Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Indy 4 Music

Page: 1 of 1
 risskin
01-16-2003, 3:45 PM
Hi,

I'm currently working on extracting the MIDI music files from "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis". Now I know that every synthesizer has its own way of "interpreting" MIDI files, but: Do you know of a way to make the music sound exactly the way it did in the game? I'd be glad if you could help me :-)

Greets!
Matthias.
 Drigo Zoxx
01-16-2003, 5:19 PM
FOA uses MT-32 Midi music. This format has some differences from general midi, mainly in different intrument patches and different ways of calling a program change. To answer your question, the best way to do that is obtain some docs on General Midi (if you don't know already) and MT32 form Roland. Good Luck :-)

Ah, also ScummVM source might help a bit
 khalek
01-16-2003, 9:39 PM
also bearing in mind that with imuse everything is done dynamically. There are various recordings of the music from foa floating around on the web already iirc, and probably some highland midis as well
 Drigo Zoxx
01-23-2003, 6:52 PM
anyway I've not found yet any extracted midi files on the web which are good enogh. Most of them contains 'guessed' instruments, and i've said it all with that :)
Page: 1 of 1