Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Petition: New forum.

Page: 1 of 1
 The Truthful Liar
11-04-2002, 10:01 PM
As you all know Editing Central consists of mainly Mapping, Modelling, Skinning and Coding forums. After some time I've noticed that these forums are used for number of help questions and 'WIP's.

I suggest that iether a seperate forum group alike to the Editing Central with it's own sub divisions or a forum under Editing Central be opened up for "Showcasing" your work. With this the showcase forum will be able to sort through the different kinds of threads showing up everyday in the other forums.

I don't know how much attention this thread will get, however I'm serious in seeing this taken into account and perhaps something will happen.

Opinions welcome. :cool:
 Elijah
11-04-2002, 10:04 PM
Agreed

Signed
- ZDawg
 gorganfloss
11-04-2002, 10:06 PM
That sounds like a really good idea.
I would also have to agree.

*signs paper*
GF
 Sivy
11-04-2002, 10:11 PM
i think something has to be done about the WIP threads, they all seem to burst into flame. people can't seem to give their thoughts or constructive comments without everyone arguing and i think it puts people off.
 Wes Marrakesh
11-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Wes Marrakesh
*signs name with his cool rotring Core fountain pen*

:D
 The Truthful Liar
11-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Sivy B
i think something has to be done about the WIP threads, they all seem to burst into flame. people can't seem to give their thoughts or constructive comments without everyone arguing and i think it puts people off.

Exactly my point, this way these kinds of threads can be regulated more often.
 Acrylic
11-04-2002, 10:17 PM
I dunno what in the hell yall are talking about, but ill support jah! :D

*signs name*
-Ac ry licGu it ar

or to make it more realistic or simpler to read :D:
-AcrylicGuitar
 Elijah
11-04-2002, 10:19 PM
I was thinking about this same idea... i dont think they could make a better choice right now than to add a showcase forum... the only other good choice would be let Legion mod it :thumbsup:
 Sivy
11-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by AB_Legion

Exactly my point, this way these kinds of threads can be regulated more often.

well then you have my signature

Sivy B xx
 Jed
11-04-2002, 10:21 PM
I will sign my name large enough so the King will be able to....

Enuf with that crap.

http://nrgteam.com/zdawg/jsa.gif)

Or, in other words,

Jedi220.
 The Truthful Liar
11-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the support!! Hopefully some mods or admins will have a chance to read this and post their opinions as well.
 ZBomber
11-04-2002, 10:42 PM
*Signs*

ZBomber the Sith
 OnlyOneCanoli
11-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll bring it up in the Admin Private Forum.
 ZBomber
11-04-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll bring it up in the Admin Private Forum.

you guys get your own forum? no fair!:D
 Chewbacco
11-04-2002, 11:38 PM
pfft :disaprove

Oh what the hell! I change my mind, I agree
*signs paper really timidly*
:thumbsup:
 GonkH8er
11-04-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

you guys get your own forum? no fair!:D

Yeah, its good, and guys from raven drop by now and then too :)

I'll ICQ Zero or Kurgs about it. Sounds good to me. I'd love to see what u guys are coming up with, editing wise
 Elijah
11-04-2002, 11:41 PM
OOOOH, the admins are checking the idea out! i hope we get this forum... very usefull... I cant stress it enough.
 Guardian Omega
11-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Sign!!!

*Guardian Omega*
 acdcfanbill
11-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Well, no garuntees but it the first hurtles have been passed :D getting mod support :p
 Taos
11-05-2002, 12:42 AM
I think it is a great idea!!! :D

AB_Legion :thumbsup:
 Tyrion
11-05-2002, 12:50 AM
*signs petition*

Tyrion
 Yoda_623
11-05-2002, 2:04 AM
I think its a good idea too.

*Signs*:)
 Darth Groovy
11-05-2002, 2:10 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Let Legion mod it as well, he's paid his dues, it's his turn now. :)
 Tyrion
11-05-2002, 2:18 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Sounds like a great idea. Let Legion mod it as well, he's paid his dues, it's his turn now. :)

Oh sure let him be a mod! Just say to the world that trying and nagging a admin to become a mod helps!

:p
 TheWhiteRaider
11-05-2002, 2:26 AM
I am in.

TheWhiteRaider.
 Redwing
11-05-2002, 2:47 AM
*!* AB_Legion's not already a mod? Hmmm, I could have sworn...oh, whatever. :D

*signs, although the WIP topics/flames are rather interesting to read ;)*
 TheWhiteRaider
11-05-2002, 3:32 AM
I think we will need more than one mod for that area, but then of course Kman and ASK will most likely jump in. Though maby I could.

*Hits himself*

You dumby Radier that will sell like pork in a jewish market. :D
 Darth Groovy
11-05-2002, 3:43 AM
Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

You dumby Radier that will sell like pork in a jewish market. :D

It's a good thing it's not my decision. :disaprove
 SettingShadow
11-05-2002, 6:37 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me.

*signs petition*

-Eek Kyth
 leXX
11-05-2002, 6:50 AM
I think this is a great idea and a great opportunity to make AB_Legions dream of becoming a mod come true.

Let AB mod it!

*signs petition for new forum*
*signs petition to let AB mod it*
 Darth Groovy
11-05-2002, 6:52 AM
*Note to Admin* that's technically another vote for AB_Legion!:D

*Signs petition*
 ASk
11-05-2002, 7:46 AM
Someone called my name?
You little brats! You deserve to be... (err, I will think what you deserve to be)
Ahem..
In the meanwhile:
You dumby Radier that will sell like pork in a jewish market.

Be careful what you wish for. I know for sure that pork sells good in a jewish market...that's a first-hand info from an Israeli guy...mmm, I believe I even have some pork in my fridge, I will check later. But yes, only the religious people do not eat pork :)

As for the new forums, with no WIP's, current editing forums, except the Coding and Mapping forums (which are not overly active), will become empty....the mass of posts in Modeling and Skinning forums is from WIP's, each WIP getting anywhere from 200 to 2000 posts. There are almost no help topics in these forums.

Flaming, now that's another issue.... There always will be this "smart" guy that has to make another unnecessary "smart" comment about someone's else work (considering that this "smart" guy can't do anything by himself). This is the first post of the flame war...and it lead to numerous topics being closed.

There's another issue as well: off-topics. Each and every WIP thread has quite a bit of off-topic posts, which can be explained by the lack of every-day updates. This could be cured by careful observation and deletion/moving of all the off-topic posts, but several problems arise - which post to judge as off-topic, people will become angry, and last but not least - the sheer amount of work it requires. I know that some forums I visit, use another method: the WIP get submitted to the admin, he creates a thread for each and one of them with the description that the author gave and leaves it open for 20-30 posts, then locks (filtering the unnecessary "wow this is cool" posts during this time, leaving the topic with 30 useful criticism posts and comments). Again, this is quite a bit of work, but it could be done if required. It would require a bit more moderators per forum to monitor it 24/7 or close to that (that one alone had about 10, if not more)

As for the proposal of AB_Legion becoming a mod, I personally have no problem with that. I'm not too familiar with him to actively recommend him, but his posts have good content in them and show good knowledge of handling users.
Best of luck
Cheers
 Pad
11-05-2002, 9:38 AM
think thats a very good idea legion. and i think legion will do just fine as 1 of the mods of that section.

*signs petition*
 matt--
11-05-2002, 11:57 AM
2 things:
I made the forum, and this should go in feedback :mad:
 The Truthful Liar
11-05-2002, 12:40 PM
Thanks Matt. LOL, I know that it should go in feedback, however I figured that the swamp would be the best place to get most views. I see the showcase now, thanks again. :cool:
 TheWhiteRaider
11-05-2002, 3:56 PM
Be careful what you wish for. I know for sure that pork sells good in a jewish market...that's a first-hand info from an Israeli guy...mmm, I believe I even have some pork in my fridge, I will check later. But yes, only the religious people do not eat pork

In the U.S. jewish markets only sell food that has fulfilled the law of the Torah.

Anyways. To tell you the truth the place I would like to be a Mod in is the codeing forum. I am there everytime I log on and sometimes I see threads that should be locked stay there for 2-3 days. So if I did become a Mod that would be where I want to be put.
 t3rr0r
11-12-2002, 4:58 PM
methinks it would have been better to devide the old forums into sub forums (showcase and normal), instead of a new showcase forum with sub forums. :/
 acdcfanbill
11-13-2002, 3:01 AM
ohh, now you tell us!!! :p hehe, interesting idea tho...
Page: 1 of 1