Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Vegeta

Page: 1 of 1
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-24-2002, 12:33 PM
I need some serious help here. This is what I have so far, and all I can say is that it has no hands yet. The stubs are there to model the hands out of, but I haven't made them because I keep messing up...

Anyone want to:

a) finish the model's hands
b) UVW Map the head/body
c) rig it to go in-game

For me?
All I have is GMax, so you can easily tell from there I have no way of doing this for myself...I can tweak the model, that's about it...I can even skin it (hand drawn textures, the texture in this pic is just a test) but I just can't UVWMap or weight it.

If anyone wants to help, drop me an e-mail - chronofanatik@yahoo.com. Thanks!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/vegeta1.jpg)
 Zain Sundancer
11-24-2002, 1:05 PM
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-24-2002, 8:25 PM
thanks. too bad no one bumps my threads. :P
 El Sitherino
11-24-2002, 11:36 PM
uhmm......BUMP
 Eldritch
11-25-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-
thanks. too bad no one bumps my threads. :P

Probably because you're not supposed to bump threads.
I bumped one once and KMan yelled at me, so I don't bump anything else. :D
 El Sitherino
11-30-2002, 2:08 PM
Bump.....
where?
In the road.....
Oh i see there in the......
BUMP
 BlindReaper
12-01-2002, 11:22 AM
here is another model pic that you can use to fix the size of head and stuff(and it's already skined) but don't worry it's not for jk2 so you can still work on that one without having to worry about someone already doing another one
http://www.dragonballu.com/images/models/veg.jpg)
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 11:24 AM
Its nice but its not for jk2
Don't post something for other games in jk2 forums me thinks
But looks good
 SpYzEr
12-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
Its nice but its not for jk2
Don't post something for other games in jk2 forums me thinks
But looks good

I think its supposed to be a reference pic :D
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-01-2002, 8:15 PM
Thanks for the ref pic. I'll refine the model some. If anyone's wondering, I'm modeling Vegeta from the Buu saga, not Cell.
 El Sitherino
12-01-2002, 8:16 PM
COOL
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-02-2002, 12:41 AM
but his totally kills mine right now ^_^.
 MysticSpade
12-11-2002, 2:14 PM
wassa Chrono did you give up on your model or somethin. i was hopin you would carry it through.
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-11-2002, 7:04 PM
Nope, didn't give up. Just going to start over. I have a ton of personal things going on right now, but I will get back to the model eventually. BTW, go download ESF for CS/Half Life. I'm looking forward to showing you real saiyan power :P
 Kain
12-11-2002, 9:45 PM
i hate dragon ball...it got old
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Sorry, took me a while to figure out what the point of you posting that was.
 MysticSpade
12-11-2002, 10:50 PM
i don't have CS/Half Life, but i do have E BFP ( english bid for power ).

so did you get Budokai i think it's very good for a 1st time DBZ ps2 game. it gets old with no challenge, like playing the comp over-and-over. and i really wanna play against you....you might be a worhy competitor.

also i know how them real life probs are..i have a few of them now. anyways best of luck to ya on your Vegeta.
 Gohan_Trunksss
12-15-2002, 10:26 PM
Finally a DBZ model, WOOHOO lol if you know how to make alternative skin modes for models when you type in console model/(skin) then you should make a vetea not in ssj mode and then a code that you type in console for ex model/vegeta2 and then he gets his ssj hair and ssj eyes ;) be tight if you could find a way to make his muscle bigger when you type the code so its really turning ssj but i dont think you can. just and idea, keep up the good work ^_^
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-15-2002, 11:17 PM
umm...thanks. But I'm starting over, considering my model was waaaaaaaay off.

But yes, that was the plan - to have separate models...one was going to be regular Vegeta w/CTF, another was going to be like the robed Mace Windu version...where you type in a specific thing like "model vegeta_ssj" and you get his SSj version.

It's still a long ways off, so don't get excited just yet.
Page: 1 of 1