Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Name This Creature

Page: 1 of 1
 Lost Welshman
12-21-2002, 12:37 PM
could you please read through this and give me ideas for a name, of this creature that I have made up
The story is set in a land where magic still exists the year is 2002 here you go:

About an hour later the three adventurers had reached the wastelands, they drove for many more hours and they came to a dead forest. “Not even I am going in there!” Nina said worriedly. “Why not” Ubi asked. There was a creature through the trees, it was tall and long-limbed, and very thin. It had long scraggly brown hair and yellow, wart covered skin “a…a...t...tr...troll!” Ubi was terrified.
“that’s not a troll,” Rhyth said, “trolls are large, fat creatures, they certainly don't have hair and their skin is either green or grey. THAT thing is not a troll”
“err...guys,” Nina said as they were crouched behind a small hill. Ubi looked through the trees again. “Its gone”,
“No it hasn’t”
“how do you know that Nina?” Ubi asked
“because my little hobbit friend, ITS RIGHT BEHIND US!!!” Nina said before being pulled backwards by the creature. “oh” said Ubi calmly, he then let out a sigh and turned around screaming. Nina pulled out her sword and cut off one of the creatures four long, sharp fingers. The creature let out a shriek that made Ubi cringe. Rhyth fired a fireball at the creature but it seemed to be absorbed. Then Ubi fired an arrow into the creatures head, knocking the creature down. Nina stood over the creature and thrust her sword through its chest, another shriek was let out. The creature got back up and ran towards Ubi, but was stopped why Rhyth used his staff to magically hit the creature in the chest, throwing the creature into a tree. Ubi pulled out his last freezing orb and he threw it at the creature, but it was deflected and froze the tree above the creature. Then Nina cut off the creatures hand, it let out a roar, followed by flaming breath that melted the ice on the tree. As the water touched the creature on the forehead it began to burn. Yet another shriek was let out and the creature darted into the wood. Ubi fired another arrow and there was a yelp, followed by a thud. Nina ran towards the creature as it lay on the floor again. She began slashing at it but every time that she cut into it, the wound healed. She then decided to decapitate it, so she did. “AT LAST!” Ubi celebrated. But the creature was not done, a bone spike shot out of the neck of the blood covered body, then it stood up, grabbed the head and forced it onto the spike. “Now that’s just sick” Rhyth was horrified. The creature grew more powerful with every injury it received. “RUN!” Nina ordered, so the three of them dashed out of the forest and climbed onto their bikes. They sped off with the creature chasing behind them, it was fast, very fast. Rhyth threw his staff very far ahead, soon a fountain of water shot out of the ground where the staff had landed. The bikes burst through the fountain and turned around, the creature followed and it took a few seconds to realize that it was burning because of the water. The creature was in agony, it almost burnt away completely, its bones were left. They had finally finished the beast.
thank you for your time
 Redwing
12-22-2002, 6:35 AM
"West Spike Troll"?

"Troll" because it's the first thing it resembles, a common naming mistake.

"Spike" because of its unique regenerative technique.

"West"...from Wicked Witch of the West.

;)
 Lost Welshman
12-22-2002, 6:54 AM
Thank you for your idea, hopefully this story will be finnished some time next year, although nobody cares. I could post it on the forum or just on my website. Thank you.
 ShadowTemplar
12-28-2002, 3:03 PM
Gah! Looks like my Biology project got away again!

Do these main characters have a reason to be so xenophobic? Couldn't it have been a friendly creature that wanted to help?

Anyway, this naming business. I'd call it a starved Fire Troll. Normally Fire Trolls are just as fat as normal trolls, but this one has gone without food for perhaps months. Being adapted to life in volcanoes, it can spit fire and regenerate (pretty good traits if you live in a mountain of living fire).
 Lost Welshman
12-31-2002, 1:33 PM
Sorry to sound so fussy, but could you please not include 'Troll' in the name of the creature, as it is not supposed to be a troll. I know that it represents a troll, thats why one of the characters thinks its a troll, thank you anyway.
 ShadowTemplar
01-03-2003, 4:36 AM
Originally posted by Lost Welshman
Sorry to sound so fussy, but could you please not include 'Troll' in the name of the creature, as it is not supposed to be a troll. I know that it represents a troll, thats why one of the characters thinks its a troll, thank you anyway.

Perfectly OK: It's your setting, it's your choice (the GM is God).

Lemme see: Big, ugly, regenerating, fire-spitting humanoid. Fire Giant, then? Or is this too common? I dunno.
 Darth Groovy
01-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Lost Welshman
Thank you for your idea, hopefully this story will be finnished some time next year, although nobody cares. I could post it on the forum or just on my website. Thank you.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do enjoy your stories very much, it's just my job to be the ass that has to tell you to keep it together. There has been a mass surge of spam due to the point system, and we have to make sure that these things are kept under control, please take no offense to what I say. If your story is several chapters long, it is important to keep them together. Like with the Academy wars, each episode is a separate book with many chapters, if we were to spread those chapters into different threads it would be out of control. So if you have one story with many chapters, keep it in one thread. If you need any help I can merge them for you, just send me a PM. :)
Page: 1 of 1