Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

When is this game comming out?

Page: 1 of 1
 taekwondo joe
10-31-2002, 5:48 PM
i got dsl now, and am wondering when this thing is up for downloading, can yall help me out!!! cuz i the original dark forces is the bomb, and i woul dlove to play it with new graphics
 Darth_Linux
10-31-2002, 6:14 PM
demo - real soon
full game - next year . . .
 Katarn07
10-31-2002, 8:19 PM
Yep, I just got my new modem too. I took the opertunity to download some giant file sized levels for MotS (Boam, ToaM 1&2). I suggest you do the same to pass time you spend on the PC. I just recently downloaded one called Rebel Agent and it was a remake of level 1 of DF. New areas were fine by me (the labs and sickbay were super!) but they hacked up the original areas so much, I got lost! Please don't do this to the mod...

I am not saying you would, but new areas have no place in the original areas. A door here or there to access them won't be bad, but a whole new hall connecting to it and crates laying in the hall... Colored lights in areas its not supposed to be... I know you're staying true to the original, so save the JO goodies for new areas.
 Alex_P47
10-31-2002, 10:56 PM
we are staying fairly true to the original design.
most of the differences will be appearance only, architechtural changes and the such
 ImmolatedYoda
10-31-2002, 11:42 PM
i think it should be as close to the original as possible, i dont care much for extra rooms etc. easter eggs are cool though, just not another area.
 MilesTeg
11-01-2002, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I just recently downloaded one called Rebel Agent and it was a remake of level 1 of DF.

from the Rebel Agent Readme:

Base : New levels from scratch, it took around two-three years to make, in between my other
levels and real life.

I just started playing the map and it is awesome! You can really see how much effort this guy spent on the map (Iґm sure itґs very hard to map on the MotS engine)!

I will take a closer look at the architectual details and try to take some good ideas Iґll find to our secbase level.
 Alex_P47
11-01-2002, 2:01 PM
ITis extremely hard to map for JK/MOTS. so many things can go wrong in JED, the editor
dont think this guy knew you can open DF map files in JED.
woulda saved him 2-3 years! lol
 Katarn07
11-01-2002, 4:51 PM
You're saying JED is harder than Radiant?!

I made a MP map of a bar. Of course it was just a square room with some furniture and textures, its farther than I ever got with Radiant. I need to spend more time fiddling around with that thing. Maybe I can make my own maps. I already have a story I wanted to use for MotS...
 Alex_P47
11-01-2002, 5:40 PM
radiany is MUCH more user friendly.
an error in jed spells disaster. in radiant they are much easier to correct
Page: 1 of 1