Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Check out my comparsions page!

Page: 1 of 1
 Monkey Mania
10-27-2002, 11:32 PM
I made a website to compare the graphics of the Original Dark Forces to this mod. It is currently under contruction.

Dark Forces Comparsions (darkforces_shots.tripod.com)
 Darth_Linux
10-28-2002, 2:39 AM
Looks good . . . some ingame shots to compare with can be found around here on this forum . . .
 Monkey Mania
10-28-2002, 5:15 PM
Its hard to get screenshots from this game, know any good programs to take snapshots? The ones I have don't work with DOS programs.
 ImmolatedYoda
10-28-2002, 6:17 PM
yeah, i was wondering how you get screenies from DF. print screen, minimize, and paste and save in paint or something? or is there a button in the game and where do they go to?
 Darth_Linux
10-28-2002, 8:38 PM
Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda
yeah, i was wondering how you get screenies from DF. print screen, minimize, and paste and save in paint or something?

that is exactly how you have to do it . . .
 ImmolatedYoda
10-28-2002, 9:40 PM
oh well, cant hope for too much, it did come out in '95
 Monkey Mania
10-28-2002, 11:46 PM
I press Print Screen, minimize, but the print option won't appear in paint!
 Alex_P47
10-29-2002, 12:22 AM
*shudder* paint? ick
 Darth_Linux
10-29-2002, 11:33 AM
you neeed "edit paste" not "print"
 Alex_P47
10-29-2002, 2:43 PM
microsoft uses such illogical menus
 Monkey Mania
10-29-2002, 5:04 PM
oh did I say print? I meant paste! It still won't show up in paint or photoshop
 michael_collins
10-29-2002, 6:03 PM
tried to do something similar with a dvd monkey, wanted a decent shot of an f-14 outta top gun, it pasted into paint ok but it was really distorted, i figured copyright issues, anyone got any elaboration on this ?
 Kurgan
11-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Its been awhile, so forgive me if I'm off, but I seem to remember needing to press "shift" or "alt" with printscreen to take captures to the clipboard in Dark Forces for the purpose of taking screenshots.

In Photoshop, at least, you just create a new blank file, then select "paste" (or control V) and it will appear.

You can use "alt+tab" to switch out of the game of course, if you didn't already know that. ; )
 Alex_P47
11-04-2002, 1:55 PM
with the dvd capture i think most dvd player software on computers have a screenshot button
 The_One
11-04-2002, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Its been awhile, so forgive me if I'm off, but I seem to remember needing to press "shift" or "alt" with printscreen to take captures to the clipboard in Dark Forces for the purpose of taking screenshots.

In Photoshop, at least, you just create a new blank file, then select "paste" (or control V) and it will appear.

You can use "alt+tab" to switch out of the game of course, if you didn't already know that. ; )

From my recent experience, it would appear that using Windows 98 you can simply use "Print Screen" in Dark Forces to get a screen capture - then paste it into whatever program you wish. But with Windows XP, for some reason, "Print Screen" does not work at all. I have tried external capture programs such as HyperSnap, but even that does not work. I think that screen capture in Dark Forces using Windows XP is impossible - I just ask Darth_Linux if I ever need a reference shot.

Though, having said that, I may try Kurgan's method to see if that works...
 ImmolatedYoda
11-05-2002, 11:41 PM
i just looked at your comparison page again monkey and noticed the "old" PDA. thats interesting, a CFG and LOG button?? obviously older, and it has the Alliance symbol instead of that bird thing thats in the new one. funky
 Katarn07
11-06-2002, 5:03 PM
Hmmm....

Demo?
Page: 1 of 1