Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Good God, so many parallels...

Page: 1 of 1
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:33 AM
There are so many parallels between the two trilogies, I cannot even BEGIN to list them...

No wait, I can. Feel free to add... I'm too tired to list many as it's like 2AM.

One I noticed was the fact that Jango Fett died because he fell into the arena and his jetpack malfunctions... Boba Fett died because he fell into the Sarlaac and his jetpack malfunctions. Of course since they are technically the same person (DNA-wise), I suppose that's only fitting.
 Craz
05-18-2002, 4:36 AM
At the end of both middle episodes a Skywalker loses his right hand.
 MadCowRunner
05-18-2002, 4:37 AM
Luke really is his father's son... Both lose a limb due to rushing headlong into a battle that they're really not prepared to enter...

EDIT: Gahh, beat me to it...
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:39 AM
Ah yes, and I believe it's important to note that both did it in a fit of anger! But while Luke manages to eventually push his anger aside (Episode 6), Anakin lets it consume him (Episode 3).
 Craz
05-18-2002, 4:41 AM
I suppose the asteroid thingy is too obvious to mention here. :)
 MadCowRunner
05-18-2002, 4:46 AM
Good point Rich.

And I don't think anyone can miss the relation of Han and Leia's pre-Hancicle declarations of love to Anakin and Padme's pre-Gladiator one...

They should have had Russell Crowe do a cameo in that scene... :D
 Socabapu
05-23-2002, 4:55 PM
Yoda does some good force moving of heavy objects.
 The Blind Jedi
05-23-2002, 5:06 PM
Obi Wan shows he knows how to handle himself in a bar fight, while saving a Skywalker in the process.
 Taximes
05-24-2002, 12:15 AM
I dont think anyone can deny Jango hitting head on the Slave I, and the stormtrooper hits his in Episode IV :D I missed Jango hitting his head, but it's what I hear.

Lucas probably put it in purposely, it's only fitting considering the Stormtroopers have his DNA.
 sparky_fox
05-24-2002, 8:23 AM
storm troopers dont have his DNA, only clone troopers do.
 Darklighter
05-24-2002, 8:32 AM
Folowing on from The Blind Jedi's statement, Obi-Wan cuts off the attacker's hand/arm in a bar in both AOTC and ANH.
 RichDiesal
05-24-2002, 12:28 PM
Excellent, excellent. :D This post is going places.

As for this...

storm troopers dont have his DNA, only clone troopers do.

Yes. :D The thing is, no more clones were made after the Kamino facility stopped its production for the Old Republic... so by the time Stormtroopers are in full force in Episode IV come about, their accelerated aging processes would put them all at least 50 or 60 years old (since they're already 30 by the time they get off the assembly line.)

And I promise you, the Empire didn't use many old grizzly warriors for stormtroopers... that was one of the major theories of the Empire: Stormtroopers (along with TIEs) are expendable. They just have that many resources that they only want the youngest most capable warriors.

And Jango doesn't actually hit his head, he just ducks suddenly underneath the door to Slave I as it closes. :p
 CupO'Coffee
05-24-2002, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by RichDiesal
Ah yes, and I believe it's important to note that both did it in a fit of anger! But while Luke manages to eventually push his anger aside (Episode 6), Anakin lets it consume him (Episode 3).

to be honest, i can't remember that luke did anything in a fit of anger. IIRC luke went of from dagobah to bespin because he saw his friends suffer not because he was angry. during the entire fight i didn't notice any kind of anger in luke, apart from the normal aggresion a fight like this inspires in the fighter...
 The Blind Jedi
05-24-2002, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by CupO'Coffee

to be honest, i can't remember that luke did anything in a fit of anger. IIRC luke went of from dagobah to bespin because he saw his friends suffer not because he was angry. during the entire fight i didn't notice any kind of anger in luke, apart from the normal aggresion a fight like this inspires in the fighter...

Well, to generalize, now we're comparing the first 3 (eps. 4-6) with the current trilogy. We're doing a little bit of crossing between, within the trilogies. Luke's fit of anger was in ROTJ, when Vader taunts Luke with turning Leia to the Dark Side. This is the point at which Luke goes ballistic, and ends up hacking Ani's right hand off.

Anyone care to ponder on similarities we'll see in Ep 3?
 DarthHitts
05-24-2002, 6:42 PM
I will agree that the parrallels in the two trilogies are innumerable but what intreges me is the liniage of jedi....I.E.

Yoda trained Dooko, dooku trained Qui gon, Qui gon trained Obi wan, obi wan trained anakin and then Obi wan and yoda trained luke.... funny how it kind of formed a big loop...ok maybe I'm wrong?

Also notice how all the trouble in the jedis runs in this little circle(ok maybe not Sidious) ok enough goofy rambling...
 Ferox
05-24-2002, 8:12 PM
rich i really think thats the whole point, its irony. and the fact that even though things may seem different on the outside.. then are always the same.

to see all the connections really shows you the hows and the whys of the first trilogy. why the fetts are a family of clutzes , why the skywalkers are a bunch of whining babies, why han solo rules everything ehehe.
Page: 1 of 1