Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mando model edit

Page: 3 of 4
 Hellfire Jedi
12-10-2002, 9:22 PM
Dude,
I like it you guys did a good job. The purple EWWW ;) j/k. Its good just it looks like one of the eyes is kinda covered by a face cheek. May i gve it to my brother to look at too? He subjested that you guys take off the jetpack too which would be kick ass.

Hellfire
 El Sitherino
12-10-2002, 10:42 PM
we can make a surf file for that.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-11-2002, 6:23 AM
Exactly ;),
Just you wouldn't need to ask me about that dunno what to do:rolleyes: .
Well i will be using the model a bit see whats wrong whats good thnx fer letting me test it!!!

Hellfire
 El Sitherino
12-11-2002, 8:06 AM
your welcome.
 El Sitherino
12-11-2002, 2:44 PM
hey guys i wanna let yall know i wont be on for a while and posting i might not even be able to check the forums but yall go ahead and finish get this thing perfect and yall can send it in. Peace :wavey:
 Matt-Liell
12-11-2002, 3:22 PM
k well ill finish up the skin (may take a week or so) and ill send it to all of u and yes u to there Fire!
 Duncan_10158
12-11-2002, 5:07 PM
sure you can try to redo the skin but it will be very difficult without the new skinmaps. doing these skinmaps will be a very hard work and at the moment i got some other things left to do. it would be also posible to do that with Gmax and sent me just the .uv files.

in this first version we brought in game are surly still some faults, with over 3500 verts the probabilety to make mistakes is very high, so let me know if you find something.
 El Sitherino
12-11-2002, 5:26 PM
oh matt you think you could also get the mohawk mando done cuz id like to have that put in game too. sorry bout this this is the last time ill be posting for a while i forgot to put this in my last post.do the skinmaps also or atleast try ill be back in a few days i got in a little situation that is why i will not be on for a while well anyways ill talk to yall later. Peace IM OUT
 El Sitherino
12-13-2002, 4:55 PM
YAY my return to the place i call something... yeah ok well thats about it.
 El Sitherino
12-14-2002, 3:34 PM
sorry for the tripple post but well i completely redid the mohawk mando and you can go here (http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/jofaf/lst?.dir=/MANDO+EDIT+PICS&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/) to see it.
 Matt-Liell
12-14-2002, 3:38 PM
ive been away for awhile and i havent started the touch up on the skin yetr but i will soon when i have some time, it'll be a little longer than expected, sorry guys!:sweat:
 El Sitherino
12-14-2002, 3:45 PM
its ok matt. im workin on fixing up the model i noticed some errors so if you want you can continue or i can send you the redone versions you can see the pics in the link i gave above.
 El Sitherino
12-14-2002, 10:13 PM
hey guys sorry bout double post but i just installed 3DSM and i was wondering if someone could email me a copy of all the things i need to weight the skeleton and get the model in game. cuz ive followed the tutorial but i still cant see it. thanks thats all.
 Matt-Liell
12-17-2002, 12:32 PM
ok, ill wait to skin the revised model then, this time please skinmap it then send it to me! ive been sick for almost a week and ive watched all the Star Wars movies and Indiana Jones movies a million times so i decided to gather some energy and work on some jk2 maps!
 El Sitherino
12-17-2002, 5:01 PM
ok sorry but could anyone tell me how to skinmap. i know how to uvwmap and unwrap all that but how do i skin map?
 Scotchy
12-19-2002, 12:03 AM
Sith... you tard... I sent you a homemade tutorial about how to skinmap!

You Unwrap it first and then make pictures of the unwrapped bits(at power of 2 sizes 512x512,etc). Those images are what people skin on.
 El Sitherino
12-19-2002, 8:08 AM
oh yeah sorry scotch i forgot about that sorry people brain lapse... i got finals this week and im just going insane.
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 2:06 PM
ok good news ronin is gonna help with the skinmaps and all that good stuff. i found out the reason it didnt work when i did the skinmaps is cuz i got the wrong version of 3dsm. matt id like if you could also try and skin the mohawk one if you up to it. i want the armor to be a red and blackish kinda color or something like the montross armor in bounty hunter for ps2. if you dont know what it looks like check the main site at lucas arts.
 Lord Tnuc
01-05-2003, 3:17 PM
An idea for a possible Mandolorian model edit..perhaps, you could edit more of the model that you have, so that the armor has more of a figure...more streamlined..more femenine(spelling). I've seen a picture of a female in mandalorian armor before. I'll try to show you what I'm talking about if I can find the picture.
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 3:20 PM
yeah i know what you talkin about.
 Lord Tnuc
01-05-2003, 3:31 PM
Alright. I found a version of what I'm talking about. Perhaps alternate skins of this maybe like the Jango, the Jinn, etc armor like in the mando pack.

http://www.alltel.net/~sinajax/shanticle1.jpg)
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 3:42 PM
yeah ive seen that before kinda makes me think of bubblegum crisis.
 Lord Tnuc
01-05-2003, 3:46 PM
Lol, yeah, the colors don't really produce fear of any sort. Like I said, perhaps reskins of it like the mando models. Basically the same color schemes as the Mando models, perhaps add a few more. Perhaps even custom taunts.
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 3:52 PM
i got some girls that could make some taunts maybe someone would need to clean the sounds up though.
 Lord Tnuc
01-05-2003, 3:58 PM
To me, it sounds great. Having a female mandalorian to run around as and shoot people up as. Perhaps you could also do a no-helmet version, as well of each. Probably the same modeled head and whatnot, but with different skins for hair color and features and such.
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 4:06 PM
yeah but ill do this after i get the other mandos ingame
 Lord Tnuc
01-05-2003, 4:35 PM
Sounds good. Good luck on both the mando models and the female mando model.
 El Sitherino
01-08-2003, 6:16 PM
thanks. i hope i can get them ingame before the end of the month.
 Lord Tnuc
01-08-2003, 6:39 PM
That's awesome. I could see about finding more reference material for the female mando if you'd like.
 El Sitherino
01-08-2003, 6:52 PM
that would be great. thanks tnuc.
 Classic Luke
01-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Hiyas all!!! I managed to find a cool female mando pic:) However, I am new to all this thread business, so ill give ya the address of it, i promise u wont be disappointed :)
http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=43&screen=27&action=&keyword=&date=&type=search)

Please forgive me if this doesnt work.

Oh yeah, on a side note; I would really love it if the mando sabering animation could be corrected PLEASE :)

pretty PLEASE:))
 Lord Tnuc
01-09-2003, 1:09 AM
That's a good finding, Classic Luke. That's the one I'd found originally and was talking about. I've contacted the woman who drew the "bubble gum" female mando, to see if she has more drawings like that, but perhaps more views. Her website makes me think that she'll be rather generous about it. I'm hoping she'll probably be able to give some more drawings of the designs and whatnot.

Btw, welcome to the forums, Classic Luke. I think that'sthe purpose of this mando model edit to begin with, actually..is to first of all, fix the weighting errors.

Anyway. Hope to have more for you tomorrow, Sith. Good luck with life, by the way.
 El Sitherino
01-09-2003, 6:29 PM
thanks good job on getting the pic i will be able to do most of it for sure(example the breasts and the helmet.) if you can get a pic of the jetpack i would appreciate it. cuz i noticed the rocket is lower/smaller.
 Lord Tnuc
01-09-2003, 7:31 PM
The author wrote back telling me that there were no other drawings other than the ones I've seen. I'll take another look real quick and post the others. I don't think there is a back view, though.

Edit: Here are the other two. She does ask for credit for use of her drawings, though. Cariad Reese is the name. Anyway, here they are.

http://www.alltel.net/~sinajax/shanticle2.jpg)
http://www.alltel.net/~sinajax/shanticle3.jpg)
 El Sitherino
01-09-2003, 8:57 PM
alright im havin a hard time right now oh getting the breasts right. if they are rounded they dont fit right if they look right they are just coney ill keep workin on it but im not sure if i can do it basically there arent enough vertex's around the chest to round it off very well.
 El Sitherino
01-09-2003, 9:29 PM
ok im gonna try and edit it onto the jan model and kinda do a combination of the models.
 Lord Tnuc
01-09-2003, 9:43 PM
I'm sure the pointy breasts would work fine, since, if you pay attention to Jan's chest anyway...her breasts are quite pointy, with no cleavage.
 Classic Luke
01-09-2003, 9:45 PM
Aye, good thinking Insanesith. Btw i dl your glm of the helmetless mando and it looks great! Cant wait to see it in game:)
 El Sitherino
01-09-2003, 9:48 PM
well im gonna edit it onto the jan model. im fixin up her breasts right now to fit the basic style of the pic. im about to put her in gmax to do some editing and other stuff.
 El Sitherino
01-09-2003, 10:33 PM
ok im gonna post some pics soon for the editing i did on jans face and head. ( i went and lengthened her ponytail and i thinned her face.)
 Lord Tnuc
01-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Perhaps you could have it to where the default_skin has the model with a helmet, with no hair showing(as if it's tied under the helmet), and then with helmet variations of each skin, will have no helmet and will have her normal hair and whatnot
 El Sitherino
01-09-2003, 11:56 PM
 Azrael
01-10-2003, 12:52 AM
I found a site a while back that had a lot of Mandalorian references. It's down right now, and I don't know if it'll come back up. But, in case it does, it could really help you out.

http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/mandalorians.htm)
 El Sitherino
01-10-2003, 8:25 AM
thanks for helpin out guys. i appreciate it.
 Lord Tnuc
01-10-2003, 1:40 PM
Any time, Sith. Looking good on the female mando. Can't wait to have her running around and slicing and dicing people up.
 El Sitherino
01-10-2003, 5:34 PM
yeah ill work on her more this weekend. and try and figure out what ill do for the armor.
 Lord Tnuc
01-10-2003, 8:28 PM
I posted this in the Zam Wessel thread, also, because I think NeoMarz would be quite able to do something like this.

Okay. I've been thinking about this idea for quite some time. I'm not sure if it's possible, but hear it out to the end. A rocket launcher/jetpack conversion. Basically...the same way you change the positions of the animations of the saber stances...could someone perhaps create a rocket launcher that you basically have nothing in your hands...but then once you hit the fire button, the animation causes you to crouch, with the rocket positioned on the back, so that it would be like it was coming out of the jetpack. I'm not talking about coding in a crouch, I'm talking about changing the "stance" from the "recoil"(?) so that instead of recoiling, it could just crouch, and it'd fire. Possible? I think so.

Just an idea to think about, Mista Sith
 boinga1
01-10-2003, 9:34 PM
I think that to replace that animation you would replace all the other firings (e-11, DEMP, Golan Arms, etc.) with crouch, and that'd be a lot of weapons on a jetpack.
 El Sitherino
01-11-2003, 12:01 AM
i think i might try and either edit the jetpack or make an entirely new jetpack. what you think also should there be a rocket on it or not. let me know. maybe both who knows just let me know what you would like.
 Lord Tnuc
01-11-2003, 2:25 AM
My preference is something that would require the most work. I would like for it to be basically...ya got multiple variations of each. and likethe mando pack..each skin has a different combination.
model_Default: helmeted, jetpack(with rocket)
model_Default_2: no helmet, jetpack(without rocket)
I think the no-helmeted versions should not have the rocket on the jetpack, since of course...when the rocket fired..it would most likely fry the person's head and all without that handy dandy helmet of his.
By the way, in Bounty Hunter, Jango has a lot of dialogue. Perhaps someone could get sounds from there.
Page: 3 of 4