Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

where to store thing and live.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Ride
06-27-2002, 2:12 AM
I was thinking, if you had a land speeder or x-wing, maybe you can store it at the house or what ever you live at. Maybe have a 2-3 story house, where the roof can open of something, where you can land your X-wing or what ever. Maybe have a garage or something for a land speeder.

Also, when you die, I think there should be maybe a day limit or something, then you respawn at your house.

When you log out, I think you should be able to sit in your craft and not loose it.

I also think that the "lots" that we get when we play, they should be big enough to store a land speeder and have a house.........

Also, how will we earn money? Maybe be a taxi and take people around, or something. And, how will we get pets? Do we have to buy them or just find them and beat them enough were they cant kill you.
 Thew Rydur
06-27-2002, 5:47 AM
Well it really all depends on what you are for how you make money. If you own a store you'll get money there. If your an Imp soldier than you'll get paid. Bounty hunters get money for killing/capturing their target and smugglers get money for smuggling goods. So there are many different ways to make money.

As for pets I'm pretty sure you can buy them from people that train them. Of course you can train them yourself to, but you will have to invest in that skill if you wish to do so. Droids are also pets and they can be bought or made.
 setsuko
06-27-2002, 7:38 PM
Hmm.. with a starting character, I guess your main income will be missions. Some will be short (you can complete it in less than 5 minutes) and some will be long (days:)). Though, if you start learning crafts like droid construction or animal training, I guess that can eventually turn into your major income. We'll have to wait for a while before we know how prosperous these two ways of income are.
 Ride
06-28-2002, 2:22 AM
Well, thanks for the info on the money thing. But my main question was if we can have a roof open or something were we can store our flying craft. Or if we can have a garage to store our land speeder or something.
 Thew Rydur
06-28-2002, 3:39 AM
I don't know about the garage thing but you won't have to worry about having a place for your ship for a awhile, since they won't come out till the Space exp. Garages are a good idea though...
 Gaelin Masek
06-28-2002, 4:34 AM
Somehow I dont think there are gonna be too many taxi drivers Ride.

And you can't be serious about a day wait after you die. There would be an outcry! If you lead a dangerous career and kept dying then you would spend most of your monthly $10 waiting to bloody respawn.

How can you earn money? Be a miner, mine minerals and sell them. Be a weapons or droid manufacturer, sell them. Be an operative or slicer, sell your services to PA's and factions.

Need I go on..
 JekRendar
07-02-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Ride
I was thinking

Congratulations!

I was also thinking...(about devious ways to...) Nevermind....
 Ride
07-02-2002, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by JekRendar

Congratulations!

I was also thinking...(about devious ways to...) Nevermind....

NICE SPAM POST THERE BUDDY!

Anyway, dont post pointless things like that to try and make yourself look good, doesn't help.

Anyway, still no replies on how we are going to store things..........
 setsuko
07-02-2002, 5:02 PM
I guess that is because noone has any clue about how spaceships etc will be stored! :)
 Old_Ben
07-03-2002, 7:50 AM
Mabey you could pay to have your ship stored somewhere like the docking bays on Tatooine.
 setsuko
07-03-2002, 7:56 AM
Yup. Having your own hangar should be quite expensive.
 JekRendar
07-03-2002, 9:17 AM
Originally posted by Ride
NICE SPAM POST THERE BUDDY!

Anyway, dont post pointless things like that to try and make yourself look good, doesn't help.

*hold it back...don't flame*

hey buddy, I'm not the one asking dumb, over repeated questions that can be answered the in FAQs and OFs!?!

Geez!
 Koffin
07-03-2002, 3:27 PM
wow, and to think...I had nothing to do with that.....:eek:

anyways...

my guess is you will have two choices about storage, one being in the form of a house, and the other being in the form of a "bank" type establishment. These storage areas will only be for small items.

As for ship storage, I dont see them going big into atmospheric flight untill way after (if at all) the space expansion comes out so storage will not be necessary. I imagine all planet side landings and takeoffs will be automatic and storage will not be an issue.

As for mid size items such as speeders and swoops, the only storage idea I can guess at would be to attach it right out side your house, or hotel like you would a horse.

All in all, the devs have ben adament about not being able to steel ships so the storage thing is more of a "game feel" issue rather then a "game mechanics" feel.

Oh and Ride, chill with Jek...he didnt mean anything by it. Browse around the forum and youl find that subtle bits at humor are kind of the norm around here.

oh yeah....almost forgot.

you sounded like you got upset when no one would answer your question, but......

Well, thanks for the info on the money thing. But my main question was if we can have a roof open or something were we can store our flying craft. Or if we can have a garage to store our land speeder or something.

That isn't exactly phrased in the form of a question that will spark debate. Basicly the only way we can answer that is if we will or will not let you have a roof etc...etc....

Try rephrasing, like ask us what we think of the idea or something.

And try question marks, they help to ya know......

But then you post and this is weird,
or maybe its just your anger coming through...

Anyway, still no replies on how we are going to store things..........

But Thew Rydur posted right after the first one with:

I don't know about the garage thing but you won't have to worry about having a place for your ship for a awhile, since they won't come out till the Space exp. Garages are a good idea though...

I guess you must have missed that one huh?

Oh well,
I guess you will figure it out sooner or later,
but just be careful who you lash out on around here.

They just might have a lot of friends who lash back.
 Ride
07-03-2002, 4:03 PM
I considered his post to try and offend me. I know that was wrong from me, but it seemed totally out of place that it was being directed toward me. I do not like that.

I do not care if he has "friends" who can lash at me. Its not like they will know who I am on the game, so I could care less.

Thew Rydur never really gave me a dirrect answer, just a "maybe", which is okay.....

I also looked in the FAQ and asked that in the FAQ, yet no replies. I looked in the FAQ and didn't find it, all I saw was if you could put curtains up on your windows and stuff like that. Not WHERE we will store our vehicals.

I dislike the fact that you all are basically calling me a "n00b". I maybe new to these specific boards, but not new to the MMORPG world. So, if you dont like my posts and want to make fun of me, which is spam, be my guest.

Anyway, I suggest this be closed since this topic has provid enough info for people.............
 Koffin
07-03-2002, 4:06 PM
who called you a n00b?

oh and from the FAQ

9.03 What will happen to my vehicles when I log out?
Vehicles are planned to stick around for a while if left unattended, but not forever. The safe way to keep hold of your vehicle is to store it, and we're going to provide ways to do that.

Here is a link
Star Wars Galaxies FAQ (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/features/faq_pages/faq_9.jsp)

I know its a little vague, but if they wont tell us, we cant tell you...

Im still not sure of the intent of your question though. Is it an open ended question designed to create further discussion, or are you actually asking us if they will or will not have what you ask? At first, I thought you just wanted discussion and may have misworded your question, but now Im beginning to think you ARE looking for a direct answer.

:eek: light bulb just went on!

Hey bud, you do know this place isnt the official Dev Forum dont you?
 Ride
07-04-2002, 5:04 AM
I know it isn't the "Official" forum. I went and asked in the FAQs on the official SWG site. I still have not received and comments on it yet though. I read that in the FAQ a long time ago, and my purpose of this thread to see what people thought of my idea. I understand that if I own a vehical, that it will stick around, but when I have to be gone for a certain amount of time, it will be gone when I get back. They said they will provide storage for us, but we will have to rent out space for our crafts. That is why I was suggesting thing like a garage and all that.
 Koffin
07-04-2002, 1:07 PM
Your right, they are being mysterious about how they plan to have it stored. In the game footage we have, I havent seen anything like a garage attached to the homes so I would guess that it hasnt been implamented yet. They tend to be mysterious about stuff they havent thought of yet.....

My guess is that it will be a community storage area like a stable in other MMRPG's. And player created cities will be able to construct their own "stables"
Page: 1 of 1