Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

jango's helmet....boba's too??

Page: 1 of 1
 natwa whitta
06-10-2002, 2:07 PM
A question that has most likely been asked, but, is jango's helmet you know, the one boba picked up after he died, the same one he uses in ESB? is it painted diff? let's get your opinions.... :fett:
 Rogue Nine
06-10-2002, 2:56 PM
I don't know if Boba would do that. Perhaps Jango had a spare one. His armor's coloration was pretty different from that of his father's. But to have to pull your dad's head out of his helmet and then use it....that's gotta be galling, no matter who you are.
 ET Warrior
06-11-2002, 2:07 PM
it did fall out, thas for sure.....and i think that it IS the helmet boba uses, because i believe there is a dent in it at the same place........i'll have to see ep 2 again to be sure though.
 shAOLin
06-11-2002, 7:29 PM
I heard somewhere that it's the same armor. By the time we actually see Boba in ESB and RotJ, it's old and worn, hense the color change:cool:
 Vestril
06-11-2002, 8:26 PM
It seems kind of unlikely...Boba's armor seems much harder, like metal plated, whereas Jango's seems to be able to bend and flex...
 MotionMan
06-11-2002, 8:59 PM
Originally posted by Vestril
It seems kind of unlikely...Boba's armor seems much harder, like metal plated, whereas Jango's seems to be able to bend and flex...

Aluminum alloy didnt exist in the 70's only steel:cool:
 Vestril
06-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by MotionMan

Aluminum alloy didnt exist in the 70's only steel:cool:

Doesn't change the point that the armor would have to be different ;)
 gorganfloss
06-11-2002, 10:58 PM
:fett: :jango: It probably wasn't cause there were alot more Mandalorians with that armor.:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:
 Jaster21801
06-11-2002, 11:46 PM
Well, I know in the EU (sorry for bringing it up), Boba Fett has a couple sets of his armor. So maybe Jango did too and Boba just uses a different set. Also to be noted: The armor for the legs on Boba and Jango are different. Jango uses holsters and armor on the thigh, Boba uses cargo pockets, Jango uses shinguards, Boba doesn't... so I dunno what the deal is... I'll check for the dent in Jango's helmet too...

edit: just checked Jango's helmet and 99% of the pictures I've seen have no dent. But this one picture has an ambiguous shape that looks like it might be a dent. However, this possible dent is much higher on the helmet than on Boba's.
 adillon
06-12-2002, 12:29 PM
i've read on theforce.net some articles regarding scenes cut from ep2. one of which occurs immediately after boba picks up jango's helmet. here's this little kid in the middle of an arena after a butt-load of jedi/droids/etc. got killed, mourning the death of his father, right? ever wonder how he got out of dodge?

SUPPOSEDLY in the deleted scene, boba puts on his father's helmet and jetpack (although i thought that was destroyed by that beast-thing) and flies out of the arena. and we all know he's familiar with the controls of slave 1, right?

therefore, through my powers of deduction, boba fett's armor (at least helmet and jetpack) are the same as his father's. he took that and slave 1 and grew up into a bad@$$ bounty hunter, just like dear old dad.
 adillon
06-12-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Jaster21801
edit: just checked Jango's helmet and 99% of the pictures I've seen have no dent. But this one picture has an ambiguous shape that looks like it might be a dent. However, this possible dent is much higher on the helmet than on Boba's.

MAYBE, just maybe, the dent came about when poor old jango's head hit the arena floor?

things that make you go hmmm ...
 Vestril
06-12-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by adillon

MAYBE, just maybe, the dent came about when poor old jango's head hit the arena floor?

things that make you go hmmm ...

Pretty weak armor of that fall left a huge dent...
 Jaster21801
06-12-2002, 11:48 PM
yeah, especially when he cracked his head on Slave I and there were no dents at all... The figure of Boba Fett from Episode II makes an interesting argument... he's wearing a poncho, has one of Jango's guns, Jango's jetpack (I think the same one from the first part of the movie, which is the same as Boba's from RotJ) and his Helmet.... So perhaps Boba painted the helmet, got a bunch of credits, then bought some more of that armor..... hmmm... I wonder if we'll ever find out..
 ET Warrior
06-13-2002, 1:35 AM
If only i could post an attachment........i have two pictures, one of Jango and one of Boba, they both CLEARLY have the same dent in the same place on their helmet. And if you look in ESB, Slave 1 is a different color scheme than it was in Ep1, so i think Boba just repainted the slave and his dad's armor.
 Vestril
06-13-2002, 1:55 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
If only i could post an attachment........i have two pictures, one of Jango and one of Boba, they both CLEARLY have the same dent in the same place on their helmet. And if you look in ESB, Slave 1 is a different color scheme than it was in Ep1, so i think Boba just repainted the slave and his dad's armor.

Can you give us the links?
 Jaster21801
06-13-2002, 2:56 PM
y'know, this whole dent argument is irrelevant... Boba could have dented it on one of his hunts or something... Though, one interesting part about the dent and scratches is that underneath the paint is silver
 ET Warrior
06-13-2002, 3:11 PM
Aye, it is silver where the pain scratched off......and i dont remember where i found the pictures, but if i figure it out i'll post the links here
 Jaster21801
06-13-2002, 11:43 PM
sorry to rain on your parade about the dents and all, but I just watched the movie again and Jango's helmet does NOT get dented... look at his helmet right before his head is lopped off and you'll see that there's no dent... if I find a picture, I'll try an post it... in fact, itz right as you see him firing at Mace... if you look where Boba's dent is, there isn't one on Jango's helmet... but thatz irrelevant... Boba coulda put the dent in himself!
 ET Warrior
06-15-2002, 4:41 AM
Sorry to rain on your rain that fell upon my parade.....but when Jango is fighting Obi-wan and they're sliding down the side of the Kamino City......when Jango looks down to see if obi wan is gone, you can quite obviously see the big dent on the side that was on Boba's, now the one on the front was probably made by boba, but the big one on the side was made by Jango......
http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/image/movie/rotj/pub-03.jpg)

I hope that link works...you can quite obviously see the dent on the side of Boba's helmet. Make sure to look behind the dent that is right on the glare of the silver paint....it's back, you may have to zoom in to see it really well.....it's there though.

i'm still looking for the Jango one....i'll post as soon as i'm able. Or you could go watch the movie, and pay attention to the part i mentioned earlier!
 Jaster21801
06-15-2002, 12:36 PM
Sorry to rain on your rain that rained on my rain that rained on your parade, but if you look at the Don Post Deluxe Boba Fett helmet (modeled EXACTLY from the Helmet worn in the moives), you see that there is only the dent on the front. Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&item=2112009214)

If that link doesn't work, then copy the whole thing into your address bar.. then it should work...

You can clearly see the scratches on his mask revealing a silver/crome base coat/material and you can also see that Boba only has the one dent in his helmet.

btw, I agree that there seems to be a dent on the top of Jango's helmet in several scenes, but each time I've looked for the dent as he's getting decapitated, the dent has disappeared.
 ET Warrior
06-16-2002, 8:29 AM
Well, your rain that....okay enough rain annalogies....but the problem i see is that my picture is directly from the movies....and there is a dent there....your helmet is just a replica....

It's silly that we're arguing however, because it seems that we both believe that Boba is going to use his fathers helmet.....
 Lime-Light
06-16-2002, 9:03 AM
And a crappy replica at that. He made up scratches.

I think its likely boba got at least partly new armour. For one, bobas jetpack is different from jangos. Maybe he just kept the helmet (after he got the stink of burnin-dad-head out).
 CBrate
06-16-2002, 11:03 AM
I think its the same helmet. It seems to have a lot of sentimental value attached to it.
 ET Warrior
06-16-2002, 1:36 PM
Not sure why you think that Boba's Jetpack is dif. Than Jango's......looks almost identical to me........
 Jaster21801
06-17-2002, 6:24 AM
the jetpack IS identical, the paint's just different. But he has two jetpacks and probably more.. As well as more suits of armor. He uses a green jetpack (same styling) in ESB and uses Jango's in RotJ. Oh and btw, the replica was cast from the same molds, so yeah, maybe the scratches were out of place, but the dents were not. But that's irrelevant. Boba most likely used Jango's complete outfit for a few hunts until he could afford to buy more Mandalorian armor since it's supposedly pretty expensive. But yeah, at the moment he probably only uses Jango's helmet and jetpack during his prime.
 Jaster21801
06-17-2002, 6:27 AM
Originally posted by Lime-Light
And a crappy replica at that. He made up scratches.

I think its likely boba got at least partly new armour. For one, bobas jetpack is different from jangos. Maybe he just kept the helmet (after he got the stink of burnin-dad-head out).

You must notice that Jango has at least two jetpacks. On Kamino, he uses Boba's jetpack from RotJ, but on Geonosis, we see a new jetpack. Boba uses another jetpack in ESB too. Also, Jango uses shinguards and thighguards (not entirely sure about the thighguards) and Boba uses cargo pockets on his thighs and pockets that hold some weird stuff on his shins. So the jumpsuit and some of the armor MUST be different and/or modified.
 leXX
06-17-2002, 9:37 AM
I pondered this question while watching the film. Of course it would make sense that Boba would use his father's (or clone father's - whatever you want to call him) armour to avenge his death while wearing it but the two suits do look a bit different. Jango's looks much more storm trooper like, by that I mean more plastic, while Boba's looks much more toughened steel.

Having said all that, I think they are the same, why else would Boba's suit look so beat up? Surely he'd just get a new one! This must mean it is his father's and he wears it for sentimental reasons.
Page: 1 of 1