Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scumm, macs and pcs.

Page: 1 of 1
 Vanhal
05-17-2002, 6:00 PM
Ok here's the deal, about 5/6 years ago i was all macs, and i got alot of lucasarts games: sam and hits, full trottle, indy, DOTT and a few others. But now my mac is sitting in the attic covered in dust. What i want to know is if there is any way to play the mac versions on my pc?
 bgbennyboy
05-17-2002, 7:49 PM
This is a job for!............not me.
Its an interesting question isnt it?
I dont know anything about the mac versions, if the structure of the resource files is the same then it should theoretically be possible to play them using a pc interpreter shouldnt it?

I dont know if scummvm supports the mac versions (I should imagine it does) I'm far too lazy to go and look now.

As per usual this looks like a job for the Sergemeister..........:D
 Drigo Zoxx
05-18-2002, 6:20 PM
As far as I know, ScummVm doesn't support DOTT and all mac games after it, but does support Indy, monkey, etc.

BTW you can load those games using a Mac programs emulator such as Executor.
 Ender
05-19-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Drigo Zoxx
As far as I know, ScummVm doesn't support DOTT and all mac games after it, but does support Indy, monkey, etc.

ScummVM -can- play DOTT, et al... There is a program in the tools module called 'rescumm' that splits the compounded resource files that the Mac versions use into the original .000/.001 resource files.
 Drigo Zoxx
05-21-2002, 6:33 PM
Good. There's also a program in the SCUMM Utilities which accomplishes the same task, but i didn't mention it since Vanhal doesn't use Mac anymore :(
 Vanhal
05-22-2002, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by Endy
ScummVM -can- play DOTT, et al... There is a program in the tools module called 'rescumm' that splits the compounded resource files that the Mac versions use into the original .000/.001 resource files

I got this and it works for indy4 (btw what was indy 1 + 2) but that was because the files were already in the .001 and .000 files. The others i used rescumm on but they split into about 52 files named 00.lfl and then it says "extracting 'MONSTER.SOU', saving as 'monster.sou'
error: could not allocate 268965339 bytes of memory."
 Vanhal
05-25-2002, 7:02 AM
Can anyone help me?
 Ender
05-26-2002, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by Vanhal
Can anyone help me?

Sorry, I can't remember who wrote the rescumm code. Although I -know- it has sucessfully been used on DOTT....
Page: 1 of 1