Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aayla Secura!!!

Page: 4 of 19
 ET Warrior
07-13-2002, 7:06 AM
Rogue squadron 2 is only for hte cube, but bounty hunter comes out for cube and PS2.......luckily for me, I have a cube AND an X-box now... :D
 AgentSmith
07-13-2002, 3:28 PM
Is that so?

Mhhh ... :evil2:

*Waves his hand.* You will give me your Gamecube and Xbox. :D

Nah, I'm just kidding. :p I could get them if I really wanted to but I'm considering getting a Jan Duursema artwork of Aayla plus I am trying to save up some money. :p
 MotionMan
07-13-2002, 3:34 PM
my girlfriend got me Rogue Squadron but I dont have a gamecube:(
She said she was going to get me one but that was months ago.
 AgentSmith
07-14-2002, 7:15 AM
Well I still think that's a mighty nice gf man! :p Those things aren't cheap!

But .... Yeah!!! :D

I just got my hands on Dark Horse comics Star Wars #43 'Rite of Passage 2', I'll post an full review sometime soon, it's a bit of a late hour for that now. :p
Just plenty of our beloved Aayla Secura in it! :D And I'll give you these spoilers ... Aayla wears her Episode II outfit and has her blue lightsaber! :D

*Is very exited now. Goes around yelling 'Wheee! Aayla!!!' Yeah ok I might be a little crazy cuz it's late, too much sugar ... :p*
 AgentSmith
07-15-2002, 2:02 AM
My thoughts on Dark Horse comics Star Wars #43 'Rite of Passage 2' after reading it for most of the day. :D

First off, there's plenty of Aayla in this issue again! :) Aayla wears her 'Darkness'/Ep II outfit again and it goes her well, very dynamic and better than her previous outfit (The one she's seen in 'Twilight' and 'The Stark Hyperspace War' .)
We even see her wearing a standard jedi cloak over it at one point. (She makes it look good too ... :D)

In this issue again it's confirmed how Jan Duursema changed Aayla's look slightly, she's now a spitting image of Amy Allen's Ep II version. (The facial expressions are astoundingly similar.)

'Rite of Passage 2' starts off on Ord Mantell with Quinlan Vos, he's attacked by dozens of bounty hunters. But even when he's cornered and outnumbered, he flashes an unnerving smile and charges the bounty hunters.
Aayla shows up in the nick of time to lend him a hand and the pair meets up for the first time since the past year.
(Yes, it's been a full year now since 'Darkness' that Aayla's been traning with Tholme and Quinlan Vos has been letting the Force drift him through the galaxy.)

She informs Quinlan that Tholme (as well as the prime heir of Ryloth's Securca clan leader) has been kidnapped by Morgukai and that Villie (Vilmar Ghrakh the Devaronian smuggler) provided transport for them. Unfortunately Aayla lost their trail.

Quinlan helps Aayla track down Villie. Aayla demonstrates her strong Force abilities with a Jedi mind trick on the way.
They find Villie gambling, here it shows Aayla's become a mature padawan, she's calm, focused. Though she holds Villie responsible for Master Tholme's fate she doesn't lose her cool.
I found she even subtly uses her beauty and smile almost as a weapon, to not let others see her true strength and make the more lenient.

Villie being a worst case Han Solo doesn't sway without a reward, Quinlan uses the Force to help him win a dice toss. (Mhh ... where have we seen that before?) As Villie's hilariuos droid says 'This is highly unethical I'm very dissapointed in you Quinlan' the next drawing showing a silent Aayla's face is just breathtaking. You can see she's thinking what the droid said, she seems disapointed in Quinlan and his use of the Force for somewhat 'darker' purposes.

Villie sends them to the Nikto homeworld where we have seen Tholme being tortured by the Twi'lek Fenn who instigated it all, manipulated by ... Dooku ... As Dooku and Fenn both leave, the Jedi head towards the fortress where Tholme is being held. (Huge Ep II plot buildup I see!)

Those pages are just great, full of many levels of detail.
Aayla is uneasy about Quinlan. She hasn't seen him in a year since they reconciled after having both lost their memories.

Aayla however has recovered all her memories, they were stored in her lekku. She found herself again and grew and matured. She's as good as full Jedi Knight.
Quinlan has no memories that have returned, though he has made peace with that, Aayla tells him 'I knew who you were, I'm not sure who you are.' Quinlan knows something else is troubling Aayla too, but they never get to that as they arrive and get attacked by Morgukai and their ship crashes.

This is great stuff and intrigues me for the rest of the 'Rite of Passge' plot.
Why? Aayla clearly has evolved, knows who she is and used to know Quinlan, their bond was strong and he meant a lot to her.
Now she sees Quinlan, a shadow of who he was. Though he claims to be at peace, he does unorthodox things that most Jedi wouldn't. And throughout the comic he has this smile, more smirk ... makes him look almost psychotic, sadistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up wanting to turn to the Dark Side again. Because he's a lot 'durtier' than he used to be. No more goody-two-shoes Jedi ...
To what else is troubling Aayla, I can only speculate but I think it's going to be plot related and have an impact of Aayla's and Quinlan's relation towards each other, perhaps also with the Dark Side. (Maybe also why Aayla's lightsaber is now blue? - Besides an Ep II reference it could be a plot-related symbol.)
 Hannibal
07-16-2002, 1:20 AM
AgentSmith my digital cam has 3.3 megapixels(not the best but still good).

As far as buying Amy Allen nice things, some people don't have to buy love.;)
 AgentSmith
07-16-2002, 1:28 AM
3.3 Megapixels is a good quality level. :)

I don't need to buy love either. :p

But I think you're bluffing. :D I call your bluff, I want ironclad proof that you are indeed married to the Amy Allen that plays Aayla Secura in Episode II. :cool:
(Have you even met her honestly? :p)
 Hannibal
07-16-2002, 11:27 PM
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

:confused: I don't know what that means either.
Pudding is good though. It should be "The goodness is in the pudding" or "The pudding is good."

You're sounding a bit jealous there AgentSmith.:D
 AgentSmith
07-17-2002, 1:06 AM
You're bluffing and I call your bluff. :p

Seriuosly:
No, I'm not jealous. :) I'm in a relationship with a lady I love, truly and deeply. I want to build a future with her. :) I don't seek to be with someone else, I couldn't be happier with my lady.

As for Amy Allen, I am a fan of her work on Episode II, how she portrayed Aayla Secura (my favorite Star Wars character) and added a whole dimension to this character that only made it into an even greater character that inspires me even more. :)
I would love to get a signed photograph of Amy Allen as Aayla, or have my comics signed by her. I'd love to be able to meet her and express how I like her work and thank her for her great performance as Aayla. (Not unlike as I would like to meet Jan Duursema who pencils Aayla.) Maybe even chat and all, people who met her say she's 'supernice'.
Do I want a relationship with Amy Allen? No. Why? Because I don't know her. True she is pretty and physically appealing but that's not what makes me want to be with somebody. Hearty and soul are far more important, it's a whole that has to be 'right', that has to fit. :) How could I want to be with someone I don't even know? (After all she could be a really nasty person. or even more, she could be a great person but just not for me.)

If that made any sense? :p I just wanted to say that seriously so no one would get an unfortunate wrong impression regarding my being a fan of Aayla Secura and Amy Allen -as Aayla-. :)
 Hannibal
07-17-2002, 4:08 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
As for Amy Allen, I am a fan of her work on Episode II, how she portrayed Aayla Secura (my favorite Star Wars character) and added a whole dimension to this character that only made it into an even greater character that inspires me even more. :)
I would love to get a signed photograph of Amy Allen as Aayla, or have my comics signed by her. I'd love to be able to meet her and express how I like her work and thank her for her great performance as Aayla.

I agree with you. I didn't even know what she looked like until someone here put the link to the article on starwars.com on this thread. I just thought the character was cool. Though I'd be interested in hearing her experiences making Ep2, I have no interest to really meet her. I'd rather meet some behind the scenes people who actually helped in designing the film or Lucas himself to hear about the aspects that us common folk will never learn about.

Oh yeah, she is majorly attractive and would turn my head(and more) if I saw her walking down the street.

What does all this mean? It means we're seperated.:D ;)
 AgentSmith
07-17-2002, 7:42 PM
Yeah. :)

I'd like to meet several Star Wars involved people, mostly Amy Allen (who played Aayla in Ep II as we know), Jan Duursema (who penciled Aayla in the comics), George Lucas (yeah a real longshot that is but hey :p), Jon Foster (does cover art and for the comics), Harrison Ford (you can't beat Han Solo :p), Jon Ostrander (writes for the comics), Timothy Zahn, Kevin J Anderson, the ILM crew and people who did the concept work and CGI art and input, the Lucasfilm people who made the props such as armor, blasters, lightsabers... :) That'd be really cool if I could meet those people and all, get a chance to talk to them. Some must be fantastic to learn interesting things from. :)
 AgentSmith
07-19-2002, 7:37 PM
A nice fyi for everyone.

At www.theforce.net) they have forums at their Jedi Council (the jedicouncilforums :p) and in their Episode II Attack of the Clones section they have a pretty impressive Aayla Secura thread as well.

There's a few fans of Aayla there too but what's more is that Jan Duursema, the artist who penciled Aayla sometimes posts there too, like 'one of the guys'. (Though she's a woman, but you know what I mean.) A really nice person it seems. :)

Not meant as competition or to underrate you great people and all, I just thought since you're Aayla fans though you might want to check that out sometime. :)
 AgentSmith
07-19-2002, 7:41 PM
Great news!

Amy Allen (Who played Aayla Secura in Episode II and works at ILM.) had a website at www.blueamy.com!) Yay! :D

Sadly though a few days after its launch it was taken down again because Amy wasn't happy with the contents. I did read however that they're currently rebuilding it, to her liking and looking for a better provider. Hopefully it will be back up again soon. :)

I'll keep you posted if it should be back! I'm sure it will be awesome! :)
 Hannibal
07-20-2002, 1:25 AM
She's so picky. The other night we were eating dinner and in the middle of dinner she says,
her: "I don't want this anymore."
me: "Ok then don't eat it then."
her: "You don't tell me what to eat!"
me: "I don't?"
her: "No you don't!"
me: *sigh* "You're right, I'm sorry"
her: "Me, too. I'll eat the food."
*she eats the food*
me: "Hah! I told you you'd eat what I told you"
*I wake up in the hospital*
 AgentSmith
07-20-2002, 1:38 AM
Yeah sure Hannibal...

We believe you...

*Does the 'he's freaking crazy' sign.*

He's totally lost it, you guys call the mental assylum. Quick! :p
 leXX
07-20-2002, 2:22 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
She's so picky. The other night we were eating dinner and in the middle of dinner she says,
her: "I don't want this anymore."
me: "Ok then don't eat it then."
her: "You don't tell me what to eat!"
me: "I don't?"
her: "No you don't!"
me: *sigh* "You're right, I'm sorry"
her: "Me, too. I'll eat the food."
*she eats the food*
me: "Hah! I told you you'd eat what I told you"
*I wake up in the hospital*

:lol: sounds like a typical woman to me! ;)
 AgentSmith
07-20-2002, 4:35 AM
Oh well, one has to love and appreciate women. Such fascinating and graceful creatures. :)

(This not to be confused or taken in the meaning as the fascination and love one has for a partner, lover, wife/husband. Though in conection but not in the same manner, and certainly not the same amount or depth, as my emotions are much stronger, true and deeper I greatly love my fiancee and find her fascinating. :) )

Off course quarrels and fights will occur, a ffact of life not bound to the difference between both sexes but the difference and being unique of each individual. :)
 AgentSmith
07-20-2002, 5:41 AM
People? A serious question if I may?

Since some of you (Like Jaina64, lexx, ET Warrior, Motionman, Jaster, Krylith, ... in no distinctive order of importance -except for my fiancee, one has to please his lady but hey:p- and not a full list, just a few names, you know who you are. :) ) know my posts and what I say, respond, discuss, pretty well and all.

Here's the thing. I made a few nice serious posts at theforce.net forums Aayla Secura thread (I'm sorry no betrayal to you guys meant!:p) and this guy starts busting my chops about me being too obsessed, way too much into this character and unhealthy and stuff.
This still while I gave an even better explanation ...

So is it just that I'm poorly explaning myself?
Am I really a freak or do I just come over as weird?
Is my passion and interests that unhealthy?

Thanks people. :)
 MotionMan
07-20-2002, 5:51 AM
Well as I have read ALOT of your posts, I know your not insane(maybe a little;)) I know you like Aayla Secura alot and we all have our favorites. I know that you are not too serious when you do say the more "extreme" things about Aayala I know your joking for the most part. When guys who dont visit the forums alot see your posts the might think your just some freak. cause they dont know you like the regular posters do or they havent read alot of your posts:)
Anyway I dont think your crazy. Just obsesed:D J/k man;)
 AgentSmith
07-20-2002, 5:03 PM
Thanks MotionMan. :)

At least you seem to get what I mean.
Hey I have great passion for the character that Aayla Secura is and all and it brings me something more that motivates and inspires me. :)
What I admire and like about Amy Allen (who played Aayla) and Jan Duursema (who pencils Aayla) is just what they contributed and how they as being fans made Aayla into a great character. I'd just like to meet them someday at a convention or something, say thanks and get an autograph. (I'm not unhealthily interested in them.)
But when I say things like 'Oh I'd love to take her for a ride.' (to give an example) I'm joking because I do know she's a fictional character. :) :p
 AgentSmith
07-20-2002, 5:14 PM
Scoop! Great news. After countless E-mails, begging and pleading, starwars.com finally put an entry about Aayla Secura in their character databank.

You can find it here:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aaylasecura/index.html)

Check it out people! Some nice new pics and previous conjecture confirmed! :)
 AgentSmith
07-20-2002, 6:20 PM
Would anyone be interested in me posting the Aayla Secura Biography I made? (It's up at the Yahoo! group.)

Let me know, I'll post it if you want me to. :)
 Dragonlancer
07-20-2002, 9:28 PM
Ok guys, here it is. The only picture site you will EVER need to see. http://www.sqtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/index.htm) Hope I got that right. :D tons of aayla, kit fisto, mace, obi and ani, padme, everyone. go there, like 4 pages of pictures!
 Hannibal
07-21-2002, 12:10 AM
Sure post it Smith.

As for that guy that claimed you were obsessed, forget about him. Some people don't feel good unless they are attacking people. You're a fan(a big one). You have interest in the character(and everything that goes with the character). It's no different than all those people that have Boba Fett posters and action figures. You're just an easy target because the character you love is a woman. It's easier to claim people are obsessed over women characters than men.

If anyone is obsessed it's me. I knew nothing about Aayla until I came to this thread(started this thread). All I knew was she has a great blue belly button and wears skimpy outfits.:D
 Hannibal
07-21-2002, 12:23 AM
This is a picture I hadn't seen before from starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aaylasecura/img/eu_bg.jpg)
 AgentSmith
07-21-2002, 4:21 AM
Thanks a lot Hannibal. I appreciate your kind words. :)

It might not be apparent but I do tend to get insecure, which isn't that good. :( (I'm good at dispensing advice but not as good as following my own advice.:p)
And since I always try to better myself I wanted to make sure I wasn't heading in a bad direction of being too much obsessed or into Star Wars and Aayla Secura. :confused:
But thanks anyways! :D

Yes that's a great picture isn't it! I think it's from the footage they shot but never put into the final cut of the movie.
(So ILM can simply add a background and lightsaber effect and voila... :) )
It's a great picture though. :) What I like about Amy Allen portraying Aayla Secura is that she really has that perfect stern and serious face to her that Aayla has in the comics often.
 AgentSmith
07-21-2002, 4:33 AM
There you go, enjoy it! :) Took me a few hours to make so if you ever copy it and use it somewhere, please don't forget about me. :)

Aayla Secura – Character biography

[ ] : Marks the source.
( ) : Marks unconfirmed conjecture.

Aayla Secura is a cerulean blue Rutian Twi’lek of the Secura clan from Ryloth -The Twi’lek homeworld-.
Aayla is athletic, graceful as well as a sensual exotic beauty. She is highly empathic, intelligent and impulsive. Aayla had an impish and sometimes mischievous sense of humor.
While very capable and well trained with a lightsaber, Aayla chooses to use it in a strictly defensive mode instead of offensively, she prefers cunning over violence.
[Official Site www.starwars.com) character databank]

When Aayla was just a young infant she was sold as a slave by her uncle Lon Secura to a Hutt. -Slavery is common amongst Twi’leks, women are considered as inferior.- Lon Secura wanted to place his young niece in a secure home, thinking a Hutt stronghold was the best choice.
As young Aayla was taken on the Hutt repulsorsled the teenage Jedi Padawan named Quinlan Vos was intrigued by her, the little girl seemed to look right into him. The teenage Quilan Vos had traveled to Ryloth with his Jedi Master, Tholme investigating the possible illegal trafficking of dangerous beasts.

Moments later Quinlan felt young Aayla was in distress through the Force. He came to the little girls rescue as a loose Wampa had attacked and killed the Hutt and his followers and was about to do so with Aayla as well. Quinlan however lost his lightsaber and in the clutches of the Wampa the teenage Padawan could not master the necessary focus and calm to call it to him with the Force. To his surprise young Aayla showed her inherent Force abilities and helped him get his lightsaber through the Force.
Jedi Master Tholme would have Aayla tested and brought to the Jedi temple for traning.
[Dark Horse Star Wars Rite of Passage 1]

(These events must have taken place before Star Wars Episode I the Phantom Menace according to logic calculations, Aayla seems to be about 4 to 5 years old.)

(Aayla is taken to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and trains as a youngling, amongst others one of her teachers is Master Yoda. When she is a teenager she is assigned to then adult Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos as his Padawan learner.)

Aayla, a young teenage Padawan, gives fellow Twi’lek Xiaan a ‘heart of fire’, a small stone she received from her Master Quinlan for her thirteenth birthday.
-Xiaan later returns the ‘heart of fire’ stone to Quinlan when Aayla is missing.-
[Dark Horse Star Wars Extra Heart of Fire & possibly Dark Horse Star Wars The Hunt for Aurra Sing]

Aayla and her master, Quinlan investigate the trafficking of a new drug called ‘glitteryll’ on Ryloth but as they come close to the truth Aayla is shot. -Not fatally, she survives.- They are both drugged with ‘glitteryll’ and because of this loose all of their memories. -The drug strips them from their memory.-
Aayla has a red lightsaber and wears a -somewhat revealing- catsuit type outfit with standard Jedi robes and cloak over it.
[Dark Horse Star Wars Twiligth 1 & 2]

Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos who awakes with not memory on Nar Shaddaa goes through a dangerous journey to find his Padawan, Aayla, and answers to his questions.
Eventually the trail leads him to Pol Secura, Aayla’s -other- uncle who is involved in the ‘glitteryll’ smuggle and has drugged them both to keep them alive. With Pol Secura, Quinlan finds Aayla who was fed continuous doses of the drug because her memory wanted to reassert itself. Pol Secura had kept her hidden at his home.
Aayla however remembers nothing of her past, and doesn’t remember Quinlan. She only knows her uncle. An enraged Quinlan blasts Pol Secura with Force lightning. Frightened to see her uncle hurt Aayla lashes out with the Force and pushes both Pol Secura and Quinlan over a balcony. Her uncle perishes but Quinlan manages to hang on to the ledge. Aayla flees the scene and Quinlan cannot pursue her.
The Jedi Council promises Quinlan they will search after Aayla.
[Dark Horse Star Wars Twiligth 3 & 4]

Aayla is blinded by anger and hate towards Quinlan Vos whom she blames for her uncle’s death. This anger prevents her memories from reasserting themselves. She has been missing for months but somehow finds her way to Kiffex, Quinlan’s homeworld.
There she falls under the influence -hypnoses almost- of the vampiric Jedi Volfe Karrko, who was in stasis in a hidden prison temple on Kiffex. Volfe Karrko sends his minions to kill the ‘Guardians’ as Kiffex is a prison planet.
-Aayla is first seen here in her most known outfit, the same as in Episode II.-
[Dark Horse Star Wars Darkness 1]

Quinlan Vos is sent by the Jedi Council to Kiffex to investigate, aided by his former Master, Tholme. -Unaware of Aayla’s presence or Volfe Karrko’s involvement.-
Aayla confronts Quinlan and tries to kill him but under the influence of Volfe Karrko she breaks off her attack.
[Dark Horse Star Wars Darkness 2 & 3]

Quinlan reaches Volfe Karrko’s hideout and engages Aayla who in all her hate and rage seeks to kill Quinlan.
Quinlan refuses to fight his Padawan and reasons with her to let go of her hate and anger, citing their deep bond as Master and Padawan. As Aayla lets go of her anger her memories suddenly surface and she remembers Quinlan. -Volfe Karrko strikes her down with Force Lightning but he looses his life in the ensuing duel with Quinlan.-
Aayla and Quinlan reconcile. The Jedi Council decrees however that both have ventured too close to the Dark Side and Aayla becomes the Padawan of Master Tholme who will complete her training.
[Dark Horse Star Wars Darkness 4]

Jedi Master Plo Koon helps Aayla to sort through her returning memories with his telepathic abilities. The Jedi Council tell her the tale of the ‘Stark Hyperspace War’ to aid her regain and focus on her returning memories who were all perfectly stored in her lekku.
-Aayla once again wears her catsuit type outfit with standard robes and cloak over it.-
[Dark Horse Star Wars The Stark Hyperspace War]

(Jedi Master Yoda tells Aayla that her venturing close to the Dark Side is the reason she is still a Padawan learner and not yet a Jedi Knight.)

(Aayla trains with Master Tholme for a whole year and builds a new, blue lightsaber.)

Aayla and Master Tholme travel to Ryloth to help settle disputes of which are the 5 valid ruling clan members. -This situation was upset when 1,5 years before Aayla accidentally killed the ruling clan member Pol Secura, her uncle.-
They discover a plot by ruling clan member Fenn to kidnap the heir of Lon Secura. -Pol’s brother and Aayla’s other uncle.- However the heir is kidnapped along with Master Tholme by Morgukai warriors with cortosis weapons and armor.
-Aayla had gone undercover as a slave and wears a slave outfit much like Leia’s in Star Wars Episode VI Return Of The Jedi.-
-Aayla’s general comic book appearance has subtly changed, she’s now the perfect double of Aayla as played by Amy Allen in Star Wars Episode II Attack of The Clones. E.g. her lekku tattoos have disappeared and changed into the more hexagon shaped lighter spots.-
[Dark Horse Star Wars Rite of Passage 1]

Aayla pursues the Morgukai kidnappers who took her Master, Tholme and the Secura prime heir to Ord Mantell. There she looses track of them but encounters Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos, her former Master who is being attacked by a pack of bounty hunters. Aayla aids Quinlan and fills him in on the events that have transpired before.

Quinlan helps Aayla track the Morgukai and the pair travel to the Nikto homeworld where Master Tholme is being held by the Morgukai. It is the first time in a year since the events on Kiffu -in ‘Darkness’- that Aayla and her former master are reunited.

Aayla has clearly become a mature and accomplished Padawan, on the verge of becoming a full Jedi Knight, she's strong, calm, focused, subtly uses her beauty when necessary.
Over the past year Aayla has recovered all her lost memories, as they were perfectly stored in her lekku. She has found herself, from the person she was -with her memories- she grew and matured. Her former master Quinlan Vos however has no memories that have returned, he himself has made peace with that, but Aayla is uneasy about him. To her he is a different person now.

When the pair arrives at the Nikto homeworld their ship is shot down by the
Morgukai and crashes in the desert.
-Aayla is again wearing her ‘Darkness’, Episode II outfit, with a Jedi cloak over it at one point and she now has her blue lightsaber.-
[Dark Horse Star Wars Rite of Passage 2]

(Aayla and Quinlan survive their starship crash and struggle through the harsh desert. Aayla and Quinlan save the Secura prime heir and Master Tholme after which Aayla is knighted by the Jedi Council. Conjecture from the to be released Star Wars rite of Passage 3 & 4 issues.)

(Aayla aids Jedi Master Adi Gallia to test the new Kuat Drive Yards Delta 7 Aethersprite or know as ‘Jedi Starfighter’. Aayla later attends it’s official launch ceremony with Adi Gallia.)

Jedi Knight Aayla Secura is stationed at the Jedi Temple just before and during the crisis on Geonosis. She is one of the 200 Jedi of the Jedi task force led by Jedi Master Mace Windu that battle the Seperatist battledroid army on Geonosis. Though separated from the inner Jedi circle Aayla shows her combat prowess and Jedi skills by surviving the battle on her own outside of the circle of Jedi.
As the combat ceases for a moment she is lead by a Geonosian warrior to the circle of Jedi survivors. With them she is rescued by the Republic gunships as Master Yoda arrives.
Aayla then leads her own Clonetrooper squad into the thick of the Geonosian battle, her lightsaber shimmering in the billowing dust, forming a luminiscent beacon for the trained Republic infantrymen to follow. She survives this first engagement of the Clone Wars.

-Aayla is played by Amy Allen, wearing the ‘Darkness’ outfit and wields her blue lightsaber. Lucasfilm officially acknowledged her survival of the Geonosis battle.-
[Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones]

(Aayla returns to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.)

(Some state Aayla’s age during Episode II as 16 years old. I believe it to be more 18 to 20 years old at least considering she has ascended to the status of Jedi Knight. I believe during the events of ‘Darkness’ she must be 16 to 17 years old and these take place at least 2 years before Episode II, if not earlier. Looking at Jedi Master Tholme and Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos’ apparent age 18 to 20 or more years of age for Aayla seem more exact.)

(Author of compilation is Nicky 'Agent Smith' aka 'The obsessed Aayla fan' :p, all elements are propriety of their individual authors, all characters belong to Lucasfilm and George Lucas or Dark Horse comics.)
 AgentSmith
07-22-2002, 1:41 PM
It's finally there, after a few pages tried ... many didn't quite cut it ...
But now there is a great and comprehensive Aayla Secura website: http://www.temoto.co.uk/aayla/)

:D

Be sure to check it out! It was made by Russ from the Yahoo! Aayla Secura Group and features a biography, timeline (made by yours truly :p though all credit to Russ for the awesome site), pictures, a fan art & fiction section and a Forum too!!!

Be sure to visit the site, it really is great and join the forum to discuss Aayla and SW or anything you want!!! Hope to see you there -too-! :)
 AgentSmith
07-23-2002, 3:39 PM
I have heard from a reliable source that Amy Allen (who portrayed Aayla Secura in Episode II) is no longer working at ILM. And she is said to be moving too.

(I don't know any details as to why, where, how though.)

Amy Allen's site is still not back up. (www.blueamy.com)

I say good luck Amy in your new professional adventure and with moving! :thumbsup:

(Same goes for you good people that should be in similar challenges. :) )
 ET Warrior
07-23-2002, 3:51 PM
holy goodness......i'm gone for 3 days....and suddenly this thread has one billion more posts, and my Plo Koon Thread has fallen off the face of the earth.......:crybaby:

Oh well, i suppose i will live eh?

I think you are completely insane agent smith.....i mean, what kind of person picks a minor, hardly ever seen character in a movie and chooses to think that they are some kind of cool person? And before anyone says anything....Plo Koon is not minor, nor is he hardly ever seen......he is the main character in episode 2.....it's not about anakin, it's about Plo Koon!!!!!!HA!
oh i'm just joking, i think you are completely sane smith, and i love you! 3heart
Tell that guy in that other forum (you traitor;)) That if he doesn't back off he'll have an angry Kel Dor ET Warrior after him!!! That'll scare him for sure!
 AgentSmith
07-24-2002, 7:37 AM
Lol! So true, I am truly insane. :evil2: (The prozac doesn't help anymore. :p)
You're so wrong man, Episode II is all about Aayla Secura!!! Everyone knows that! :p :lol:

I love you too! *Sniff sniff* ... what a Kodak moment. :p

I'm actually at theforce.net forums because Jan Duursema who pencils Aayla sometimes posts there. :) Which is cool, she now knows I exist and am a fan! :)
There's some people who know Amy Allen, have her E-mail and regular address but they can't give it out to me just like that. Which I understand but still sad you know. Since she no longer works at ILM I have no way of reaching her for fanmail and stuff. :(
 AgentSmith
07-24-2002, 8:08 AM
Some great official news from Dark Horse, who publish the Star Wars comics featuring Aayla Secura.
Randy Stradley, Star Wars Editor for Dark Horse comics has stated that with the change of the Star Wars Ongoing series into Star Wars: Republic in september, the characters (I quote) "Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Aayla Secura, Quinlan Vos, and other famous Jedi will continue to hold center stage as an emerging galactic conflict swirls around them." :)

You can find his whole editor note here at dark horse comics : http://www.darkhorse.com/products/zones/starwars_popup.html?item=6)

After the nasty rumours that Dark Horse would be through with characters like Aayla and Quinlan and only focus on Obi-Wan and Anakin it is nice to know we'll most likely see some comics or even multiple issue series about Aayla Secura. :D
 ET Warrior
07-25-2002, 8:44 PM
"Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Aayla Secura, Quinlan Vos, and other famous Jedi will continue to hold center stage as an emerging galactic conflict swirls around them

What the.......who the.......where the hell is Plo Koon?!?!?!? ;):p

It matters not though.....because i dont read the comics...and why you ask? I have no money to buy them for one...spent it all on that X-box.(wonderful investment though......many many hours have i spent playing 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 Halo....:evil1: )

And there are so many, i wouldn't even know where or how to start....i'd just go nuts.........
 AgentSmith
07-26-2002, 2:56 AM
Yeah there's tons of comics out there, plus Dark Horse reprinting Marvel's old Star Wars comics again.
I just get those involving Aayla Secura (or Episode II events, or Jan Duursema's artwork).

'Other famous Jedi' would probably include Plo Koon I think. (Since they didn't mention Yoda or Mace Windu either. But they probably will focus on those 4 for consistency.)

I have some friends who say Halo is just the greatest FPS game ever. Is it really that good? :)

I still haven't been able to find out Amy Allen's address or E-mail. I hope I will sometime soon, I can be patient but I wouldn't want to not ever be able to send her any fanmail and all. (I'm starting to feel really depressed I missed Celebration II because I wanted to meet her and get her autograph. I hope soon her site will be up and that it will have an address to contact her. Should I consider begging to the people who do have it?) :( <-- Sad Smithy ...

:p
 ET Warrior
07-26-2002, 3:11 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith

I have some friends who say Halo is just the greatest FPS game ever. Is it really that good? :)

It is that good, yes. It's amazingly fun when you link up two X-boxes, and can play 4 on 4 CTF.....but you cannot see your enemies screens, and you have no idea where they're comin from....it's awesome. And if you want everyone to hate you, just camp yourself in a well hidden area and snipe people.....fun, but annoying as hell! ;)
 AgentSmith
07-26-2002, 4:16 AM
Well I honestly suck a bit at FPS in tense combat situations, I was never really good at it and JKIIJO kind of made it worse since I'm prone to always using the lightsaber, which can be used as a shield, defensively to deflect fire. :p

But being mr. Sneaky Agent I love to find me a good perch out of sight and start sniping people, unsuspecting targets! Bwahahaha. :p ;)
 AgentSmith
07-26-2002, 4:19 AM
Has anyone of you ever attended a Star Wars convention or General Sci-Fi/Comic book, Sci-Fi book/movies convention?
(E.g. Celebration II?)

If so what were your experiences, was it worth it, expensive or cheap, did you get any interesting items, meet interesting people, get cool autographs?

If not would you ever like to attend one?

:)
 Hannibal
07-26-2002, 10:18 AM
I went to a comic book convention a long time ago(10 years) but there weren't any celebrities. Just guys who either wrote or penciled comics signing autographs. I never went to another one ever again. :D
 ET Warrior
07-27-2002, 1:40 PM
I would really really love to goto star wars celebration.....it angers me, celebration 1 was held in Denver.....80 miles from my town. But i was only in 8th grade at the time and had no means of getting there :mad:

anybody have the slightest idea where celebration 3 is going to be at?
 AgentSmith
07-27-2002, 4:56 PM
Well those who organized Celebration II and the fans who attended were apparently all very happy with the Indianapolis location and how most things were handled.

I have heard that Celebration III might be in Indianapolis again.
 ET Warrior
07-28-2002, 3:13 PM
i think they should do it in denver again :evil1: That would be wonderfully awesome....:D:D:D:D
 AgentSmith
07-28-2002, 4:09 PM
Well since anywher ein the USA as far away regardless for me at this point it doesn't matter much. As long as I get to attend Celebration III and hopefully meet the people I want to there it's all good. :)
 Hannibal
07-30-2002, 10:51 AM
If they have it near you probably only the ewoks would show up.
Fate is a cruel mistress.:)(Or is it gravity?)
 AgentSmith
07-30-2002, 3:29 PM
This comes straight from Jan Duursema who pencils Aayla Secura for the Dark Horse Star Wars comics.
According to her it's best to check out issue #49 of Star Wars Republic due for December 2002, Aayla action promised! :D

Yay! :)
 Darth Exar Kun
07-31-2002, 1:07 AM
wtf is an aayla secura
 ET Warrior
07-31-2002, 2:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! you asked the dreaded question! Now we must endure the posts of AgentSmith with his dreaded Aayla talk!!!! AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:eek: :eek: :eek: (j/k smithy, i love your talk ;))

Actually, you can read ALL about aayla secura, pretty much any thing you could ever want to know has been covered in this thread.
 AgentSmith
07-31-2002, 3:20 AM
Originally posted by Darth Exar Kun
wtf is an aayla secura

Oy! Some people... :tsk:

Nah! :p Just messing with you. Ok. Here goes. :)

Aayla Secura is a Jedi Knight who stars in Episode II Attack of the Clones.
She is a blue Rutian Twi’lek. You can see her in many scenes in Episode II (e.g. The Jedi Temple and Arena Battle).

She was first created in the Dark Horse Star Wars comics, written by John Ostrander & penciled by Jan Duursema. It was a cover art made Jon Foster for 'Darkness 2' that inspired George Lucas to include her in AOTC as he saw star potential. She was portrayed in AOTC by then ILM employee, Amy Allen who worked as a production assistant on Ep II. Amy did 4 days of green screen shooting and was then digitally added as Ep II was already well into post-production.

Aayla has appeared in these Dark Horse Star Wars comics :
'Twilight'
'Heart of Fire' (In Dark Horse Extra #35-37)
'Darkness'
'The Stark Hyperspace War'
'Rite of Passage'
'Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones' comic version

And off course as a live action character played by Amy Allen in Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones.

You can find lots of info on Aayla here:
http://www.temoto.co.uk/aayla/)

(With an entire timeline on the events of her life. Also posted above on this page.)

And at starwars.com as well:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aaylasecura/index.html)
&
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/feature/20020618/index.html)
 MotionMan
07-31-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! you asked the dreaded question! Now we must endure the posts of AgentSmith with his dreaded Aayla talk!!!! AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:eek: :eek: :eek: (j/k smithy, i love your talk ;))
:lol:
 AgentSmith
08-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Well I hope my explanations were good so that he knows now who Aayla is. :)

Wonder if he was really serious and ever came back to read the answer? :confused: Oh well.
 AgentSmith
08-05-2002, 3:19 AM
The San Diego Comic-con was held last week/end (Agust 1 to August 4) and on day 2 the following lovely young lady was present:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/07/comiccon/img/28.jpg)

Why oh why wasn't I able to go ... besides the fact the Atlantic Ocean is in my way ...
But I won't give up my quest to one day attend a convention and meet Amy Allen. (Along with other great Star Wars people.)
Page: 4 of 19