Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WAIT!!! Means No Light Saber ??

Page: 1 of 1
 Killrah Goku
11-16-2002, 11:21 PM
I'm Stupid so i thing about Dark Forces like Dark Forces II :( agrrr
So this means no Force and Light Saber and No Fight with Jerec or Sarris !??:lsduel: :ball:
 Darth_Linux
11-16-2002, 11:54 PM
right . . .
 TIMMAY
11-16-2002, 11:54 PM
There is a mod around to convert the Original Jedi Knight into JKII, but i cant remember the site.
 Quotation
11-17-2002, 1:55 AM
 Katarn07
11-17-2002, 10:29 AM
I didn't know there was a JK conversion! You guys should hook 'em up with your site because, well frankly, your is 20x better than theirs...
 ImmolatedYoda
11-17-2002, 10:57 AM
damn Quotation, i thought i had that first! oh well for some reason my post didnt go up...and Katarn, what do you mean hook 'em up with the DF site?
 The_One
11-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I didn't know there was a JK conversion! You guys should hook 'em up with your site because, well frankly, your is 20x better than theirs...

We've talked about this before, and the reason for not doing so really comes down to our own selfishness.

Due to the nature of their project, and the fact that JK is commonly available in shops and makes a fair deal of money, there is a strong chance that at some point LEC may shut them down. Our project is very unlikely to be shut down, as no-one buys Dark Forces anymore, and the release of this MOD would if anything HELP LEC out.

If we create some sort of a unity between our two MODs and the JK MOD is shut down, then we will most likely end up going down with them. If we remain separate from each other, then what happens to one MOD won't affect the other.

I hope that makes sense - it's not that we don't want a closer relationship, we're just thinking of what's best for the MOD - and our MODs can both fucntion without the other :)
 ImmolatedYoda
11-17-2002, 12:22 PM
ah, thats perfectly fine and understandable. coolo
 Katarn07
11-17-2002, 1:25 PM
I was in a hurry and barely had time to respond. I meant provide a link to their site in your hompage...
Sorry for the misunderstanding and my confusing word order...
 Darth_Linux
11-17-2002, 3:02 PM
Originally posted by The_One

We've talked about this before, and the reason for not doing so really comes down to our own selfishness.

Due to the nature of their project, and the fact that JK is commonly available in shops and makes a fair deal of money, there is a strong chance that at some point LEC may shut them down. Our project is very unlikely to be shut down, as no-one buys Dark Forces anymore, and the release of this MOD would if anything HELP LEC out.

If we create some sort of a unity between our two MODs and the JK MOD is shut down, then we will most likely end up going down with them. If we remain separate from each other, then what happens to one MOD won't affect the other.

I hope that makes sense - it's not that we don't want a closer relationship, we're just thinking of what's best for the MOD - and our MODs can both fucntion without the other :)

I couldn't disagree more with Rich on this one. I've talked to Reaper and Primesghost a number of times and offered advice and assistance to them whenever they need it. If LEC foxes the DF mod, it won't be because of associating with another mod team . . .

then again, in the spirit of competition (which always increases quality) I'd like to keep a few Aces up my sleeve so that we set the standard of quality for all other JO mods with our DF mod.
 The_One
11-17-2002, 3:50 PM
Heh, I forgot we disagreed over that :p
 michael_collins
11-17-2002, 8:49 PM
sounds like a cold war, want i flip a coin to find out whos NATO and whos the Warsaw Pact ??

jus kiddin, those are true reasons and a valid argument to not associate with another team.
 Eklin
11-24-2002, 8:02 PM
I'm waiting for both mods right now. I plan on playing the demo for DF constantly when it's released, but I personally prefer lightsaber combat over all. I even bought a copy of Jedi Knight a few months ago for about $15 just to see what it was like, so I'd know what kind of story to expect from DFII Enhanced.

But, I doubt Lucas Arts will care about any lost profit from DF2. I mean, once the price goes down below $40, there's no real point in holding on.
Page: 1 of 1