Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Page: 2 of 5
 Luuke
05-31-2002, 6:14 PM
ok, thanks to Kman the model is mapped and we can start skinning it. i have a test at university tomorrow and birthday on sunday, so there will be not much progress this weekend, but i hope to get a lot more done the next week. so stay tuned.

and once again: thank you KMAN
 Pedantic
05-31-2002, 9:16 PM
Sweet! I can't wait! :D
 KMan
06-01-2002, 2:55 AM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku1.jpg)

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku2.jpg)

After unwrapping him, I set out on skinning him. This is where I am at now. Still have about 40+ years to add to the face, and then more work on the clothing. I only had time to add a basic texture to the clothing and extra pieces.
 Andy867
06-01-2002, 3:46 AM
Ok, seeing that 2nd pic of the face, that was spooky.. !!! almost made me need to run for my blankey. ;) LOL, but definitely good work on the model/skinning... I'm just wondering when someone can make an anakin skywalker that has that black jedi robe from Episode 2, just with the hood back, and not on his head.
 Archmv04
06-01-2002, 4:41 AM
How did you make his face look so much like it?! Also that lil skirt thing he has (I'm not trying to be rude or a smart ass by saying skirt i dont know its actual name) did he have it in the move? Also is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie. and 1 more thing well you guys be creating a saber model for it?
 Luuke
06-01-2002, 12:17 PM
MonkeyKungFu already did an excellent model for dooku's saber hilt. and since garik loran is working together with him, he does new pics for the HUD, we have permission to add it to our model, as far as i know.
KMAN, you skin is absolutely amazing, i don't think i could have done any better. one thing i noticed: the lips should be smaller, and a bit more flesh-colored. now it makes him look a bit too feminine. but hair and eyebrows are perfect.
nice work...
 Darth Odisse
06-01-2002, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by Archmv04
How did you make his face look so much like it?! Also that lil skirt thing he has (I'm not trying to be rude or a smart ass by saying skirt i dont know its actual name) did he have it in the move? Also is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie. and 1 more thing well you guys be creating a saber model for it?

Well here's a scan of him and yes he does have that "skirt" thing:

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Scans/CD-1.jpg)

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Scans/CD-2.jpg)
 Oobedoob Benobi
06-01-2002, 1:14 PM
is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie
I think that is an animation thing. I don't believe that raven has released a way to create or edit animations.
 Garik Loran
06-01-2002, 1:38 PM
Ok, I am really happy seeing the progress the models and skin are making.
And there is a saber made by MonkeyKungFu, and I made the HUD for it. I have not asked MonkeyKungFu yet (so if you read this please reply to it) but I hope I may add his saber to the Dooku model.
I also finished the HUD images for the saber, have a look.
http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/dookusaber.jpg)
 Arco
06-01-2002, 1:40 PM
i lovet hat skinage there kman. Alas his head is the wrong shape! Christopher Lee has a much longer thin face... not that fat arse face that this model has... needs to be fixed me thinks. Oh yeah what about the red inlay he has on his cape... that is mega impostant cos it is the dracula reference of all that camped up evil badguy business that he is so good at doing....

Arco
 striderx2048
06-01-2002, 7:15 PM
hey, hes conceptally count dooku :), not nessassary christropher lee
 Pedantic
06-02-2002, 7:59 AM
Now that I've seen it skinned, I do agree that the head does need to be lengthened. I don't think Dooku wore eyeshadow or lipstick either. :D I don't think his lips should be as tapered. Well, there's my two cents. :D
 Kx_Dra_Sycdan
06-02-2002, 8:31 AM
His head is to wide...he looks like an old freaky version New York Yanks first basemen Jason Giambi. The rest of the skin is loverly, he just looks to beefy to be an old guy (someone should be able to post some ref. pics for you both)
 Pedantic
06-03-2002, 5:02 AM
Someone already did post reference pics.
 Kuja
06-06-2002, 2:38 PM
*bump*

Any updates? this model looks great, and i'd hate to see it just disaepear away. :(
 Luuke
06-06-2002, 3:54 PM
still fighting with the textures. i will post some pics when there is some progress. unfortunately i didn't get so much done, because i have been busy but keep cool. this model won't just disappear, i'm eager to see it finished myself.
all i ask is to be patient...
 Blades006
06-06-2002, 9:10 PM
Awesome model!!! Yet another sith lord to play with!

Keep up the good work, and take your time. A perfect model is much better than a buggy one.
 Pedantic
06-06-2002, 9:34 PM
Originally posted by Blades006
Awesome model!!! Yet another sith lord to play with!

Am I the only sick-minded person here that found this funny? :D
 Ray Stantz
06-07-2002, 11:20 AM
Then again, a weaker Sith Lord.
 Blades006
06-07-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Pedantic

Am I the only sick-minded person here that found this funny? :D

Yeah I guess it did sound a little odd. Well, you know what I mean.
 Dark_One
06-07-2002, 3:38 PM
I think the freaky thing is the nose. It needs to be a little bigger.
Keep up the good work :)
 BradFu
06-07-2002, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by Ray Stantz
Then again, a weaker Sith Lord.

I don't know about that. He stomped Obi-Wan and Anakin fairly easily, and Obi-Wan took Maul apart (no pun intended) while he was still only a Padawan. Of the three lightsaber-weilding Sith we've seen, in order from best to Worst, it would probably have to be Vader, Tyrannus, Maul. Maul just LOOKS badass, and he's quick. Tyrannus is more powerful :)

BradFu!
 Luuke
06-07-2002, 5:21 PM
well i think darth Maul was the best lasersword-fighter of all the sith. darth tyranus is more powerful, because he has much greater understanding of the force, where he is actually as powerful as yoda.
it is really hard to decide where to put vader, because you only saw him fighting an old obi-wan and a young unexperienced luke skywalker. and vader was old and "crippled" by that time. it will be interesting what vader will be like in episode 3, when you (hopefully) will see him on top of his sith career.
 Kuja
06-07-2002, 6:11 PM
please make his face a bit more narrow, narrow like Christopher Lee, not Dooku. :D , then he'd look amazing.
 Telcar
06-07-2002, 7:59 PM
Well, Vader is definately the coolest of the Sith. :D
 superdude201
06-07-2002, 8:06 PM
very good looks like him but face is abit dark but a very detailed model so far
 agentj64
06-07-2002, 8:52 PM
I've just gotten into JK2 modeling myself, it's fairly simple but one quesiton
How do you get certain MP chars with custom lightsabers? or are you replacing the saber model? and even then are there tutorials aon weapon replacements? i'll be searching but if you could tell me in advance thanks:D
 Ray Stantz
06-08-2002, 12:04 AM
Then again I was comparing Dooku to Vader when I said "Then again, a weaker Sith Lord."
 Kx_Dra_Sycdan
06-08-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Luuke
lasersword

Light Saber

(remember that or I kill you ;) )
 Pedantic
06-08-2002, 3:19 AM
Originally posted by Kx_Dra_Sycdan
Light Saber

Lightsaber ;) :D
 Luuke
06-08-2002, 7:46 AM
Originally posted by agentj64
I've just gotten into JK2 modeling myself, it's fairly simple but one quesiton
How do you get certain MP chars with custom lightsabers? or are you replacing the saber model? and even then are there tutorials aon weapon replacements? i'll be searching but if you could tell me in advance thanks:D

by now it is just replacing the standard LIGHTSABER hilt, but i hope someone will make them selectable soon.
 Fardreamer
06-08-2002, 7:50 AM
That face skin bares an uncanny resemblance to Michael Jackson. Do something about the nose please. A little less nose-job-ish.
 Darth-Nasty
06-12-2002, 3:39 PM
I hope the lack of updates dont mean this model has been abandoned! :( :confused:

The model looks great and i hope it is realeased soon.
 MiniS
06-12-2002, 4:16 PM
Actually I think the eyes of dooku looks kinda "friendly", and should be somewhat reduce a bit in scale
 Luuke
06-12-2002, 4:21 PM
no, this model has not been canceled. but because of my bad luck, i can't skin any more at the moment. i hurt my right arm at sports, now i have a pulled muscle (my dictionary says that's the right word) and can hardly hold my mouse.
thanx to Kman the model is finished and unwrapped, so if there are some good skinners who want to try on the textures let me know!
 Lucko Mabri
06-12-2002, 4:52 PM
YAY! Dookie aint dead!
 Delmar
06-12-2002, 4:53 PM
Perhaps a thread should be created in the Skinning forum to recruit someone to finish him off...?
 omar_torres
06-12-2002, 11:04 PM
I would be more than happy to skin this model. I have skinned for quite a while now, and I would be glad to help. If you are wondering "well i dunno are you a good skinner or do ya suck?" go to jk2files.com or jediknight.net or jedioutcast.com and look at the skins under my name You can be the judge :) Or just ask some one like sithlord ii, I made an alternate skin for his Exar Kun model , heheh e-mail me: omar_torresjr@hotmail.com
 Absath
06-12-2002, 11:23 PM
keeping in mind that Sithlord isnt using Omar's skin........

-Abs
 Pedantic
06-13-2002, 4:51 AM
Whoever skins it has to make sure to get the face right, 'cause it pretty much makes or breaks a Dooku model.
 Garik Loran
06-13-2002, 8:36 AM
I'll send the skinmaps to omar_torres, so he can try it. I think his Vader skin was not really bad, and he wrote in an e-mail that Dooku is one of his favorites, so I'm sure he tries very hard.
And I love perfection, so if i am not satisfied I will help omar, that's what I did together with Luuke. And the old skin looked a lot like dooku, I think.
Don't worry. I think it will be a good one.
 Gooey
06-13-2002, 9:00 AM
I use about 4 or 5 of Omar's skins.

I can easily say that they are very good quality and I have no problem seeing him work on Dooku.
 BacMeth
06-13-2002, 9:29 AM
Originally posted by Oobedoob Benobi

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is an animation thing. I don't believe that raven has released a way to create or edit animations.

yea well it IS an animation thing.. and they haven't released any tools to edit them... but theres no need for creating new 1 handed animations (and it'd be way too hard too)
they already are in there... theres two more stances in the game..
1handed blue and 1 handed red.. tavion and desann use em
needs some coding to enable them for MP... but its possible...
 KMan
06-13-2002, 9:30 AM
Here is how the face is coming along. I remapped the lining of his cape so It can be a different material. Keep in mind that the model itself would need to be changed for an ACCURATE likeness to be portrayed.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku4.jpg)

Made him a bit more menacing, added 10-20 more years (about 100 left to go) gave him bigger sideburns and a fuller beard, changed the skin hood over his eye lids and lightened up his lips.

Q on his belt- is it a red tone or is it just a fine leather material?
 Luuke
06-13-2002, 10:13 AM
nice to see that with all your projects you still found the time to continue your work on dooku. i really appreciate your work KMan.

the belt is just leather i think, light brown leather. but i only have one good pic, so if someone knows better please correct me.

next i will take a look at the model's head again and see if i can correct some things to make him look much more like dooku. i find it kind of hard to edit models just by imaginating the skin, so the newest pic will help me a lot to see what has to be done.
 Grafox
06-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Nice skin Kman!!

Can you perhaps explain to me how you made the beard and hair look zo real.
 Grafox
06-13-2002, 10:46 AM
Ooow, btw, Luuke/Garik Loran, I'd also like to make a skin for this model :D Perhaps a younger dooku, still a jedi? :D

Can you send me the sdk? grafox@quicknet.nl
 striderx2048
06-13-2002, 10:51 AM
 Grafox
06-13-2002, 11:37 AM
 KMan
06-14-2002, 3:21 AM
That was part of the question. It was my understanding that his cape lining is sort of a dark red velvety material. In that pic the belt piece appears to be the same tone as the cape liner. Either they are the same toned material or that person used a pretty crappy scanner.
Page: 2 of 5