros from this menu. Modified 'About' to say, 'About ConfigEd'
Modified popup on exiting with unsaved work. Now allows you to save without going to the menu.Modified the titlebar to indicate if the current document has been edited (*). Modified the horizontal and vertical splitter bars. Removed them.
Improved error handling.
 Samuel Dravis
03-12-2003, 8:34 PM
Get ConfigEd .99 now! (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=11490)

Since it is going to be awhile before ConfigEd 1.00 comes out, I just sent in a reskin of it to JK2files.com. its about Animals.
Page: 1 of 1