Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

problem with the demo

Page: 1 of 1
 CAPacelli
11-28-2002, 8:21 PM
ive got everything installed in the proper places, got the link on my desktop ("C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2sp.exe" +set fs_game dark), opening movie runs fine, and i get to the menu all right, but then my problem starts. when i start the game (select difficulty, click begin, yadda yadda), the game crashes and the sp console window appears with the flashing text at the top "bad parameter in external weapon data 'firingforce'" the last bit of stuff in the window is as follows:

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
UI menu load time = 2954 milli seconds
execing gamestart.cfg
------ Server Initialization ------
JK2: v1.02a win-x86 Mar 4 2002
Server: secbase
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Initializing Shaders
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
----- Server Shutdown -----
---------------------------
bad parameter in external weapon data 'firingforce'

anybody got any ideas?? i could really use the help, thanks!!
 Emon
11-28-2002, 10:10 PM
You need at least the 1.03 patch. The 1.04 patch is the same for SP as 1.03. Get it here at JKII.net.
 ImmolatedYoda
11-28-2002, 10:38 PM
i agree with emon. it says JK2: v1.02a so i would recommend getting the 1.03/1.04 patch and seeing what it does.
 Katarn07
11-29-2002, 11:51 AM
No, that is happening to me now, too! I just load the game now. Although, it works now. Just restart your computer and try again...
Also, after playing it, my sisters got on and started to do stuff with iMesh or something like it, and the main DF mod menu appears, but its blacked out, nothing is clickable, and you have to hit the reset button on the tower...
 Darth_Linux
11-29-2002, 1:30 PM
the "weapon firing force" error is definately due to needing the 1.03 or 1.04 patch. We did mention this numerous times that you need the patch to play . . . .
 CAPacelli
11-29-2002, 1:58 PM
okay, thanks for the help, guess i just got caught up in the excitement and forgot to read everything, lol! ill give it a try and see what happens.
Page: 1 of 1