Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sound idea

Page: 1 of 1
 Emon
11-27-2002, 5:46 PM
I noticed all the sounds you guys used from DF. The elevators, doors, enemy voices, etc. I think instead of using DF's, crappy 11 KHz sounds, you should use JK1's 22 KHz sounds instead. For the doors and elevators, JK has identicle sounds but are much higher quality. Enemy voices could be ripped from JK also, many of them sound similar to the ones from DF.

Just an idea, wasn't sure if anyone was aware of JK's higher sampled sounds.
 ImmolatedYoda
11-27-2002, 6:08 PM
i dont remember (and cant check because my DF doesnt have sound) but it seemed that in the demo stormies, officers, and commandos sometimes used the same sounds (ie pain/death). was it like this in DF?
 Katarn07
11-27-2002, 6:51 PM
Their lines are the best! I remember especially, "Stop Rebel Scum!" and an officer "You're in violation of Imperial Law!"
But JO's, even JK's weren't to cool.
Come on now! Why would you ask for ID if a guy is blowing you away?! (I didn't hear that one, thank the makers!)
 Darth_Linux
11-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Being the person responsible for the sounds, I'll probably take the time to extract the sounds from Jedi Knight and sort them all out, finding which are exact duplicates but better quality.

I thought about being very anal about replacing every possible enemy sound with sounds from DF, but there are so few sounds in DF for enemies compared to what is in JO that I left a lot of the JO sounds in, just for variety. This is a MOD afterall, not a total conversion so I don't feel bad about it not being "exact" . . . I will shoot for better quality sounds though.

thanks!
 Katarn07
11-27-2002, 10:55 PM
Hey, you're doing the work. But can you reduce the stupid comments, or does the PC randomly pick them?
 Darth_Linux
11-27-2002, 11:51 PM
it's random . . .
 Katarn07
11-28-2002, 10:34 AM
Too bad...
Page: 1 of 1