Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ice Base Level Quetion

Page: 1 of 1
 Paul C
01-28-2003, 10:02 AM
I can't remember if the original game had Snowtroopers or not, its been years since I have played it. However, if it didn't, are you going to replace the normal Stormtroopers with Snowtroopers on the IceBase level? IMO it would be more realistic.
 recombinant
01-28-2003, 2:36 PM
I dont' know if we have planned to do snowtroopers, but it would certainly make sense! JK2:JO has swamptroopers in the swamps, so we should probably have snowtroopers in the snow! ;)

My question related to this topic is:

"Can we do the slippery ice surface in our map, thus requiring the Ice Cleats?"

If so, that would be awesome, but it seems tricky to me. I didn't know if Q3/JK2 supports ice surfaces.

Perhaps this is another coding bullet point, Darth? :eek:
 MilesTeg
01-28-2003, 3:32 PM
I think we already had a thread about this... (canґt find it)

And everything you mentioned is possible.

there is a snowtrooper model on jkii.net and we will probably use this.
The slippery surface thing is a simple shader (I successfully tested it). we will have to switch off the effect after kyle gets the ice cleats (there are several ways to do it)
 recombinant
01-28-2003, 4:12 PM
Excellent. That's great news...

Sorry, didn't know there was already a thread about all this.

Thanks!

:D
 Katarn07
01-28-2003, 4:21 PM
Stormies indoors, though, right??? I don't mind snowtroopers outside in courtyards and chasms...
Page: 1 of 1