Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Project Duality

Page: 3 of 3
 Quotation
11-22-2002, 3:35 AM
*Cough* Choke *Cough*
 Shadriss
11-26-2002, 10:38 PM
And we still INCH closer and closer....

You realize that when you release this, I'm holding you to the promise of the .map file to mess with rtight? I did a v2 for DOTF, and I may do a v2 for this map, if I think I can help it out... :) I'm sure what you guys do will be great... And I look forward to it IMMENSLEY.
 Andy867
11-26-2002, 10:44 PM
Yes, the .map file will be available to select few at the beginning, but available to all after a week of the official release. That should give time for the select few to poke around inside, and see what can be done, if anything. By the way, I downloaded V2 of DOTF, very nicely done. Of course it probably also helps that my computer was recently upgraded from the 900 Mhz when I first tested LDJ's, and I was also only using a Radeon 7200. where as of now, I am using a GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB card, hence the higher FPS.
 Andy867
11-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Hey Everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are still releasing the Duel version of Project: Duality tomorrow and are still looking at a x-mas release of the entire thing. If Shadriss could leave his email in a PM, I will get that .map file over to ya, and a handful of a select few.
 Shadriss
11-28-2002, 11:30 AM
Shadriss@hotmail.com

Not like I've ever kept it a secret! :)
 volrathxp
11-28-2002, 11:37 AM
I have sent the finished duel version to Andy (w/ botroutes) so look for it soon! :D
 Manquesa
11-28-2002, 2:02 PM
Sith Terminator Status:

Model - 98%
Textures - 0%
Poly Count - 4,497

http://www.manquesa.com/st_1.jpg)

http://www.manquesa.com/st_2.jpg)

http://www.manquesa.com/st_3.jpg)

I'm not too happy with the way the strut like parts between the ****pit and the wings turned out, just can't seem to get them to look right. I guess I just gotta make a few more little adjustments to the model and then make the textures and that's it unless anyone has any suggestions on what should be changed or fixed on the model.
 volrathxp
11-28-2002, 2:16 PM
nice job manquesa! :)
 Andy867
11-29-2002, 3:21 AM
Well, there are 2 options. I can post the version I have before the botroutes, OR the release can wait till tomorrow, W/ botroutes implemented.

You're call guys

for those who want it now, you can get it from

http://66.28.242.247/jediknight2/jediknight2/maps/duel/duel_duality.zip)

But for those who wants bots, you can wait till tomorrow and I can get the bot routes into the pk3.
 Shadriss
11-29-2002, 9:22 AM
Andy and the gang - I have to give you credit for a good rendition of the arena. It looks fairly good... But, well, me being who I am (picky!), I see a few things that I'd have done differently. I guess that's why the map file is being released, eh?

My biggest thing though is that the scale is WAY to big. That arena is FAR larger than dipicted in the movie. But, as I said, I'm picky. The room itself is about right - it SHOULD be huge. But the PLATFORM is too big. And too high, I think, also. But...

I guess I'll have another project when this map file is released... I look forward to seeing the entire project completed. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT rendition... I just feel that it's a tad bit big for it.

Good texturing though. Hope to see the full thing soon.
 volrathxp
11-29-2002, 11:17 AM
for the full version andy, i need to add a switch so you can activate the lift.

oh and um.... my pc now won't boot (drive's clickin like a mofo) so i need to get that fixed and see if i can recover everything. :mad:
 Andy867
11-29-2002, 2:27 PM
Its because of constructive feedback like that Shadriss that it is being released. With other people being able to work on it, they will be able to add their own, but for those who are working on it, please leave credit in future readme.txt files for those who made this map possible.. XlR8 for the great main arena and outside platform(when released), VolrathXP for the amazing hallway, and manquesa when he finishes the final touches on the halt droid (for sp), and the sith terminator for the outside platform. By the way Shadriss, you might want to check your email.
 volrathxp
11-29-2002, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
Its because of constructive feedback like that Shadriss that it is being released. With other people being able to work on it, they will be able to add their own, but for those who are working on it, please leave credit in future readme.txt files for those who made this map possible.. XlR8 for the great main arena and outside platform(when released), VolrathXP for the amazing hallway, and manquesa when he finishes the final touches on the halt droid (for sp), and the sith terminator for the outside platform. By the way Shadriss, you might want to check your email.

rock on. :D
 volrathxp
11-30-2002, 12:27 PM
managed to recover everything from the drive and I should have a new one on the way! :D

in case anyone cares :)
 Shadriss
11-30-2002, 6:06 PM
As Luke said in ANH : "*I* care!"
 Andy867
11-30-2002, 7:29 PM
We all care VolrathXP:D we want to always know that computers are working for us:) :D
 volrathxp
12-01-2002, 12:45 PM
 Andy867
12-01-2002, 6:02 PM
Yea, I figured for the mean-time, I could get the file posted until I get back later tonight so that I can re-do the map with the bot routes. That way the file is at least out in the open. :D
 volrathxp
12-16-2002, 4:55 PM
i'm ready to help out with the full ffa version whenever you guys are. talk at me on aim andy! :p
 Andy867
12-16-2002, 11:30 PM
Well, hopefully I will get word from XLR8 on when to expect the outside platform, and hopefully Manquesa can shoot the models over to you or James to implement into the map:) Can't believe X-Mas is almost here, but hopefully with time and hard work, we can get it out still as a xmas present to the community. :D
 Andy867
12-24-2002, 12:02 AM
**UPDATE**

Unforunately, we will not be able to make our x-mas deadline, HOWEVER, we will still try to get the FFA and updated Duel version of the Map out as soon as possible.
 volrathxp
12-24-2002, 10:55 AM
i have the models...i guess i'll look at em and try my hardest to export them... :)
 Manquesa
01-01-2003, 4:32 PM
The models (the Sith Terminator and Halt Droid) need to be skinned and exported into .md3 format from gmax. I'm not very good at making textures so all the textures and shader's need to be made from scratch. I sent the models to VolrathXP and he's trying to do what he can with them but he's a busy man with a lot he's already working on and more of a mapper anyway.

If there's anyone out there, preferably an experienced modeler who can help out with this, it'd be hugely appreciated. Just email me or VolrathXP to get the models sent to you in gmax format.

Oh, the models, mainly the Sith Terminator may need to be touched up a little as well, that'll be up to you though.

Thanks
Page: 3 of 3