Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jango clones don't look like Jango

Page: 1 of 1
 Skyro
05-19-2002, 8:55 PM
Is it just me, or do the clones eating dinner at Kamino look nothing like Jango Fett? It's not just that they don't look like him at all, but they look exactly like the guard with the metal thing over his left eye, the same guy who said something like "there was no danger at all" right before the ship blew up at the beginning. (What's his name?)

There must be three reasons for this:

1) The clones look like that guard for reasons that will be explained in Episode III.

2) The clones DO look like Jango Fett. You and everyone you saw the movie with have bad vision or something.

3) Jango was sick the day they were going to shoot that scene, so they got the guard to take his place and they hoped no one would notice.

Knowledge, please!
 Wossname
05-19-2002, 9:05 PM
I didn't think they looked like the guard (Jay Laga'ia) or Jango Fett (Temuera Morrison). He was definitely polynesian, but looked a little more heavyset than either of those two.

Remember that they were modified clones of Jango Fett, so they might reasonably look a little different.
 Topdan
05-19-2002, 9:13 PM
Jango looks like hes 40 something, and the clones look like they're lke 20 something...

In 20 years, I won't look like I do right now...

And as previously said, they were modified clones...
 Moses
05-19-2002, 9:34 PM
The age thing makes sense. Guys eating dinner were younger versions of Jango. You got to remember too that Jango was battle torn. I perfect clone of his DNA wouldn't have his scars or anything.
 S!l3nc3
05-20-2002, 4:36 AM
The clones are younger and this is why they dont look like him at least exactly like him they look a lil chinese but they still look like jango oh well movie kicked ass im happy lol
 dorain8
05-21-2002, 12:07 AM
same actor but

1. jango is older
2. jango has all scars on his face
3. hair style is different
4. facial exspressions are diferent
 Andrinor
05-21-2002, 3:05 AM
It's still odd that the similarity is so striking. I've talked to a number of people about the movie who thought the clones looked just like the guard. Why would they do something like that, something confusing that probably could've easily been changed?
 Skyro
05-21-2002, 4:42 AM
I'm glad to know it's not just me who thinks they alll look like that guard. What they should have done is filmed the scene with Jango Fett and digitally remove the scars. Who cares if his clones are a bit younger? They could easily have explained that the growth acceleration was fast enough to make them catch up to jango's present self. In fact, who's to say it wasn't?

It really looks like a totally different actor. That wouldn't be quite as mysterious if the person they appeared to be didn't already have another role in the movie.
 OldSkoolJedi
05-21-2002, 4:49 AM
Be Explained In Ep 3, It Will Be

Until Then, Wait, You Must.

MmMmMmMmMmM

Who Carez ?! They All Gotz Helmets On Anyways !

Lol j/k Maybe ITz An Evil Conspiracy That Leads To The Ewok Empire !
 dorain8
05-27-2002, 3:38 AM
READ THE CREDITS!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 of 1