Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just got done with...

Page: 1 of 1
 ForceCommander
12-02-2002, 5:27 PM
Just got done with my first run through of the demo, and I've got to say great job. I'm gonna definately go through a lot more to check for all the little things :D . The whole Jar Jar voice thing kind of freaked me out a bit though. It's not staying I hope heh.
 Katarn07
12-02-2002, 5:33 PM
Jar Jar voice???
 ForceCommander
12-02-2002, 7:45 PM
Yeah, when kyle looses health, it freaked me out a first, and then it got pretty funny. I never had kyle die yet though, I'll have to do that next time.
 Katarn07
12-02-2002, 8:36 PM
I don't recall that.
I do remember hating Kyle's voice. JK and JO's are a lot better. Then there is that MotS actor... What's up with that?
You'll know what I'm talking about for the DF Kyle when you see the second cutscene of the game.

Hmm... This looks like it could be a normal Imperial attack, except for those sounds. All right, I'm in. I want Jan Ors as my mission officer!

lol, Kyle was fat back then too. He was still cool. I remember when I played with toys, the Hoth Rebel with the beard was my Kyle. No EU (except Shadows) back then... :(
 ForceCommander
12-02-2002, 9:37 PM
you don't recall that?

when kyle's down to about 75 health, he starts saying (in Jar Jar's voice) "A little help here would be (can't make out the last part). Around 25 or so he says "Mesa outta here" and at 10 or so he says "Ouch Time" and at death all you hear is a heart beat.

I think for voice JK was the best. Not to mention one of my biggest gripes about MotS and JO was the lack of real life cutscenes. I mean if they could make them look that good back in 1997, you'd think they would make them for the newer games too. Maybe in the next installment :D
 ImmolatedYoda
12-02-2002, 9:53 PM
hmmm..me thinks that something is wrong with ForceCommander's JO...there are no new pain sounds in the DF demo i believe (looked through the pk3) and so you must have replaced your kyle player sounds in your base folder with those from the jar jar model. thats just what im thinking.

real acting cutscenes for the next installments? doubtful. i believe that that is leaving the gaming industry.
 Darth_Linux
12-02-2002, 11:07 PM
what immolated yoda said - you have the jar jar sounds on your pc somewhere, they sure as hell aint in the MOD . . .
 ForceCommander
12-03-2002, 1:36 AM
ah I downloaded the dark jar jar skin, and apparently in it's pk3 file the sounds folder is called kyle, and it looks like the game is using that folder for the kyle sounds. I'll definatley have to get rid of those, very annoying. Thanks for pointing it out guys :p
Page: 1 of 1