Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

demo out

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
10-14-2002, 3:18 PM
when will the demo be out. its like october. it said september. or october.
 ImmolatedYoda
10-14-2002, 8:08 PM
jedi outcast, i think you need to just let things as they are and wait. the team needs people, because of not enough people they can not progress as much as im sure they would like to. things that are short on work usually can not be completed on time. just sit tight
 Darth_Linux
10-15-2002, 3:41 PM
ya we said september when we had 5 artists going full time - we now have just one so things have screeched to a halt.

Hopefully the middle of November we can let it out - we are almost complete and then we'll do a weeks worth of internal testing and fixing and then we'll let it fly . . . hang in there.
 Katarn07
10-15-2002, 4:57 PM
Take your time. I want the demo to be really nice looking. I just hope I have it before Thanksgiving to show my cousin who introduced me to Dark Forces way back when. (Must have been 95 or 96. Later I got to play JK for the first time, but limited to level one because he had just gotten it)
Also, why is level one 70% done and level 13 is 80% done. Why not poor all of your efforts into level one for the demo to be released on time? Just curious as to how your editing scheduale is working.
 Omikron
10-21-2002, 4:45 AM
I'm guessing that its more complete because the mapper doing that level has gone at a faster rate than the mapper doing level 1.
Thats just guessing though.
 Darth_Linux
10-21-2002, 11:20 AM
at one point we had about 6 mappers going full bore, each on their own map. It's dropped off significantly with college starting so not much has happened other than Secret Base which is nearly complete geometry wise.
 Alex_P47
10-21-2002, 2:00 PM
lol,
technically *all* the maps geometry is done with my transfers from DF
 Darth_Linux
10-22-2002, 2:11 AM
if we can get them to compile cleanly then let's use them . . . do you want to do all the clean up Alex?
 Alex_P47
10-22-2002, 1:56 PM
The ones i have messed with have compiled correctly. Its just a matter of texturing what textures are still missing, fixing some brush oddities, and lighting. Dont feel like doing it all myself because of school right now. Though I encourage the other mappers to download the .maps off of the ftp and do with them what they can.
 The_One
10-22-2002, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by Alex_P47
The ones i have messed with have compiled correctly. Its just a matter of texturing what textures are still missing, fixing some brush oddities, and lighting. Dont feel like doing it all myself because of school right now. Though I encourage the other mappers to download the .maps off of the ftp and do with them what they can.

Yeah, then we have to do all the scripts, sounds etc.. and put in all the enemies. Then after that we have to expand on the current geometry and add all the extra things we want.

Will still be a big task for each map...
 Alex_P47
10-22-2002, 4:18 PM
not to mention water.. in df it was like only a texture.that moved and pulls you. and in df there are buttons that open doors when shot. are they in JO? I think I remeber them in one of the maps.
 JorBo
10-22-2002, 11:04 PM
I shouldn't be hard to make a shootable switch.
I for one would rather make my map from scratch than rework the DF ones.
 Alex_P47
10-23-2002, 2:06 PM
It all deends on which map you are talking about.
myn(robotics) is mostly outside, complicated moving floors, etc
I dont have the time or patience for that. So I strived to find an easier way... and found one.
JorBo - download the .map of the one you are working on and mess with it. If your textures are in the proper folders, most of them should show up also.
Page: 1 of 1