Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Odd bug with the demo

Page: 1 of 1
 Perfect Chaos
11-27-2002, 9:20 PM
Weird... when I started up the mod it ran perfectly fine, until I met an officer. He was like 1/100th the size of a normal one; and he was so small there was no way I could shoot him. The stormtroopers were also like this; but the commandos were fine. Maybe it is just a problem on my part, but I dunno. I also noticed I had a heal force power which didn't even work heh. Lastly, there's an extra life in the cave which is supposed to be a secret but isn't. I don't wanna sound like I'm complaining, as this was(is) an awesome mod. I just want it to be the best it can be ;) Overall I'd give this mod a 9.5/10 so far. Keep it up :cool:
 TheMadDoofer
11-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Hmmm. That didn't seem to happen to me. Do you have the Tiny Empire mod installed?
 Katarn07
11-27-2002, 10:20 PM
I agree on that secret area one. But it seems they have thrown a new one in as well. It's not like you're denied that extra life, its just no secret in the mod.
Tiny Empire is the only logical explanation for your problem.
 ImmolatedYoda
11-27-2002, 11:53 PM
i agree with the above about Tiny Empire, you must have the npcs.cfg or whatever from it in your base i think. but thanks to Tine Empire, i learned that you can make people larger too!! bwhahah!
 JEDI OUTCAST
11-28-2002, 1:56 AM
demo rocks.:D . there are no bugs when i played it. you must have a mod that makes them like that.:)
 Perfect Chaos
11-28-2002, 12:12 PM
Alrighty thanks alot guys. I'm gonna see if I can get rid of this tiny empire mod ;)
 michael_collins
11-28-2002, 1:22 PM
i did notice the weird force heal thing thou, it kinda freaked me out but i used it when i could lol, seems its only worth like 15hp
 TheMadDoofer
11-28-2002, 4:57 PM
The icon for force heal looks like the Death Star plans model, so it's sorta weird. But it gave me a full 25% heal.
 Katarn07
11-28-2002, 6:29 PM
It doesn't work for me...
I'm kind of glad. Although, I always near full health. I am one fast, agile son of a Gundark... :D
 ImmolatedYoda
11-28-2002, 6:32 PM
mere mortals. us Gods never get hurt.
 Perfect Chaos
11-28-2002, 8:49 PM
Yeppers, that was the problem. Man I must say I am not very skilled at JO single player... it seems you gotta pinpoint your shots or else it will "miss" the enemies. Recently I re-played Quake I for the first time in a while and I could easily complete that in "Nightmare" difficulty; IMO they don't make single player like they used to... I mean, it seems unless you hit the guys precisely in the center it counts as a "miss" :P

Or perhaps I am too used to MP where you have to lead your target somewhat and of course SP does not have any of that. BTW I've got a question for the team. Will they release a new version of the demo whenever the next level is finished? I.e. when the second one is finished they release a 0.15 version, then after the third a 0.20, etc... To be truthful I don't want to have to wait a year for the whole thing at once ;)
 Emon
11-28-2002, 10:05 PM
JO's hit detection is much more advanced than Q3, it's surface to surface detection as opposed to big boxes.
 ImmolatedYoda
11-28-2002, 10:36 PM
yeah, in Quake you would just fire a rocket, hit an enemies arm and blow them up. with better AI and hit detection and locational damage its harder now.
 Katarn07
11-29-2002, 11:43 AM
That whole, hitting the torso doesn't do as much as their head...
But I got used to it and with the mouse (yes, I use a mouse now :D) it's a breeze.
 Darth_Linux
11-29-2002, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Chaos
Yeppers, that was the problem. Man I must say I am not very skilled at JO single player... it seems you gotta pinpoint your shots or else it will "miss" the enemies. Recently I re-played Quake I for the first time in a while and I could easily complete that in "Nightmare" difficulty; IMO they don't make single player like they used to... I mean, it seems unless you hit the guys precisely in the center it counts as a "miss" :P

Or perhaps I am too used to MP where you have to lead your target somewhat and of course SP does not have any of that. BTW I've got a question for the team. Will they release a new version of the demo whenever the next level is finished? I.e. when the second one is finished they release a 0.15 version, then after the third a 0.20, etc... To be truthful I don't want to have to wait a year for the whole thing at once ;)

nope we aren't going to do it this way because we don't work on the assets for one level only. We are building many different parts all at the same time, and to strip everything down to only what is needed by one or two specific levels is a nightmare.

sorry - if we can get more help making the maps, skins, models and so on, it won't take us a year, so send us some help and there won't be so long to wait for the full game.
 Perfect Chaos
11-29-2002, 4:50 PM
Well, I would greatly enjoy helping you guys; but the big problem is, I have no modeling, skinning, mapping, nor texturing skills. If you have someone that can tutor me or something, I can try. I would need the original DF game unless you could get me some good screenies; so I gotta find it heh. It's been a while since I played it so it may be hard to locate.

I was seriously considering mapping but the greatest thing that turned me off was the poor camera movements in JKII Radiant. If there is a way to convert UT maps to JO format, then I could do it. I'm pretty good at making UT (Unreal Tournament) maps and if I could make that then convert it to JO I'd definately try it. Or perhaps if there is another editor besides Radiant, but I don't think there is.
Page: 1 of 1