Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

stormtroopers and officers.

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-22-2002, 6:56 AM
are the stormtroopers and officers going to be the same as in jo or in dark forces.
 Darth_Linux
09-22-2002, 11:07 AM
in what way??? certainly not in looks . . .
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-22-2002, 1:15 PM
lol. i am on about are they going to be the same as in the game or not. i like jedi outcast stormtroopers and officers better. are they going to be in the mod or are they going to look like the ones in dark forces. ;)
 Darth_Linux
09-22-2002, 2:45 PM
we're using the existing stormies and officers just as they appear in JO.
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-22-2002, 3:01 PM
thanks.that has made me :) now.
 Alex_P47
09-22-2002, 11:22 PM
Are we doing anything about the actual # and position of enemies or should we have more or less?
 Darth_Linux
09-23-2002, 11:33 AM
I think we should start off having the same number using the exact positioning . . . I doubt it will be a problem unless we exceed the max_model limit, in that case we just spawn things into the map with triggers or use bmodels or something.
 Temujin
09-23-2002, 5:20 PM
I actually think you should consider making officer and stormtrooper life values the same as in DF. Like officers shoot straiter, but certaintly don't have more life in DF. Stormtroopers seemed to be more of a threat in DF, and officers not so scary. Outcast on the other hand had pain in the ass officers, especially the REALLY dark ones. They had lots of life and were difficult to take out with blasters at some points on the HARD difficult level.:bwing: :vsd:
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-23-2002, 5:25 PM
jo are better stick with them.:D
 Darth_Linux
09-23-2002, 7:05 PM
I think the dudes with armor (stormies) ought to be tougher to kill than the unarmored guys, but stormies are slower and stupider. so maybe two shots to kill an officer but you need to be fast and have good aim. maybe 4 shots to kill a stormie since they are tougher, but since they just stand there like idiots it shouldn't be too tough.
 ImmolatedYoda
09-24-2002, 1:02 AM
please, PLEASE tell me that you arent going to implement the ANNOYING tendency of DF to spawn stormies in places that youve already been? i played it again this summer and it reminded me of how STUPID that was! like on Fest or whatever, there was a group of say 4 stormies and an officer. so, first time around, you gun em all down. now, lets say you need to go back there later to open a locked door. THERES A STORMIE THERE BUMBLING AROUND!! it always made me go WTF!?! (ok sorry for the rant, i just had to)

P.S. nice avatar Timmay
 TIMMAY
09-24-2002, 3:50 AM
Im in agreement with Dark Linux about the health and intelligence of Stormtroopers and Officers and I have 1 thing to add. In regards with the Officers what about making their first thoughts when they see you is to get behind some cover or run to some stormies.

P.S ImmolatedYoda : Thanks. I have a better one now :D
 Alex_P47
09-24-2002, 2:14 PM
I am actually not sure how to implement a character respawn in a level in radiant. Ill have to find out... or should i not?
 TIMMAY
09-24-2002, 6:51 PM
I think you should use your judgement whether or not to make them respawn but make sure that its only stormies respawing, the empire doesn't have a near unlimited supply of officers/commandos :p
 Alex_P47
09-24-2002, 9:46 PM
I dont think Ive ever actually seen respawning in the quake 3 engine at all. confirmation from anyone?
 Darth_Linux
09-25-2002, 1:00 PM
even on kejim post after you enter the 3 imperial codes and you head back towards the surface the room you had cleared out earlier is now populated with stormies again, so it isn't a respawn but a trigger spawn
 Alex_P47
09-25-2002, 1:45 PM
I see what you mean..
I remeber that part of the map now. we can always have troops behind locked doors that open when you return after doing something
Page: 1 of 1