Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who would you like to see Darth Sideous duel?

Page: 1 of 1
 DemonKing
05-27-2002, 4:42 AM
I'd like to see him go toe-to-toe with Yoda, of course...but Windu or Obi-Wan would be fine as well.

Regards,

DK
 MotionMan
05-27-2002, 5:03 AM
I would like to see darth sidious duel anyone.
I doubt it will happen. Although I didnt think I would ever see Yoda use a light saber either:)
 Craz
05-27-2002, 5:06 PM
I don't want to see him duel anyone. He is not about combat but rather manipulation. He is a puppet master not a doer. If he ends up dueling anyone, I think it would hurt the character.
 Boba Rhett
05-27-2002, 5:09 PM
Sidious is never going to pick up a saber. He's beyond that. :)
 Storm2K
05-27-2002, 5:15 PM
I loved the yoda saber scene from episode 2, but i hope it is left at that, i dont want to see Yoda fight again...

My pref would be Vader Himself, which in the plot may finally turn him...

Bye.
 Storm2K
05-27-2002, 5:17 PM
Just a though, but maybe we will see Sideous use the force to control his saber, whilst havihg a coffee....

you get the picture:)
 MotionMan
05-27-2002, 7:14 PM
Originally posted by Storm2K
Just a though, but maybe we will see Sideous use the force to control his saber, whilst havihg a coffee....

you get the picture:)

LOL . Thats more like sidious:)
 Jaster21801
05-27-2002, 7:33 PM
Yeah, I don't think Sidious will fight.. He's more of a "sit back in the curtains" type of guy... He has too much to lose if he dies, since he's a senator too...
 Raynaga
05-28-2002, 3:58 AM
Sidious shouldn't fight, just as Yoda should not have. Both characters should be above the physical forms of combat. Sadly, Yoda was demeaned in AtoC. Hopefully the same mistake will not be made with Sidious.

--R--
 Redwing
05-28-2002, 4:02 AM
DEMEANED?!?! O.O

Oh wellz...you're entitled to your own opinion I guess...

But I don't think Sidious should saber fight. He didn't in RotJ...
 Raynaga
05-28-2002, 4:18 AM
Yes, demeaned. Yoda is supposed to be the greatest Jedi in the universe, unparalled in his control of the Force. If this is true, why must he bring himself down to the level of the most unskilled Padawan by having to pick up a lightsaber to defeat his foes? If his skill with the Force is so great, the physical aspect should be cast aside in favor of combat with the Force itself.

--R--
 Redwing
05-28-2002, 4:27 AM
Which he did, until Dooku issued a challenge to a saber duel, hoping he could overwhelm him that way.

Obviously, Yoda proved him wrong.

Run, Dooku, run!

:D
 Jaster21801
05-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Yep... Redwing's right. And Obi-Wan even says that Anakin could surpass Yoda's sabering skills which mean that Yoda's a badass and every Jedi knows it.
 MotionMan
05-28-2002, 12:44 PM
Where does it say that its low to use a light saber? Thats is the weapon of a jedi. Yoda is in fact a Jedi. NO?
Just cause he is old and he is small in stature doesnt mean that he isnt capable of weilding or using a light saber. Im not saying you said this im just making that clear. Who says that in his youger days he wasnt a reckless swordsman? He is 800+ years old. Old shaolin monks are feared and respected by their pupils not only because they are wise. They are also respected cause they can kick they crap out of their pupils even if they are 80 years old. AND they will use the same technics they teach their pupils. They wont say " Man im just tooooo good to use this kick or this punch on this guy who is theatening my life". "Even though he might kill me at least I didnt use a technique that was used by the comeners."

Please:rolleyes:
 Morath
05-28-2002, 4:08 PM
Say what ya want, but Yoda rocked and he should have used the saber. The saber is the symbol of a Jedi. It is only appropriate that an honor bout between a padiwon and his master be settled that way.

As far as the emperor, he doesn't seem to have any honor. So anything goes for him. BTW if he is the trainer of such great sordsmen like Darth Maul it only stands to reason that he too would be great with a light saber. The dark side is power hungry and anything less would not merit being called master.

My vote is Yoda vs Emperor, with the emperor cheating his way out of death. Using his amassed troops to finally get him out of the butt whooping that Yoda would give him with both the saber and the force..........Rock on Yoda!!!!!!!!! ......lol.
 COJ
05-28-2002, 4:34 PM
Sidious is a just a dark sith, he doesnt need to fight, he'll get someone to fight for him, I dont even consider Darth Sidious a real Sith Jedi, if he is, he's going to prove it
 DarkAgent
05-28-2002, 5:44 PM
Darth Sidious vs Jarr Jarr Binks

(Jarr Jarr's big death scene) :D
 Morath
05-28-2002, 6:11 PM
Well I think the Emp should fight. All other Jedi have now. The circle would be complete if he did, other than picking on newbie Luke Skywalker.

You have to admit, seeing the Emp and Yoda duking it out would be cool. Maybe Obiwan and Darth duking it out round one. Yoda kicking the crap out of duku first of course or maybe Yoda and Wendi taking on duku and the Emp. That would be some serious testosterone.......lol.
Page: 1 of 1