Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Powers

Page: 1 of 2
 Topdan
05-18-2002, 9:23 PM
As far as I know, here are the powers that are used by the different jedis we have seen in the movies:

Luke Skywalker:
Pull/Push (his saber in the wampa's cave)
Mind Trick (you will bring me to your master in ROTJ)
Grip (the guards in Jabba's palace)
Jump (when he falls in the carbonite thing)

Yoda:
Pull/Push (his saber)
Absorb (Dooku's lightning)
Jump (again against Dooku
Speed (in his with with Dooku, it had to be force speed)

Obi-Wan:
Mind Trick (rethink your life)
Pull/Push (his saber)
Jump (fighting against Darth Maul)
Speed (running away from the droidekas)

Qui-Gon Jinn:
Pull/Push (battle droids)

Darth Vader:
Pull/Push (he pushes things to Luke)
Grip (apologies accepted Cpt Needar)

Palpatine/Sidious:
Lightning (to Luke in ROTJ)

Darth Maul:
Pull/Push (he throws things in the hangar)

Count Dooku:
Pull/Push (at Yoda)
Lightning (at Anakin and Yoda)

I appears that force lightning can only be a Dark side thing. But not force grip, as Luke used it too.
 Av8tor
05-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Remember that luke really has no master, he had to learn on his own. As a result he nearly falls to the dark side in: return of the jedi. It's not that a light jedi can't use grip, it's that he wouldn't. The force allows jedi to manipulate their invironment. In simplest terms lightening is the transfer of electrons from a source with a surpluss of electrons to a source with a deficit of electrons. So a jedi simply forces the transfer. Same with grip the jedi simply constricts the tissues of the victom's throat to induce suffocation.
All of these powers are violent and shouldn't be used by jedi.

Also It would be cool I think if maybe in the next movie one of the force powers could be holding your opponent up and making them spontaniously combust. Uber-cool
 YODA_ROCKS!!!
05-18-2002, 10:41 PM
well heres the thing the only dark powers luke uses is when he goes for his lightsaber to strike down sidious. as for the guards in Jabba palace that was more of a light push then grip. if you look at vaders hands when he uses force grip its just with 2 fingers, luke uses his whole hand. witch means more of a push towards the throat witch would choke up the that person. almost like getting hit in the throat, not like getting choked to death.
 Darth Matrix
05-19-2002, 4:29 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Yoda appeared to be using the lightning too.

I believe that there are no differences to what Jedi or Sith can do. Sith can just use the Force easier, cause they use the Dark Side.

It's how they both use the Force that really makes the difference between Jedi and Sith (ie Dooku used telekinisis to crush everybody, Yoda used it to save everybody).
 dorain8
05-19-2002, 8:08 PM
Yoda vs. Dooku
yoda uses reflection not lightning, if you notcie the lkightning was created by dooku reflected back by yoda

Luke vs. piggy
that was definatly choke
slightly differnt hand motions have nothing to do with the power

if you doubt me
push back on your thorat what happens your whole body is pushed backwards

grip your throat and squeeze
you die

TO DARTH MATRIX
 dorain8
05-19-2002, 8:14 PM
Yoda vs. Dooku
yoda uses reflection not lightning, if you notcie the lkightning was created by dooku reflected back by yoda

Luke vs. piggy
that was definatly choke
slightly differnt hand motions have nothing to do with the power

if you doubt me
push back on your thorat what happens your whole body is pushed backwards

grip your throat and squeeze
you die

TO DARTH MATRIX
most powers are used by both light and dark
but there are a few that are unique to each side
absorb = light
grip = dark (**Luke uses it too but i will explain below**)
mind trick = light
lightning = dark

luke uses grip too
but remember luke in rotj is turning towards the dark side before he encounters master yoda again

DONT FORGET JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS A DARK JEDI DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE A SITH!
 Darth Matrix
05-20-2002, 12:21 AM
*sigh*

Would you quit calling the Force powers 'grip, absorb, etc.'
Grip, push, and pull are all forms of Jedi Telekinisis. They are called 'push, pull, and grip' becuase to label them all as telekinisis in DFII and JO would just confuse the players.

The Jedi in the films don't seem to give the powers those stupid names. They are simply skills in the Force. Obi-wan doesn't say "My Force Seeing is better than yours,' he says 'My senses are better than yours' (The line went something like that, I can't remember correctly).

The coining of different powers to specific sides of the Force to seems to be an Expanded Universe thing. The Force powers in the books, comics, and games are not what George Lucas thinks.

Yoda was clearly throwing the lightning as well as Dooku. Granted, he was absorbing the lightning thrown at him, but he was clearly trying to do some shocking as well (clearly a no-no, according to the Expanded Universe).

It's obvious Lucas' visions of the Jedi contradict what is displayed in the games, novels, and comics. To try and rationalize those contradictions is pointless, seeing the great differences in them. Besides, as others have said in LucasBooks and LucasFilms, the only true plotline is the films, and the Expanded Universe should be treated as an alternate universe.
 tfp321
05-20-2002, 4:03 AM
I agree.
There are no titles to force powers. The only difference between push and pull is moving it in a different direction.
The dark side and the light both use the same powers with controlling the force, just choices not to use certain powers.
One more thing Darth Vadar throws his saber. Just control his saber in flight but still is pretty cool.
 Wossname
05-20-2002, 9:56 PM
I always thought the rule was "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defence. Never for attack." (As stated by Yoda in Empire, during Luke's training)

That's why Jedi use light sabers. If they used the force to kill people, it would be the Dark Side, regardless of who they were killing. If Luke had killed, or intended to kill the guy in Jabba's palace with his choke, that would have been the Dark Side. As it was, it was only borderline.

That's why, even though Anakin has slaughtered a whole tribe of sand people, he's not turned to the dark side yet - because he used his saber, not the force.

This is all just my analysis based solely on the movies and no other source material, but it's always made sense to me, and still does with the new movie.
 Tank_Comie4545
05-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Topdan
As far as I know, here are the powers that are used by the different jedis we have seen in the movies:

Luke Skywalker:
Pull/Push (his saber in the wampa's cave)
Mind Trick (you will bring me to your master in ROTJ)
Grip (the guards in Jabba's palace)
Jump (when he falls in the carbonite thing)

Yoda:
Pull/Push (his saber)
Absorb (Dooku's lightning)
Jump (again against Dooku
Speed (in his with with Dooku, it had to be force speed)

Obi-Wan:
Mind Trick (rethink your life)
Pull/Push (his saber)

Qui-Gon Jinn:
Pull/Push (battle droids)

Darth Vader:
Pull/Push (he pushes things to Luke)
Grip (apologies accepted Cpt Needar)

Palpatine/Sidious:
Lightning (to Luke in ROTJ)

Darth Maul:
Pull/Push (he throws things in the hangar)

Count Dooku:
Pull/Push (at Yoda)
Lightning (at Anakin and Yoda)

I appears that force lightning can only be a Dark side thing. But not force grip, as Luke used it too.

That did not not need to be force speed, he just could be a race that can sprint. Personaly i would rather think that he is just that fast and if he used force speed he would be a god!!!!
 Darth Matrix
05-20-2002, 11:37 PM
I'm getting close to spazzing out. 'Force Speed' is another term coined by JO. Yoda wasn't using Force Speed. Yoda was using the Force to enhance his movement. That is all.
 Caldera
05-21-2002, 12:57 AM
The whole idea of using a lightsaber is that you can use it solely for defence, and only use it for attack if you need to. And, you can also damage an enemy only with the same thing they try to hit you with. For example in JO, you can just stand there and block all the laser blasts that gets shot at you. Or, you can deflect them back at those shooting you, so basically you are inflicting the harm back to those who try to cause it. A lightsabre is definately a defensive weapon. There is no way you can use a blaster defensively. This is why jedi use lightsabers. This is why Darth Sidious never uses a lightsaber (other dark jedi/sith are still very used to using them, and they dont care about the morals of using a sabre. They find it useful for deflecting blaster bolts.)
 dorain8
05-21-2002, 1:26 AM
YODA DOES NOT EMINATE LIGHTNING EVER

he reflects it

OYA AND IF YOU WATCH THE MOVIE YOU SEE THAT WHEN YODA THROWS THE LIGHTNIG BACK, IT WAS STILL THE SAME BOLT AS THE ONE DOOKU THREW
IF YOU WATCH THE MOVIE YOU WILL SEE THAT YODA BLOCKS IT EASILY, BUT IT TAKES HIM A LITTLE WHILE TO REFLECT IT BACK

AT NO TIME DID THE LIGHTNING DISAPPEAR
MEANING AT NO TIME DOES YODA CREATE HIS OWN BOLT OF LIGHTNING

AND GUESS WHAT ELSE MATRIX BOY
JEDI OUTCAST'S METHOD OF FIGHTING WAS BASED ON THE FIGHTING IN EPISODE 2
SO WERE THE FORCE POWERS

OYA AND IF YOU PLAY THE STARWARS CCG YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT FORCE CHOKE IS A DARKSIDE POWER
(NOT TO YOU: CCG IS 100% TRUE TO THE MOVIES)

- WHY CAN'T YOU POEPLE ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YODA WAS JUST THAT DAMN GOOD?
HUH?
MACE WINDU WAS KNOWN FOR HIS STRENGTH
YODA WAS KNOWN FOR WISDOM AND HIS USE OF A LGIHTSABER

The Jedi in the films don't seem to give the powers those stupid names. They are simply skills in the Force. Obi-wan doesn't say "My Force Seeing is better than yours,' he says 'My senses are better than yours' (The line went something like that, I can't remember correctly).

ALL OBIWAN IS SAYING IN THAT LINE IS THAT ANAKIN IS TRAINED ENOUGH TO RISK PADME'S LIFE WITH HIS ABILITIES TO USE THE FORCE

LEMME ASK YOU THIS IN FINAL, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN
"SEEING" AND "WITNESSING"
O WAIT IT IS 2 DIFFERENT WORDS FOR THE SAME EXACT ACTION

AND SINCE NONE OF US ARE LUCAS HIMSELF AND KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HE THINKS I THINK WE SHOULD DROP THE SUBJECT
CUZ I HAVE A WHOLE LOT MORE SUPPORT IN THE BOOKS GAMES
(O WAIT EVERYTHING STARWARS) AND YOU AHVE YOUR HALF BAKED OPINION
 Frizbee
05-21-2002, 2:56 AM
Every Jedi can use "Grip" or "Lightning" as in the Starwars universe there are not seperate powers like in the games. You just use the force to manipulate your environment.

The only reason Jedi Knights do not walk around "Gripping" people is because the Jedi Knight believe the force is there to protect the innocent. It is not a tool for violence.

If necessary then certainly they have the ability to strike an opponent down with lightning, or choking them to death, but they prefer not violent ways of solving problems (Hence the reason for their negotiation attempt in episode 1) And why the Lightsaber is their only weapon.. lightsabers really if you think about it, being a defensive weapon.

Now, when you look at the Dark Side, the Sith and Dark Jedi don't care how they achieve their goals, just as long as they do.. therefore they have no qualms about using the force to kill.. using it as a weapon. Offensively.
 Darth Matrix
05-21-2002, 3:01 AM
Calm down, turn off the caps lock, and stop trying to insult me. This is not a flame war, but if you want to make it one, i'd love to play.

CUZ I HAVE A WHOLE LOT MORE SUPPORT IN THE BOOKS GAMES
(O WAIT EVERYTHING STARWARS) AND YOU AHVE YOUR HALF BAKED OPINIONI've read tons of books (and judging from your grammar, I'd say you havn't) and played tons of SW games. I 'd say I'm qualified to make an opinion. My opinion isn't half-baked, I've thought over the nature of the Force for at least a year now (writing too much Star Wars fanfiction will do that to you. -_-).

The books and games are not written by Geoge Lucas (granted, he does OK them), and he even admits there will be contradictions between the films and the novels/games/comics. If you havn't noticed by now, the games, comics, and books sport tons of inconsistencies between the films.

For example, in the novels, the Jedi can sense almost every single lifeform around them (easily, too!). In the film, Obi and Ani only sensed those poisionous bugs last minute. If they were like the Jedi from the books, they would be able to sense those bugs the second they entered the room (if not sooner!).

OYA AND IF YOU PLAY THE STARWARS CCG YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT FORCE CHOKE IS A DARKSIDE POWER
(NOT TO YOU: CCG IS 100% TRUE TO THE MOVIES)I'm sure it is a Dark Side power, and I never said it wasn't. I said it was another aspect of telekinisis. I also said to call it 'Force Grip' when watching the film is dumb, because it is never called Force Grip in the films. NOT. ONCE. Darth Vader never ever called it Force Grip. Luke Skywalker never called it Force Grip. Yoda never called it Force Grip. AND ABOVE ALL, GEORGE LUCAS NEVER CALLED IT FORCE GRIP!!!!

When referring to a game, yeah it's Force Grip, because the intruction guide says it is. But when your watching the films, it just sounds dumb (IMHO). I don't think, 'Whoah, he's using Force Grip,' I think 'Whoah, he's strangling that guy with the Force! Sweat!'

If you want to continue to do that, fine by me. I'm just pointing out how stupid you sound when you talk like that.

AND GUESS WHAT ELSE MATRIX BOY
JEDI OUTCAST'S METHOD OF FIGHTING WAS BASED ON THE FIGHTING IN EPISODE 2
SO WERE THE FORCE POWERSWTF? It's based on the fighting in Episode II?! Episode II wasn't even out when JO was being made, and I doubt Mr. Lucas gave a special sneak-peak to Raven because they were making a Star Wars game. Feel free to disprove me if you have some proof, though.

JO's Force powers are based on Dark Forces II (multiplayer) and the films. The saber fighting, I'm sure, was taken from Episode I, not II.

OYA AND IF YOU WATCH THE MOVIE YOU SEE THAT WHEN YODA THROWS THE LIGHTNIG BACK, IT WAS STILL THE SAME BOLT AS THE ONE DOOKU THREW
IF YOU WATCH THE MOVIE YOU WILL SEE THAT YODA BLOCKS IT EASILY, BUT IT TAKES HIM A LITTLE WHILE TO REFLECT IT BACK We can spend forever arguing about if Yoda through the lightning or reflected it. I believe he threw it, and I'll continue to think that until I see the movie again to verify, or until George Lucas comes up and slaps me and tells me it was reflected. Either way, I'm willing to save this particular argument for another day.

ALL OBIWAN IS SAYING IN THAT LINE IS THAT ANAKIN IS TRAINED ENOUGH TO RISK PADME'S LIFE WITH HIS ABILITIES TO USE THE FORCE I know why he said it, dip****! I was proving that the film characters don't use the Force names that are used in JO! Reread what I said again, and you'll notice I didn't say anything about him not trusting Anikan's Force abilities!

Last thing, I WASN"T SAYING YOUR WRONG!!!! I was disagreeing with you, but I never said your wrong and I'm right. We're all entitled to our own opinion, including yourself(unfortuantly).
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:03 AM
Just to the debaters....

Yoda both reflects AND absorbs the lightning. He reflects it the first time, he absorbs it the second time.....
 Darth Matrix
05-21-2002, 3:06 AM
Frizbee, thanks. That's what I've been trying to say all this time, but I seem to have danced all around that point.
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:08 AM
I just watched it again now...hehehe...
 Topdan
05-21-2002, 3:12 AM
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El
Just to the debaters....

Yoda both reflects AND absorbs the lightning. He reflects it the first time, he absorbs it the second time.....

I agree on this. I've seen the movie twice and I can witness that.
 Darth Matrix
05-21-2002, 3:13 AM
Since so many people think that, I will concede. I think I was having a visual-crack overdose at the moment, though (Episode II will do that to you :)).
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:17 AM
I can check it again right now if you want me to :p
 Darth Matrix
05-21-2002, 3:21 AM
No thanks.
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:22 AM
I'll check it again...just to see the Yoda fight again. Then later today I'm gonna go see the movie at the cinema again (3rd time lol)
 Darth Matrix
05-21-2002, 3:26 AM
I tried to see it again today, but it was sold out. I had good luck my 1st time though, I saw it opening day. I got to the theater 15 minute before the show started and still managed to score a ticket and good seats.
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:28 AM
I always go there an hour before. Then get the ticket, then go outside sit in the sun, eat some ice-cream, and then when it's about to start, I just go in :p
 Darth Matrix
05-21-2002, 3:37 AM
LOL! I wish it was that easy where I live. If your no in there beofre the movie starts, your not seeing it, regardless if you bought the ticket (the dopes at the theater oversell).

Strange conversation... It went from arguing about Force Powers to talking about how we go and see Episode II...
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:42 AM
Well as long as it's productive ;)
 dorain8
05-21-2002, 2:41 PM
DUDE SORRY this was one of the last threads i entered after aboiut an hour and i was gettin really pissed off about people mis interpretting the movie

i have watched the movie 4 times already IN THE CINEMA
hell i went twice opening day!

yoda does not eminate his own lightning blot, the 1st time i saw it i thought he did but i realized in the next 3 times he is still trying to reflect it
 K_Kinnison
05-21-2002, 3:30 PM
ya know, the force powers in JKII have nothing to do with how they are in the movie

There are a few basic powers

Telekentics (moving objects, affeting objects)
Body enhancment (Jumps, breathing, focusing, heightended senses)
Precognition (seeing into the future)
Telepathy (Mainly Emtions, not thoughts or pictures)

Now there are a few gray areas:

Force Lightning: Is basically channelling of your hate, notice it allways travels from the fingers

Energy Reflection/absorb we see yoda do both
 Wossname
05-22-2002, 8:38 AM
You forget the most important aspect of using the Force: You must hold your hand out in front of you, or wave it around in some manner.

(That always annoyed me, but I suppose it's the nature of movies that there needs to be some visual indication of what someone's doing in their mind.)
 BlackDove
05-22-2002, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by dorain8
DUDE SORRY this was one of the last threads i entered after aboiut an hour and i was gettin really pissed off about people mis interpretting the movie

i have watched the movie 4 times already IN THE CINEMA
hell i went twice opening day!

yoda does not eminate his own lightning blot, the 1st time i saw it i thought he did but i realized in the next 3 times he is still trying to reflect it

Next 3 times? No dude it went like this. Dooku fires a bolt at Yoda, Yoda sustains the whole bunch and reflects it back to Dooku, whereas Dooku fires his lightning back, so in the middle it cracks, and makes a 3rd passage (which took out some rocks), then Dooku fires again, and Yoda reflects it around himself, and the final blow, Yoda just sustains (absorbs)
 Miracleasd
05-22-2002, 12:30 PM
you missed a few.

as someone else mentioned vader used saber throw
luke used dark rage in rotj (against vader)
qui-gon used mind trick (on watto, didnt work but he used it)
 dorain8
05-22-2002, 3:27 PM
it didnt have to mean he used dark rage

i think luke just went skitso
 Faye Ying
05-22-2002, 4:19 PM
hi guys.
sorry to **** on your party, but the saber movements wasn't based on any movies. sure, there could of been influence, but they were not taken from the movies.

a guy named Luke LaFontaine was hired by Raven to choreograph the saber fights. its based on a mixture of kendo and western sword fighting.

if you want proof, here it is, from SFI (Sword Forum International)
http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2926)

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1678)
 K_Kinnison
05-23-2002, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El

Next 3 times? No dude it went like this. Dooku fires a bolt at Yoda, Yoda sustains the whole bunch and reflects it back to Dooku, whereas Dooku fires his lightning back, so in the middle it cracks, and makes a 3rd passage (which took out some rocks), then Dooku fires again, and Yoda reflects it around himself, and the final blow, Yoda just sustains (absorbs)

ahem... nope

The whole scene...

Dooku Bolts Yoda... Yoda blocks the attack and collects it, then redirects it to doouk, Dooku REFLECTS IT and it hits the ceiling

Then Dooku bolts again, yoda blocks the attack, collects it, then ABOSRBS IT.

2 bolts, 1 redirect, 1 deflect, 1 absorb.
 Jahs
05-23-2002, 4:44 PM
Have a question.

Why didn't Obi Wan use the force to pull his saber to him when he fought Jango?!
 Jahs
05-23-2002, 4:46 PM
Obi Used Mind trick on Those stormtroopers in ANH too.
 Jahs
05-23-2002, 4:49 PM
AND (lol) Vader blocked some blasterrounds with his hand in ESB
 Faye Ying
05-23-2002, 5:41 PM
jah's >> he didn't need his saber against jango in hand to hand.
it was all fine until he shot his grappling hook around obi's wrist haha

i think vader deflected the shots with his hand, not block
 Jedi_Monk
05-23-2002, 6:20 PM
Obi-Wan was reaching out with his hand to collect his saber, giving Jango a clear shot at his hands, so he tangled them up with his wire.
 Darth Matrix
05-23-2002, 11:22 PM
I agree, Luke went skitso in his final fight with Vader (granted, he COULD have been using his anger to give him advantage, but It appeared that Luke just spazzed out).a guy named Luke LaFontaine was hired by Raven to choreograph the saber fights. its based on a mixture of kendo and western sword fighting. Thanks for clarrifying that.
 GreenDevil
05-24-2002, 12:51 AM
I know that the movies aren't based on the games and such at all, but I thought it would be cool if Plo Koon could use his orange version of lightning like in Jedi Power Battles :)

Hey, I can dream can't I? :)
 She'ba Katana
05-24-2002, 8:57 AM
Originally posted by Wossname

That's why, even though Anakin has slaughtered a whole tribe of sand people, he's not turned to the dark side yet - because he used his saber, not the force.

I don't think this is making sense. All Jedi improve their lightsaber skill by using the force. Espacially when they deflect laserbolds. (See Luke practicing with the drone in ANH)
Without useing the force they would be not more than a good skilled fencer.
But nowone can reflect bolds, without using the force. I think he needed it to strike down a whole tusken-clan.

This was obviously a second, important step towards the dark side.
 Keiran Halcyon
05-24-2002, 11:08 AM
Lets see a complete thing:

Qui-Gon Jin:
Enhaced breath (dioxis!)
Enhaced movemens-velocity (this is a wihtstand, lets go)
Enhaced reflexes (with lightsaber)
'Force knockout' (with jar jar in the bongo. 'relax')
'Force telekinesis( push)' (droids)
'Force mind trick (wiht Boss Nass and Watto)
'Force Jump' (to the Queen Ship)
'Force relaxation/meditation' (duel with Maul)

Obi-Wan Kenobi:
Enhaced Breath (as qui-gon)
Enhaced movements-velocity (as qui-gon)
Enhaced reflexes (with lightsaber and Jedi Fighter)
Enhaced voice (krayt dragon roar in ANH)
'Force Jump' (many times)
'Force mind trick' (many times)
'Force telekinesis (Pull)' (saber and galaxy ball)
'Force make sounds' (with the Stormtroopers in ANH)
'Force phantom'

Anakin Skywalker:
Enhaced reflexes (with lightsaber)
'Force Jump'
Force telekinesis (pull and push)
Force relaxation/meditation (in padme's retreat, in the balcony after nightmare)
'Force phantom'
Future visions

Darth Vader:
Force deflect (blaster shots)
Force Choke
Force read mind(he tried with leia)
Saber throw? Maybe not
Enhaced reflexes
Force telekinesis (pull and push)

Luke Skywalker:
Enhaced reflexes
Force seeing (in ANH with the helmet)
Force Choke
Force Jump
Force Telekinesis
Future visions
Force mind trick

Yoda:
Force absorb
Force deflect
Force jump
Enhaced movements
Enhaced reflexes
Force telekinesis
Future Visions
Force relaxation/meditation
Force phantom
Force 'Sith cannot sense me'
Darth Maul:
Force telekinesis
Force read mind

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine:
Force mind control (federation, troops....)
Force lightning
Force ' jedi cannot sense me'
Force read mind
Force Telekinesis (opens Luke's hand-restrain)
Future Visions

Count dooku:
Enhaced reflexes
Force jump
Force lightning
Force telekinesis

well may i have left something, so post it! :)
 Rajess MoDuron
05-24-2002, 11:12 AM
Okay, Luke does not CHOKE the piggy. It goes to sleep and ignores him after going back to it's place on the wall, that was some kind of mind trick rather than choke.
 Keiran Halcyon
05-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Rajess MoDuron
Okay, Luke does not CHOKE the piggy. It goes to sleep and ignores him after going back to it's place on the wall, that was some kind of mind trick rather than choke.

I didn't meant he killed him, only left him unconscious. I remember seeing the Gamorrean making choking sounds and taking his hand to his throat.
 OldSkoolJedi
05-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Yeah Darth vader does use "force manipulation?" for his lightsaber in RotJ right at the end where he throws it to get luke off the barrasters(?)
 Rajess MoDuron
05-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Oh I know that, but it doesn't slump unconsiously. It moves over to where it was and falls back asleep.
 Keiran Halcyon
05-24-2002, 3:20 PM
Maybe he choked and them used the forece to sleep him?
 Vestril
05-24-2002, 3:46 PM

They don't fall asleep, they just get pushed back into the wall and the camera cuts away. They presumably just decide to leave him be. Also, Keiran--from your name I would think that you would no better than to try and resolve the Force into all of those separate things ;).
Page: 1 of 2