Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

sex before marriage

Page: 1 of 2
 El Sitherino
01-11-2003, 1:26 PM
well should people be able to or do you think it is wrong.
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 1:30 PM
I think it's wrong because many men are not yet willing to father a child if they get a woman pregnant before they are married. I would be tempted to do it though I am ashamed to admit.
 ET Warrior
01-11-2003, 1:42 PM
I'm kind of torn. I would really LIKE to wait until I'm married, because of the chances of STD's and pregnancy....but I'm not sure if the opportunity presented itself if I'd be able to stop myself.....damned hormones. ;)
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 1:56 PM
Yes same here.. I want to marry a virgin becasue of all the risks of STD's and the wife I choose will probably want the same thing from me.
 C'jais
01-11-2003, 2:09 PM
Haven't you guys heard of sexual prevention, including condoms? :confused:

I think people should have the freedom to do what they want about this matter. Anything else just reeks of baseless traditions and stubborn conservatism.
 SupremePain
01-11-2003, 2:10 PM
i got one thing to say... I WANNA MAKE SWEET LOVE BY THE FIRE!
 ET Warrior
01-11-2003, 2:11 PM
Sexual prevention works MOST of the time.....but there are still times when it fails.....
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by Cjais
Haven't you guys heard of sexual prevention, including condoms? :confused:

I think people should have the freedom to do what they want about this matter. Anything else just reeks of baseless traditions and stubborn conservatism.

And did you know that condoms have over a 25% chance of not working... its better to play it safe.
 C'jais
01-11-2003, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
And did you know that condoms have over a 25% chance of not working...

Not true :disaprove

Sexual prevention works MOST of the time.....but there are still times when it fails.....

Yes. But in general I think it'd be more dangerous to take a drive in your car.
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 2:27 PM
This is from http://www.dianedew.com/condom.htm)

Studies have shown a condom failure rate of 10-33% for preventing pregnancies

So yes condoms are 67%-90% effective in preventing pregnancies.
 SupremePain
01-11-2003, 2:27 PM
And did you know that condoms have over a 25% chance of not working... its better to play it safe.

i believe condoms only have like a 3% chance of not working
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 2:31 PM
We must have posted at the same time so read my above post.
 C'jais
01-11-2003, 2:34 PM
This is from http://www.dianedew.com/condom.htm)

So yes condoms are 67%-90% effective in preventing pregnancies.

That test is over 10 years old. Condoms have gotten better since that.

[EDIT] You know, that's the chance of an HIV virus infecting you. It's not the chance of getting pregnant.
 SupremePain
01-11-2003, 2:35 PM
yes i saw right after..... but my human biologi book says diffrent... on a subjecrt like this i would never trust a internet site, becuase once i did a assignment on some guy.... cant reameber who... well the point is when i looked on the net for his birthdate i found 4 diffrent results...... and for his death i found 2.. im not saying that you cant trust the net but on a subject like this i wouldent
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 2:41 PM
Ok I admit I was wrong about the condoms... it has a 2% or less chance of failing :D I was actually going on what I learned last year in Sex Ed. in school.

But it goes against my religion and morals to have sex before marriage
 C'jais
01-11-2003, 2:47 PM
I was actually going on what I learned last year in Sex Ed. in school.

But it goes against my religion and morals to have sex before marriage

Ah ok, no problem. It's fine with me then.
 Taos
01-11-2003, 7:39 PM
Well, it's too late for me, I've already done it. It's just a choice we all have to make, I'm not going to force my view upon somebody else and I would hope that another person would have the same respect towards me and my decision.

As far as I'm concerned it's ok either way.......one thing though, I wish I would have waited til I was a little bit older. I was 16 for my first try......man I wasn't ready at all......*shudders to think*
 mercatfat
01-11-2003, 7:42 PM
This is one of the outdated philosophies in the bible*. Remember, back in the time it was written, there were no real forms of contraception. Even pulling out can potentially still make babies since precum has semen in it. These days, condoms are great and the pill, if taken correctly and everyday, is 99.9% effective.

Those 2% that fail are likely ones left in wallets, used incorrectly or are very cheap. If you're that worried, go with Trojans with Spermicidal Lubricant. They're practically infallible.

*All ancient history-based philosophical texts have outdated philosophy in them. Take Sun-tzu's The Art of War, for example. While a great guide to both life and warfare, certain advice given no longer rings true in modern society. Just read it, I don't feel like quoting and explaining right now.

I guess it's up to you though. I say live life without boundries as long as you aren't retarded about it.
 ET Warrior
01-11-2003, 7:45 PM
I think the odds are that i won't last until I'm married..but I dont really know....i think i'll just go with the flow and if it comes along i'll go for it. ;)
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I think the odds are that i won't last until I'm married..but I dont really know....i think i'll just go with the flow and if it comes along i'll go for it. ;)

Yes sadly that sounds like me to... Girls get me really horny if their doing things at a party and stuff. But I'll try and control myself. I hope I can last to marriage.
 GonkH8er
01-11-2003, 8:55 PM
If we're supposed to wait until marriage, then why is there a legal age where we can? Shouldn't the law be 'you cant until youre married' then?

Personally, I think is sex is something everyone should enjoy. Sure, it's special, but why wait until you're in your thirties? As long as you're careful, and you and your partner trust eachother, it's a step you can take in a relationship. Sex is fun, there's no doubt about it.

What's the legal age's where you guys are from? just so i know...

It's 16 here... and 18 for homosexual men, which is just plain stupid.
 Reborn Outcast
01-11-2003, 9:11 PM
Who said you're supposed to wait for marriage... I just said I wanted to.
 Taos
01-11-2003, 9:55 PM
The legal age of consent where I live, in Washington state, is 16.
 mercatfat
01-11-2003, 9:59 PM
It's only 16 in Washington? Sweet. Time to go get my mack on at the UW campus.
 Rogue15
01-11-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm waiting til i get married. :D

and no, it's not ok according to the Bible and God, and most importantly: Kioet Csuhen.

why i think that is cause i think it could slightly damage a marriage. **** i rhymed, i rule, i r teh cool!

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sorry, couldn't resist]
 El Sitherino
01-12-2003, 12:41 AM
how do you know god doesnt want you to have sex before marriage? and if marriage is sanctified by god then how come alot of them dont work out? you think gods blessings would make things work. so ... also how you know though did he tell you? if you're catholic you know you according to catholic rules should be killed for hearing what god has to say before the pope. thats why joan of arc was killed or one of the reasons that is.
 Darklighter
01-12-2003, 4:23 AM
Yes, I think so. Safe sex before marriage is okay IMO. Why am I against sex before marriage? Simple, because I don't believe in God anymore, but that is for a different discussion I think;)
 Reborn Outcast
01-12-2003, 7:39 AM
Insane:
Some marriages don't last because they are rushed. People don't have that connection to their partner like God wants them to have or they are unfaithful to their partner which God doesn't want and thats why the marriage fails.
 GonkH8er
01-12-2003, 8:21 AM
Insane:
Some marriages don't last because they are rushed. People don't have that connection to their partner like God wants them to have or they are unfaithful to their partner which God doesn't want and thats why the marriage fails.

Most marriages don't last at all.... not just some marriages. Marriage is fast becoming a thing of the past. My prediction is that in 100 years, people wont be married as such. We'll have partners that we live with, just like steady dating, but if things go wrong, you won't be legally bound to that person for life. This will give the population more of a chance to find someone who they connect well with. Face it, how, out of 3 billion people (6 billion if youre bisexual and selfish :)) are you supposed to find your ideal partner in 20-30 years? You'll only spend the years after say, 15 looking. The more relationships you have, the more you'll know what works and what doesn't. What clicks with you and what explodes. Some guys just end up marrying the first girl they sleep with, and inevitably, things go wrong.

Things go wrong in most marriages anyway, but it spawns from not being right for eachother, because people settle down too quickly, and dont get a chance to get out there and find their 1 true love, if you dig that sorta thing.

I'm not saying go out there and screw everyone you date and to date often with that principle. I'm just saying, it's a waste of time and life waiting til you're legally bound to someone for life.

Only having sex with the 1 person in your ENTIRE life? Dieing only to ever have made love with 1 person. If that's your bag, so be it.

If sex was just for reproduction, it wouldn't be pleasurable. The fact that it IS pleasurable is why we do it. We want to share that pleasure with people.

It's one of the few things that is truly amazing and can just make us forget about all the crap in this world.

if you find someone you truly care about and trust, and the feeling is returned... and you both want to share something amazing and close with eachother, don't wait til you're married. Enjoy sex. Enjoy life. Enjoy eachother. Just be careful.
 -s/<itzo-
01-12-2003, 8:44 AM
yeah if were talking about morals, sex before marriage is bad.

but sex is a natural instinct so you really can't argue with that.
 obi
01-12-2003, 8:56 AM
I do not have sex with people, but that is just me I guess....

I don't because I was warned to stay away from it untill I have married someone I loved, not someone I lust for. The mind can come up with so many things, and your feelings would get switched if you did not have a clear mind.

I have always practiced abstinance. I find that I am stronger because I have the ability to resist temptation.
;)
 GonkH8er
01-12-2003, 9:37 AM
Oh everyone has the ability to resist... some people just realise that waiting has no real purpose, unless you truly believe for some reason that you should only share sex with 1 person in your lifetime.
 Reborn Outcast
01-12-2003, 1:20 PM
Originally posted by GonkH8er
If sex was just for reproduction, it wouldn't be pleasurable. The fact that it IS pleasurable is why we do it. We want to share that pleasure with people.

It's one of the few things that is truly amazing and can just make us forget about all the crap in this world.

Yes it maeks you forget about all that crap in the world until you come down with an STD for banging so many people to share a pleasure. Then the crap in the world smacks you in the face because you've just f***** up any chance that you had of, if you find the right person, having a child.
 ET Warrior
01-12-2003, 1:28 PM
Oh everyone has the ability to resist... some people just realise that waiting has no real purpose, unless you truly believe for some reason that you should only share sex with 1 person in your lifetime.

Actually, i know a LOT of people who DONT have the ability to resist. ;)

I respect your ideals obi-wan...and so FAR i've been practicing abstinence.
 Reborn Outcast
01-12-2003, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
I do not have sex with people, but that is just me I guess....

I don't because I was warned to stay away from it untill I have married someone I loved, not someone I lust for. The mind can come up with so many things, and your feelings would get switched if you did not have a clear mind.

I have always practiced abstinance. I find that I am stronger because I have the ability to resist temptation.
;)

Yes obi same here. I belive in God and his word and it says that sex is sacred and that it should wait for marriage otherwise your temple (soul) will have been defiled.
 obi
01-12-2003, 4:12 PM

The way I see it, when you grow closer to the Lord, and walk closer with him, one will begin to realize the difference betwen sin and pleasure.
 Tyrion
01-12-2003, 4:51 PM
I really dont see the difference of not being married and being married. All the difference is that you have a binding contract for it.(Which means they sometimes arent together because they want to,but because they have to or else).

Sure,I wont go masterbating at everyone I meet,but if I met someone i really really loved and knew her for a while,then I'd do it,married or not.
 El Sitherino
01-12-2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
if I met someone i really really loved and knew her for a while,then I'd do it,married or not. exactly what i would do.
 Reborn Outcast
01-12-2003, 5:48 PM
Tyrion: That binding contract is a huge difference. If your married you can't just "break up", you have to get a divorce and pay her money for child support (since you want to have sex so much I'm assuming your going to have a child by then ;) ). But that binding contract is a lot more work and money in the long run but it is a lot more precious and a lot better than not marrying someone but still having sex.
 Tyrion
01-12-2003, 5:50 PM
Tyrion: That binding contract is a huge difference. If your married you can't just "break up", you have to get a divorce and pay her money for child support (since you want to have sex so much I'm assuming your going to have a child by then ;) ). But that binding contract is a lot more work and money in the long run but it is a lot more precious and a lot better than not marrying someone but still having sex.

What's so special about a contract that just says you are married? Isnt love enough?

Knowing that your partner isnt in it because she has to,but because she needs to?
 Reborn Outcast
01-12-2003, 6:09 PM
I mean on paper and in the heart. Because your not married means that she can go off and bang anyone she wants and not get in any legal troubles. But if you bind each other together then your showing that she is the only one that you will ever truly love. People that get divorced didn't have real love... only a fleeting moment of it in the grand perspective.
 Tyrion
01-12-2003, 6:13 PM
I mean on paper and in the heart. Because your not married means that she can go off and bang anyone she wants and not get in any legal troubles. But if you bind each other together then your showing that she is the only one that you will ever truly love. People that get divorced didn't have real love... only a fleeting moment of it in the grand perspective.

Well,you should be trusting for her. Besides,that's like saying why you shouldnt get married instead of being together.

And I do plan on marrying them,I just dont think I'd have to wait until I am married to have sex with them.
 El Sitherino
01-12-2003, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
I do plan on marrying them,I just dont think I'd have to wait until I am married to have sex with them. same thing here man.
 -s/<itzo-
01-12-2003, 6:32 PM
To those who are waiting till they get married, good for you.

i'm proud of you guys. much props given to yah'.
 XWING5
01-12-2003, 6:54 PM
To those who want to wait 'til marriage, I have all the respect for you guys and hope it works out for you.
For me, I couldn't really wait, but I am kind of glad, at the same time, that I got it out of the way. I don't think I believe that it is wrong so much, though I think it is admirable to find someone you love first. But like I say, I couldn't do it.
:thumbsup:
 Ratmjedi
01-12-2003, 8:34 PM
Well personally I am a virgin. I do belive that sex before marriage should be allowed but with the correct circumstances. I mean if you are a guy or a girl and your screwing everyone than it is wrong.

I belive that if you are going to do it with someone that you do it with someone that you really care about and that you would consider getting married with. It would improve your relationship with that person and make it more intimate. It is also about sharing something special with that person. I also belive that you should always have sex with a condom untill you are married and then you could take it off. Sex is something that almost everyone who is of the right age does with the exception of a few people. Waiting till marriage is a good idea but you are missing out on expierence. There are so many ways of doing it that it will just make you better at it and show you new things. What if you get married and the person that you are married to sucks at sex and your relationship doesn't work out or they both feel uncomfortabe doing it? Doing it before marriage just makes shows if you the two people are that comfortable to share such a intimate expierence such as that.

:lsduel: :duel:
 Arreat
01-12-2003, 10:00 PM
It aint right, many people do this maybe so they can attempt to get out of having to take care of the baby since it takes alot of money and time just to raise one.
 ET Warrior
01-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
What if you get married and the person that you are married to sucks at sex and your relationship doesn't work out or they both feel uncomfortabe doing it?

That is one of my fears.....on my wedding night i get in bed with my wife and she laughs at my puny efforts (pun intended)
 RpTheHotrod
01-13-2003, 2:50 AM
I strongly believe in sex AFTER marriage. It's hard to explain...but..well Tyrion, people really don't know what love is. You can get such a feeling, that you THINK it's love, but...well...ask your parents. They don't just REALLY LIKE eachother, they'd do anything for eachother (hopefully...)

Also, I'm a Christian, and the Bible DOES teach to wait until marriage. Having sex binds 2 people into one person physically....you gotta know your science to really understand that though.

Even if it was okay, it's very dangerous. yeah, people go around having sex all the time, but soon enough, they will go to their doctor and he'll say something that will change their lives until death.

Yes, you can truly love someone before marriage (that's what marriage is for), but you really don't know until afterwards.
 GonkH8er
01-13-2003, 4:10 AM
Yes it maeks you forget about all that crap in the world until you come down with an STD for banging so many people to share a pleasure. Then the crap in the world smacks you in the face because you've just f***** up any chance that you had of, if you find the right person, having a child.

Yes, indeed, but I said, have sex in moderation. I said DONT just go sleeping around. And I believe I also said be careful, which means use a condom, which means there's only a very small chance of catching STD's...

Oh, and I do respect people who want to wait, contrary to how I may appear to be. I just think it's silly.

The bible teaches us lots of things, like to outcast homosexuals, and various other acts we've deemed 'passи' and we don't do anymore. Who's to say that no sex until marriage won't soon become the same, and we'll forget it.

They teach it in the bible, because, back in 'bible times', they didnt have 'contraception', so therefore, in 'bible times', 'sex' would result in 'pregnancy' most of the time. You only had 'sex' in 'bible times' to make a 'baby'. Sex has changed a lot in 2000 years. Sure, the basic mechanics of it are the same, apart from the occasional use to various other orifices... but the reasons we do it have changed. From my limited knowledge of bible times, I'm pretty sure that teenagers dating didn't sleep with eachother as soon as they felt comfortable about it. They waited til marriage so they could support the child it would produce. Nowadays, we can pretty much make sure it doesn't produce a child, so we're free to enjoy it, and enjoy it we shall, at the right time with the right person, in the right location, weather permitting.
Page: 1 of 2