Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Apprentices: PC Thread

Page: 1 of 1
 DashRendar
07-01-2002, 7:10 AM
Ok it looks like most didn't like my old RPG so I'm starting a new Campaign!

Like the name implys it's a Jedi game. Pretty much the only thing things that are neccessary are Pilot, and a Level 5 Jedi PC.

Campaign Storyline:

First of all this is an AU Game.

Chancellor Palpatine has been caught abusing his power and has been kicked out. Bail Antillies is now the Chancellor, and the first thing he does is request that the Jedi Council do what it can to rejuvenate (ooooooo big word) the Jedi Order. Well the first thing the Council decides on is to drop the "1 Apprentice" Law.

Jedi Master Shenn Jrulen has taken on ~however many of you sign up~ apprentices.

This campaign follows them on their path to Jedi Knights.

I already have 2 recruits and I want at least 4, but no more than 6. I hope this is more successful than my last try...
 Tie Guy
07-01-2002, 7:24 AM
I'll do it, if i can. I've never made a jedi PC before though so i'll need some help.

Oh, and whats AU?
 DashRendar
07-01-2002, 7:29 AM
HA!!!! I told you RedWing!

I didn't know what it meant either.

It means Alternate Universe, basically What If.

And Tie Guy, I'll be on MSN pretty much from 9 AM to 4 PM EST on MSN tommorow.

Just IM me spader89@ptdprolog.net
 Redwing
07-01-2002, 7:34 AM
Erm...*signs up*

I don't have a PC made yet tho...as you well know :p
 Artoo
07-01-2002, 7:52 AM
My first venture into the world of RPG. Thank you Dash for the help. And I have a character ready.

Chiso Teralyne: Adult Male Barabel, Jedi Guardian 5; Init -2 (-2 Dex); Def 16 (-2 Dex, +5 Class, +3 Species); Spd 10m; VP/WP 60/14; Atk +3 ranged (by weapon), +7 melee (1d3+2, punch), +7 melee (3d8+2, crit 19-20, Lightsaber); SQ Claws, Darkvision, Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1), Ferocious attack, Increase Lightsaber damage +1d8, Lightsaber Damage +1d8, Primitive, Radiation resistance, Tail; SV Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 15, Dex 7, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 15.
Equipment: All-Temperature cloak, Aquata Breather, Credit Chip, Grappling Spike Launcher, Lightsaber, Liquid Cable Dispenser x2, Utility Belt
Skills: Intimidate +11, Jump +6, Pilot +6, Read/Write Barabel, Speak Barabel, Speak Basic, Spot +2
Force Skills: Battlemind +9, Force Strike +9, Heal Self +6
Feats: Athletic, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, primitive weapons, simple weapons)
Force Feats: Alter, Control, Force Pilot, Sense
 Tie Guy
07-01-2002, 9:25 AM
ok, heres my character. Many thanks to Dash for helping me:

*see below*

I'm still working on a name
 Wraith 5
07-01-2002, 10:45 PM
Yea a new guy!!!!!!!!!!

I will join if you need more people.... But i don't want to bump anyone out
 DashRendar
07-02-2002, 12:17 AM
You can Join, Wraith. If I get more than 6 recruits I'll take them. Well either that or kick you out. So don't worry.;)

Well the first mission will be on Kessel, I think you oughtta get what we'll be doing there...;)
 Boba Rhett
07-02-2002, 1:23 AM
Boba Rhett: Adult Male Human, Jedi Consular 5; Init +0 (+0 Dex); Def 15 (+0 Dex, +5 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 55/12; Atk +3 ranged (by weapon), +4 melee (1d3+1, punch), +5 melee (2d8+1, crit 19-20, Lightsaber); SQ Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1, Extend Defense and Attack); SV Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +6; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 11.
Equipment: Aquata Breather, Electrobinoculars, Grappling Spike Launcher, Lightsaber, Liquid Cable Dispenser x2, Utility Belt
Skills: Appraise +6, Listen +6, Pilot +8, Read/Write Basic, Repair +8, Speak Barabel, Speak Basic, Spot +6
Force Skills: Enhance Ability +9, Enhance Senses +10, Force Strike +10, Heal Self +8
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Starship Operation (starfighter), Trustworthy, Weapon Focus (Lightsaber), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

SABER:

Obi-Wan Kenobi 1st Handle, Red blade, Adjustible Blade: .7m, 1.3m, 2m

Accesories - Calling Beacon, Stun Damage, Force Activated

Done all by myself. :D J/K! Thanks Dash! :rhett:
 DashRendar
07-02-2002, 1:35 AM
Yay 5 recruits! OK Wraith I've been letting people get up to 2000 Credits worth of material.
 darthfergie
07-02-2002, 4:49 AM
Mesa Joinin yousin boombad party!

Name: Jec Sporkwind
Species: Adult Male Clawdite
Class: Jedi Consular 5
Stats: Init +2 (+2 Dex); Def 17 (+2 Dex, +5 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 50/15; Atk +5 ranged (by weapon), +6 melee (1d3+3, punch), +7 melee * (2d8+3, crit 19-20, Lightsaber); SQ Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1, Extend Defense and Attack), Skin-changer; SV Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 16, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 13.
Equipment: 700 credits, Aquata Breather, Electrobinoculars, Grappling Spike Launcher, Lightsaber, Liquid Cable Dispenser x2, Utility Belt
* Jec Sporkwind has constructed his own Lightsaber.
Skills: Astrogate +8, Disable Device +8, Disguise +5, Hide +6, Pilot +10, Read/Write Clawdite, Speak Basic, Speak Clawdite, Spot +8
Force Skills: Affect Mind +9, Enhance Ability +10, Force Stealth +9, Telepathy +12
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Shapeshifter, Starship Operation (starfighter), Trustworthy, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)
Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense

Lightsaber: Ki-Adi Mundi Handle, Purple, Length=1.2m, Double Click Switch
Specials:Call Beacon(This device will summon a ship with a slave circuit like a regular call beacon, only the button is embedded in the handle of the lightsaber.)
Water-Proof Casing(While still not reliable for functioning underwater, this will allow a lightsaber to be carried normally on aquatic journeys, without the necessity of removing the power pack.)
Silenced (By adjusting the crystals within the blade, and adding a few special ones to reduce noise, some lightsabers have been reduced to a nearly noiseless blade, making only the faintest whisper of a noise when activated.).
Cell Recognizer (This device is used to modify a lightsaber such that it will not function for anyone except certain people)
 DashRendar
07-02-2002, 4:55 AM
OK guys sinse you have all made your saber, I'll allow you to choose any 3 things from this this link (to be posted later) cannot be a Doublesider or a short saber, but you can use anything else there, except for crystals.

Calling Beacons are a must, so I'm making them free.

http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=588) <-----Link

O and Redwing as a penalty for having 2 sabers, you may only choose 2 and both sabers must be the same.
 Tie Guy
07-02-2002, 7:17 AM
Ok, Dash, here's my NEW character! J/k, all i did was change my age by a year to get rid of that nasty age penalty. I'm now an "adult" instead of "young adult" :D Still thinking of a name.

Oh, and were we supposed to assign the 1st level, 3rd level, and Jedi Guardian bonus feats?
 DashRendar
07-02-2002, 7:26 AM
whatever you want, it's your character after all. O and BTW even with your old character. You are the Best Pilot, TG.
 Artoo
07-02-2002, 7:27 AM
I get to specify my lightsaber! YAY!

Mace Windu handle, purple blade.

Accesories - Calling Beacon, Water-proof case, Cell recognizer, (it's mine, no one else's!) and lock on trigger.

I've always wanted my lightsaber to say B.M.F. on it. :D
 Tie Guy
07-02-2002, 7:54 AM
Originally posted by DashRendar
whatever you want, it's your character after all. O and BTW even with your old character. You are the Best Pilot, TG.

Woohooo! hehe. Actually, i'm only 16. And I always wanted to be a pilot when i was a kid............

Anyway, i actually would have liked to make a sniper player but i didn't think that would be very becoming of a jedi. :D

I choose Calling Beacon, Cell Recognizer, Pressure-Grip, and Water Proof Casing. Its white (like Corran's, not light blue like Ben's.) and normal length.

Oh, and i'm also the group's computer person so far i see...
 darthfergie
07-02-2002, 11:00 AM
I'll edit my Character post and put my lightsaber there...

Hey guys he said calling beacon was free...and remember you still get three in addition.

@Tie Guy- You may be the group's comp person, but I've got the stealth. ShapeShifting, disguise, Force Stealth, Hide, Disable Device, silenced lightsaber, and spot.

Not that I'm bragging or anything;) :D ...I like my character, what can I say :D

(BTW, thanx for PC Gen Dash. It's pretty neat to experiment with.)
 DashRendar
07-02-2002, 8:50 PM
OK Guys, we've got a full game now, and as soon as Wraith posts his PC and Redwing chooses a name so I can post his, I'll get someone to close this thread and we can start the Chat Thread.
 Wraith 5
07-02-2002, 9:42 PM
Devdel : Adult Male Human, Jedi Consular 4/Jedi Investigator 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Def 16 (+1 Dex, +5 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 40/12; Atk +4 melee (1d3+1, punch), +4 melee (2d8+1, crit 19-20, Lightsaber), +4 ranged (by weapon); SQ Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +2), Profile, Target bonus +1; SV Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8; SZ M; FP: 6; Rep: +2; Str 13, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 17, Cha 15.
Equipment: All-Temperature cloak, Aquata Breather, Atmosphere canister/filter (for breath mask) x2, Breath Mask, Comlink, DataPad, Glow rod, Lightsaber
Skills: Bluff +8, Computer Use +7, Craft (lightsaber) +12, Diplomacy +6, Gather Information +12, Pilot +5, Read/Write Basic, Search +9, Sense Motive +12, Speak Basic, Spot +4
Force Skills: Affect Mind +7, Battlemind +5, Enhance Senses +13, Farseeing +10, Illusion +6, Move Object +10, See Force +13, Telepathy +8
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Sharp-eyed, Starship Operations(Starfighter), Trustworthy, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)
Force Feats: Alter, Aware, Control, Link, Sense

Devdel has made his own lightsaber with a few extra features...

Devdel's lightsaber: Tri-Phase lightsaber (.5m, 1.3m, 2m), Force trigger with pressure plate, call beascon (simple) Color: Silver. (this lightsaber has a storge type compartment, this compartment is for another upgrade to be added at a later time.)
 Tie Guy
07-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
I'll edit my Character post and put my lightsaber there...

Hey guys he said calling beacon was free...and remember you still get three in addition.

@Tie Guy- You may be the group's comp person, but I've got the stealth. ShapeShifting, disguise, Force Stealth, Hide, Disable Device, silenced lightsaber, and spot.

Not that I'm bragging or anything;) :D ...I like my character, what can I say :D

Thats good, we'll probably need a lot of diversity. I think we'll be split up at first but i'm sure we'll meet up.

EDIT: Ok, this is my, final, final character:

Dyn Westl: Adult Male Human, Jedi Guardian 5; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Def 19 (+4 Dex, +5 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 60/15; Atk +6 melee (1d3+1, punch), +6 melee (3d8+1, crit 19-20, Lightsaber), +9 ranged (by weapon); SQ Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1), Increase Lightsaber damage +1d8; SV Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +7; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 13, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 11.
Equipment: All-Temperature cloak, Aquata Breather, Comlink, DataPad, Energy Cell x5, Flight suit, Glow rod x5, Lightsaber
Skills: Astrogate +7, Computer Use +15, Disable Device +8, Move Silently +8, Pilot +15, Read/Write Basic, Speak Basic
Force Skills: Affect Mind +8, Enhance Ability +5, Enhance Senses +7, Farseeing +8, Force Stealth +4, Heal Self +4, Move Object +12
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Skill Emphasis (Computer Use, Pilot), Starship Operation (starfighter), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)
Force Feats: Alter, Control, Sense
 DashRendar
07-02-2002, 11:04 PM
Well here's our newest recruit's PC:

Kenji: Adult Male Kel Dor, Jedi Guardian 5; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Def 16 (+1 Dex, +5 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP -/10; Atk +6 ranged (by weapon), +7 melee (1d3+2, punch), +7 melee (3d8+2, crit 19-20, Lightsaber); SQ Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1), Gas Breather, Increase Lightsaber damage +1d8, Lightsaber Damage +1d8, Low-light vision; SV Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +6; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 15, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 11.
Equipment: 1100 credits, Aquata Breather, Credit Chip, Electrobinoculars, Lightsaber, Utility Belt
Skills: Craft (Lightsabers) +9, Intimidate +5, Jump +7, Pilot +8, Read/Write Kel Dor, Speak Barabel, Speak Basic, Speak Kel Dor
Force Skills: Enhance Ability +8, Enhance Senses +11, Move Object +10
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Lightning Reflexes, Quickness, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)
Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Sense

if you don't know our newest recruit is Bobo Fart.

OK boba now just make your lightsaber
 Bobo Fart
07-02-2002, 11:38 PM
Hey people im new to this PC stuff and all so if i stuff up in anyhting please help me out.

Well here is my lightsaber

Water-Proof Casing, Silenced, Concealed Compartment and Call Beacon. With a Blue blade
 Boba Rhett
07-03-2002, 12:55 AM

Tie Guy
07-03-2002, 3:02 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Red?!? What are you, a Sith?

"Mmmm....fear, anger, red saber blades, the dark side are they." :D
 DashRendar
07-03-2002, 3:05 AM
It was originally Crimson, which I like bettter....use Crimson Rhett.
 Redwing
07-03-2002, 9:11 AM
Rey Adi Seyah: Adult Male Zabrak (Note: I said his species was Zabrak, and somehow it ended up Human; I changed it back, but I don't know what that will affect), Jedi Guardian 5; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Def 17 (+2 Dex, +5 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 55/12; Atk +7 melee (1d3+2, punch), +7 ranged (by weapon), +8 melee (3d8+2, crit 19-20, Lightsaber); SQ Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1), Increase Lightsaber damage +1d8, Lightsaber Damage +1d8; SV Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +4; SZ M; FP: 0; Rep: +2; Str 15, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 10.
Equipment: Aquata Breather, Lightsaber x2, Utility Belt, Electrobinoculars, Comlink
Skills: Astrogate +6, Balance +10, Computer Use +8, Pilot +10, Read/Write Basic, Speak Barabel, Speak Basic, Spot +3
Force Skills: Force Strike +10, Jump +9, See Force +7
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Power Attack, Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Lightsaber), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Lightsabers: One green, one purple.

Special (both sabers same): Call beacon, syntherope dispenser and grapple launcher on the end.

Question: Is it possible to have a speeder?
 Wraith 5
07-03-2002, 10:25 AM
OK jedi listen up... ;)

I have a little information about the deflect featur on your pcs

when used deflect gives you a bonus to defence, makeing it harder for someone to hit you.

How it works for you, you tell dash that you are going to use deflect, he adds your deflect bonus to your defence.

Now the cost of useing this is that you can't move on your next turn (saying that your next turn is still during an attack)

everyone got it?

Good
 Tie Guy
07-03-2002, 10:42 AM
Got it, but how big is the defense bonus?

Oh, and can we please continue the Strange Things RPG too, it seems that most people have forgotten it.
 DashRendar
07-03-2002, 8:26 PM
OK Guys looks like we're ready to start the chat thread. Would the first moderator that sees this plz close this thread.

Man I never knew that tired fingers typed so slow.....
Page: 1 of 1