Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MUSHing

Page: 1 of 1
 Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 5:40 AM
Haven't you guys ever heard of MUSHing? I personally feel it gives a more reallistic feel to text based RPGs. Albeit, I do run an e-mail based RPG, but that is for my old friends and is a rather small, more controllable group.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in MUSHing, let me know and I can help you get into it.
 Redwing
01-03-2003, 2:19 PM
o.O? What IS MUSHing?
 Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 6:50 PM
Multiple User Shared Hallucination
Basically, it's an entirely text based RP environment. All dice rolling and movement is done by commands. Text based commands control everything. With a good MUSHclient and the right server it can be most amusing. I can e-mail you info on how to start up as well as a MUSHclient if you want to give it a shot. Let me know.
 JoKen
01-04-2003, 2:44 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I didn't get that the first time you said it and I still don't get it.
 Deft Aklin
01-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Okay, maybe you can get a better idea by actually seeing it. Here is a link for the software. Of the four listed, MUSHClient is the best, though, as it says, it is more complex. Just don't play with anything until you have been MUSHing for awhile and know what it does.

http://www.geocities.com/dan_rustine/mushdownload.html)

Anyway, once you get it started up, click on the new doc icon in the upper left hand corner. Here is the connection information:

Star Wars: A New Threat (One of my personal favs)
IP address:starwars.pennmush.org
Port: 9999

There are many SW MUSHes out there, but this is one of the most active. Anyway, everything is pretty much explained. Just remember to carefully read the text and do what it says. If you have any problems, feel free to contact me here or via my listed e-mail. Also, when you register yourself [reg (name) (e-mail)], remember that whatever you choose for you're name is your characters name. Feel free to look for me, Caleb Babcox.
Page: 1 of 1