Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Knight or Phantom Menace

Page: 1 of 1
 Light Jedi
07-04-2001, 5:30 PM
Which game do you think is better. I want to know so I can know which game to buy. I have played Jedi Knight's demo and it is kick @$$. Is phantom menace better???????? Any help would be appreciated
 Boba Rhett
07-04-2001, 9:07 PM
*Laughing so hard that he can't speak*

*points at Jedi Knight and tries to remain standing*
 Zanzibar
07-04-2001, 11:22 PM
Two entirely different kinds of games, honestly. If you like first-person shooters, then you'll really enjoy JK. JK has GREAT level design and nice artwork, but then again, I think TPM does too ;)

TPM is for an ENTIRELY different kind of gamer, too. TPM is more for the casual gamer than the hardcore type. If you've played Unreal, Quake, No One Lives Forever and enjoyed them, then you'll probably hate TPM, because it's not a DEEP game at all. But, if you're looking for a fun re-living of the movie with lots of action and some puzzle-solving, TPM is a good choice as well.

You can find and download the TPM demo at: http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10035-100-910858.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.910858)

Hey, just discovered that the TPM Demo has now been downloaded over 900,000 times! Not too shabby.
 Hannibal
07-05-2001, 5:48 PM
Get both. I think they're both cost under $20 now.

Edited for incorrect English. If my Elementary School teachers could see me now. :D

Hey at least everything is spelled right. :D

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: Hannibal ]
 Dave Maul
07-05-2001, 7:09 PM
And yet you still got it wrong ;)
 Kurgan
07-05-2001, 11:27 PM
I will admit that TPM is more advanced in the graphics department, but other than that, as a game, I enjoy/enjoyed JK more.

I think the main strengths of JK over TPM are the presence of editing and multiplayer, when you come down to it, and some of the puzzles in TPM were far more annoying, IMHO.

No offense to the dev team of course, they had different objectives obviously, making a different type of game, and on a tighter schedule, than the JK team.

Kurgan
 Redwing
07-06-2001, 3:41 AM
TPM! TPM! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! (Of course I've never played JK...but I know TPM is cool from experience. I don't know, but I can't stand how the graphics/charas/etc look in JK. But I still want it.
 darth terrat
07-06-2001, 8:40 AM
TPM is a lot better.
 Dave Maul
07-06-2001, 9:34 AM
Just now looking at the ammount of games I have for my PC, PlayStation and Dreamcast, I've realised that TPM is one of the few games I've 'fully beaten' and played to the end. And it's going up against games like Half-Life, Jedi Knight, MOTS, Riven, Alice and Sonic Adventure (never did find all those emblems...). Surely that says something about the gameplay quality of TPM.
 Boba Rhett
07-06-2001, 2:12 PM
Or the lack thereof......
 Garindan
07-23-2001, 2:19 PM
The Phantom Menace is better in the addictive department AND sound department (talking to the people and cutting deals with them), AND graphics department, AND fun department (killing the characters that tick you off).
 Dave Maul
07-23-2001, 4:00 PM
... I think you mssed the objective of the 'Mos Espa' level Garindan ;)
 ESE_Sithlord
07-23-2001, 5:10 PM
I personally Dont like ether but if I had to choose I would get the Jedi Knight Demo it lasts longer and it makes ya prepare for the real game.

But I played TPM Demo and I have the game it was too easy to beat and nothing new every came out. Sure ya can try to fix it but ya cant not with TPM.

I Susject ya get JK if ya want too.

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Vader ]
 Boba Rhett
07-23-2001, 5:30 PM
You don't like JK?

*adds Vader to his hit list* ;)
 Jedi SuperBuen
07-25-2001, 12:37 PM
You can't compare TPM and JK. It would be like asking someone to choose between Rogue Squadron or Racer... You know... TPM is a adventure game... JK/MOTS is a FPS... So what do I suggest? Buy both you cheap bastard!!! lol

You won't regret it that's for sure...
 Piggeh
03-03-2013, 2:47 PM
I never played Jedi Knight, but I prefer The Phantom Menace :D
Page: 1 of 1