Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Glottis' Dog House

Page: 1 of 1
 Web Surfer
01-24-2003, 4:24 PM
Glottis' Dog House, heh?

I saw it when I was saving game, some time ago. I took a snapshop:

http://www.thesim.hpg.com.br/extra/outros/grim_save.gif)

My english is not very good, so I didn't understand very well... What the hell is that thing? Why was it there?

I don't remember when it appeared, but I think it was when I tried to save game just after a cutseen. It was in the first year, as you can see.

What do you think?
 jannar85
01-25-2003, 1:07 PM
I think this is a bug...

That 'dog house' can actually be seen through ScummRev.
 Tall Guy
01-25-2003, 1:47 PM
its an injoke put in there by the developers i think
 Web Surfer
01-27-2003, 1:19 AM
Yeah, but don't you think it's weird that it appeared when I was saving game?
 jannar85
01-27-2003, 7:22 AM
I'd say it's a bug in the game.
 Ender
01-27-2003, 8:14 PM
Likely the dog house screen was switched to as the cutscene transition scene. If you time it PERFECTLY, you can get the same thing to happen in Monkey3 with the wonderful room 1 artwork :)
 Web Surfer
01-28-2003, 9:14 AM
Likely the dog house screen was switched to as the cutscene transition scene. If you time it PERFECTLY, you can get the same thing to happen in Monkey3 with the wonderful room 1 artwork

Hmmm.
Looks like I timed it "perfectly" and got this.
 Serge
01-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Just to clarify (something that's probably already clear):

The dog house in GF is the default room of the game. It switches to that room if anything goes wrong in loading the room it actually needs (and maybe in some other cases).

And yes, it's most likely (well, it is) the developers' temporary art to test the engine, that has remained inthere as a half-injoke. Just like Ackley's monkey island extravaganza in room 1 of CMI.

- Serge
 James Isaac
05-03-2003, 7:14 AM
Using the debugging mode I made Manny go in there, you can see a screenshot of him in the room looking at the dog house:

http://www.aprx52.dsl.pipex.com/Grim/media/CSS/dogHouse1.jpg)

It is also like in MI3 where you can see Johnathon Ackley's test room, and in MI4 where you can see Timmy the Monkey's hut.
Page: 1 of 1