Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMAD
01-12-2003, 4:26 PM
I can't get the demo to run. I have all of the files in the right directories, and dark shows up in the mod list. I open it, the menu screen comes up, I select "Easy," it starts to load, and then, when there is maybe about a centimeter or two left on the bar, it freezes. After re-starting, Windows says that it was a problem with the display driver, but I doubt this, but anyway, I have a Radeon 9700 running Catalyst 2.5 drivers. Please, help me...I am reasonably sure that I did something wrong... [email=darthmad2@aol.com]Email me[email]
 Katarn07
01-12-2003, 4:57 PM
I had this same problem on Thanksgiving. I just restarted my PC, but try making a direct shortcut. It might help. It does for my mods that don't run.
 ImmolatedYoda
01-12-2003, 5:05 PM
in case you dont know how to make a direct shortcut, you edit (or create a new one) the shortcut to jk2sp.exe by adding "+set fs_game dark" to the end of it. so it should look something like "(previous directory stuff)\Gamedata\jk2sp.exe" +set fs_game dark
 DarthMAD
01-14-2003, 5:39 PM
Thank you both for your advice, but alas, it still doesn't work. I also updated to Catalyst 3.0 drivers for my videocard. I had hoped that one or both remedies would work, but the force is apparently not with me. For lack of a better solution, I suppose that I will just have to await the final release
:swear: - me yelling at the mod for not working...
Page: 1 of 1