Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

df mod

Page: 1 of 1
 lllKyNeSlll
12-03-2002, 3:20 PM
is this gonna be df physics? or just models? i didn't have time to dl the demo for ur mod sry. but is the gravity, speed and physics all the same?
 ImmolatedYoda
12-03-2002, 4:41 PM
i dont know what the team is planning to do on the subject of the original DF physics, but gravity can be changed when the maps are made i believe. for the other things, i think some coding will be involved (if they are changed, keep in mind this is a MOD, not a TC).
 Darth_Linux
12-04-2002, 12:38 PM
we've adjusted the gravity so that you can make the same types of jumps that existed in DF (long ones) but other than that we are not messing with things.

This is a MOD, not a total conversion, so we aren't replicating every little nuiance of an ancient 2.5D engine.
 ImmolatedYoda
12-04-2002, 4:55 PM
hmm..are you sure all of the jumps will be possible? in the demo it took several tries for me to get the jump across the platforms in front of the base (to get to the secret). and in the Arc Hammer, i remember there is a room that leads to a secret where you have to run across before the ceiling crushes you...i believe it was only possible with the super run..just a point.
 Emon
12-04-2002, 6:46 PM
You don't need to adjust the gravity, you need to jump crouch. At the top of your jump, hold down crouch and you should be able to make the jumps. Reducing gravity a LITTLE may be necessary.
 MilesTeg
12-04-2002, 6:54 PM
we already lowered the gravity in the demo a bit... :D

It is impossible to do the jumps with the JO gravity
Page: 1 of 1