Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Config files?

Page: 1 of 1
 JoezCool2
07-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Hi guys a couple questions regarding the config files, I have the server.cfg and rcon.cfg and autoexec.cfg

I am pretty sure I have screwed one of these up, my server is still running but will crash on map change sometimes.

Questions: Is there a way I can have my rcon info saved locally on my pc so I dont have to enter rconaddress and rconpassword everytime I want to change a map or something?

I have reduced my rcon.cfg file to the following

rconaddress 208.218.214.103:28070
rconpassword "password"

rcon.cfg is on server and in my local base dir

even if it is executed at start, seems it wont save my info, I still have to type it in.
rcon info is also in my server.cfg file aswell

Next Question: I have 13 new ctf maps, some of which are buggy, all have worked and have been played, but randomly
the server will crash on map change with the following errors:

ERROR: SpawnEntities: no entities

^1Error: BotLibShutdown: bot library used before being setup

can I disable bots in my server.cfg?

my server.cfg file here: http://joezcool2.no-ip.com/server.txt)
my autoexec.cfg here: http://joezcool2.no-ip.com/autoexec.txt)

rcon config is the 2 lines listed above, thanx for any info

let me know if my cfg files are wrong
 MatrixCPA
07-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Are all these config files on the server? or is the rcon one on your client box? what about the autoexec.cfg? Both autoexec and rcon.cfg look like they belong on your client box.
 JoezCool2
07-08-2002, 12:48 PM
I believe they are on both the server and my pc, in the base dir

ERROR: SpawnEntities: no entities

^1Error: BotLibShutdown: bot library used before being setup

ever seen those errors? do you have any idea what would cause them?

my server has been crashing every 3 maps today, I just shut it down. :(
 MatrixCPA
07-09-2002, 12:43 AM
Do you have bots enabled on your server? I suspect that the custom maps do not have spawn points for bots and thus when the server tries to add them, it encounters the error.
 JoezCool2
07-09-2002, 1:01 PM
is there a command to permanently disable bots, they are worthless on new maps anyway, no new map I have seen yet fot CTF has had bot support. the only reason I would like just 1 bot on at all times would be to add 1 user on my server for those that have view empty servers turned off
 MatrixCPA
07-09-2002, 4:26 PM
If I remember correctly, bots do not show up in the server list as players. Thus, a server with just 1 bot and no human players still shows up as empty. I haven't personally tested this with JK2 (since I don't use bots) but it was the case with other Q3 based games that I've administered. I believe you can disable bots using:

seta bot_enable "0"
 JoezCool2
07-10-2002, 3:33 AM
K thanks, although I have joined many rooms that says 4 players (after refresh list) and they were all bots, who want to play against bots only? I am outta there

As far as I know, all players listed with a ping rate of 0 are bots.
 Vlaktor
07-10-2002, 8:11 AM
You are wrong in assuming that all players with a 0 ping are bots. If somebody is playing on the server, their ping will usually be less than 5. And yes, sometimes 0.
 JoezCool2
07-11-2002, 3:37 AM
All bots have 0 pings, check and see yourself...
Page: 1 of 1