Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Academy Wars: Episode 1 "Dark Academy Rising" Official Battle Thread

Page: 2 of 2
 Reb Starblazer
07-21-2002, 4:36 AM
Darklighter, here's an idea. Everywhere in your last two posts where you have Obi-wan, replace it with AB_Legion. It would kind of fit, because he's gone, and you guys would be surprised to see him. As for you idea Divine, it seems good. But as I don't know the grand scheme of things, I can't really decide what my part in it shall be. When I do come up with an idea, I'll try to keep it as low key as possible though. Part of the story, but not too big a part of the story, as I'm only a "minor" character, the story isn't revolving around me so much as it is around you and Obi. This is turning out great though, I must say. EDIT: An example of what I'm talking about is where Obi-Wan appears and tells you to stay where you were. Just have it that AB appears and says something like "I thought Obi-Wan would have wanted you to stay here." Just improvise. As for Obi escaping, I'm sure he's got some plan and story arc up his sleeve:D
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 5:01 AM
I will continue my little story in just a second, about what happens to me. BTW, Reb, you can really write about what you like. We haven't heard much of Death/Ice Squadron yet, so you could write a bit about them. Or you could go off at a tangent and write about your own story. I you want to, its perfectly fine with us:) edit - afetr this is finished, we should definitely combine them all into chapters...that would be cool:D
 Dath Maximus
07-21-2002, 5:03 AM
Im gonna make it short cause i dont have lots of ideas. Arriving on the academy grounds Maximus leaves his condo lightsaber in hand. "Perhaps today is a good day to battle!!" he cried. Tossing his apprentice a e-11 blaster, he managed to yell out "cover me!" Maximus began his way to obi-wan13.
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 5:30 AM
"It was foolish of you to come here, Darklighter" as he turned around slowly, the figure was in full view, standing at the entrane through which he had come. "You are only delaying your iminent death." It was Shadow Angel, Darth Dominance, Divine Spirit's sith lord companion. He was tall, his thick, long cloak pitch dark, his hood covering his face. "You cannot win" he said in a low, foreboding voice that shattered the silence. "We will see" came Darklighter's response. "You may have power, but you lack the spirit of a Jedi. You cannot foresee your victory while we are still alive, Shadow" his voice now deep, he was circling around shadow, his hand inches away from his saber hilt. "You speak as if there is still hope left for your kind" he replied menacingly. "We will see if you are right, Admiral" he began to close in on Darklighter, they were both walking to confront each other. "You know you will not win this battle. The darkside is the only way out. Join us Tidus. You know it is the only option." "The only option if you are weak enough to give in!" he shouted, as the tension mounted Shadow's face was grim and smirkless. "Fool!!" he quickly drew his lightsaber. In a split second he leapt into the air towards Darklighter, his brandished red saber gleaming with malice. Darklighter was too quick. Before the saber could strike him, his orange-white saber was drawn to block the attack. They locked, Shadow's teeth gritted together, Darklighter's eyes glaring beneath his low brow. Shadow flung himself backwards to land on the ground a few metres away. He ran at Tidus again, swiping to his left. He parried the attack, and ducked to avoid the next swipe across his head. Darklighter spun, circling in the air just in time to avoid Shadow's deadly upercut. He landed, and they faced each other again. Full of anger, Shadow ran at him, his blade high above his head, ready to strike. This he did not foresee. As he brought hi ssaber down as he ran, Darklighter dodged to the side. Everything moved in slow motion. Shadow ran passed and missed, and Darklighter brought his saber down upon his back. With a cry he fell. "Curse you, and your Academy!" he yelped. The shuttle was just in time. It cruised overhead, guns ready, firing at Darklighter. he dodged them and dived behind the bunker out of view. Shadow crawled to his feet, and the shuttle ramp lowered. "We will meet again!" He cried, as he climbed aboard the caft, injured and limping. Darklighter knew this was only the beginning. He would have to face him again, but not yet. Holstering his saber, he climbed aboard the speeder bike, and raced back to his comrades.
 Dath Maximus
07-21-2002, 5:42 AM
Unless my double sith maximus shows up im gonna make him my nemesis. Stepping out into the hallway of the main academy building Maximus met his double. "we meet again Max" the Sith warrior said coldly. Without acknologing this Dath pulled out his lightsaber using force pull. Instanly two blades clashed. One red one blue. "You are strong old man!'' the nemesis cried "far stronger than you'' maximus yelled back kicking the clone aside.
 Shadow Angel
07-21-2002, 5:52 AM
OMG, there was like, 20 people here a once and I kep getting the "This page cannot be displayed" screen for 9 HOURS! AHHH!!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem? Well, I don't know if this chapter has become outdated or not, but here goes: ----------------------------- Space. The final frontier. A red planet, shimmering like a jewel, a deception of the fiery hell within. A black, silent ship jumped out of hyperspace in its orbit. The Sith Infiltrator, ferrying the Dark Lord, the Shadow Angel, sped towards a landing platform marked in the Emperor's special coordinates. As the ship landed, a pair of blast doors in front of the platform opened, and two black-robed, hooded firgures emerged. The Dark Lord exited his craft, and one of the attendants spoke. "This way, my Lord. We have been expecting your arrival for a long time." The three entered the facility, and the doors slammed shut behind them. Although he wasn't affected by it, Shadow could sense the searing heat inside. "Exactly why did you choose such a hot and uncomfortable planet as this to develop your weaponry here?" "Simply because soldiers grow lazy in comfortable climate. They must learn to feel the heat of battle." "Soldiers? I didn't come here to inspect another batch of stormtroopers--" the attendant quickly interrupted. "Oh, our new clones are much more than mere stormtroopers, I can assure you." The three entered a turbolift. One attendant pushed a button, and they were off. Shadow, not being one to ask a lot of questions, instead probed the attendant's mind through the Force. After a few moments, his eyes widened. The turbolift stopped, and opened to reveal a catwalk reaching across the chasm of a volcano! Below were several platforms floating above the lava. On it, were thousands of hodded figures sparring against each other with double-bladed lightsabers. Once again, the attendant spoke. "Many years ago, the great Darth Sidious built a clone army using a template of a bounty hunter. Although they made excellent soldiers, they still could not meet the Emperor's incrasing demands. We have remedied this problem by using the DNA of one of Sidious' strongest, most loyal apprentices, Khameir Sarin... but you might know him better as DARTH MAUL. Indeed, my Master was wise to make this decision. "Before I make my final report, I would like to test out one of these clones personally." The attendant was a bit reluctant. "As you wish, my Lord, but I must warn you. You may not survive the test run. We've made certain enhance--" "Just do it." And the attendant left Shadow at the catwalk. Minutes later, the door at the other end opened to reveal a clone. The Maul clone removed his hood and cloak, then drew his double-bladed lightsaber and ignited each blade, one by one. Shadow ignited his own curved saber, it's purple blade, an untraditional color for both the Jedi and the Sith, glowing across his face. The clone immdeiately charged at Shadow and twirled his blade at him, but the Dark Lord easily blocked. The other side of the clone's staff immediately rushed to Shadow's face, but his keen sense of the Force acted as an alarm, aiding to block and parry each incoming strike. The sabers locked, and Shadow was surprised at the clone's strength as his blade kept coming closer to his face. However, the Dark Lord's mechanical strength in his arm kicked in and pushed the clone back off balance. A quick Force Pull brought him closer before Shadow brought his blade down on the clone's neck and decapitated him. The attendant rushed back in. Shadow put away his saber, turned to face him, and said, "39 seconds. Most impressive. The Jedi will be overwhelmed by this elite fighting force. How many of these soldiers are prepared?" "Two million, sir." Shadow grinned. "Excellent. I want them sent to the Jedi Academy battleground at 0600 Coruscant time. Meanwhile, I have a personal agenda to follow. There will be no one to stop us this time!" --------------------- How's that? Good? I was typing for over 2 hours, but then my system crashed, and I had to start over. I was getting impatient, so I shortened it a lot. Note that "39 seconds" was the winning time at the JKII Gateway Challenge.
 Reb Starblazer
07-21-2002, 6:44 AM
Warning*** Extreme long post alert *** Reader discretion is advised. :D "Ice leader to Ice Three, come in Ice three." "Ice leader, this is Ice three, Starblazer here" "Starblazer, I'm taking Exterminator, WhiteDragon and Camus, and we'll be attacking from the north. You take Kordkelly, Darth Knight and s0ulbilhtr and attack from the south. We'll box in the remaining AT's, and then hit them harder than a Catharian moustrap." Captain Dissectional said. "Agreed" Said Reb into his comm unit. "This is Ice three, Kordkelly, Darth Knight, Camus, you heard the man, form up into flight pattern Tango Echo niner. Time to play 'Hammer and Anvil'." "Roger" the others all said at the same time. The plan worked perfectly. While neither side had truly won the battle, Ice Squadron definetly had the upper hand. "Whhooohoooooo" Darth Knight yelled as another AT-AT toppled to the ground. "Just like Shaak tipping" He exclaimed. "I wouldn't know" Reb responded "My youth was wasted learning the Sith arts. I never had time to for anything fun like Shaak tipping" Reb finished as he made a run against the downed AT-AT, shooting it's vunerable neck. The AT-AT exploded into a ball of flames. "HEY! NO FAIR" Yelled Darth Knight. " That was my kill" he responded more quietly this time. "Alright, alright. The next one's yours" Reb laughed into the comm. "Wait a minute" Kordkelly said over the comm. "You're a sith? What? Did I miss something here?" "Yea, fill us in Leftenant" replied Camus "Yea, I'm a Sith. Or at least, I was. I came to Obi-Wan's academy to find peace, I didn't want to fight anymore. I was tired of it all." Reb said. An AT-ST burst into flames to his left. "Nice shot Darth Knight. Obi-wan accepted me into his academy, as a shuttle pilot. It was a job where I wouldn't have to use the Force. That way, no one would really notice I was using the Dark Side. I have no connection to the Light Side of the Force. That doesn't make me evil, I just can't do it. Try to understand that this doesn't change who I am to you guys, or to this academy." "We understand Leftenant. Don't worry." replied s0ulblihtr "Alright, now, back to it." Said Reb as KordKelly attached the tow cable to an AT-AT's leg, Reb began to fly around the AT-AT, trying to trip it. "Just one more pass, one more pass" BAM! The speeder shook around him. " I'm hit, I'm hit! " Reb yelled. The sudden shock cause the tow line to become unattached as well. "Is it bad? You gonna make it?" Asked WhiteDragon "I'll be alright for now. But we can't take much more of this punishment. Concentrate on taking down those AT-AT's, they've got the most firepower." "Good idea Leftenant. I agree. Alright Ice Squadron, move out" Said Dissectional over the comm. Two more AT-AT's were taken down, including the one Reb originally tried for. But now, the AT-ST's were becoming a problem. They were taking potshots at the speeders while they were tying up the AT-AT's. " Starblazer, you and Whitedragon finish off those AT-AT's, the rest of us will start working on those chicken walkers. "Roger that sir" Replied both Reb and Whitedragon, as the others took off to engage the enemy. Reb moved into position, ready to make a run against an AT-ST. "Cover me Whitedragon." Reb ordered. "Already on it sir." Replied Whitedragon cheerily. The cord attached to the leg of the AT-AT, and Reb began circling around, attempting to tie it up. He had completed one pass around when... "REB LOOK OU..." Whitedragon yelled into his comm as a stray bolt from an AT-ST connected with Reb's speeder. The speeder, began to spiral out of control, and Reb pulled tightly on the flight stick. "This is Ice Three, I've been hit bad and I'm going down. I repeat, I'm going down. I'm going to try and get to the mountains in Tangu sector, at least that way we'll be out of the battlezone." "Roger that Starblazer. Don't you go dying on us now, hear me?" Dissectional said. Reb couldn't help but smile despite the fact that he was quickly losing control of the speeder and approaching the ground.." Roger that sir. I'll take that as an order. Try not to get in too much trouble without me, and may the Force be with you." "May the Force be with you too." Said Dissectional, the last transmission Reb would get before he hit the ground. "Ohhhh..." Reb said aloud " this is gonna hurt Well Darklighter, you asked for a story about Ice Squadron, and here it is. I hope none of you mind that I used your names in my post, and I hope I didn't write you guys too out of character:D
 Shadow Angel
07-21-2002, 6:58 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter "It was foolish of you to come here, Darklighter" as he turned around slowly, the figure was in full view, standing at the entrane through which he had come. "You are only delaying your iminent death." It was Shadow Angel, Darth Dominance, Divine Spirit's sith lord companion. He was tall, his thick, long cloak pitch dark, his hood covering his face. "You cannot win" he said in a low, foreboding voice that shattered the silence. "We will see" came Darklighter's response. "You may have power, but you lack the spirit of a Jedi. You cannot foresee your victory while we are still alive, Shadow" his voice now deep, he was circling around shadow, his hand inches away from his saber hilt. "You speak as if there is still hope left for your kind" he replied menacingly. "We will see if you are right, Admiral" he began to close in on Darklighter, they were both walking to confront each other. "You know you will not win this battle. The darkside is the only way out. Join us Tidus. You know it is the only option." "The only option if you are weak enough to give in!" he shouted, as the tension mounted Shadow's face was grim and smirkless. "Fool!!" he quickly drew his lightsaber. In a split second he leapt into the air towards Darklighter, his brandished red saber gleaming with malice. Darklighter was too quick. Before the saber could strike him, his orange-white saber was drawn to block the attack. They locked, Shadow's teeth gritted together, Darklighter's eyes glaring beneath his low brow. Shadow flung himself backwards to land on the ground a few metres away. He ran at Tidus again, swiping to his left. He parried the attack, and ducked to avoid the next swipe across his head. Darklighter spun, circling in the air just in time to avoid Shadow's deadly upercut. He landed, and they faced each other again. Full of anger, Shadow ran at him, his blade high above his head, ready to strike. This he did not foresee. As he brought hi ssaber down as he ran, Darklighter dodged to the side. Everything moved in slow motion. Shadow ran passed and missed, and Darklighter brought his saber down upon his back. With a cry he fell. "Curse you, and your Academy!" he yelped. The shuttle was just in time. It cruised overhead, guns ready, firing at Darklighter. he dodged them and dived behind the bunker out of view. Shadow crawled to his feet, and the shuttle ramp lowered. "We will meet again!" He cried, as he climbed aboard the caft, injured and limping. Darklighter knew this was only the beginning. He would have to face him again, but not yet. Holstering his saber, he climbed aboard the speeder bike, and raced back to his comrades. Whoa, guys, this thing has grown huge since I was gone. Nice story, Darklighter, but I kinda wanted establish my character first (I'm sort of a cross between Darth Vader and Tyranus). Oh, well. Let's see here....... -------------------------------------------------------- The Shadow Angel's shuttle quickly docked into his Super Star Destroyer in orbit around the planet. As the ramp lowered, the usual procedure of stormtroopers marching in formation around the craft took form, a bit hastily. Admiral Jericho, commander of the SSD Black Phoenix, rushed to greet the Dark Lord. To his shock, Shadow Angel's robes were tattered and torn, and he looked exhausted. As he limped out of the shuttle, Jericho said: "L-L-Lord Dominance.... back so soon--" "You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. My confrontation with Master Darklighter has turned with unexpected results. Now, if will excuse me, I will retreat to my quarters. I do not wish to be interrupted!" And with that, Lord Dominance stomped off to his meditation chamber. ----------------------------------------------- Upon entering, Shadow immediately removed his damaged Sith robes, revealing his buff, built torso, marred only by the immense scar on his back. But most disturbing, there was no blood. In it's place, was a myriad of tristed wires and metal. His arms, from the elow to the fingers, were also metallic, polished in chrome. The Shadow Angel did indeed rise from the ashes.... as a cyborg! No matter, thought the young Dark Lord. A mere lightsaber wound cannot stop me from my hatred, my quest for vengeance. My thirst for blood. <All in good time, my young apprentice.> The Dark Lord raised his head towards the ceiling. "Master?" <Yes, it is I, Divine Spirit. I have had to retreat from the Jedi forces, but my plans have not yet failed. You will go to my secret cloning laboratories on [censored! I can't tell you! But for story purposes I will call it Volcanic Cloning Planet.] The coordinates will be beamed to you shortly. There, you are to perform an inspection and certify them as ready for battle. You will be most impressed, I assure you.> "As you wish, my Master." And with that, Lord Dominance rose from his seat. The scar that was once on his back was no more. It had completely healed. He opened a compartment in the wall on his chamber (the closet) and changed. The cocoon of the chamber opened. What emerged, was a figure of terror, yet also resembling an icon of ultimate coolness. Donned in a leather trenchcoat, the Dark Lord ran his metallic claw fingers through his long, electric blue hair. His equally shiny, metal boots boomed across the polished floor. He approached Admiral Jericho. "Admiral, prepare my personal craft at once. I will depart for [Volcanic Clong Planet]... alone!" ---------- What do you think? Good?
 obi
07-21-2002, 7:00 AM
....... Obi-wan! no!........................Move move move!..................... we cannot escape, we must surrender......................You are beaten................. Obi-wan heard the different voices, all combined into one gargle of nonsense, and he didn't understand why he heard such things. He awoke from his coma, and sat up in a small interogation cell. "HE's awake. Inform the emporer." Obi heard a man say. Obi-wan looked around at the small room he was in. It was grey, and had only one door. His lightsaber was missing, which didn't surprise him much. After a few moments, The emporer and 4 Troops walked in, with black interogation droids. "Now, we will find out all we need to know of your weak academy." The emporer said. "What makes you think I will tell you anything?" Obi-wan asked. "The truth serum was made by my top scientist, and is proven 100% to work. You will tell us what we want to know, whether you like it or not, and then, you will die. Along with your freinds." The emporer said, followed by a laugh. The balck droid drifted closer to Obi-wan, with the needle sticking out, and it pierced his skin. Pain ran through Obi-wan's entire body, but he didn't show it. "You are in pain. And I sense your hate building inside you. Your anger can be a powerful ally, obi-wan kenobi." The emporer said. "I control my anger, it does not control me." Obi13 replied. "In time, you will be dead. Your freinds beside you. You do not matter to me." The Emporer said. "That's what you think. I am a threat to you, and you are afraid of me. " Obi-wan said. There was a blank look on the emporer's face, as he gritted his teeth, and shot Obi-wan with lightning. Obi-wan fell to the ground, and was trying to wear off the shock, but now the drugs where kicking in. The EMporer laughed. _______________________________ Obi-wan layed in his cell, staring at the cieling, and meditating the best of his ability. A guard walked in the room. "It's time. Come with me. NOW!" the guard said, as obi-wan nodded and stood, and walked as best he could out of the door to his death. He looked desperatly around, to find an escape, but found nothing. He walked down the hall, the guard behind him, gun drawn. Obi-wan looked onto a nearby table, and saw an oxygen mask. He then acted like he tripped, and landed on the table. He quickly grabbed the mask, and tucked it into his robe. "Sorry. The drugs still have an affect on me." OBi-wan said, and the guard nodded. They continued to walk down the hall to an air lock. "Get in." The guard said. "Very well." Obi-wan said, as he took a step, turned, and knocked the guard flat on his back with the mask. "Sorry about that." Obi-wan said, as he pulled the stormtroopers body away, and took his armor and blaster. to be continued........
 Dath Maximus
07-21-2002, 7:11 AM
Dath Maximus slowly walked around the empty training hall, lightsaber drawn stretching out with the force to find his leathel opponent. "You prepared to finish this fight Old man?" a voice echoed. "of course i am, but you will find my power is greatly more than yours." he calmly replied. Ducking before thinking Maximus narrowly missed a lightsaber being swung at him. jumping and slashing outward he once again regaind control of his environment. The two blades clashed with a spark of light. Spinning and twrilling around the room, the two warriors used the force to propel all around them. "it ends now!!" cried the sith raising his lightsaber high. "yes it does" maximus said softly cutting down his assailent. Standing over the dead body of his attacker Maximus sensed a stormtrooper nearby. Using a mind trick on the hapless minion he persuaded him to take him to obi-wan13's location.
 Dath Maximus
07-21-2002, 7:24 AM
ohh thats nice obi im trying to tie into your characters location and you leave now im gonna be stuck with the emperor
 Dath Maximus
07-21-2002, 7:28 AM
why did my last post go under one i already did and not at the end of the posts themselves so as i said: Nice job obi, i was trying to get my story with yours and you leave me with the emporer
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 7:29 AM
That was great Reb. Really, really good stuff. I have more though: After the last battle Darklighter was quite shaken up. Shadow had been a worthy adversary, and he was only in training...after 15 years of mastering these skills, he could feel Shadow's power and anger. It overwhelmed him. The dark side really is strong he thought to himself, as he climbed towards the speeder. What if they are stronger? What will we do? It was not good to dwell on these thoughts, and with a shrug he banished the idea from his memory. As he was just about to start the bike engines, voices could be heard, a couple of hundred meters beyond the entrance to the opening. Darklighter jumped off and crept with unheard stealth to the small forest patch near to where the voices were coming from, and ducked out of view. As he crept ever so closer, he caught a glimpse of a band of troopers, with an officer breifing them on the situation. "We have word" the officer began again, "that there is a break in the Academy's defense." Darklighter drew closer and listened intently. "The Emperor has informed me that there is a gap in the sheild. A precise hit will knock out the sheild generator. When this happens the Academy will be free of defene, and the bombers can begin their attack. Understood? Now move!" On his command the soldiers darted round the back of the forest patch into the opening. To his amazement, hidden behind thebunker area, Daklighter saw, was a huge landing site, with ties stationed everywhere. He could have attempted to take them on, but even with his skill, he would be no match against two dozen blaster pistols. He watched the ties take off, the officer climbed aboard an interceptor, it cast a great black shadow as the merciless killing machine thundered overhead. "Admiral Darklighter? Admiral come in!" a muffled voice came from the comlink on his belt. He grabbed and answered it immediately. "Yes, I am here." "Admiral, you must come back at once. The troops have made it into the hanger bay, and we have only just caught sight of Ice Squadron. There is one speeder missing!" the voice was that of a frightened Greedo. Immediately Darklighter ran to the opening entrance and pulled out his small scanner binoculars. Quickly darting from one side of the large open plain to another, towards the mountain region, Darklighter spotted a crashed speeder. A figure had emerged and was now walking towards the mountainous regoin before him. "I see it" he said down the com. The figure was dressed in dark cloak - it was Reb for sure. "I'll meet you back there" he said again. "Hurry Admiral, we need you now!" on that note, he jumped on the speeder and rode off towards the Academy.
 Dath Maximus
07-21-2002, 7:35 AM
am i the only one who seems to be messed up on this place??? ive posted 2 times already and they go under my last post and not at the end of the thread.
 Reb Starblazer
07-21-2002, 8:02 AM
Well, I believe it's the Sith Academy's turn to post. However, if no one does soon, I'll put up another part. I'll more than likely just edit this post. Coming soon: Into the Dark Soon to be seen in fine "Academy Wars" threads everywhere. Oh wait, there's only this one... BTW, nice story Darklighter. Your reference of me worked perfectly, and I'm going to try to find a way to connect my post to yours.
 Darth Talliusc
07-21-2002, 8:17 AM
Darth Talliusc crouched in a dark chamber, he knew the droids would be upon him soon and he had yet to find the lightsaber his master had hidden in the temple grounds. BOOM! a missile launcher shot was fired, Talliusc knew he didnt have much time to get out of the way, he leaped through a nearby window and landed in a garden of zworrip bushes. trying to be as quiet as possible Talliusc crept along the garden edge towards a gatehouse, "my master Divine Spirit is wise and would not let this challenge be easy" thought Talliusc. moments later on the gatehouse roof Talliusc spotted his lightsaber, its beutiful matte black handle glinted in the moonlight on a nearby pedestal. gathering his rage Talliusc leaped high and far along the grounds "the lightsaber is within my grasp, soon. SOON!" he thought desperately. as he approached however he realized that something was amiss. it was a trap. calling the darkside to him, Talliusc absorbed an onslaught of laser blasts from a squadron of droidekka's nearby, using his anger he called the lightsaber to his hand.... snap-HISS!!!! snap-HISS!!!! the double blade extended Talliusc knew no fear, he charged down the droids one by one and cut them to pieces. as the last droid blew apart Talliusc heard laughter "hahaha excellent my young apprentice, you have done well. the jedi will be no match for you". "thank you master, i live only to serve" replied Talliusc "soon when the jedi have committed against our feint attacks, we will launch our true strike, and none shall be left alive" laughing again Divine Spirit seemed to collaesce, and.... dissappear as if he was one with the darkness.
 Divine Spirit
07-21-2002, 8:19 AM
Originally posted by Reb Starblazer Well, I believe it's the Sith Academy's turn to post. However, if no one does soon, I'll put up another part. I'll more than likely just edit this post. I would post but im still enjoying obi-wan13's story! :D Keep the good stories comin' guys!
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 8:27 AM
Reb, do you want to carry on your story? I would carry on mine but I posted my like last. So, does anyone else want to carry on? I'm not sure when Obi-wan will get here you see...
 Reb Starblazer
07-21-2002, 8:37 AM
Another extremly long post by me. Who'd have thunk it?:D Hope you enjoy Talliusc. You too Divine. Reb Starblazer awoke to every nerve in his being screaming out in pain. He pushed open the ****pit of the Speeder, and stood up. He turned around to check on his gunner, Kordkelly, and was surprised to find him gone. "Perhaps he woke up before I did and is already outside. Rather unlikely, but possible" he thought to himself. He stepped onto the speeders wing, and was surprised at how warm it actually was here. It was probably just below freezing temperature, so his jumpsuit was more than warm enough. "Well at least I won't freeze to death." He thought as he jumped down into the snow. That was when he noticed a man in dark robes standing there, staring at him. Reb's hand instinctively went for his Lightsabre, only to find it missing. "Don't worry, I mean you no harm. Yet. I've come to make you an offer, on behalf of my emperor. I am Dark Talliusc, of the Sith Academy." The pale faced man said, lifting his hand to show Reb's Lightsabre in his possesion. "I have no interests in offers from Sith. I know you're kind." Replied Reb. "Indeed. And so you should for you are our kind. I can feel the Dark Side rolling off you. You know that you'll never truly fit in here. You don't belong, not with them" He answered, the last word rolled of his tongue with spite, the blood red tears, tattoed below his eyes, seemed to glow with hate. "No, I don't. I truly don't know where I belong..." Said Reb, as an evil smile spread across Talliusc's face. "But I know where I stand." Reb continued, and Talliusc's smile faded. " Then you stand on the path to destruction. You, and every Jedi that cowers before us, will die. It is your destiny as it is our destiny to rule." Talliusc said, his voice rising. "Everyone dies eventually Sith" Reb spat out the last word with contempt. "But not everyone is lucky enough to die for what they believe in. As for my destiny ... I make my own." Reb finished, reaching behind his back for the blaster that he always kept there, attached to the belt of his flight suit. "Not so fast Traitor." Said Talluisc as he stepped aside, revealing Kordkelly, legs and arms tied, laying on the ground. "I thought something like this would happen, so I planned ahead." He continued. Reb stopped his reach for the blaster, and brought his hand out somewhat, but still close enough to grab it if necessary. "Oh how pathetically Jedi-like of you. Now then, I suggest you reconsider my offer. I may let him live." "Don't do it Reb, you know he'll kill us both" Yelled Kordkelly "Quiet Jedi, or I shall kill you right now. Your time is running out Starblazer. As is his." "My name, is Darth Malice. And you shall soon see why" Said Reb, grabbing his blaster and firing a few shots at Talliusc while he dived behind a snowbank for cover. Talliusc's red Lightsabre snapped to life, and he deflected all the blasts. Reb hoped to draw Talliusc's attention long enough for Kordkelly to get away. Unfortunately, things do not always go to plan. "Come out Traitor. Or your treachery will be paid for with his blood." Talliusc yelled. Reb knew that he had no choice. He stepped out from behind the bank, dropped the blaster and raised his hands. "Ah good." Talliusc said. "Now you can watch him die" Talliusc picked Kordkelly up by the hair, and Reb stared in horror as a red blade pierced through Kordkelly's chest, passing directly through his heart. "No!" Reb yelled. "He was an innocent bystander, your quarrel is with me. Why? "Because you couldn't" Talliusc said calmy as he extinguished his blade. Kordkelly's limp body dropped to the ground. Reb could feel the life drain out of him, becoming one with the Force. "So, what is your answer?" "The same as it was before. I live my life as a warrior, and I am not afraid to die as one." answered Reb, as he started walking towards Talliusc. "And what is a warrior without weapons?" Mocked Talliusc, begining a slow stride towards Reb. The two were about 5 feet apart when Reb spoke. "A warrior still." Reb said, as he jumped into the air and connected with a surprise dropkick to Talliusc's chest, sending him, as well as his and Reb's Lightsabre into the air. Reb was on his feet first, and he rushed at Talliusc, tackling him to the ground. But Talliusc, grabbed Reb's flightsuit, rolled to his back, and threw him over him. Both got up at the same time. Reb and Talluisc faced each other, circling, waiting for the other to make the first move. Talluisc never was one for patience. He threw a punch at Reb, to have it blocked, and blocked one of Reb's in turn. He then spun on his heels, and shoulder threw Reb to the ground. Talliusc raised his foot to stomp on Reb's forehead, but Reb rolled to the side onto his stomach and caught Talliusc with a donkey kick to the face, knocking him on his back. Reb stood up slowly, while Talliusc kickflipped himself up off the ground. Talliusc's eyes shifted, and Reb knew what he was looking at. Talliusc used the force to call his Lightsabre to him, and ignited it. Reb, still unsure as to where his was, backed away, hoping to aviod the deadly strike of the lightsabre. Then he saw it. He saw his Lightsabre a few feet away on the ground. He jumped over Talliusc's swing, and rolled, picking his lightsabre up as he went. He ignited it and turned around in time to block Talliusc's crimson blade with his own light blue. The two fought, blocks and parries abound, until their sabers locked. They pushed against each other, and neither gained leeway, and they split apart. Talliusc, then iginited a second crimson blade, an evil grin crossing his face. Then Reb activated his second blade, a forest green. " Well met Starblazer " "Don't call me that. You have even less right to speak that name then I do." Reb charged at Talliusc, spinning his lightsabre, a barrage of colours, creating a shifting circle of blue and green. Talliusc blocked Reb, and twisted his Lightsabre, hoping to catch Reb in the ribs. But Reb pushed off his inital swing and parried Talliusc's newest attack. Red met blue and green as the two dark siders battled, neither giving way to the other. Then, Talliusc saw his opening. He swung high, and brought his lightsabre down, hoping to catch Reb unaware. Instead, Reb leapt back, but Talliuscs blade cut through his sabre, splitting it into two. Reb, then took one of his sabres, and swiped at Talliusc, but caught his handle and split it. Now, both combatents were armed with two lightsabres. Blade met blade met blade over and over again, never relenting, never resting. Reb attacked low, and Talliusc high, as they simultaineously blocked each other. They each saw their chance. Reb, brought his left hand up, slicing Talliusc's right arm off at the elbow, while Talliusc brought his left blade down, slicing off Reb's right leg below the kneecap. Both fell backwards, lying on the ground in pain. In the process, Reb dropped both of his lightsabres, one of them tumbled down the icy hill. Talliusc stood, holding his right arm, now just a stump. "You will pay dearly for that traitor. You will pay with your life." He started walking towards Reb, lying on the ground, almost defenseless. " Don't judge yourself the winner before the deathblow is dealt." Reb retorted. Talliusc laughed, a disturing sound. "Oh please. Look at you, you have no weapons, you can't even walk. What could you possibly do against me?" Reb strecthed out with the Force, finding his remaining lightsabre, and used the Force to move it. "Improvise" Reb stated coldy. With that, Reb's lightsabre sprang into the air and ignited. It flew toward Talliusc, and pierced right through his heart, the same as Talliusc's had earlier done to Kordkelly. "No" Was all he could whisper, as he staggered towards Reb, crimson blade now ignited. He raised his blade over his head, and fell, right on top of Reb, the blade cutting Reb in half, from the top of his head down. "NO!" Reb yelled as he awoke with a start. It was all a dream. A dream. Or was it a vision? A vision of things to come? His destiny. "No" Reb thought to himself, " I make my own destiny " Reb quickly opened the ****pit and stood up,ignoring his aching body. He turned, relieved to find Kordkelly there, and still alive. He took off his flight suit, wearing the dark tunic and pants that were underneath. He took his cloak, and made sure his Lightsabre was on his belt. He picked Kordkelly up, and placed him over his shoulder. "You're not dieing today, not as long as I can help it" Reb said. With that, he started his long walk back to base, as a TIE Interceptor flew overhead. So, how was that? I hope I put your character to good use Talliusc. And I hope I made him evil enough for your liking:p Just in case you're wondering, I put that TIE Interceptor in there in order to "tie" in with Darklighter's post. Get it, tie? Sheesh, tough crowd:D As for why I like long, person oriented posts. Well, that's what Star Wars is all about. It's about one person's contribution in the grand scheme of things, showing that one person can make a difference, no matter who they are. As for the continuing tales of Reb Starblazer, if you think this was harsh, wait til you see my next post. But that'll be tomorrow. Sometime late tommorrow as I have to work from 9am to 6pm. I look forward to seeing how much this thread changes. BTW, please don't do anything too significant with my character while I'm gone. I have plans, yes, BIG plans for Reb. *Rub's hands together evilly* Well, everyone except Talliusc, he has permission.:D
 Darth Talliusc
07-21-2002, 8:40 AM
He awoke with a start, he flailed out and immediately wished he hadnt, there was a horrible pain all along the outside of his skin, and it felt as if his very bones would burst if he moved again. agony, perfect agony. he looked around and tried to figure out where he was, he was floating upright in a bacta tank in a dark room. little else could be seen. "strange" he thought, most medical centers are brighter then this. his head started to burst with questions: "how did i get here?" "how am i going to get out?" "am i a prisoner of war?". that last thought jarred his memory, war. yes there was a war going on, but he had not been captured, no he would die before be captured, and the enemy wouldnt likely leave him in a room unguarded if they had managed to capture him anyway. what had happened to him? he tried to think of his most recent clear memory... yes, he had been part of the assault on the jedi complex. he hadnt actually fought anyone, or had he? slowly his memory eased back into him and showed him what he had forgotten. he had commanded a section of the invading army's assault and had been angry that he was forbidden to cleave jedi. his master had wanted him there as an observer and director, not a frontline soldier. it was all coming back now, he had watched as a speeder crashed into the ground near his position. there was something special about this speeder, YES. it was the speeder of Reb Starblazer. perhaps, thought the man, i can do my masters bidding sooner than i thought. he reached out with the force and found the unconscious form of Reb, "yes, this will please my master greatly if he can be turned". he connected his very soul to that of Reb, and came to him as if in a dream, to Reb it must have seemed as if this was actually happening. "excellent" he said to himself allowing himself a small smile as he worked himself farther into Reb's mind. he manipulated Reb's thoughts, "hmm, this ones mental defenses are more complex than most jedi, no matter he is unconscious and should pose no problem". "Don't worry, I mean you no harm. Yet. I've come to make you an offer, on behalf of my emporer. I am Dark Talliusc, of the Sith Academy." The pale faced man said, lifting his hand to show Reb's Lightsabre in his possesion. "I have no interests in offers from Sith. I know you're kind." Replied Reb. "Patience, Talliusc scolded himself, he will bend, if not break" "Indeed. And so you should for you are our kind. I can feel the Dark Side rolling off you. You know that you'll never truly fit in here. You don't belong, not with them" He answered, the last word rolled of his tongue with spite, the blood red tears, tattoed below his eyes, seemed to glow with hate. "No, I don't. I truly don't know where I belong..." Said Reb, as an evil smile spread across Talliusc's face. "But I know where I stand." Reb continued, and Talliusc's smile faded, "NO, Talliusc thought to himself, he is unconscious there is no way that he can resist me" he felt the anger swell up in him, but tried to make him appear serene to Reb. Talliusc tried to convince Reb, but his will was iron."Then you stand on the path to destruction" Talliusc added. "You, and every Jedi that cowers before us, will die. It is your destiny as it is our destiny to rule." Talliusc said, his voice rising. Reb was having none of this, thinking quickly with his sith mind Talliusc conjured an image into Reb's brain, he showed him his copilot on the ground, at Talliusc's mercy. over the next few moments Talliusc got more and more discouraged, and more angry as well. "why isnt he bending knee?" thought Talliusc, "he should be groveling for my masters aid by now!". They began to fight. Reb shouldnt be any match for a sithlord in a dreamscape that the sith controls. but alas, this Reb was not normal at all, indeed his mind was one of the most powerful of the jedi, that is why Talliusc was sent to turn him. as the fight drew to a conclusion Talliusc was surprised to see his arm chopped off, in a fit of rage he severed Reb's leg. "it is done, Talliusc thought, he cannot defy me anymore" he slowly sauntered over to where Reb lay, and was shortly impaled by his lightsaber. "NOOOO!!!" this could not happen, before Reb could manage anything else Talliusc cleaved him in half and severed his mental connection. "i have failed, and made the jedi stronger for it." he muttered to himself "CAPTAIN" he yelled "get us out of here, were going back to Coruscant". the rest of his memory was still hazy, if the battle was not real then how did Talliusc get so badly burned? and why was he in a bacta tank? he then saw an image through the bacta, a cloaked figure, an imposing visage even through the bacta... Divine Spirit had come to check on his apprentice. and the final memories clicked into place. when Talliusc had reported his failure to turn the Jedi, the dark emperor had punished him, before Talliusc could even register that an attack was coming he was enveloped in sith lightning. "YOU WILL NOT FAIL ME AGAIN DARTH TALLIUSC!" he spoke the words softly yet they rang in Talliuscs head, his master was not forgiving. quickly his mind snapped back to the present, he raised himself out of the bacta tank as his master stood before him. "Have you learned your lesson Darth Talliusc?" "Yes master, i will not fail you or the order again." even as he spoke he felt terrified, facing an army of jedi would be immensely more pleasant than seeing his master displeased again. a silence hung in the air while Talliusc waited for his master to continue. "very well, im sending you on another mission, you will travel to the system of Kessel and see that its spice mines step up production" his master paused then, "oh and fashion yourself a new lightsaber ive disposed of your old one. Do not fail again Lord Talliusc" he then left, collaescing into the night once more. The ride to kessel was long but it allowed Talliusc to make himself a new weapon, "the jedi wont know what to do when they see this coming" he smiled to himself and thought of what he would do next time he met that cursed Starblazer. so what do you think? sorry about stealing some of your stuff Reb, i just read your amazing story and had to continue it from another perspective. we should continue this rivalry of ours when you return from work tomorrow.
 Darklighter
07-21-2002, 8:42 AM
After riding on the bike for a while, Darklighter was drawing nearer to the Academy. He could see the hanger loom into view over the hill as he descended. But as he came over the ridge, he had to swurve aside to dodge the pile of rubble left from the attack before. A stray piece of metal struck the left engine. It spun out of control, toppling him off the bike and hitting him hard on the ground. He looked up just in time to see his bike crash in into the remains of a turret a hundred feet away. "Dammit!" He shouted to himself. "Looks like I'm going the rest on foot then." As he raised to his feet, Darklighter began to glimpse the sheer horror of what was happening. About him lay the remains of the battle. Huge metal structures obliterated by wespons of destruction. All about the plane in which he stood lay remains of the Emperor's walkers, taken out by Ice Squadron only hours ago. The smoke still rose from the burning engines, the soot black as night against the dark blue midnight sky. He began to walk slowly, facing toward the Academy. It was still far away. He hadn't gone ten steps before hearing a groan of agony to his left. He stopped and looked at the heap of machinery which it came from. "Arrrrggghh!!" came the groan again. Darklighter raced to lift the heavy metal, revealing a figure pinned down underneath. "XERXES!" yelled Darklighter, as he saw his Jedi comrade. "Admiral!" came his desperate response. "Boy, am I glad to see you" "Don't speak...I'll see what I can do" said Darklighter, as he spotted the wound in XERXES' side. It was a large gash, about a few inches wide. "I can help" he said again. XERXES stayed calm, as Darklighter placed his hand over the wound. With the power of the force, he managed to heal it a little. "Hang on" he said to him caringly. "They took him!" said XERXES desperately in a deep breath. "Agen, they took him! To a bunker a few leagues to the west. You have to hurray. Removing his comlink from his belt, Darklighter proceeded to contact the Academy base. "We read you Admiral " said the voice of Greedo no the other end. "Bring ground forces to pick up XERXES. He is injured at the site of the furthest AT-AT from the Adademy. Hurry! I ned to make my way back to the Academy." "But..." Greedo's reply was cut short. Darklighter leant down again. "Just hang on. They'll be here soon." "Good luck" said XERXES smiling. "May the force be with you." Darklighter nodded, and headed towards the Academy. You could sense the presence of his Master, and needed to hurray. There was much to talk about.
 Divine Spirit
07-21-2002, 8:55 AM
Very good story Darth Talliusc....its good to see an apprentice coming along nicely :) u may want to edit ur sig a bit: The shroud of the dark emperor Diving Spirit has fallen. :D oh yeah, dont forget to check out the Sith Academy website! Do you dare to enter? (http://www.angelfire.com/empire/sith_academy)
 obi
07-21-2002, 8:56 AM
Obi-wan walked down the hallway, and Saluted the officers as they walked by. He had to find a way to get out of here, and fast. HE didn't want to ask anyone, that would seem too suspicious. He desided the best thing to do was to roam the hsip, and search for the hanger bay with the force. The emporer knows I'm still alive he thought. I must leave quickly. About an hour later, he found the hangar. The guard walked up to him and said "It's about time you got here! you where supposed to be here an hour ago! Consider yourself on report!" The man said, and walked off. That almost made Obi-wan laugh. He walked around the hangar, and noticed he was the only one there. He found himself a prototype, hyperspace tie interceptor, and went aboard. He looked at the control room guard, and waved his hand. The guard then Walked over to a control panel, and decompressed the hangar bay. Obi-wan flew the tie interceptor out, and Looked at the control panel. He set course for the Academy, and was about to blast to hyperspace, when he got stuck in a tractor beam. A voice came in over the comm. "Hey! YOu there! You do not have clearance to fly this ship!" It was obviously one of the officers on the bridge. "Yes i do. Recconosance on the academy. Ask the Emporer yourself." Obi-wan said, as the tractor beam began to pul him in. Obi-wan turned the fighter, and began to shoot at the Tractor beam. He shot many times, eventually damaging it long enough for him to escape. He then blasted to hyperspace. "My emporer, the jedi has ecape..........." The captain fell to the ground, dead. The emporer didn't even raise his hand, or look at him. He was so powerful, he could kill someone by just thinking of it. ____________________________ The Hyperspace modified
Page: 2 of 2