Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My Dark Forces Mod for JO Demo Review

Page: 1 of 1
 Hard Driver
12-01-2002, 11:01 PM
All in all, I liked it. The level was pretty accurate, while adding a few things such as a searchlight and breakable glass. The E-11 is modelled really well(better than Raven's IMO) and so is the Naval Trooper. But a few things should be tweaked out for the final release:

-Bryar model wasn't too accurate to DF or JK(I like JK's better).
-The descriptions of the blasters use the word "laser" like the original manual although we all know today that isn't correct.
-The midi version of the opening scroll and the 11 kHz sounds bothered me. In game music should be from the trilogy soundtracks if it was originally from the movies.
-The E-11 is unbalanced as hell, both fire modes are full auto although one is more accurate(primary fire). Not to mention that both the original sound and full auto one from JO play at the same time when you fire it.
-Bryar still has yellow lighting although the muzzle flash and bolt is red.
-There's graphical bugs with the weapon models when you lean around corners in first person view. Try it and see what I mean.
-Needs a lot more detail to compare with JO.

And some things I think would enhance it overall:

-You might think about editing the E-11's muzzle flash to be whitish like the movies and the dynamic light to match.
-Let the searchlight do something other than just sit there rotating around for show.
-I think that JK's Bryar is the best looking. Look in the cutscenes and any other reference pictures and you'll see what I mean. Also, make the hammer **** back like in the original game when firing it.
-Secret areas can't be accessed like in the original game.

That's about it!
 MilesTeg
12-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Hard Driver
-Secret areas can't be accessed like in the original game.

Not all secrets can be accessed like in the original game. But they all can be accessed :D
 ImmolatedYoda
12-02-2002, 5:22 PM
on the matter of music, its kinda unfortunate that a lot of the DF music isnt from the movies. if it was soundtrack quality, it would be great, the love the music originally from DF
Page: 1 of 1