Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about the release date of the Demo

Page: 1 of 1
 The Count
11-09-2002, 5:56 PM
will it be during the weekend update or will you upload it as soon as everything is ready to rock?
 MilesTeg
11-09-2002, 6:01 PM
no demo this weekend.
 Katarn07
11-09-2002, 6:18 PM
STOP making SO MANY threads about the demo!!!
But since I'm here, I might as well say that I am very pleased with your progress. You have really exceeded my expectations of the levels!
 Temujin
11-09-2002, 6:40 PM
I'm not that impressed with the speed as much as the quality. Why don't you tell us when the demo is coming out instead of guessing all the time. I wanted to see it this weekend damn it. You said it would be out by now, and I'd like to play it. I REALLY WOULD BE VERY UPSET IF IT IS NOT RELEASED BY NEXT WEEKEND!
 ImmolatedYoda
11-09-2002, 7:34 PM
chill temujin. youre not on the dev team, so you have no idea whats really going on. things happen to people or things take longer than expected. and really, you should be thankful they are even taking the time to do all of this.
 xcountryman03
11-09-2002, 8:39 PM
everyone calm down. it will be released when its done
 Infinity Blade
11-10-2002, 3:54 AM
This post is more directed towards those who are just a wee too impatient.

While I know you are eager to play it, there are ALOT of things to factor in here. We aren't paid game developers, more of hobbyists in a way. We have our own Jobs, Education, Families, Personal Obligations, not to mention any possible hurdle we have to deal with just to put this Mod together.

... I can promise you this much....
I have recently played an unfinished build of the demo, and I can safely say that it is worth the wait.

When you see the word 'soon', think instead, "As soon as they are possibly able to, they will release it."

This team is doing well, so exercise the virtue of patience, as good things come to those who wait.
 Katarn07
11-10-2002, 11:22 AM
Not impressed with speed over quality???

Then stop nagging them to release the demo!
 Temujin
11-12-2002, 5:00 PM
So boys, we gonna see the demo this weekend? In any case it'd be cool if the Kyle model was in the demo. I never read a clear answer on the technical reasons for only a skin. In one picture you did use the real model right? Anway, again I am looking forward to this weekend.
 ImmolatedYoda
11-12-2002, 5:11 PM
i remember The_One or Darth posted somewhere that once they finish the demo, theyre going into a week long closed beta test. this means that, unless theyre not going to announce when theyre finished, we most wont likely see it this weekend.
 Infinity Blade
11-12-2002, 5:13 PM
The reason the model won't be in the demo is simply that it isn't finished yet. Some UV mapping still needs to be tweaked, a few textures need to be finished up, then it needs a skeleton and to be debugged...

The skin was a last minute replacement so there would be something for Kyle in the demo. It was made from an earlier test skin, and will be replaced by the "Modelled Version" when it's done.
 Darth_Linux
11-13-2002, 12:05 PM
the tentative release date for the demo is:

drum roll please

November 27th . . . .

Happy Thanksgiving!
 xcountryman03
11-13-2002, 12:10 PM
and remember people, tenative.
 Temujin
11-15-2002, 4:54 PM
will you try to get the model in there? It'd be a great addition.:tie:
 Infinity Blade
11-15-2002, 5:41 PM
Most likely not. I've got alot of things to take care of without the model, and I don't know exactly how much time it will take yet.

It can be released later as an update to the demo, though. Actually, with the way we plan on having it, I could release it as a stand alone piece you could use for the regular JO game and the demo. Then also include it with the actual mod.......

But we'll figure all that out later. If I can get it done though, I'll see what can be done about getting it into the demo.

I highly doubt it, but we'll see.
Page: 1 of 1