Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP - Bothan Jedi Master

Page: 3 of 4
 DarkLord60
03-25-2003, 7:49 PM
Hope So.
 Brodin
03-25-2003, 8:18 PM
Hope to see some more work on this one. could be interesting.
 Rebel_Spy
03-25-2003, 8:23 PM
Ronin_Medjai, that Gandalf looks good...congrats to your friend! he seems to have fine modeling skill. A question arise: why your friend never released that awesome model?
 inbredyokel
03-25-2003, 11:46 PM
That looks like Madjai's gandalf model. Is he still doing modeling for JKII?
 Hekx
03-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Bumpity, bump. :D

We need some aliens for JKII. Too many humans. ;)
 Ronin_Medjai
04-09-2003, 1:58 AM
Bump ok My bud said he has started on it but there is a lot of work that needs to be done...mostly with the Bones and Tags or some crap (Im not a modeler) Ill ask him for update pics soon and uploadem to my site.
 .:Solusar:.
04-09-2003, 3:51 AM
Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai
Bump ok My bud said he has started on it but there is a lot of work that needs to be done...mostly with the Bones and Tags or some crap (Im not a modeler) Ill ask him for update pics soon and uploadem to my site.

Ok thanks for the notice. hehe i was just going to ask for any updates. Well anyway i wish this model the best of luck and hope for the best for it. heh. well the bothan model looks good so far, i just can't wait for it to come out!:D
 ronbrothers
04-09-2003, 7:05 AM
Y'know, at first I honestly wasn't all that excited about a Bothan Jedi, hoping to see more true trilogy models like Leia and Jedi Council models, but this would go a long way to add some nice variety to the model collection out there.
 Crowy
04-12-2003, 10:45 AM
any like... updates?... how goes the uvw unwrapping? is bradfu alive?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

TOO MANY QUESTIONS, NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS!!!
04-12-2003, 1:50 PM
Im sure hes alive. Maybe his life is as busy as most of the modelers here in the forums.;) he hasn't been on in some time. But don't fear he will come back and give us what we have asked for.;)
 Hekx
04-12-2003, 2:17 PM
BradFu passed the project over to Tzuriel (Jedi Knight for the clan I'm apart of.)
So I'll ask him how the work's coming along.

I think he may have even handed the project over to Ronin's friend.

Hopefully some screenshots of the progress will be available shortly. ;)
04-12-2003, 2:55 PM
Thanks for the info hekx ;) no wonder no one has seen Bradfu and his forums. Anyway I hope this model will be very good. Im sure it would be since its a Bothan. ;) Anyway I wish the new modeler good luck and hope that this model never dies!
 Shotokan
04-12-2003, 3:28 PM
g'luck man. im jes hoping this project wont die cuz im a big fan of bothans! woohoo!
04-13-2003, 1:26 AM
Bothans are cool, but Jedi Bothans that is a different story. I can't wait for this model too come out, and yes i hope that this model stays alive.
 propaganda1981
06-16-2003, 4:43 PM
hmm...so what's going on with this model? Is somebody still working on it? :confused:
 superracer0022
06-16-2003, 5:12 PM
i hope this model does not die, i love the new species added to the game like the zabrak, dug, twilek, wookiee, jawa, coleman trebor (not sure of his species), gamorriens, and all those other great ones i left out
 Hellfire Jedi
06-16-2003, 6:08 PM
Never EVER wake dead threads. If the modeler either
A: Hasn't posted about it, its dead.
B: If it's far back in the list, its dead.
 KOTORMRJay
09-04-2003, 3:52 AM
Well I got this model some time ago.I was asked to finish or fix it.However for a long time I gave up on it (was not segmented ,errors that kinda a thing,the general issues that you come across with modeling)
Recently however I relaized I could fix most of it by addign the face to a model I was workign on.So yes the project still has some kinda of life to it.Tested it out to day went well.,However one of the other reasosn for the delay is I have very little information or pics of bothan race. If you truly want to see this modle released please send info or contact me asap.I plan to release around ja release(so it can go for both games) it could use a little more T.L.C. but if I don't get more info it will be released as is.As far as pics I will make some up so contact me and i'll send them when i can.
KOTORMRJay
kotormrjay@njgolf.net
 KOTORMRJay
09-04-2003, 4:18 AM
oh by th eway ,tha tis my gandalf model asn yes ti is all original sorry none of it came form your friends ?
I did a private release to the KOTOR clan bu tnever publicly.However I will be releaseing the gandlafs pack (gandlaf the white,gandalf the grey and saruman) along with the bothan and a yoda_hover I made based on kinjas excelent work ,aropund the release of ja. so no worries they will all be out fo rth epublic soon, if you want a early look tell me and ill set up some pics. However gandalfs have changed much ,that pick was old when I gave it to ronin.

KOTORMRJay
kotormrjay@njgolf.net
 Crowy
09-04-2003, 5:48 AM
i would love to see some screenshots personally...
 KOTORMRJay
09-04-2003, 8:37 PM
I am not sure how to post a sc shot here (it says I am not allowed to make attachments). but I did give some to ronin so perhaps he will put them up.if not email me and ill send them
kotormrjay@njgolf.net
KOTORMRJay
 The Cheat
09-04-2003, 9:07 PM
i am so glad that this model is still alive. i had missed this one, it was looking really good when i had last seen it, hope you are able to get it all working good
 CraZy_B
09-06-2003, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by KOTORMRJay
I am not sure how to post a sc shot here (it says I am not allowed to make attachments). but I did give some to ronin so perhaps he will put them up.if not email me and ill send them
kotormrjay@njgolf.net
KOTORMRJay

Maybe someone could host those screenshots for you. When that happens could you lead me to them coz I love Bothans:D

I also love Jedi:D
 Hekx
09-07-2003, 3:12 PM
I can host screenshots.
Send them to me here (hekx@ntlworld.com). ;)
 CraZy_B
09-07-2003, 3:24 PM
Thats great. Now we only need to consult with Jay;)
 KOTORMRJay
09-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Well I just used the link and sent some early photos ,much has already changed ,from now to when the picks were taken but it should give a good idea of what I am working on.
KOTORMRJay
 KOTORMRJay
09-07-2003, 11:41 PM
opps repeat reply
 Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Not trying to come off like a jerk, but what programs do you use/do you know how to rig a model?
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 1:54 AM
what do you mean "rig" ? and I actualy use many different programs ,some for skinning ,some for maping ,some for modeling ,and combinations and co ops out of all of them.What part are you interested in ?
 Crowy
09-08-2003, 2:15 AM
hes saying do you realise it wont get in game unless you or someone you know has 3d studio max and knows how to do weighting etc
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 2:20 AM
Well as soon as pics go up you will notice it is already in game and doing well. All I am doing now is ajusting some z fighting and touching up on final skins.
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 2:27 AM
Maby my avitar will help.It is of a slightly old pick but it is the blue skin ,adn was taken as a death pick in game,at current moment the blue skin is hooded.
 Crowy
09-08-2003, 2:44 AM
lookin nice :D
 CraZy_B
09-08-2003, 4:10 PM
Alright mr Hekx. It's about time you gave us a link to those screenies:naughty:
 rolyat
09-08-2003, 4:10 PM
Yep, very good work. Don't forget that Bothans are, more or less, 1.50 meter tall =)
 CraZy_B
09-08-2003, 4:27 PM
Really? I thought they were around 2 meters tall.:o Thanks for the info rolyat
 Hekx
09-08-2003, 4:41 PM
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 5:06 PM
Hmmm , I was not aware of any size difference. Much like yoda that may pose issues if we are talking a small species. However un like yoda_hover (soon to be publicly released a old private release is still up on kotor site) This can not be resolved by creating a hover chair.It may have to wait untill a mod is used to modify size.
Now for the good news .I am almost done with the skinning.
This model has had a long time in coming ,from its original start ,to its multiple transfers of modelers ,to its eventual winding up with me ,to its scraping of the model by me ,to its final rekindeled intrest and almsot compleat rebuild.To finally done!!
It has many extras in it ,mainly for skiners. I have set it up so that you can virtualy create a entire race of bothans from this model. It is looking like I have solved most of the z fighting issues (visable above) and added a hidden skin as well.For a total of 4 but countless others are possible. ( you'll see ).But the one thing I am really lacking is sounds , any one have any ideas or rare recordings that are approiate , or for that matter even rare "quotes" to use in the bot files ?

KOTORMRJay
 rolyat
09-08-2003, 5:18 PM
Well, I will give, all of you more informations about the Bothan species in a couple of hours... Time to get my books! =)
 Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 5:58 PM
1337ness.
 CraZy_B
09-08-2003, 6:26 PM
:eek:
It looks great ingame though i'd rather prefer a bit lighter fur.
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 6:47 PM
For a reference those are not the actual skins (besides the face) they were just images I used when qvmapping. The only part left to skin is the "hair" (will be multiple colors if I have the time , and I still need to skin the inner robe (the one that here appers grey) The outer robe has been skinned to a dark brown ,the hair ties to a goldish color , and the belt to a off brown/gold color as well. The hip extras are still a basic yellow (the weave that the outer robe is in the above pics.) I am still uncertain how much work I am going to be able to put into the hair though.I would kinda like to do the "transparent" hair tech. done on the wookie model however I am not sure if I have the time to set it up,we will see.
But please keep the comments coming and any sugestions on the hair or inner robe colors ( for they are as of yet not skinned ,I did test a brown hair out and so far the brown hair has my vote ) (As I mentioned before I am not very knoledgable when it comes to bothans.so feel free to sugest any knoledge based facts or info.) Thanks again for the interest in my models.

KOTORMRJay
 rolyat
09-08-2003, 6:47 PM
For the voices... Hum... Maybe we should cast someone, and add some effects... But I will see a voice like a lion in Lion King!

Concerning the specy:
They are in average 1.6 meter.
Personality: manipulative, crafty, suspicious and curious by nature. They are loyal and brave.
Physical Description : are covered with fur (if I am not wrong Borsk Fey'lya has some purple in the fur) which ripples in response to their emotional state. They have tapered, pointed ears and both males and females sport beards.
Languages: they speak Bothanese and Basic
Age: child: 1-11 ; young adult: 12-16; adult: 17-45; middle age: 46-65; old: 66-84; venerable: 85+

Source: WoC's Ultimate Alien Anthology
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 6:57 PM
hmm , that is a interesting development. I was unaware that the females had beards too. kinda weird ? well if I was to make a female version ,would you the jk2/3 public prefer her with or without a beard ? (maby its just me but it brings back circus memories of the "bearded lady")
And as far as the hight ,I am rusty with my metric conversions but we are talking about a creature a little bigger than yoda yes?
As far as the sounds I can record a voice talent fo rit but I dont have access to a voice talent such as was used in the "lion king" and on top of it my recordign equimptment is not what it shoudl be ,I may for now leave it as defaults ,but I'd like to avoid that if possible . Does any one have a recording of any bothan sounds? like from other starwars games or anything?
P.S. thansk fo rthe assitance in info !!

KOTORMRJay
 rolyat
09-08-2003, 7:13 PM
More or less the same size as Leia, Yoda is more 60 centimeters (hu... 2 feet i think).
Beard female Bothan? Hum... Why not ! ;o)
 Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 7:16 PM
Hey, BTW, 2 Q's for you.
1. When the model is ready, would you need a beta tester? ;)
2. Whats the KOTOR website?
 rolyat
09-08-2003, 7:41 PM
KotorMRJay: you're welcome! :)

Concerning the sound, except in SWGalaxies, there is no playable character as Bothan in any other games. But you can see them in Rebellion, as a team of spy I think.
I am wondering why my SW avatar is a Bothan! LOL
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 7:43 PM
1: Well at current moment I am beta testign it as well as soem of the kotors but perhaps I will allow you a beta test :)

2: The kotor web site is currently under much disrepair ,but I hope to repair it soon ,I do have two models up on it a relic beta of the gandalf pack (even missing a model) and a relic version of the yoda_hover as well. I will give the link but for now I do forbid the resending of the gandalf or the yoda models ,I will be publicly releasing them very soon.And if you do play with them please rember where they came from :)
( P.S. These betas were only released to inlist some help , you know to get a rise out of them ,and the idea with the redo of the excelent work kinja did ,was for "nopatchers" whom do not have access to the "mods" , so it is a "PRE SIZED" yoda no mod required ,but there are some z fighting it is the price you pay for size)
http://www.geocities.com/kotor1warriors)

more or less this site is just not done and way to graphic.I will be redoing it for them once I have some free time come up.But at least you can get a preiview of thigns to come.But sadly it is a geo site so it is very limited to files less than 5 megs so most of the really good models are not nor will be put on the site ,sadly same is true of the maps. But most will be publicly released soon.

Rember no rereleasing of the stuff !! if you want to dl it thats cool and if your friends want to dl it that is cool too but for now it is only avaliable on the kotor site and as a relic of a beta.But if you do like the betas tell me and I may put a little more effort in to final tweaks on them before the full release.(ps gandalf works best with the sword mod I made ,at jk3files.com , lotor sword pack or somethign like that.)

KOTORMRJay
 Hellfire Jedi
09-08-2003, 8:21 PM
Well, the site is down ATM.
If you need a beta tester for ANYTHING of your stuff, you tell me. Because I like it. :o
 KOTORMRJay
09-08-2003, 8:32 PM
Thats why I need to rebuild it geocities are way to lame. To many downloads today is what it means.But if you try again later i am sure sooner or later you will see it up.
KOTORMRJay
Page: 3 of 4