Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Monkey Island - text hacking

Page: 1 of 1
 killbert
12-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Hi there! I'm new here... Sorry for my bad english :-D

How can I edit the texts (speech) of Monkey Island 1 and/or 2? I'm from Brazil and I wanna translate these games to a portuguese version...

I've tried to edit them with a hex editor, but I can't get it.

Thanx!
 jannar85
12-10-2002, 5:34 AM
No. It's called piracy after all....
 Ender
12-10-2002, 5:35 AM
You could always try READING the forum before posting a question :)

Somebody has asked exactly the same thing just four or five threads down!
 jannar85
12-10-2002, 5:42 AM
It seems like it's the same guy, Ender.

--- edit ---
This proves it:
 Ender
12-10-2002, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by jannar85

Possibly, but he's from a different ISP than both of the other two (The one that posted the pirated software link, and the original poster of the other thread).

As for legality goes, well, it's not the purpose of this forum - but yeah, it's illegal either way (even translated, your still copying LucasArts text)... but it's less illegal if it is just a patch over the original datafiles as opposed to complete replacements. I'm not a lawyer, your millage may vary :)
 killbert
12-16-2002, 9:24 AM
Hi there!

Originally posted by Ender

No. It's called piracy after all....

I'm not trying to make piracy. I've got only a question.

--- edit ---
This proves it:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi jannar85

No, I'm not the same guy. I'm new here, and I've made only the question that I've posted here.

Listen, I'm only trying to find somebody who can answer my questions. I'm not here to make enemies. I'm here to make friends.

Ender, thank's a lot for the answers! :-)
I hope to find here more guys like you.
 jannar85
12-17-2002, 3:16 AM
Originally posted by killbert
Hi jannar85

No, I'm not the same guy. I'm new here, and I've made only the question that I've posted here.

Listen, I'm only trying to find somebody who can answer my questions. I'm not here to make enemies. I'm here to make friends.

Ender, thank's a lot for the answers! :-)
I hope to find here more guys like you.

Aight. I'm sorry if I was rude towards you - but I thought you was someone like those who posted full versions of LEC games... (But found another way, like a translation)

I apologize.

I don't want enemies either.

Welcome to this forum. I hope you'll stay. And sorry if I confused you with the other one.

:)
 killbert
12-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by jannar85

Aight. I'm sorry if I was rude towards you - but I thought you was someone like those who posted full versions of LEC games... (But found another way, like a translation)

I apologize.

I don't want enemies either.

Welcome to this forum. I hope you'll stay. And sorry if I confused you with the other one.

:)

Hi Jannar!

Ok, I understand you, and I have the same opinion about piracy. I have all MI games, originals.

And thank's for the welcome! :-)
 jannar85
12-18-2002, 1:57 AM
Originally posted by killbert

Hi Jannar!

Ok, I understand you, and I have the same opinion about piracy. I have all MI games, originals.

And thank's for the welcome! :-)

Cool! :D

I'm starting to like you already.... :)
Page: 1 of 1