Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode III predictions

Page: 1 of 1
 Skyro
05-21-2002, 3:05 PM
I've been talking with some friends of mine, and we've come up with a few predictions of what'll happen in Episode III. Please share your own!

Anikin fights Count Dooku, Palpatine's apprentice, one-on-one while Palpatine watches. By this time, Anikin would be more than a match for Dooku, cutting off his arm. "Your hate has made you powerful. Now, kill Dooku, and take his place at MY side!" Palpatine would say. Anikin might hesitate for a second, before slicing Dooku's head off, instead of throwing down his lightsaber like Luke did.

That'd be sweet. :)

Also, one of the many lightsaber battles will take place in a hostile enviroment. Somehow, this hostile enviroment will temporarily deactivate both jedi's lightsabers a few minutes into the fight. The fight will continue by means of martial arts and the force. Jumping off walls, shooting lightning, and dodging thrown debris ala the Matrix. After a while, their lightsabers work again, and the fight finishes in a spectacular clash.

THE most awesome battle ever! :saberg: :saberb: :saberr:
 WolfmanNCSU
05-21-2002, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Skyro

Anikin fights Count Dooku, Palpatine's apprentice, one-on-one while Palpatine watches. By this time, Anikin would be more than a match for Dooku, cutting off his arm. "Your hate has made you powerful. Now, kill Dooku, and take his place at MY side!" Palpatine would say. Anikin might hesitate for a second, before slicing Dooku's head off, instead of throwing down his lightsaber like Luke did.

Exactlly :vadar: :duel: :3headed:
 Ferox
05-21-2002, 3:57 PM
please no.. the last thing i want to see is star wars turn into the matrix or some crap with people bouncin off the walls doing karate.
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 4:31 PM
I don't think Lucas is one to use slowmo for that very reason... I don't think he would open up the claim that he ever EVER copied the style of another movie. :)
 Skyro
05-22-2002, 2:16 AM
I wasn't thinking about slow-motion karate, I was thinking about TURBO karate. The speed at which Yoda fights with a lightsaber. Maybe it wasn't smart for me to mention the Matrix.

Anyway, I have another prediction. People are already thinking that Boba Fett kills Mace Windu in Episode III, and some others think it'll be Anikin. Now, from Boba Fett's bio on Starwars.com:

"Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader desperately wanted to capture the fugitive Rebel craft, the Millennium Falcon. To that end, he hired a motley assortment of bounty hunters, including the legendary Fett. Vader specifically pointed out to Fett that the Falcon's passengers were to be taken alive. "No disintegrations," rumbled the Dark Lord, obviously familiar with Fett's reputation."

It might be just me, but this alone could be considered a spoiler for Episode III, it seems so concrete. Disintegration is probably the only way he could kill Mace anyway, since Mace is such a powerful Jedi. Am I right, or am I right? Who could still think Anikin kills Mace now?
 BlackDove
05-22-2002, 2:28 AM
I just hope that it turns out true, and an Obi-Wan vs. Anakin fight transpires. Where Obi-Wan wins of course...
Page: 1 of 1