Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yun WIP

Page: 1 of 1
 BloodRiot
12-09-2002, 7:22 PM
Hey there!

Yun is my first work for the DF2: JK Mod.

It seems ironic that im now working to recreate the very first game I ever modeled and skinned for.

Well.. as far as modeling concerns... I'm just about done. The only things I'll be messing with is minor bugs if I happen tocome across any. As of now it seems a-ok.

I'm not sure if Yun has a tunic flap hanging on his back as he does on his front... that is also something that I may need to add. I think he hasn't.. and I had lil luck finding reference pics that shed some light on the subject...as of now im gonna follow my suspicion that he hasn't.

Im gonna post the usual WIP pics. If any of you happens to have good reference photos please tell me of any errors you may find and please send them over to me or direct me to them if you be so kind.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/yun_wip1.jpg)
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/yun_head.jpg)
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/yun_torso.jpg)

Cheers
 Hellfire Jedi
12-09-2002, 7:29 PM
Wuv ur other models m8 you and Absath are an unbeatable team... but one other team is getting good Madjai and Inbred you guys gotta catch up!!!!!
Well i think this is a great model m8 good luck with it...
Also...
What program do you use and when did you start this?

Hellfire
 BloodRiot
12-09-2002, 7:40 PM
Hehe... Im working on the same team as Madjai. We are just assigned diferent jobs. He has done Jerec and Maw... im doing Yun now and I think i will be doing Sariss next.

I got a bit out of practice but I'm catching up. Im gonna start UVmapping the model for Absath to skin it while I attach the model to the skeleton and do all that boring part about making new models :p

Anyway thx for the compliment.

I started modeling on the notepad lol... DF2: JK 3do files were scripts containing the coordinates for the vertexes... im sure this one doesnt count lol.

Ok serioisly now... my first real 3d environment was milkshape 3d when I did some work for Vampire the Masquerade Redemption.

After that It was 3d Studio Max all the way.
 Toonces
12-09-2002, 7:47 PM
It's great to see you around here again Blood :D I can't wait to see what goodies you two come up with now :)
 BloodRiot
12-09-2002, 8:03 PM
Thx Toonces. :) I'll be mostly doing Dark Jedi fora bit :D
I heard you made some breakthroughs with facial animation. Gotta tell me how it's done... I left before people started using that :rolleyes:

Anyway... I went to the trouble of downloading a Smacker Player and saw the Yun Containing cutscenes from the original game.

No Back Tunic Flap.

Cheers :cool:
 Toonces
12-09-2002, 8:18 PM
That's cool, I'll be very intrested to see what you do with Sariss :)

The facial animations are very easy to setup, It's just nobody tried to do it until I did so with Palpatine. There are 7 bones, jaw, lblip2, ltlip2, rblip2, rtlip2, ceyebrow, reye, leye. They are the only facial bones that carcass will compile
 §ith Lord
12-10-2002, 2:40 PM
The model looks great Bloodriot, cant wait to see it released. And welcome back.
 Luuke
12-10-2002, 5:01 PM
the model looks good so far, but i think it's something wrong with it's proportions.
the arms and legs are too thin, so it looks unnatural!
other than that it looks perfect to me!
 BloodRiot
12-10-2002, 9:00 PM
Ok.. UVmapping done and sent over to Absath. He'll post a few pics as soon as there's some work done.

Cheers.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-10-2002, 9:09 PM
Wow Riot you work quick and f***ing good i sware I cant wait to see what Abby does

hellfire
 BloodRiot
12-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Ok... the model has been compiled for the first time. The usual animating bugs... as soon as they are all corrected, my part in this model is done.
 Mex
12-12-2002, 1:33 PM
Nice work BloodRiot, looks very good, but how did you manage to do that so fast?
 t3rr0r
12-12-2002, 4:29 PM
his upper body looks a little stunted.
 BloodRiot
12-12-2002, 5:00 PM
Flanders: I guess practice makes perfect. Modeling itself is not very hard for me. I can do it pretty easily.
For instance, the mandalorians took me over a mounth to complete, I was learning how to mod for this game at that time. Tyrion took me almost a couple of weeks. Big diference.

Last Friday I made the basic human outline. Then I took the weekend off 'cuz I have other hobbies such as the band. I started modeling Yun on monday. It's thursday and it's almost complete.

Well... to be honest... im sure that if this was a full time job or something... and using the same basic human outline.. I could prep a model in a day. 8 hours are more than enough to do everything providing there are no setbacks or bugs involved.

Of course I'm lazy and I like to take a few breaks now and then to play some games.

Anyway... if you got freetime on your hands... and you are confortable with modeling... this is done pretty darn fast... it's not as long a job as many think.

Also dont forget that a lot fo time is for beta test the model and correct the minor bugs. I usually take the time to correct every lil imperfection about animation as possible. Those shoulders are real SOBs.

Terror: huh? stunted? plz explain!:confused:
I do not know the meaning of "stunted" in this context.:(
 t3rr0r
12-12-2002, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by BloodRiot
Terror: huh? stunted? plz explain!:confused:
I do not know the meaning of "stunted" in this context.:(
i think it's his torso... anyway, some part of the proportions looks off a bit. i can't really say what it is, because i just can't think of it. :sweat:
 Mest
12-12-2002, 10:32 PM
i also think that yun's arms and legs are too skinny in proportion to the rest of him.

I also think his body needs to be "longer". his waist is too high up.
 BloodRiot
12-13-2002, 1:58 AM
His waist is right where it should be.. i checked the skeleton. Heck I built this model on top of the skeleton and even compard to other models.

It's probably an ilusion created by the belt. Yun has a belt that resembles the weighlifters belts... really wide. In his front.. the belt almost covers all his abdominals.

Also.. if your arms are alongside of the body.. the elbows are roughfly at the same height as the waist... check the full body pictures to confirm it is right.

I want to see how he ends up after it's skinned... cuz the rendering system is a bit weird... things look a bit diferent in modview.

But I will keep every lil advice and sugestion in my mind in case you boys are right ;)

*Arms and legs too skinny.
*Torso may be out of porportion (this one may be the cause of the first).
*Waist may be to high.

There is no point of no return here.. just more hours of work ;)
 Mest
12-17-2002, 11:44 PM
so how's he comming along?
 BloodRiot
12-18-2002, 6:44 AM
Well... im having a few issues... I imported a jedi trainer head so I could do the facial animation better... that part is a bit dificult to model cuz of the eyes and inside of the mouth... those parts I imported must have some sort of thing going on.. maybe they dont like Yun's body or something and they insist on being out of place.

In max they are placed perfectly.. but when I export... they go berserk... the rest of the model is just fine.

I have to get that done... and Absath should be finishing the skin anytime soon.
 Mest
12-30-2002, 4:54 PM
so how is yun comming along? did absath finish the skin?
 Emon
12-31-2002, 8:15 PM
If you have your JK CD 1 still, go get the Smacker player from www.radgametools.com). You can then watch the JK cutscenes right off the CD, they're the best reference source you can get.
 Mest
01-05-2003, 11:18 PM
i dont usually bump topics but i feel this one deserves one.
BUMP
 BloodRiot
01-07-2003, 7:12 AM
Thx... Modeling's just about done... I've been waiting for the skin to correct the minor bugs.

'till i get the skin this model is stalled. Well... I'm no one's boss...yet ,p so i wont be hasting Absath. I'm sure he's busy with his personal life.

As a secondary project I'm doing Dark Side Kyle, the modeling is done also and the skin job has been assigned to Baena from the TC mod im working with. I expect it to take less time.

I'm sorry I havent updated very often but really, there's nothing new to report i'm afraid. :(

Well, I hope I can put an end to this thread and be able to start a new one soon.

Cheers.
 Mest
02-19-2003, 10:03 PM
i feel the need to bump this again. it is just too good a model to let slip away.
 Zippo85
02-25-2003, 2:19 PM
Im a rookie skinne from the Jedi Knight 2 Enhance mod. And i am curently working on a skin for the Yun model by BloodRiot.
I think it is comming along just fine. i would appriciate some response on it.

Note:
this is a WIP and i havent started on the hair, nor the hands yet

http://www.geocities.com/rjurs85/wip.jpg)
 Altus_Thrawn
02-25-2003, 4:07 PM
Sounds cool, pics don't show up.
 Mest
02-26-2003, 12:35 AM
copy and paste the link for it to work.

Nice start especially for a starter. The robes need to be a little more detailed. The "belt" looks a bit blurry. The boots also need to look a little less "grainy" and more shiny like lukes boots. Also, his face is a litle wierd. Maybe when it is fully skinned i will be able to tell it is yun but if you only showed me the head i would have no clue it was yun. overall i would say an excellent start and i eagerly await the revisions. :D
 ninja
03-23-2003, 8:02 PM
who or what is yun?
 Azrael
03-23-2003, 8:43 PM
Yun (http://www.jediknight.net/trail/profile.html) is (or, was, rather) a dark jedi that was in the service of Jerec in Jedi Knight.
 ninja
03-23-2003, 9:20 PM
wow thats a trippy ref. page you posted. i never played dark forces 2 before. wow so those are pics of the movies that come on during game play? neat.
 Crowy
03-24-2003, 7:01 AM
aww i wanted screenies and i cant see any!! can somebody post some new ones?
 The Count
03-24-2003, 10:03 AM
I can't believe the amount of people who haven't played Dark Forces II
 Kurgan
03-28-2003, 5:51 PM
Pity.. it's a Star Wars gaming classic (along with MotS), and every JK2 player should play it through at least once... if nothing else than for the backstory.

Though the MP might be too fast for the casual JK2 player. ; )

I figured a lot of people would go back and play it that hadn't before, considering the deluxe pack came with the previous game.
 Crowy
03-28-2003, 5:59 PM
i miss that dark force power from it where you throw rubble at a selected target... its been that long since ive played it i cant remember what its called... i cant remember who were hte evil jedi in MOTS(dont have the spoiler) i know jan and kyle... and hte statues that came alive... anyone else?

anyway back on subject... is htis model still a wip.... if so i wanna see what it looks like :D
 reaper1576
03-28-2003, 6:04 PM
Originally posted by Zippo85
Im a rookie skinne from the Jedi Knight 2 Enhance mod. And i am curently working on a skin for the Yun model by BloodRiot.
I think it is comming along just fine. i would appriciate some response on it.

Note:
this is a WIP and i havent started on the hair, nor the hands yet

http://www.geocities.com/rjurs85/wip.jpg)
its coming along nicely man give me a shout tonite if your about let me know if u need anything to help you with the skin and if ur gonna need a shader
 Crowy
03-28-2003, 6:05 PM
oh i jsut got a screenie to work..... looks pretty good...
 Kurgan
03-29-2003, 8:51 PM
I miss the old powers too, like Seeing and Blind (and the Uber speed and Destruction, heh).

Throw was cool... well maybe somebody we'll see some mods to make those powers available again!
 RaSiN_HeCk
04-04-2003, 2:11 AM
hey, about the skin, his clothing repeated the same texture all over, think you could put SOME design on it? and his face looks like he's over the hill, I remember Yun being a young ..uhmm....newbie if you will.
Page: 1 of 1