Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What made me sad

Page: 1 of 1
 NightFallMyriad
05-18-2002, 12:12 AM
When Jango Fett died, I nearly jumped out of my seat and my jaw dropped.

Wasn't anyone shedding tears inside when this happened? I mean, they really built him up as a father figure to his freaky son. So when he got his head sliced off by Windu, I was rather shocked. And I felt REALLY bad for poor Boba who had to see it.

:(
 Zindell
05-18-2002, 12:53 AM
I thought he should have gone down in a bigger blaze of glory, but what do i know.
 Darth Yoda
05-18-2002, 4:05 AM
that kinda upset me too, he was one of the main characters in the movie but it took em 2 secs to make him die... boom hes gone, no more about him the rest of the movie...
 Phaedout
05-18-2002, 4:28 AM
they killed boba in a sucky way too if you remember... and kinda in the same way. Jango Fetts backpack malfunctioned which allowed Mace to cut him down. And Boba Fetts jetpack does the same thing... which causes him to fall into the mouth thingy... yeah I should know what that was called but I DONT! :fett:
 CapNColostomy
05-18-2002, 4:46 AM
The "mouth thingy" is called the sarlac pit, or pit of carkoon. And Boba Fett didn't die after falling into it, although he did lose one leg from the knee down if memory serves correct.
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:52 AM
Hmm... for all those that haven't read Tales of the Bounty Hunters, a Sarlacc just slowly digests its food, piece by piece, over hundreds of years (hey, they don't get much food out there in the desert)...

And CapN, I believe Boba didn't lose anything... I think he witnessed/talked to another guy who had lost a leg and was still trapped there...

As I recall, he manages to get some explosive from his suit to get himself free and uses his jetpack to escape? I can't remember now, it's been too long.
 PsychoX
05-18-2002, 5:01 AM
I really liked how Jango got killed, he acted so cool and too self confidend ( remember how he holstered his gun after shooting the n00b jedi?) but then he met a real jedi ....
It was the best way someone died in a star wars movie ever

Oh, and note that all the new characters that have many fans before they movie is shown are killed ?
 [Dom_Pmd]
05-18-2002, 2:02 PM
Jango Fett and Boba Fett are my two fav characters in the SW Saga, needless to say I was totally shocked when Mace finished Jango off!

But after the shock wore off, I realized that Lucas had to do in order to setup EP3 with Boba and the rest of the Trilogy!

Oh and getting back to the thread topic; what made me sad was seeing old Watto sitting there trying to remember Anakin. He appeared to be homeless but at the end of the conversation he says something to the effect of "let's take a look at my records"

So he must have a place or possibly his old junk shop.

:jango:
 Kit Fisto
05-18-2002, 2:16 PM
I just hope we get to see Boba get some revenge on Mace. They have to kill him eventualy since he isnt in the later episodes so Im hoping Boba will do the honours. It will have a sense of poetry to it. I guess we wont see this happen though since ep3 is meant to take place 2 years after ep 2. Oh well
 BlackDove
05-18-2002, 2:21 PM
The jedi go into hiding...I don't think they all wind up dead. But it was really cool how Windu chopped off Jango's head hehehehe. He should have added DIE MOTHER****ER!!!!
 Fettish
05-18-2002, 2:26 PM
It would be quite refreshing to see Boba take Mace out. :D

:jango:
 Kit Fisto
05-18-2002, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El
The jedi go into hiding...I don't think they all wind up dead. But it was really cool how Windu chopped off Jango's head hehehehe. He should have added DIE MOTHER****ER!!!!

I always thought the Jedi were hunted down by the Empire and that Yoda, Obi-Wan and Vader were the only three Jedi characters left. Didnt Obi-Wan tell luke that his father helped hunt down the kill the Jedi?
 pbdrummer
05-23-2002, 1:33 AM
If Mace Windu goes down by that little punk Boba (who is one of the most useless characters in the SW universe) heh.."oh, Boba is cool!" Well guess what?! He's not a real person! He's a clone! He has no soul! But damn his dad does...oh wait, no he doesn't....cuz he went out like a little B|tch to Mace Windu!! .....Anyway back to my point, if Windu is killed by Boba in Episode 3, I will blow up the theater. I'll probably do that anyway....unless he goes out in about a 5 minute long saber duel w/Anakin. Whew....hate the Fetts.
 Jedi_Monk
05-23-2002, 1:56 AM
Boba is dead, Lucas said so. The Jedi all die except for Yoda and Obi, Lucas said so. People die fast in war--one second you're joking around with your friend and the next he's sloppy Joe. And Mace wouldn't say that--he'd say "Die, Motherkriffer!" Sounds more SW-like ;)
 Ferox
05-23-2002, 2:22 AM
i personally dont care about the EU or whatever books that lucas didnt make :) according to the movie boba is basically dead. if he comes back in 7( if there is one) then ill accept that hes alive.

bounty hunters are cool, they are my favorite class in the story.. but compared to jedi well, there is no comparison.
 COJ
05-23-2002, 2:27 AM
ok, Jango is a vilain, at the end of Star Wars 6, every vilain is dead, so it doesnt matter how he died, he'S still going to die, maybe if Jango would take more care of his stuff...maybe he would of survived, has for Boba, he's stupid to just have stand there and fire at Luke, why didn't her fly to the big gunner and kill Han, Chewie and Lando, then Luke wouldn't of been able to block the shots, and would of died...

lol
 BlackDove
05-23-2002, 2:38 AM
Originally posted by Kit Fisto

I always thought the Jedi were hunted down by the Empire and that Yoda, Obi-Wan and Vader were the only three Jedi characters left. Didnt Obi-Wan tell luke that his father helped hunt down the kill the Jedi?

Yeah he did, and I thought so too, until I saw something written which would justify how Star Wars: Galaxies are gonna implement Jedi again. So they wrote how numerous Jedi went into hiding, just as Yoda has...or Ben Kenobi to that matter. He was hidden all the way till New Hope.
 RichDiesal
05-23-2002, 5:47 AM
Well, long long time after the fall of the Empire, Luke's Jedi Academy manages to tutor up lots of Jedi... so there are quite a few of them a few decades later. :D
 Dark4ces
05-23-2002, 2:30 PM
I agree about how Jengo died, even more so about how this was the only scene where Mace shows any skill except for his dramatic leap from the balcony....sad indeed. However, it was no more sad than the way Dooku made both Obi Won and Anikin look like pansies in the Saber duel.

EP2 really made all the Jedi except Yoda and Mace look like unskilled little punks. Then again it was stressed they were peacekeepers not warriors.

I am sure it was all done for a reason, as Lucas is still making money of SW and what any of us think or say doesnt really matter in the big picture scheme of things which is $.

GL is getting paid whether people like the movie or not.

D4
 CapNColostomy
06-06-2002, 6:32 AM
Originally posted by Ferox
i personally dont care about the EU or whatever books that lucas didnt make :) according to the movie boba is basically dead. if he comes back in 7( if there is one) then ill accept that hes alive.

bounty hunters are cool, they are my favorite class in the story.. but compared to jedi well, there is no comparison.

Hmmm...Lucas didn't "make" episodes V and VI, they were directed by two other people that he liscenced them to direct. Same with the books you don't care about. He allowed people to write these stories. They didn't steal the Star Wars copyright. So by your logic episodes V and VI never happened, and unless you count the cameo in special edition, Boba Fett doesn't even exist. If Lucas sells the rights to his stories, and then wants to change the story, that's pretty crappy. It would be like me selling you a car, and then coming over and painting it hot pink while you sleep.
 JK_Morovski
06-06-2002, 6:43 AM
yeah but lucas actually wrote the story to ep V and VI, he didnt write all the fanboy-u-like books.....
 Norin Radd
06-06-2002, 8:03 AM
Well, Jango's jetpack did not malfunction, it was damaged, I believe, when he got trampled by that monster in the arena. My observation, Jango has a blaster pistol, Mace had a lightsaber. He allowed Mace to close the distance(this is the same Jango that shot a Jedi off the balcony. remember)without hitting him once. I'm sorry, but Jango was killed, because he was no match for Mace Windu. PERIOD.

Boba Fett's backpack in Episode VI did not malfunction. If you remember, a blind Han Solo, struck it with a pole, it ignited, and Boba went flying into Jabba's barge, then he fell into the pit.

If Jango, who was good enough to have an entire army modeled after him, could not take down Mace Windu, then a teenage Boba would stand no chance in hell. Just my $0.02.
 AgentSmith
06-06-2002, 8:04 AM
The way Jango Fett died I think was rather gutsy of George Lucas. Often we'd all like main characters to go out in a blaze of glory or a grand and epic fight but in a combat zone like the arena battle death is sudden, there is such a melee of Jedi and droids (Not to mention the rampaging Reek and Acklay.) you can go out in a an instant no matter how skilled you are.

I thought Jango's death as well done in the sense that the harshness and sudden aspect of it were cool and 'realistic' (in sci-fi battle sense). Jango was firing at Mace Windu who kept on closing in and then 'bam' head chopped off.

How many skilled Jedi did not die of some lucky potshot by a driod? Even when they deflect most bolts and have the Force as their ally, one fatal shot can easily get through with so many driods firing.

And about the how Obi-Wan and Anakin got their asses kicked by Dooku/Tyranus? Yoda himself says that many Jedi have become too confident in their skills. Plus during that time period the Jeid trained in lightsaber Forms designed to deflect laserbolts and shots. Since they thought the Sith were exterminated they didn't see the need to focus on lightsaber to lightsaber combat.
Dooku/Tyranus knew this and he focused on Form II lightsaber combat, he designed his curved lightsaber to be optimal for this Form. Form II is a lightsaber combat form especially aimed at lightsaber to lightsaber combat. Hence his superior skills against Anakin and Obi-Wan.
 Jedi_Monk
06-06-2002, 6:39 PM
Hmmm...Lucas didn't "make" episodes V and VI, they were directed by two other people that he liscenced them to direct. Same with the books you don't care about. He allowed people to write these stories.
Lucas did make Episodes V and VI; they may have been directed by other people, but Lucas was on the set day in and day out and his word was Law. He was the Executive Producer of both Empire and Jedi, meaning he organized everything, hired the director, nothing from the art department got into the movie without his say... he wrote the story, had complete creative control and okayed every little thing put into the script. In a case like this, director is an advisory position at best--Lucas made these movies.
 ET Warrior
06-06-2002, 7:27 PM
I just have a couple of MINOR technical details that i would like to adress......the first, Boba Fett Fell into the Sarlacc, but is not a sarlacc pit, and the sarlacc was in the pit of carcoon, they are not interchangeable terms.

The second, Jango did not waste a n00b Jedi, that jedi, whos name eludes me at the moment, was on the jedi council....he got trashed because when he force leapt up onto the balcony (a very high jump to make) he was focused entirely on taking out Dooku, he didn't see Jango, and Jango's balster has such a high rate of fire, he didn't have enough time to block more than a couple shots. That's about all

I personally cheered when mace toasted Jango, i thought that was frickin awesome
Page: 1 of 1