Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Academy Wars: Episode 1 "Dark Academy Rising" Official Battle Thread

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Groovy
07-20-2002, 1:33 PM
Today I read the most unsettling thing. It seems A former member of the Lucasforums Academy has formed his own alliance of pure evil. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70368) Our leader and founder Obi-Wan 13 has declared war against this rebellion. This is a most difficult time especially for me being a Sith. I am sworn to the Lucasforums Academy and shall fight along side my Master Yoda_623 in a battle to the death. We shall not be defeated, yet I weep for those who have fallen to honor what they hold so dear. After reading some of the comments made by others who wear the name "Darth" I am ashamed to share that name amoung these others. I know I will be considered a traitor to my own kind....but my double saber belongs to the Academy, I shall defend what I hold true. We shall not perish! .........At last we shall have revenge!:dsaber: .......Begun this Academy War has!
 obi
07-20-2002, 1:38 PM
On to Victory! We must come together, all of us! Dark side or light, This turn of events is unfortunate! Admiral Darklighter, when you recive this transmission, act very quickly: [begin transmission] Gather workers, and build Defense Turrets, within 20 feet of each other, and a line of anti-air craft turrets behind them! I want nothing to get through!!!!!!!!! [End transmission]
 Shadow Angel
07-20-2002, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13 I want nothing to get through!!!!!!!!! [End transmission] Nothing to get through, eh? It is too late. There is already a traitor amongst your ranks. Your infrastructure is withering as we speak. You will cower before the name of the Sith. At last, we will have our REVENGE!
 obi
07-20-2002, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Angel At last, we will have our REVENGE! What did we do to you? :confused: I thought we could live in harmony together, But the recent Rebellion has proven me wrong. Now, we must fight eachother. See you on the battle field. *used by REB Starblazer* May the force be with you, because victory will not.
 Shadow Angel
07-20-2002, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13 What did we do to you? Beats me....... just feel like rousing a few feathers here. Know why? Because I'm evil! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
 obi
07-20-2002, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Angel Beats me....... just feel like rousing a few feathers here. Know why? Because I'm evil! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! oh. That explains it. :D Well, seing how my troops and back-up, and your troops and back have not yet arrived, care for a game of Yazzi? :D (looks like we're going to have to delay this war for a while:) )
 Zindell
07-20-2002, 2:22 PM
Oh well I am neutral for this battle. That goes without saying.
 Darth Groovy
07-20-2002, 2:30 PM
Zindell......I'm gonna let that one slide because you are an ambassador diplomat type...we're all in the same gang here. Shadow Angel. Am I the traitor you are refering too? Had the Sith Academy been born sooner.....I may have had a different allegiance, but these Jedi Took me under they're wings despite my evil past, and I shall defend their honor. Traitor? I can live with that.......how long can you live with this?-----> :dsaber: War is Hell. "Long Live The Academy......Hooooooorahhh!!!!!!" _Darth Groovy
 Zindell
07-20-2002, 2:33 PM
hehe, I'm a keeper of the peace, not a soldier. Gee that sounds vaguely familiar. wonder where i heard it.
 Darth Groovy
07-20-2002, 2:42 PM
Master Obi Wan 13, please we need a name for the infantry soon, reply here:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70410) It's all good Zindell, after all someone needs to plead our case to the senate. General Obi wan is only defending his Academy from the forces of evil. Also someone needs to requisition us some Repeater Guns(that's my JO gun baby!!! When I use guns!!!) and as many disruptor rifles as we can get our hands on for our swat unit.
 Shadow Angel
07-20-2002, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy Zindell......I'm gonna let that one slide because you are an ambassador diplomat type...we're all in the same gang here. Shadow Angel. Am I the traitor you are refering too? Had the Sith Academy been born sooner.....I may have had a different allegiance, but these Jedi Took me under they're wings despite my evil past, and I shall defend their honor. Traitor? I can live with that.......how long can you live with this?-----> :dsaber: War is Hell. "Long Live The Academy......Hooooooorahhh!!!!!!" _Darth Groovy No, I have no affiliation with you (you're cool, though.) However, I can't let you in on my plans, lest everything be ruined. And Obi-Wan13, I won't be able to summon my forces until I counsel with my Master (Divine Spirit.) And that'll probably be tomorrow. And then, we will BATTLE! Now, to dust off my bent lightsaber... is there a bent Dooku-style saber smiley?
 Kstar__2
07-20-2002, 7:28 PM
master greedo626, can i fight alongside you?
 Darklighter
07-20-2002, 7:44 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13 On to Victory! We must come together, all of us! Dark side or light, This turn of events is unfortunate! Admiral Darklighter, when you recive this transmission, act very quickly: [begin transmission] Gather workers, and build Defense Turrets, within 20 feet of each other, and a line of anti-air craft turrets behind them! I want nothing to get through!!!!!!!!! [End transmission] Sorry...I've been kind of sleeeping on duty...but no, I am fully awake:mad: and ready for conflict... This is it! I will rally the principal staff and wrorkers along the first line of defences...Jedi Masters, you will take your apprentices and position behind the turrets. This will be their first taste of combat, show them well!:D Dissectional will lead the remainder of the soldiers in the speeders. This is it, make sure you're ready for them...:)
 Dath Maximus
07-20-2002, 8:07 PM
Its time the groundskeeper prepares for battle. obi I shall be your general. I shall go get my troops imediately
 Darth Knight
07-20-2002, 9:37 PM
i am ready for battle
 obi
07-20-2002, 9:54 PM
Obi-wan13 Stood in his office at the top of the Academy. He was standing by the window, watching The teachers work with their Padawans, teaching them Saber Techniques and more. Over to the far right, Whitedragon was conducting a double-edged Lightsaber class. He looked to the north, at the mountins, and then back to his students, then to the workers working around the clock to get station defenses online. That ruined the beautiful sight. "This could have all been avoided......this war........Divine Spirit took a huge chance at defecting to the sith order, and slipped away without us knowing. Now, He has an army, and that is very dangerous. He must be stopped." Obi-wan13 turned around to talk to who was in the room. "He did catch us off guard, sir." Admiral Darklighter said. "I know. There was nothing we could have done to prevent this. Let us not grieve on the situation, my freind. That will get us no where. The deed has been done, and the past is past." Obi-wan13 said, as he turned to stare out of the window again. There was a loud shot. It came from out of nothingness, and just appeared out of thin air. A small metallic object shot through the window, and hit Obi-wan13. "I'm hit!"Obi13 shouted. Dark lighter ran up to obi-wan13, and looked at his chest to find a small toxic dart. Obi-wan13's facial expressions began to fade, and his eyes closed. Dark lighter picked him up, and ran to the medical quarters. The on-duty Doctor gave him immidiate care, and saved his life. 2 days later........ "how are you feeling?" Darklighter asked. "I am fine. Thank you for saving me. I hope I have the pleasure of doing the same for you one day." Obi13 said. "You have, on several occasions, sir. I just thout I was returning the favor." Darklighter said, and then the two let out a chuckle, and calmed back down to seriousness. "Have you found who has done this?" Obi13 asked. "Captain Tyrion and his men found a disabled droid in the high mountins. It had Luacious Poison inside of it. There is no doubt that it is the one who fired, and there is no doubt that it came from Divine Spirit. We must be cautious, sir. These are dangerous times." Darklighter said. "Untill I recover, admiral, you are in charge." Obi13 said. "Rest and return to health, General." Darklighter said, as he bowed to his master and exited. Obi13 looked at the numerous tubes running through his arms, and at his hospital bed, and sighed. "This is just the begining." he said to himself.
 Tyrion
07-20-2002, 9:54 PM
:tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: Look at my huge army* Locked and loaded... *Each tank represents 1 trillion tanks. You wont believe how many fodder troops I have..... I say we use stealth against them,I have a plan.I'll PM anybody who wants to know it.
 Divine Spirit
07-20-2002, 9:56 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13 What did we do to you? :confused: I thought we could live in harmony together, But the recent Rebellion has proven me wrong :emperor: Typical of the lieing scumbags in the pitiful Jedi Academy! It is you that first declared war in the Sith Academy thread! he he hee, a Jedi promotiong violent actions against non violent people...what a truley corrupt "Academy" you have!
 Tyrion
07-20-2002, 9:59 PM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit :emperor: Typical of the lieing scumbags in the pitiful Jedi Academy! It is you that first declared war in the Sith Academy thread! he he hee, a Jedi promotiong violent actions against non violent people...what a truley corrupt "Academy" you have! Have you ever seen a nice acadamy that had the words"Dark,Sith,Dark lord,and sith lord"? :D
 obi
07-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit :emperor: Typical of the lieing scumbags in the pitiful Jedi Academy! It is you that first declared war in the Sith Academy thread! he he hee, a Jedi promotiong violent actions against non violent people...what a truley corrupt "Academy" you have! actually, you called us panzies. Jedi don't like it when you call um Panzies. :D
 Divine Spirit
07-20-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13 actually, you called us panzies. Jedi don't like it when you call um Panzies. :D Dont like it do you? What are you going to do about it then? Originally posted by Tyrion Have you ever seen a nice acadamy that had the words"Dark,Sith,Dark lord,and sith lord"? I never said we were nice, i was just saying we hadnt done anything bad........yet! :D
 obi
07-20-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit What are you going to do about it then? as much as one can do over the internet. :D Seriously though, let's do an RP. I've started. If you have any story tellin skills, go for it Divine Spirit. Tell your side. :)
 Yoda_623
07-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: :tank1: Look at my huge army* Locked and loaded... *Each tank represents 1 trillion tanks. You wont believe how many fodder troops I have..... I say we use stealth against them,I have a plan.I'll PM anybody who wants to know it. I would like to know this plan. :D
 Divine Spirit
07-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Divine Spirit sat in his throne room, gazing out at the evening sky. A soft beep came from a speaker on the armrest of his throne and the door to his chamber opened. Shadow Angel strode into the room. A tall, strong soldier who's menacing appearance was only enhanced by the dimly lit interior. He strode up to Divine Spirit's throne and knelt in front of him. "Rise, my friend" commanded Divine Spirit. "I told you to remain on the command ship." "A small Jedi force has penetrated the shield and landed the planet's surface" replied Shadow Angel. "Yes I know" commented Divine Spirit. "What is thy bidding, me Master?" asked Shadow Angel "It is of no concern. Soon the invasion will be crushed! Your work here is finished, my friend. Go out to the command ship and await my orders" said Divine Spirit. "Darth Kaan is already onboard a Star Destroyer heading for the location of the invaders" "But Master, what if they manage to get into your warehouse and steal the plans?" inquired Shadow Angel "Patience, my friend. Darth Kaan will take care of them. The secret plans are safe and soon the craft will be operational" "As you wish my Master" Shadow Angel bowed and exited the room. "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen" Divine Spirit said to himself as he turned around to face the viewscreen once again.
 Divine Spirit
07-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13 Seriously though, let's do an RP. I've started. If you have any story tellin skills, go for it Divine Spirit. Tell your side. :) English isnt my best subject but ive given it my best shot! :D Next time ill mention the poisonous dart event :)
 Darklighter
07-20-2002, 11:00 PM
A few days after the dramatic attack that had injured the General, Sir Obi-wan was back on his feet, his wound now covered, diguised by his robes in typical Jedi uniform. However, although there was little visible trace of dart's strike, the poison had spread through his body, weakening one leg, as he now had a small limp in his reight leg. Most of the poison had now receded, and soon he would be back to full health. Obi-wan now descended the lift from the council room. It judered and shook as it finally slowed to a halt, and the doors opened suddenly. The light of the sun gleamed into his eye, and he raised his hand to block the glare of the light rays upon his face. It was hot, and the green of the surrounding lawn glowed with magnificance. He looked to his left at the great building of the Academy, standing tall among the trees to the side of it. Maximus and his padawan were stationed on the grass, upon a higher point as the young jedi trainees sat, watching their every move as they went through basic lightsaber techniques: blocks, attacks and different defensive movements. "You're back" came a voice from behind a tall tree next to the lift. A uniformed figure stepped into view from amidst the bright yellow gleam of the sun. "You have been meditating on this situation for a long time. Is everything okay Sir?" Admiral Darklighter walked up beside him and Obi-wan turned to face him. "No" he replied sullenly. "Not after all this Academy has been through." He began to walk off towards the lake, the Admiral ermaining by his side. There was a long silence before he spoke again. "This has happened to a student under my care. It is my responsibility. I cannot help feeling guilty for the path Divine has taken." "There wasn't anything you could have done" the Admiral responded quickly and reasuringly. "No one could have foreseen this. The dark side..." "...clouds everything" Obi-wan interrupted, finishing his sentance. They both smiled. "I know". "He could strike again at any time" Darklighter suggested. "Like you said, It is not over..." At that point, there was an explosion far off byond the lake, right before the mountains. The snow at the base errupted in a fountain of white dust, and the Admiral and General jumped back, drawing their lightsabers at the harsh sound. The alarm bell rung, and the Academy was filled with noise of shouts and screams. The children padawan's ran to the safety of the caretaker, and squdron pilots were running, sprinting to the hanger bay. The two could only stand and watch with horror. "No going back Sir" Darklighter exclaimed. "No. Lets go!" To be continued...
 Darth Knight
07-20-2002, 11:01 PM
ha ha this is cool
 HellFyre69
07-20-2002, 11:38 PM
lol.. finally sumthing interesting and funny to read =)
 Darklighter
07-20-2002, 11:40 PM
The hanger bay doors were wide open, and the pilot-uniformed Academy personel were running to and from the stations around the hanger, gathering equipment and gear and preparing for battle. The General and the Admiral run towards the hanger. Immediately as they entered Reb came to face them, exhausted and gasping for breath. "What is wrong?! What is happening" Obi-wan's voice was deep, laden with foreboding anger. "I think you should come see for yourself sir" he replied. "You go Sir, I'll rally the ground forces" as he said this Darklighter was gone among the fighters and pilots. To the right of the hanger from where they had entered was a small cylindrical lift, leading towards the roof of the building. Both Reb and Obi-wan entered it, and the doors rolled shut. It took them only a couple of seconds to reach the top. There was a number of small platforms, connected by steps and a watchman stationed at the very top. Reb called up. "Report!" The man looked up from his binoculars and faced them. "It doesn't look good sir" yelled Camus among the gunfire in the distance. Reb and Obi-wan ran up, and Obi-wan grabbed the binoluars and stared in horror at what he saw. There must have been about four, maybe five AT-ATs advancing from the mountain region, surrounded by half a dozen chicken walkers. They were coming at alarming speed, and behind a couple of hundred meters, a long thin line of dark clothed figures could be seen. Obi-wan said nothing, only lowered his binocluars and looked into empty space. "What do we do now, Sir?!" The voice behing Camus was greatly desperate, shrouded in fear. It was sOulblihtr, his first battle and he was nervous and his voice cold. "Get ready. sOulblihtr go to Admiral Darklighter and give him the order to advance. Tyrion will carry the ground force. Now go!" with that he disappeared towards the lift and was gone. "It will be okay" Obi-wan reassured Reb. "The worst will come another time. I can feel it". They looked out towards the troops of the opposing side. "Divine will not come...he is too afraid...I can feel it. We will meet again." Darklighter was far beyond the opening of the hanger. He had descended the stairs, and Tyrion was readying his men, giving out orders in a loud and clear voice. He was one of the youngest soldiers in cmmand, and yet one of the most proffesional. "You will go after the speeders have carried out their first three waves of attack" Darklighter yelled at him, "by then at least three of the walkers should be down. "How many are there?" He was confident and ready to take on the enemy. "I have not had word yet. There will be at least three, and more AT-STs." "Right" Tyrion nodded. sOulblihtr had been listening behind them, and interrupted with the news. "There are four, maybe five." "I am counting on you Captain" Darklighter exclaimed. "You don't need to worry" he said with a smile. "Tell the Master I want a payed vacation after this" Tyrion joked, and turned away to his troops. Dissectional was now in the center of a large circle of pilots and gunners, awaiting his orders. "You will pair up into a pilot and gunner team for each speeder" he instructed. "Your main objective is to take down those AT-ATs. Leave the chicken walkers for the turrets. "Why the AT-ATs?" questioned Darth Knight. "The AT-STs will arrived at the base quicker." Whitedragon interrupted before the Squad Commander could answer, "The AT-ATs do more damage. The closer they get, the more dangerous they are. They must be taken out first." Dissectional looked both shocked and angry, "Very good Ensign, perfectly right, but next time, speak when you are spoken to! Gather your men everyone, and proceed to your stations." On that note, they dispersed into their vehicles. They waited, ready for the signal to attack... To be continued...
 Darth Knight
07-20-2002, 11:52 PM
yes finally i get to kill some at ats in my speeder who hoo!
 Divine Spirit
07-20-2002, 11:52 PM
A siren rang throughout the hanger bay as the Imperial Shuttle rested onto its landing platform. A squad of twenty clones ran up to the front of the ship and arranged themselves into two parrallel lines. As the siren died out, the echo was lost in the sound of a hiss and then the noise of the departure ramp lowered intself from the shuttle. Divine Spirit strode from the ship with a less then pleased look on his face. The first assasination attempt on obi-wan13's life had not gone well. Even though he had just arrived back home he had already got news of obi-wan13's recovery. Darth Talliusc promptly walked beside Divine Spirit as they left the Hanger Bay. Talliusc was an apprentice now, had only been under the training of Divine Spirit for one day and was making good progress. Divine knew that one day Talliusc would become the first Sith Master of the Sith Academy. The Hanger bay door slide shut and the sound of boots on refreshly polished floor came into the range of Divine's Hearing. "Income is up by 0.8%, production of clones is up to schedule, costs are up by 0.35% and --" Divine waved his hand and silenced the officer who had recently joined his company. "That news is not important to me. How is the production of the new fleet coming along?" "Well.....er......im afraid....my Master... we are behind schedule by 2 weeks. I am sorry but since the accident in the trials we--" "You have failed me for the last time" Divine told the officer. The Emperor's hand lifted into the air and the officer started to clutch his throat. After a few seconds the body of the officer lay in a heap, to the side of the corridor. "Apology accepted" Divine and Kaan continued down the corrider and after a few minutes, Kaan gulped and said "My Master....I have another plan" "Yes?" "I believe that my undercover agent on Coruscant has found a security fault in the area surrounding the Jedi Academy." "You have done well. What do you propose to do?" "If we can get a Star Destroyer in the correct position, it could fire through the hole in the shieldsand knock out the shield generator. When that has happened we can send down AT-Ats and AT-STs to the surface. From there they can reach the Jedi Academy" Divine Spirit stood in deep thought for a minute. "Impressive, most impressive"
 Divine Spirit
07-21-2002, 12:05 AM
--Invasion is going well Sir. The AT-ATs are advancing to the Jedi Academy and the target should be in range in a matter on minutes-- "Good work commander" replied Divine Spirit, just before he shut off his comlink. Divine took a long, deep breath...... "Yes.....obi-wan13 is at the Academy. And soon him and his pitiful Academy shall fall"
 obi
07-21-2002, 12:13 AM
Obi-wan13 Limped to the service lifts in the main building, and Pressed the button to activate it. The lift went to the top, and Obi-wan13 limped to the edge, putting all of his weight on his kane. He watched in silence, and meditation. I feel.........lightheaded.......I......Must get to the front..... Obi-wan13 thought to himself. Knowing his second in command, Darklighter, would object to this. Obi13 went back to the lift, went to a hallway, and went to his sleeping quarters. He sat on the edge of the bed and stared at the ground. He knew what he must do. He Stood, and wlaked over to his Shelves, and stared at his books. It was as if he was seeing his belongings for the last time. He had a sad look on his face, as he then went to his Storage Locker, and opened it, and Took out his light-blue lightsaber, and activated it. He stared at the blade, then he deactivated it, and put it on his belt. He then limped back to the lift, and went to the ground. He walked over to the hanger, and got into a ground speeder. The troops where getting breifed, and arming themselves, and they didn't even notice him. He turned on the speeder and heard the engine hum. He backed out, and set off to through the forest, and Straight into the heart of the imperial forces. It would take him a while to get to them, but he had to hurry. To be continued....
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 12:21 AM
"Death Squadron will be organised after the speeders have returned" Darklighter informed Obi-wan on the deck of the watchtower-platform on top of the hanger. The evening luminescence was fast dissapearing behind the shadowing mountains and hills far off in the distance. The sun was now only a glistening speck in the vastness of the pale orange-red sky, and the long cold night had nearly begun. The attack would be carried out in almost darkness. The Admiral turned to face Obi-wan, but said nothing. There was no need for words, it was beyond that now. Darkness was clouding the skies, thick dark-grey clouds were spreading across it, shadowing everything beneath it. In the distance, beyond the mountains and hills and the fleets of troopers beneath them, the two men caught a glimpse of it. A huge, black spine tower reaching towards the sky, filled to the brim with evil malice and devilish blackness. It was a horrible sight, after all the Academy had hoped to achieve. "How could this have happened?" Darklighter said, almost involuntarily. Obi-wan still said nothing, only watched. Darklighter looked at him for a moment. He knew his master well. He knew Obi-wan was trying to find wisdom or hope in this hour of need, to think of what he needed to do. The Admiral admired his master for his sheer patience, and his union with the force made him an even stronger Jedi than ever before at this point. Darklighter shrugged off the thought and followed his master's gaze. ------------------ Greedo now was running to meet Tyrion at the front of the hanger bay. He almost fell over with exhastion as he reached Tyion. "The speeders are ready to go" he breathed heavily "and the master has given the order for us to meet at the turrets as they leave. "I though we were going after the first few waves of attack from the speeders!" Tyrion exclaimed. "Yes Sir, but we must go now! The infantry need support at the turrets and we are all that is available. Tyrion shook his head. "Very well" He turned now to his men. "Lets go!" On his command the entire troop marched over the ridge down to meet the forces already stationed at the first post. They ran quickly and swiftly down towards the preliminary forces and dived behind the ridge, guns at the ready. Greedo was beside Tyrion, and his sniper rifle was brought at, beautifully crafted and shining wit the last glow of the pale sun. They sat, ready, waiting, watching the AT-ATs come over the small elavated ground a mile or so in front. At that point, the speeders flew over there heads, breaking the quietness of there position, as they speeded to meet them. "Here we go!" Tyrion yelled, and there was silence.
 Reb Starblazer
07-21-2002, 12:21 AM
This is character development, not much to do with the actual war, but I'll get to that later. This is in answer to Divine's Spirit's thoughts on me being a Dark Jedi in a Jedi academy. Feel free to skip it if you want. Dark Path Earlier that day... The door slid open with a "whoosh" as Obi-Wan entered Reb Starblazer's quarters. He walked in a few steps, and noticed Reb sitting on the floor, shirtless, deep in meditation. "It is a troubling time, is it not old friend?" Said Reb, almost startling Obi-wan. "Yes, indeed it is. The Dark side has taken yet another victim, as it almost did to you." Replied Obi-wan. "Almost?" chuckled Reb. "The dark side had taken me completely, becoming a part of my soul. It was only with your help, and hers..." Reb's voice faded as a sad look crossed his face " That I was able to be brought over, at least partially." Reb stood and faced Obi-wan. Obi-wan noticed Reb's scar laden chest, reminders of his past, ones that would never fully heal. "Neither the scars, nor Reb." Obi-wan thought to himself. " But it wasn't just my doing. You wanted to be turned, more than anything. I just gave you a little push in the right direction." Obi wan said with a smile. Reb walked slowly over to his closet, his black Sith boots, clicking on the floor, a stark contrast to Obi-wan's brown. "The force can be a cruel master, can it not Obi-wan? Then again, so was Darth Talon." Obi-wan almost shuddered at that name, at the thoughts of all the violence wrought by him, before Reb took that final step that was necessary, and struck down his Dark master. "That's how I got these scars. I learned the hard way. My master didn't turn the Lightsabre power down while practicing, it was full out, or not at all. If I died, then I wasn't good enough to be his apprentice, that was that. I had to be fully committed to the ways of the Sith." "But you weren't, you were always a Jedi at heart. In your heart you were never a Sith, never like him. It's only because of your 'condition' that you're forced to use the Dark side" Reb chuckled at Obi-wans use of the word "condition". "It's alright Obi-wan. It's my curse" Obi-wan opened his mouth to say something, but Reb raised his hand and silenced him. "But it's also my blessing". Reb reached up and pulled his shoulder length, dirty blond hair back into a ponytail, revealing the five vestigial horns on his forehead, a trait common to all Zabraks. "We've never quite figured it out have we Reb? Why you have such a strong connection to the Dark side, but barely any to the Light. Do you still believe it's your lineage that's the problem?" "Yes. I think that's it's the combination of Human father and Zabrak mother that caused this. It's not their fault, they had no idea this would come about. Or maybe..." Reb, suddely remembering why he went to his closet, opened the door. "I'm just an anomaly in the Force." Reb said, with a light tone in his voice. Reb looked into the closet, staring at the black tunic and cape that he hoped he would never have to wear again. "You came here in search of peace, only to find war. I'm beginning to think trouble follows you wherever you go" Said Obi-wan, trying to have a light moment in such a dark conversation. He hoped he didn't offend Reb however. "Trouble doesn't follow me Obi-wan." Reb replied "I am trouble". The last sentence was said lightly, and Obi-wan tried not to laugh, realizing he had not offended Reb in the least. "I find myself at a crossroads, and am undecided at which road to take. Should I once again immerse my self in the grip of the Dark, or hide, cowering in the light, afraid of what I may become. "Be entirely tolerant or not at all; follow the good path or the evil one. To stand at the crossroads requires more strength than you possess, my friend." Said Obi-wan, quoting an old saying, that he never really understood until now. "Perhaps I shall take the middle road then. Follow the path of evil, for the side of light. He that does evil so that good may come, pays a toll to the devil to let him into heaven. Is that not right?" Obi-wan and and Reb looked at each other and laughed. Two men, quoting old sayings, in the middle of a war. Two friends, searching for a spot of light in a sea of darkness. Reb broke the silence first, "I know now what must be done. Power never takes a step back - only in the face of more power, and I shall do what I can. He must be stopped, and I shall give in, become evil incarnate if that's what's neccesary, to see it done." Reb reached in to the closet and took hold of his tunic, reclaiming a name he had long since uttered. Obi-wan nodded, and turned to leave the room. "May the force be with you, Reb Starblazer" Obi wan said, as he left the room, leaving his friend to comtemplate his path, and his purpose in the days ahead. "May it be with us all Obi-wan, may it be with us all." Reb said to the empty room Later, a figure was seen leaving Starblazer's quarters. A haunting vision, dressed in black, a Lightstaff on his belt, made it's way through the academy. The younger padawans, stepped aside, a look of terror on their faces, as he silently walked past. He headed for the forward command center, finally realizing his part in the grand scheme. As he entered, all eyes were locked on him. He walked slowly, his face obscured by the shadows of his hood, and stood silently in front of Obi-wan. The figure, bowed down to one knee, and removed his hood. A familiar face, covered with intricate designs of war paint, stared up at Obi-wan, a face he had not seen in a long time. The once green eyes had changed, now, red and orange piercing eyes, imbued with the power of the Dark side, met with Obi-wan's. "Darth Malice, at your command. What are your orders, General Kenobi..." Once again, way too over the top(and probably way too long:D), but I like writing. I have a whole collection of unfinished stories on my computer, including the tale of Reb Starblazer, a character I've had in my head for many years. Man, you're right Darth Knight, this is cool.
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 12:58 AM
Obi-wan was no longer by Darklighter's side. He had left the platform and returned to the hanger. Before leaving, Obi-wan had said to him - "I have some unfinished business", and that was all. The speeders had not yet left the hanger and Tyrion's forces were beginning to proceed to the first station. As he stood there, the Admiral began to contemplate everything that was happening. He knew what his master was going to do. He did not want to interfere, for Obi-wan would not regret his actions. Darklighter would not have approved of what he wanted to do, but once his master's mind was made up, it was not his place to argue. Standing there, at the helm now of the attack, in retrospect he started thinking about where he was, what he had gotten himself into. He thought about his first meeting with his master, and how had saved his life. -------------- Many years back, Tidus Darklighter was a farmboy on one of the nearby moons of the Academy's planet. His mother and father were both human, and worked hard at keeping themselves safe and healthy. He lived well, was cared for dearly. However the trouble in his fathers work had encouraged him to go into smuggling. This would have surely brought in more money, and proved a better chance of their success. However the figureheads that his father had gotten involved with were ruthless and cunning. Tidus' father had borrowed an obscene amount of money to pay for transpots to a nearby industrial system. The smugglers knew he would never be able to pay that money back, so hired bounty hunters to do the deed. Obi-wan was on a reconassance mission to the moon. He was sometimes working there, exploiting the weaknesses of the smugglers, using his powers to lead him to evil doers detroying the peace. It was by luck he found out about Tidus' father, what the bounty hunters had in store for him. He raced to meet him, fearing the worse. When Tidus was only 15, he was working late on the farm, gathering supplies from the forest where they lived. A ship was descending from the sky, his mother and father leaving the house to greet the visitor. However the welcome was shortlived. The figure that emerged leaped from the craft to the ground and shot his mother. He stood and watched as his father ran to her dead body on the floor. Crying, he looked up and the figure raised his gun and shot him in the forehead. Tidus stood in horror. The bounty hunter looked at him at the edge of the forest. He began to run, following Tidus through the thick dense forest. He came into an pening, and turning around the figure glared at him. He closed his eyes, full now of sorrowful tears, awating death. At that point Obi-wan leaped into the opening, decapitating the hunter with his lightsaber in one swift stroke. They stared at each other for a moment, Tidus in complete shock and sadness. A gun went off, and the Admiral awoke from his trance. That was how they met. He was enrolled at the Academy after that, as Obi-wan's first apprentice. He looked beside him again. The man he looked up to as a father was nowhere to be seen. A tear rolled down from his eye: after everything they had been through, Obi-wan still did not trust him to know his inner most thoughts. He was left a lone once again.
 obi
07-21-2002, 1:47 AM
Obi-wan's speeder came to a hault, just a few meters outside the imperial temporary camp. Obi-wan came at a good time. The imperials where tired from their hike, and where about to turn in for the day. Obi-wan noticed the night watcher's stalking in the darkness, only seen in the few Lights they had posted up. I am getting too old for this Obi-wan thought. He walked around the gates and fences, unoticed, as though he where a small feline. He looked at one of the garrisons, and saw 3 clone troopers guarding the entrance. A Lamda Shuttle was there, engines humming, as if it where going to take off. here's my chance Obi-wan said. He dodged the guards in an amazing show of stealth, and made his way onto the shuttle. He hid behind a few Cargo crates, as a few clone troopers, and an officer, dressed in black, walked on. "We must not keep the emporer waiting. Pilot, take off." The officer commanded. "Yes sir" the young man said. The doors closed, and the craft began to lift off, untill it was in space. _________________________________________ The Emporer Watched out of the window at the shuttle coming in. Yes, Come to me! Come to your Fate! your death! The Emporer said to himself. A young Officer walked in the throne room, and Spoke to the emporer. "My lord, The replacement command crew has arrived." The young officer said. "Good. Have them report to me immidiatly." The emporer said, as the young man bowed and left. "You are foolish,Obi-wan Kenobi" The Emporer said. __________________________________________________ Obi-wan remained on the shuttle for a good number of hours, then snuk off. He made his way down a few halls, when A security patrol passed him by. He hid, and went unnoticed once again. He made his way to the shield generator room, and Gently strode passed the guards. He left and went through a vent, and made his way to the door of the throne room. A guard noticed him, and demanded he surrender. Obi-wan Looked at the man, and waved his hand. "Open this door." Obi-wan commanded. "Yes, right away." The guard said, and opend the door. Obi-wan walked through, and the blast door closed behind him. "Welcome, General Kenobi. I have been expecting you." The Emporer said, as he turned his chair around, and revealed himself to Obi-wan. The emporer stood, and ignited a Lightsaber. "You will find that my age will not interfere with my Fighting Skills." The Emporer said. "Nor with me, For I am a jedi." Obi-wan said, as he ignited his blue lightsaber. The two sabers met in air, and then on the ground. The emporer took a swing at Obi's head, but Obi blocked. The emporer kicked Obi-wan's right leg, sensing his weakness. Obi fell to the ground in pain. "I can see that the poison has not fully left your system, Obi-wan13. You are a weak fool, and the poison makes you an even weaker fool! Now, You shall die." The emporer said, as he brought his saber over his head, and Slashed downward on obi-wan. To be continued...... (I'll finish this part:) )
 Darth Groovy
07-21-2002, 2:23 AM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit :emperor: Typical of the lieing scumbags in the pitiful Jedi Academy! It is you that first declared war in the Sith Academy thread! he he hee, a Jedi promotiong violent actions against non violent people...what a truley corrupt "Academy" you have! I don't see how defenging the Acedemy from the forces of evil is promoting acts of violence. I suppose I can see your point of view. I don't thing Master Obi Wan 13 wanted a war, but it is necessary to defend that which we hold sacred. I for one am not looking forward to slaughtering fellow Sith, But my saber belongs to The Academy, my family, my future. Darth Groovy sat quiet in his quarters. His master had long since retired for the evening. Groovy was restless and began practicing his meditation techniques that Master Yoda_623 tought him. He sat crossed legged on the floor, arms outstretched. Fading were his dreams of becoming a teacher at the Academy as visions of violence and distruction flashed in his dreams. He saw the blood on his hands as young Sith fell before him.......Darth Groovy cried out in agony...."NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Suddenly he returned to conscienceness and his eyes blinked open. He gathered himself.....he knew what he must do. He had never been in a real battle before this moment. He stood up in the middle of his quarters and touched a control on the com bracelet on his arm. A few strange beeps emmited as 25 small probe droids entered the room. In one long gracefull circular motion Darth Groovy's long saber hilt flew from the belt on his hip into his hand. He twirlled it in a figure 8 as the probe droids began fireing small lazer bolts upon him, in one swift spin the double red blade cut through the droids like confetti........... Yoda_623 rushed into the room gazing for a moment at the sparks and wires which glittered on the floor of Darth Groovy's chamber. Darth Groovy took a deep breath and powered down his saber. "Is everything alright my young padawan?" Yoda asked? "Yes, my master" Darth Groovy slowly replied. Yoda_623 smiled slightly and left his chambers. He feared for his apprentice, not only for his safety, but he knew his personal feelings on this matter had made his pupil restless. Tommorrow he would place heavy emphasis on relaxation techniques and self control. Tommorrow was to be a long day remembered.
 Divine Spirit
07-21-2002, 2:33 AM
wow, theres some really good stories coming along here :)
 Yoda_623
07-21-2002, 2:40 AM
Man, Killer story Groovy. :D All these are so interesting to read.
 obi
07-21-2002, 2:43 AM
........As the Emporer slashed down on Obi-wan, Obi-wan rolled away to safety as the saber hit the floor next to him. The same thing happened once more. Obi-wan looked at his sabe hilt, a pulled it to him, and ignited it, blocking the emporers next attack. He swung like a madman to get hte emporer away. When he had enough space, he stood again, all weight on his left leg. The Emporer ran towards him and began swinging a barrage of blows against Obi-wan, which where deflected. A small explosion shook the throne room, and The Emporer was stunned. "This is Death 4, going in on my attack run." A pilot said, as an x-wing swooped aroun and fired on one of the shield generators. "heh heh heh heh." The emporer laughed, as he swung at obi again. Obi backflipped and avoided to swipe. The x-wing fired a torpeado on one of the sheild generators again, and it exploded. A young officer ran into the throne room,and interupted the duel. Obi-wan was going to kill the young man, but held back when he realized the boy was unarmed. Another cloaked figure came into the room, and Obi-wan's attention shifted. The Emporer, taking the chance, Hit obi on the back of the head with the hilt of his saber. Obi fell unconscious. "Did you need something captain?" The emporer asked. "Sir, the Academy forces have launched an air strike on us, and we where unprepared, and our shields are failing. we must With draw, or we will be destroyed!" The officer said. "Let us make our leave, then. *emporer points to obi* Darth Kaan, take him to a cell. We will interogate him, and find out everything we can. Then, we shall kill him." The emporer said, as Kaan bowed, and drug obi away. "My lord, we must move quickly to evacuate our forces on the planet." The young captain said. "We haven't the time. Set course for Coruscant and engageour hyperdrive." The emporer said. "but my lord, we...." "NOW!" The emporer yelled. The young man was now very afraid, and said "yes, my lord" The x-wing squadron was attacking the Star Destroyer when it suddenly blasted to hyperspace. "Good job Death Squadron. Return to base." Darklighters voice came over the comm.
 Darth Knight
07-21-2002, 3:08 AM
obi man you are writing some really tight stories they are really good
 Dissectional
07-21-2002, 3:17 AM
Nice, Nice guys. I hope i can compile a tale that shall be on par with you guys'. After the missions with Ice and Death squadron, Captain Dissectional Returned to the academy. Once safely docked, he received a comm transmission: General Kenobi Had made it safely back. Relieved that he had escaped the clutches of the emperor, Dissectional raced to talk with him. "Well, sir, good to see your face again, I feared you dead," Dissectional announced with a hearty smile. "How in the hell did you escape?" "A long story, which i will be glad to share over a juri juice." Kenobi chuckled. "well, we have more important things to take care of than stories and liquor," Dissectional stated quite gruffly. And with that, they all headed for the academy war room. "My lightsaber is itching for sith flesh," The bold young padawan stated. " You'd better curb that temper, lest you be tempted by the darkside yourself!" Kenobi barked. "we'll be mashing sith once we figure out where they are and what they plan on doing next!" Death Squadron Recon had found that the sith academy troops were moving their fleets closer to the LF academy system, and were only a mere 4 parsecs away. " I want death squadron on full patrol, 24 hours a day. They plan on a straight spearhead into the academy system." Kenobi grimly muttered. "This is looking like it's all about to blow up into a battle of gargantuan proportions, none like we've ever seen before.." To Be Continued.... :D:D There's my little smidgin of a tale. Hope you guys enjoy it!
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 3:31 AM
Darklighter looked down upon the battle below. The seepders had already taken out the first AT-AT, thanks to the skillful work of Reb Starblazer. The arrangements had to be made quickly, and the pilots and gunners joined up in pairs; first Dissectional and Exterminator, then Reb and KordKelly, Wjitedragon and Camus, and finally Darth Knight and sOulblihtr. Darklighter now looked upon the battle ground, and down at the ground forces below. He knew what he had to do. Obi-wan, master, you're gonna hate me for doing this . On that thought, he leapt from the side rail of platform, plummeting down headfirst towards the dround a hundred meters below. He flipped fowards and flung his cloak aside. He landed on his feet, with effortless ease. He was dressed in pure white garments covering his body, with tall black boots and a black belt around his waist. His hair fell before the sides of his face, down to his neck, which shone jet black. His face and skin was markless and bright. He had the appearance of a padawan, but after 15 years of Jedi mastery he was nearly as able as his master. Tidus Darklighter, master Jedi, would fight once again... -------------------- Tyrion and his men manned the turrets, awaiting the AT-STs as they closed in on their position. Greedo sat, his eye's fixed on the cockpit, ready to fire. At that point, it all changed. Imperial troops began descending from the walkers. They aligned and began to walk slowly towards them. The chicken walkers halted, aiming their guns at the turrets. They were ambushed. "No, this is all wrong!" Tyrion yelled. "Where is our back up!" He drew his comlink from his pocket and spoke. "Tyrion to Ice Leader! Tyrion to Ice Leader! W have more surprises here commander, you gotta give us some support!" "No can do" Dissectional replied in the speaker. "We cannot deter ourselves, if we try to leave now we're as good as dead!" "Damn!" Greedo replied. "We'll have to take them." Darkighter was now running furiously down towards Tyrions men. As he approached the hill, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He swung round to draw his saber, until he realised who it was. "I thought I told you to stay wheer you were" AB_Legion said. "I can't have you, second in command going into battle now, can I?" "Looks like you'll have to do without me...I am needed." "And so am I!" They both smiled. "We're with you too" Darklighter's face shone as his fellow Jedi's came into view. Maximus, XERXES, Agen and Yoda_623 stepped out beyond the shadows. "Didn't think we were gonna let you go alone, did you?" Maximus joked. "Together again, huh?" XERXES chuckled. "Lets go!" said Agen, as the Jedi marched towards the front line to meet their enemy. To be continued...
 Darth Knight
07-21-2002, 3:42 AM
darklighter that was really good but one thing i thouhgt obi was a prisoner still
 Darth Groovy
07-21-2002, 3:43 AM
Clad in his usual oversize black robe and sunglasses, Darth Groovy stood silently behind the turrets along with other padawans as he was instructed to do so. The gunners shifted the turrets right and left.....alternately exchanging fire. The smoke from the blasters up ahead had layed a dense fog in all of the surrounding areas. Nerfyoda stood next to him talking his ear off as usual. Back in class Nerfyoda loved to use Groovy as the butt of his unusual class clown antics yet would defend him just as easy. Darth Groovy had often found himself just as amused by Nerfyoda's absurd humor as much as he was annoyed by it. "Bloody AT-ATs!" said Nerfyoda as he spit on the ground. "What good would lightsabers do against those things?" Before Groovy could reply Nerfyoda had holstered his saber and pulled out a deadly rifle with a long range scope on the end. Nerfyoda grinned devilishly as he pulled a clip out of his back pocket and slapped it harshly into the butt of the rifle. "Just in case!" Nerfyoda chuckled! "You should not underestimate the power of the Force", Groovy replied. "Your too tense mate, relax! Yoda_623 is on the other side of the battle field. Did ya screw it up this morning Darth? I know it wasn't at lightsaber training!" Darth Groovy did not respond and only looked past Nerfyoda. Nerfyoda was right......Yoda_623 had been very stirn early that morning placeing unusual emphasis on emotion control and relaxation, he had seemed tense like he was holding back from his apprentice. Nerfyoda had often made jokes about Darth Groovy......his Lightsaber scoring always shadowed Nerfyoda Ten fold, and made him jealouse. while Nerfyoda was a better pilot than he was and loved to hunt minoks with his rifle. Obi wan 13 had prohibited rifles at the academy especially amoung students. Darth Groovy had known about his rifle and it's hidden location in his footlocker. Often on weekend leave Groovy would go minok hunting with Nerfyoda just to watch his amazing aim. Darth Groovy never took his saber skills very seriously, his passion was art and music which made Nerfyoda pick on him even more. At times it did seem strange to see a black and red tattooed face with a crown of thorns crooning Corillian love ballads in the mess hall surrounded by screaming students. Saber training came natural to Darth, as if he had been trained a thousand times. Today his skills would be needed. "I really hope we win today or this will be a waste!" said Nerfyoda as he pulled a cantine out that was slung across his shoulder and held it in front of Darth Groovy. "What is that" said Groovy, "I'll give you a hint......it ain't water and it ain't blue milk either!" replied Nerfyoda. "I made it last weekend.....this is our victory dance" "Um, of course" said Groovy. Nerfyoda twisted off the cap of the cantine "smell this" he said and held it up to Groovy'd nostrils. Groovy inhaled and let out a large cough followed by a gasp for air. "Jeezum Crow! your gonna kill somebody with that stuff" Groovy said as Nerfyoda chuckled wildly. "Mother's maiden recipe..... bless her soul!" Nerfyoda kissed a pendant that adorned his neck and quickly stuffed it back into his tunic. Nerfyoda gripped the charging mechanism below the barral of his gun as a pulsating hum whirred up to full power. "Do you think we will win?" asked Nerfyoda. "We will win.....my master has forseen it. Besides we were instructed to wait behind lines, the first few AT-ATs have fallen and we may not need to fight at all." Groovy finished. "Not till I take down at least one of 'em" Nerfyoda injected "I want a sith head on my mantle."Darth Groovy pursed his lip and gave Nerfyoda a generic look of discust. "WTF?" replied Nerfyoda, and Groovy rolled his yellow eyes up at the night sky and let out a sigh. Groovy focused on Tyrion who was in the main command platform running back and forth barking orders at uniformed officers and multiple uniformed holographic images. A large explosion went off not more than a few yards behind the two padawans. Groovy And Nerfyoda ducked as dirt and ash rained down upon them "That was too close!" Nerfyoda screamed, "We may fight after all!" As Nerfyoda closed his sentance the two padawans gazed into the night sky and saw the faint image of a single tie interceptor with flames and smoke emmiting from it's port wing. The ship spiraled down and crashed into a tree. Tyrion cursed loudly and jumped off the platform to join a group of troops running towards the crashed ship. Groovy grabbed Nerfyoda's shoulder as he was about to run...."We wait here my freind until the Master's instruct us to do otherwise!" Nerfyoda cursed and then looked up at Groovy. "Your right, there will be plenty of heads on the field when the battle is over." "When the Battle was over......" Darth Groovy pondered heavily on that last sentence. Then looked up and smiled widely, "Master Obi-Wan is alive......he made it......thank the Force!"
 obi
07-21-2002, 3:58 AM
Darth Knight is right, im in a SD. good though. edit it a bit. :)
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 4:08 AM
The light was dimming fast. The flood-like lamps situated underneath the walkers gave out a blinding glow, and the soldiers who advanced from them reflected the light. They were dressed in a new uniform armour; the new clonetrooper armour, and thick, the helmets shone with white. The long line of soldiers could be seen approaching. "We can't do this" Tyrion's confidence had been diminished. "I'm sorry" replied Greedo solumnly. Just as they had given up hope, the band of Jedi came over the ridge to greet them, AB_Legion leading. They really were a symbol of magnificance, kitted in bright white and bauge robes with their lightsabers haning from their belts. Tyrion was overcome with relief. "I thought you'd never show" he said gleefully. "Concentrate all the turrets fire on the walkers" AB_Legion did not smile. His expression was of no-nonsense, he knew exactly what to do. "We'll take care of the troops." "Just like old times, eh Sir?" Greedo smiled and placed his rifle on the ground, drawing back his cloak to reveal his saber hilt above his belt. AB_Legion raised his voice to the infantry. "All ensign ranked personel will remain here and concentrate fire on those walkers!" his voice deep and menacing. "Those of higher rank will follow me on my signal!" The Jedi drew their sabers from their belts. "Ready" AB_Legion gave the command, "CHARGE!!" On his word half of the ground force proceeded at sprint pace to meet the enemy. Darklighter was right beside AB_Legion, running with him, his saber still unignited. The enemy troop began running now. At the same time, the Jedi ignited there sabers, a spectrum of muticolour and light, blinding to see with magnificance and power. The first shot came, and AB_Legion deflected it back at its firerer. The two sides met, and Darklighter leapt over the first line to meet the second. He flipped to the side as he threw his lightsaber at the troopers. as he landed, he kickedone of the troopers to the floor, and the saber returned to his hand. he backflipped again to avoid the shots fired at him, and cartwheeld before slicing two troopers at once. After some time, he spied an unmanned speeder bike. Looking out now towards the enemy base far off, he jumped on the bike to race to it, evading the shots from the troops and walkers. It seemed to go on forever. The endless passing of the long grass about his feet, as he hovered, racing now even faster towards the enclosed military encampment. As he arrived, he leapt from the bike and walked slowly towards the bunker. "I've been waiting for you" a voice came from behind. He turned to greet it. To be continued...
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 4:11 AM
Obi, do you think you could edit your post before my last long story and write how you escaped...I didn't see your post cos I was writing my story...sorry:( edit - problem solved. Thanks:D
 Divine Spirit
07-21-2002, 4:31 AM
I think we should take turns in writing the story so we dont have these problems. I think Dark Academy writes section and then Light Academy and then Dark and so on. The person on each academy to write the story is the one who claims it in the thread first. So you write a short message claiming it and if no one else has claimed it THEN you start to write the story. Feel free to ask people in your academy you want to write next turn. Do you all want to stick to this system?
Page: 1 of 2