Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

cheats.

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-17-2002, 1:40 AM
can we still have setforceall 3 in this mod.
 Infinity Blade
09-17-2002, 10:29 AM
I don't know if they can disable it, but even so.....

If you intend to cheat, might as well let you cheat how you want.

At least that's my point of view.
 Alex_P47
09-22-2002, 11:35 PM
You may be hitting your head a lot - I personally may map parts of my lvl with low sky if you know what I mean.
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-23-2002, 1:42 AM
still going to cheat anyway.
 Darth_Linux
09-23-2002, 11:26 AM
we now have the source code, so it's very likely that force powers will not even exist, therefore, there is no way to cheat in this fashion
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-23-2002, 1:15 PM
sent a email to lucasarts they say if you take out the cheat codes it will make the game crash. plus they said you need the console window to play game.
 Darth_Linux
09-23-2002, 3:06 PM
that doesn't mean you can cheat by summoning a game feature that doesn't exist . . .
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-23-2002, 3:20 PM
can we still have the lightsaber and force.( because people want to have force.) and god and notarget.
 Darth_Linux
09-23-2002, 7:11 PM
remember we are trying to make the game like the original - Kyle didn't have a lightsaber or force powers at this point in his life . . . .
 ImmolatedYoda
09-24-2002, 1:12 AM
well, i would see it all as a matter of difficulty. if it is really easy to take out these things (lightsaber, force powers), then if the team wants to then they will. (personally i would like a lightsaber and stuff, more dismemberment action ;) ) if it means that the team has to like recode it or something i doubt it will be done
 TIMMAY
09-24-2002, 3:51 AM
I think the team should focus on getting the mod done without Force powers, lightsabers, making it true to Dark Forces, and then if they feel like it add them into the game.
 Eklin
09-24-2002, 5:12 AM
Awe damn. I was thinking this would be a JK: DF2 mod. I've never even HEARD of just Dark Forces.
What would be the point in that game? First person star wars action without the Force and Lightsabers? Bah!

Well, if you ever decide to make a JK: DF2 mod, let me know.
 Darth_Linux
09-24-2002, 1:26 PM
bah nothing, Dark Forces rocks . . . 8^P

Here's the link to the team that is doing Jedi Knight . . . http://www16.brinkster.com/primesghost/)
 Alex_P47
09-24-2002, 2:11 PM
Yes - Darkforces was my 1st star wars game.
I agree that JK and JO are cool but they just dont feel the same as when I was playing DF for the 1st time.
 TIMMAY
09-24-2002, 6:55 PM
Dark Forces wasn't my 1st StarWars Game, but I agree with Alex about JK and JO just not feeling the same. Plus somehow DF spooked me at times when a enemy would show up around a corner right in my face. I liked that :D
 Alex_P47
09-24-2002, 9:44 PM
exactly TIMMAY - the newer games cut into FMVs so often now that nothing in game truly jumps out at you anymore(this is why I like resident evil games). Ill hope the Dark troopers 1st appearance just jump out at the player.
 TIMMAY
09-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Talking about Dark Troopers and Scary on the Ice Level when you go thru what i think are air ducts and all you can hear is the Phase 1 DarkTrooper walking around, that was good, and then when he showed up in your face :D
 Alex_P47
09-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Yeah - Im working on Robotics(ice lvl)
we will have to let the trooper make some noise before hes visible runing at you.
 TIMMAY
09-25-2002, 1:39 AM
yeh, if its not possible to make the actual trooper make the sound what about a background sound that is started when the player reaches point x ?
 Alex_P47
09-25-2002, 1:53 PM
Yes that also is possible (music queing into the trooper but we prob. will want both) Though they will make the sounds much like a stormtrooper says something when he spots you.
 The Count
09-25-2002, 5:34 PM
I think if it is possible the team should A. Make the lightsabre and force powers available after you have completed the original game B. Release a small add on after the game is made where you can use force powers and a lightsabre.
 Darth_Linux
09-25-2002, 6:14 PM
maybe we can make a seperate menu option or something that allows you to choose which game style you want to play. It might take two sets of maps/map scripts though to make it work correct, which sounds problematic at first . . . I'll keep it on the back burner.
 Antizac
09-26-2002, 4:42 AM
Listen, guys.

We can't promise anything more than a Dark Forces Mod or this thing is never going to get beyond a beta release. Let's concentrate on the primary goal of releaseing the DF mod by Fall 2003, and if we finish early, then we can try to add other things.

Believe me, I've seen too many TCs/Mods/projects get flushed down the toilet because nobody would just stick to the primary goal. Instead they'd be off trying to add other things that were really not needed at all...

People are just gonna have to wait and see what we come out with. If it's just the DF mod and the 14 levels, than that's much better than anyone else has done. I think people will be happy for the way it is, rather than being disappointed by the fact that there's no "extra features" to it.

So that's my two cents, there. Hope I wasn't out of line.:)

Anyone else agree?
 Alex_P47
09-26-2002, 1:42 PM
Yes- I agree
stick to the basics then MAYBE release extra stuff later
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-26-2002, 2:30 PM
i think the force and lightsaber should be still in the cheats has a option for you to have. who give a stuff what the mod makers think. they need to know what the people want. 99 out of a 100 say they want saber and force still in dark force mod. all people are saying is KEEP THEM IN.:mad:
 Alex_P47
09-26-2002, 4:17 PM
maybe as a reward for beating the game on on different settings releases different cheats - sabers, force,etc
 ImmolatedYoda
09-26-2002, 4:20 PM
jedi outcast, just let the team do what they want to, dont pester them. read antizacs post.
 The Count
09-26-2002, 6:41 PM
Aslong as I get to take on those Dark Troopers with my beloved Dark Trooper gun I don't care about Lightsabres or Force Powers remember it's called Dark Forces not Jedi Knight if you want Force Powers go play Outcast or DF 2 again
 Rad Blackrose
09-26-2002, 7:13 PM
Jedi Outcast, take a hint for once.

I, for one, say screw the lightsaber and force. This is Dark Forces. This is when Kyle was a straightforward merc, and didn't know squat about the Force. He knows absolutely nothing of the sort about his father dying nor about Jerec killing him yet.

That means:

1.) NO LIGHTSABER

2.) NO FORCE

Just straight forwards shooting fest. I would rather take back the old Dark Forces weapons then this new stuff in Jedi Outcast. Bring me back my Concussion Launcher, my D. Trooper Assault Cannon, and my Fusion Cutter. I want this TC to be as faithful to the origional as possible, and seeing force/lightsabers is as far as faithful as you can get.
 Skovdaddy
09-26-2002, 7:42 PM
Will you be able to cheat to get the lightsaber and force powers in the Secret Base demo?
 Darth_Linux
09-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST
who give a stuff what the mod makers think. they need to know what the people want.

this isn't the MOD you are looking for . . . you can go about your business . . . move along . . .
 Darth_Linux
09-27-2002, 11:43 AM
you *may* be able to cheat in the demo since the code is straight from JO in every way. still it's pretty pointless because it's such a small and easy map . .
 The Count
09-27-2002, 11:47 AM
Also JEDI OUTCAST if you don't like the Dark Forces Mod without Force Powers or a Lightsaber stop moaning about it, the solution is simple don't download it no one is forcing you to download it also no one is forcing Darth Linux and his team to make it so be greatful for what you'te getting you annoying brat.
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-27-2002, 1:34 PM
sorry all i just had a bad day. i dont care about lightsaber or force powers just can not wait for the mod to come out.:D
Page: 1 of 1