Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Title for Episode III

Page: 1 of 2
 thelegalbeagle
05-17-2002, 1:09 PM
"Rise of the Empire" or "Fall of the Jedi", which has a nice duality with Episode VI.

Any thoughts, or other ideas?
 Vader10
05-17-2002, 1:12 PM
I like them both though I am partial to "Fall of the Jedi".

It could also be called the "End of the Republic", but I still like "Fall of the Jedi".

"Fall of the Jedi" would be good because it can be used in dualality ( Anakin falling to darkside and destruction of the other jedi) and also makes the title "Return of the Jedi" have a dual meaning. The return of the jedi could be Luke returning to kick butt or Anakin returning back to the good side.
 LooNBB
05-17-2002, 1:31 PM
Knowing the 21st Century lucas it will Probably be really weak.

Rise of the Empire would be too easy
Fall of the Jedi too negative
 DarthNoodles
05-17-2002, 1:31 PM
That's funny.

A coworker and I agreed on "Rise of the Empire" this morning as a probable or similar title for 3 and I just posted this in another thread.
 thelegalbeagle
05-17-2002, 1:34 PM
Maybe I'm alone, but 'Attack of the Clones' doesn't sound any dafter than 'The Empire Strikes Back' when you think about it
 LooNBB
05-17-2002, 1:45 PM
I think all the titles but the original "Star Wars" were quite daft.

And then they made Ep IV "a new hope"... idiots.
 Vader10
05-17-2002, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by LooNBB
I think all the titles but the original "Star Wars" were quite daft.

And then they made Ep IV "a new hope"... idiots.

wtf? It was called A New Hope from the beginning. Also, all the movie titles start with Star Wars.

Star Wars: A New Hope
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
 Jake
05-17-2002, 5:01 PM
On Mixnmojo spaff proposed "Star Wars: The Last Hope" because he didnt like 1 and 2 so much.
 Hal_Horn
05-17-2002, 5:06 PM
What about "Revenge of the Sith"?
It would fit perfectly with all the other titles, especially VI.
 Delmar
05-17-2002, 5:14 PM
i must admit, after the last two movies' titles i would encourage those who are trying to predict the next one's title to... not even bother. Really. You're spinning your wheels. I'm sure he'll end up calling it something off the wall that has nothing to with "Jedi", "Dark Side", "Empire", etc, etc, etc.

One quiet rant (about an amazing movie): ATTACK OF THE CLONES?? um, ok... after seeing the movie i'd hardly say that that point of the movie is worth naming the entire flick after. but that's just me. i'm sure after ep3 all the names will make good sense and seem appopriate.
 GalactiCrouton
05-17-2002, 5:24 PM
My favorite titles or two taken from theforce.net I think,
"Rock Me Amidala" or "CGI Fridays":atat:
 Nebelwerfer_
05-17-2002, 6:59 PM
hehe that's pretty funny but I think because episode four is named "a new hope" episode 3 should be named something that implies "there is no hope"

Star Wars Episode 3:

"The sith veil is lowered"

"The fallen hope"

I would have to agree with the person that said "The revenge of the sith"

that fits the best, because palpatine will finally reveal himself, and darth maul will finally get his wish from TPM

"at last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge"
 Paragon_Leon
05-17-2002, 7:42 PM
one thing you should notice about the titles, is that they don't directly talk about the major era-developments.

An example; Star Wars could have been called 'Rebellion Strikes', but instead went for a more generic title with 'A New Hope'

Only Empire talked about these big story-line developments. All the other titles took a little part of that particular story and made a title out of it without naming names directly. (ie: Return Of The Jedi stood for: Jedi are back thanks to Luke conquering Vader / Emperor)

Hope you see what i mean and why titles like 'Rise Of The Empire' and 'Fall Of The Jedi' are simply 'not done'.

If i'd do a title for Episode 3, it'd be something like 'Abyss Of The Force'
 Roling Thunder
05-18-2002, 2:04 PM
Empire rising (though probably too easy)

Balance of the force

End of Hope (Probably too depressing)
 BlackDove
05-18-2002, 2:08 PM
How about just "Clone Wars"?
 Kit Fisto
05-18-2002, 2:10 PM
Star Wars: The Lost Hope
(A good title because Anakin was meant to bring ballance to the force yet he ends up falling to the darkside).

Star Wars: Birth Of The Empire
(Also a pretty cool title, strait to the point)
 BlackDove
05-18-2002, 2:12 PM
I would like to know what is the "balance" they speak of...
 thelegalbeagle
05-18-2002, 2:18 PM
What on Earth does 'Abyss of the Force' mean. I can't imagine a more lame title
 Kit Fisto
05-18-2002, 2:20 PM
Yeah I was talking about the "balance" with a friend and he said that maybe the "balance" is meant to bring Darkness since the Galaxy was fairly peaceful before Vader and all that came with it? My opinion is that the meaning of "bring balance to the force" means Anaking having Luke and Leia who eventualy destroy the empire.
 BlackDove
05-18-2002, 2:24 PM
I think the balance was meant to have no-one with the ability of using the force...but of course, that is a total wild guess and definatly wrong.....
 Fettish
05-18-2002, 2:33 PM
How about "Boba Strikes Back"?

"My name is Boba Fett. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
 visualTK
05-18-2002, 3:13 PM
How about?

Episode III: We Promise Not To Speak
 Duncan Barr
05-18-2002, 3:18 PM
Vader10: The original release of Star Wars DID NOT have the Ep IV ANH subtitle- this was only added to video releases and cinema releases once ESB was confirmed.

Lucas never expected that Star Wars would be THAT succesful- and although he had an outline of keypoints to the story, he was unsure that a sequel would ever happen.

source: Empire Building by Garry Jenkins.
 Spacce
05-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Doesn't Anakin finally bring balance to the force though?
In return of the Jedi he is actually the one who destroys the emperor.. thus bringing true the prophecy?
 AzzA
05-19-2002, 3:59 AM
I've always liked the though of Episode 3 being called "The Rise of Darth Vader". Probably won't happen but it'd be cool.
 Gmeister
05-19-2002, 3:34 PM
Anakin does bring balance to the force, like someone else said, albeit in the form of Vader when he throws the Emperor to his death.
 DemonKing
05-20-2002, 4:34 AM
Episode III: Death to the Gungans

(Hey - there's always hope!)

DK
 RichDiesal
05-20-2002, 5:17 AM
Nah, much easier than that...

Episode III: George Is Dead But You're Still Giving Us Your Money
(Subtitled: AHAHAHHA)
 xlXTaIXlx
05-20-2002, 4:14 PM
when they mean balance, they mean a "mixture" of good and evil
darth vader was "good" then he was "bad" then he became "good" by killing the empire

the third movie should be called
"Episode III: Enter the Volcano, Anakin, Please, Turn into Darth Vader, Why Not"
 Makkoan
05-20-2002, 5:01 PM
I always thought balance meant between the light and dark side. It makes sense, the light side was unbalenced, darth kills them, light/dark side balenced.
 IronFist115
05-20-2002, 5:16 PM
Well, I know a few things that have to happen :

Death Star is built.
Star Destroyers/Tie Fighters built.
Han Solo and Jabba come into play
Han Solo gambles or something to get the Falcon
Anakin becomes Vader
Padme Amidala dies

Well, from what I see there, EP3 is gonna be cool, because all of those events HAVE to happen, or it would crush the movie.

Obviously, you can probably think of some good titles from that.
I personally like "Fall of the Jedi".
 RichDiesal
05-20-2002, 5:21 PM
Well that wouldn't make sense because with all the Light Jedi in exile and only 2 Dark Jedi in existance, that WOULD be balanced in those terms, wouldn't it? :p

It is explained in the books that there are two types of the Force... the Unifying Force and the Living Force... both are in harmony with nature, although each takes a different perspective on it.

The Dark Side is using the Force corruptly, taking the equilibrium away. Thus, the Dark Side is a corruption that takes the Force OUT of balance.
 Arlathan
05-21-2002, 5:02 AM
I agree with "The fall of Jedi" or "Fallen hope"
 Rogue_Ace
05-21-2002, 1:49 PM
How about "The Choosen One"
 thelegalbeagle
05-21-2002, 1:51 PM
Did Eddie Murphy not already star in that one?
 hugepants
05-22-2002, 1:10 PM
If you had even looked at the current 5 films, you'd know you wouldn't be able to include words like 'Jedi' or 'Empire' or 'Hope' in the title, as they've been used before. You should have noticed that Lucas comes up with completely original titles each time.

I agree with "The Chosen One" or "Revenge of the Sith"
 husuris
05-22-2002, 5:00 PM
I like that tittle.
Episode 6 original tittle was "Revenge of the Jedi", but revenge does not suit a jedi so the final tittle was "Return of the Jedi"
I believe that revenge is what the sith want so "Revenge of the Sith" might be perfect for Episode III
 Infinity
05-22-2002, 5:53 PM
"Jedi Exodux"

"2 hours of painfull Jar Jar death sceens"

"I'm sorry; very, very sorry"
 Darklighter
05-22-2002, 5:59 PM
I have to admit, he does deserve it, but Jar Jar Binks should not have the privaledge of taking up a whole Star Wars, even if he is going to scream. Indefinately.
 Hephaestus24
05-22-2002, 5:59 PM
My friend here thinks it is going to be called "The Rise of Darth Vader" but he is a dumbass. It's going to be "Fall of the Jedi" or "Revenge of the Sith":x-wing: :saberg: :saberb: :saberr: :naboo: :vsd: :duel: :lightning :atpt: :dsaber:
 saltank
05-22-2002, 6:57 PM
Return of the Sith
 sparky_fox
05-22-2002, 7:20 PM
considering that lucas actualy went ahead and named Ep.2 "Attack of the clones" even after his fans gave him subtle hints (see links) that the name isn't exactly the best ever and sugested far better titles, I hold little hope for film 3 being named anything logical or even phoneticaly pleasing.

Subtle hints = (http://www.petitiononline.com/SWE2/petition.html)

Not so subtle hints = (http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/george_lucas/index.html)
CHECK OUT THIS LINK, ITS FUNNY STUFF

So my guess as to what the new movie is to be called could be any of the following :

a) The fall down and dont get up of the Jedi
b) gun or gungan
c) bride of the medichlorians
d) battlefield earth part 2
e) Jar Jar

It's probably not wise to make too many silly sugestions as I recon mr lucas may pick up on one and think, yeah i'll do that one, just out of spite, that'll show them.
 Vicious
05-22-2002, 7:52 PM
Consider that all the films so far have titles quite relevant to events in the story
A New Hope- there was a new hope, Luke, Leia, Han & Chewie, and the rebellion's victory all qualify as hopes.

Empire Strikes Back- the empire struck back, in a big way.

Return of the Jedi- the jedi returned in the form of Luke and the redemption of Vader/Anakin

The Phantom Menance- there was a phantom, or hidden power, causing turmoil- Mr. Sidious i would say

Attack of the Clones-them clones did sure attack.

So it's likely to be something relevant, like the past ones, but not so obvious.
Revenge of the Sith is a good guess, but i doubt it will be that simple.
 mima kake
05-22-2002, 7:57 PM
1. MAN IN UNIFORM
2. BIG SABER FIGHTS
3. BEN"S BEARD BURNS
4. THE GOLDEN HELMET
5. HOLIDAY SPECIAL II
6. LOOK AT LEIA
7. LEATHER GLOVES
8. DOOM IN THE GALLAXY
9. YUB YUB
10.HEY YOU THERE!

WELL JUST SOME SUGESTIONS...
 DarthMuffin
05-22-2002, 8:58 PM
I think it should be "Return of the Sith"
This would make a good contrast with ep 6:deathii:
 DarthNoodles
05-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Vicious
Consider that all the films so far have titles quite relevant to events in the story
A New Hope- there was a new hope, Luke, Leia, Han & Chewie, and the rebellion's victory all qualify as hopes.

Empire Strikes Back- the empire struck back, in a big way.

Return of the Jedi- the jedi returned in the form of Luke and the redemption of Vader/Anakin

The Phantom Menance- there was a phantom, or hidden power, causing turmoil- Mr. Sidious i would say

Attack of the Clones-them clones did sure attack.

So it's likely to be something relevant, like the past ones, but not so obvious.
Revenge of the Sith is a good guess, but i doubt it will be that simple.

:rolleyes:
Wow!!! I never realised that before. All the titles have something to do with the story of the movie. I thought George pulled the titles out of his ***.

Thank you for contributing NOTHING to this thread beyond pointing out what a dog would have figured out.

A little slow on the up-take are we???
 COJ
05-23-2002, 10:57 AM
I doubt it will have the word Empire in it

how bout Dark Lord Rising..or Rise of the Sith
 Clem
05-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Dark Force Rising .... taken by a book but sounds cool

what about ....... The Fall Of The Jedi? nah thats ****e what about ...... The Terminator ... sounds cool .... hmmmm ne objections

Clem
 Nookie
05-23-2002, 12:33 PM
CGI Fridays? Rotfl.. that's funny dude.

I'd prefer..

Episode III: Knightfall (Used from theforce.net)

Or..

Episode III: We have mini Star Destroyers
 Darklighter
05-23-2002, 12:37 PM
CGI Friday's sounds good...
Page: 1 of 2