Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The ORIGINAL DF demo

Page: 1 of 1
 ATMachine
11-05-2002, 9:46 PM
I have a later version of Dark Forces that came out with a preview of Jedi Knight.

However, this means that I am missing out on a very cool part of Dark Forces history, as the original CD had a special version of the DF demo with an extra cutscene.

I have a patch to make that "missing" cutscene from the DF demo show up in the final game. However, I don't have the file for the cutscene that was given out with that old demo!

I'm asking only for someone with that old version of Dark Forces to send me the GEARUP.LFD file from the demo directory (\LECDEMOS\DFDEMO\LFD) included on the CD.

I don't want files from the actual game; only the demo. I can prove I have the game by scanning pictures of my manual or something.

Edit: Email removed since I got the file.
 Monkey Mania
11-05-2002, 10:15 PM
You are in luck! I have uploaded it to my website!

Missing Cutscene (http://darkforces_shots.tripod.com/main/id2.html)

Enjoy this rare item!:fett:
 Katarn07
11-06-2002, 5:00 PM
What's this all about?! Is it the scene when Kyle is holstering his guns and stuff? I played the demo once from the CD I have. So I don't remember what it was of...
 ATMachine
11-06-2002, 9:26 PM
Thanks! I really wanted to get that, since I'm a DF freak. Is there anything else interesting in that demo that differs from the actual game?
 Monkey Mania
11-07-2002, 5:38 PM
Thats about it! Only that the cutscene happens between the mission log and the start of the level instead of between the opening cutscene and the DF logo.. They probally didn't include it because it wasn't important to the game.

The demo I got it from came with the fullversion of DarkForces that came in The Lucasarts Archive III. You can buy it from Lucasarts.com. Well, you don't need to now!

Oh, and YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
 ATMachine
11-07-2002, 9:42 PM
I don't usually go buying games twice for the demos. I may be a DF freak, but I have to save my money.

Odd that it looks like FMV...
The only other instance of that in the game I can think of is the appearance of Boba Fett just before Mission 6.

I guess static animations just wouldn't do in this instance.

BTW, is is just me, or does Kyle in that cutscene put on more gear than he has in the Jedi Knight FMV?
 Katarn07
11-08-2002, 5:01 PM
Way more...
And I think Crix Madine before level 6 and all holgrams in cutscenes are FMV.
 ATMachine
11-08-2002, 8:42 PM
Really? It's harder to tell there. I bow to your superior DF knowledge.

Still, where did all that gear go between DF and JK?
 Katarn07
11-08-2002, 10:17 PM
I had the demo on the old PC of mine that as at my sister's dorm now. I can't see what it loos like. I guess the actor did not want to run around lugging 30-50 lbs (I don't know what gear you're talking about) around. Also, the actor put his "leather" coat from DF on in cutscenes but they took it off all the time in gameplay and ending cutscenes. I talked a little to much about JK, but your question was about where his gear went. Mine is where his coat went!?
 ImmolatedYoda
11-08-2002, 10:42 PM
whats FMV?
 xcountryman03
11-09-2002, 3:20 AM
yoda, fmv means full motion video
Page: 1 of 1