Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Trivia version 1.1

Page: 3 of 4
 setsuko
06-11-2002, 9:35 AM
More info:

Han and his twin children has various adventures on Ord Mantell in the Young Jedi Knigt series, in the appropriately named book "Return to Ord Mantell". Black Sun wants revenge, there's a race, and whatnot. Haven't read it yet.
 MikeC
06-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Ord Mantell
 Com Raven
06-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Ord Mantell, godammit my points
 Jman3ooo
06-11-2002, 5:12 PM
Ord Mantell YAY 1 point
 Wraith 8
06-13-2002, 8:56 AM
Answer:
Ord Mantell

Bonus goes to:
RoyalGuard (walking databank :D)
Posted by RoyalGuard
After a brief search of the SW.com databank:

Obi-wan and Qui-Gon went there 5 years before TPM. Ord Mantell is described as a lawless world where the Jedi are not welcome. Ord Mantell also has a thriving slave trade.

Dash Rendar followed IG-88 to Ord Mantell in the search for Han after Fett made of with his carbonite-frozen form.

Most of Bail Organa's family funds were stored on Ord Mantell, until they were liberated by Leia sometime after ANH but before ESB.

Some one who's read the comics will probably come up with more...You get the 2.5 points.. but i saw yesterday that i made a HUGE mistake. the extra info was not the planet ord mandell.... it was another planet.. i thought that on Ord Mantell Luke and Vader had a fight and that Vader lost his hnad there (again) :D.. my mistake.

[Other info]
Jman3ooo... im sorry man.. you answered as 6th.. only the first 5 get points. be faster :D

Jan Gaarni has finaly been passed up by Setsuko.
RoyalGuard made a jump from 5th. to 3rd.
[/Other info]

points go to:
1st. RoyalGuard 6 points + 2,5 points
2nd. Darth Evad 4 points
3rd. setsuko 3 points
4th. MikeC 2 points
5th. Com Raven 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Setsuko 45.7 points
2nd. Jan Gaarni 44.9 points
3rd. RoyalGuard 40 points
4th. Darth Evad 39 points
5th. MikeC 36.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
8th. Darth Simpson 6 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points
11th. Jman3ooo 1 point

13th. Questions:
What is the Main reason the Millenium Falcon keeps breaking down? Hint: 'minds'
 Darth Evad
06-13-2002, 9:26 AM
The minds of the pilot and first mate don't have enough capacity to know how much and what the configuration changes do. Remember, the captain won the "piece of junk" in a card game.
 setsuko
06-13-2002, 9:52 AM
The hyperdrive keeps malfunctioning during the movies. And the fact that it is built by a wide range of spare parts, found objects, and pure junk doesn't improve things. Is there really one original piece on the whole ship? :)
 RoyalGuard
06-13-2002, 10:04 AM
There are several theories as to why the Falcon is so unreliable.

The one that I believe Wraith refers to is that the falcon has three droid minds integrated into it, which bicker constantly and cause things to break.

Other reasons include Han and Chewie having jury-rigged, replaced and upgraded so many things over the years that the only original material in the entire ship is the hull!

The Falcon was originally owned by Lando Calrissian, who made major modifications to the corellian YT-1300 transport. It was won by Han Solo after a game of Sabacc. The stake was one of Lando's ships; Lando expected Han to choose one of his flashier recreation models, but Han showed surprising insight and picked the falcon instead.

Upgrades to the Falcon include:
Three droid minds to 'co-ordinate' the maintenance and power regulation of the Falcon's systems.
2 Quad laser turrets
Concussion Missile tubes
Smuggling Compartments
Upgraded Shields
Pintel-mounted under-hull light repeat (seen in ESB)
Better Shields
MUCH better (though very unreliable) hyper-drive.
Holo-chess table

In later years many of the more illegal systems were removed, the falcon got maintenance from legit engineers and became more reliable. In the NJO the falcon also recieved a coat of matte black paint to improve sensor camouflage and alter it's distinct appearance.
 setsuko
06-13-2002, 10:11 AM
Doh! I forgot the droid minds! And you even gave a hint! Baaaad setsuko.
 RoyalGuard
06-13-2002, 10:20 AM
So that's first correct answer to the red guy again (aka the walking databank)

What more proof do you need of Imperial superiority? :D
 DashRendar1
06-13-2002, 10:21 AM
Can I get on this?

Yup, the droid minds bickering and always predicting that theFalcon won't work. They also seem to be rude. (Refer to the scene with 3P0 and the computer in ESB)

Also, Han and Chewie did modifications that improve the ship, but made repairs harder. In SOTE, Lando complains that Han mad a rats nest of wires where there should be a pop out circuit board.
 Wraith 8
06-13-2002, 10:43 AM
:D lol :D oh and dash.. sure you can join up :D
 Darth Evad
06-13-2002, 1:29 PM
Doh...yep I guessed. :)
 DashRendar1
06-14-2002, 9:59 AM
Cool! Thanks!
 Jan Gaarni
06-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Well, as usual I'm late. :rolleyes:

But anyway, it's mostly because the three droid brains that the ship has predicts that the ship won't fly, but Solo and Chewbacca somehow manages to get airborn anyway. :D

Royal Guard listed many extra components added to the ship, however he left out some:

It is fitted with a sensor suite system (highly illegal might I add) which can detect Imperial ships long before they detect the Falcon.
It also sports modifications to it's sublight engines aswell, and it has a very short start-up sequence of about 3 minutes.
 setsuko
06-14-2002, 10:59 PM
*Checks the list*

WTF? I lead? Maaaan.. it seems like I have to get a life and spend less time checking the boards...

nah. I'll do that some other day. And guys, you have to admit that the whole quiz becomes a lot more interesting when the quizmaster has no clue what he asks, aight? Just kidding, you're doing a great job Wraith!
 RoyalGuard
06-18-2002, 7:34 AM
So that's three correct answers, is it too much to ask for two more people to post - I'm beginning to jones for my Trivia fix, and I'm so close to going top! SOO CLOOSSSE!

Oh, wait I seem to have lost my life, I'll be back when I find another one and can stop taking this seriously... :D
 RoyalGuard
06-21-2002, 7:42 AM
OK, as part of setting his affairs in order, Wraith 8 pmed me to keep the trivia thread going in his absence, so here goes...

Wraith's previous question:

What is the Main reason the Millenium Falcon keeps breaking down? Hint: 'minds'

The answer: The three droid minds on the falcon. Only three correct answers, with points being allocated thus:

1st: er, me - 6 points
2nd: Dash Rendar1 - 4 points (welcome to the thread btw!)
3rd: Jaan Garni - 3 points

bonus goes to Jaan (well I can't give the points to me!) for:
Royal Guard listed many extra components added to the ship, however he left out some:

It is fitted with a sensor suite system (highly illegal might I add) which can detect Imperial ships long before they detect the Falcon.

It also sports modifications to it's sublight engines aswell, and it has a very short start-up sequence of about 3 minutes.

Giving Jaan 1 bonus point.

So the points are now:
1st. Jan Gaarni 48.9 points
2nd. RoyalGuard 46 points
3rd. Setsuko 45.7 points
4th. Darth Evad 39 points
5th. MikeC 36.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points
11th Dash Rendar1 4 points
12th. Jman3ooo 1 point

So Setsuko slips, giving Jaan back the lead, and Dash gets a running start to 11th place.

and so to question 14:
There have been 5 Super-Class Stardestroyers in the history of the galactic civil war. What were their names?

You need all 5 to qualify as a correct answer, and one bonus point will be awarded for the best background history for EACH individual ship (i.e. 1 point if you just describe the history of 1 ship, 5 bonus points if you give background for all of them.)
 DashRendar1
06-21-2002, 10:18 AM
Grr i only know four...that really stinks
 RoyalGuard
06-21-2002, 4:58 PM
Anyone who's read the X-Wing series by Stackpole and Allston should know 3, Darksabre has the 5th and the 1st was in the films...

If more people post saying the question is too difficult I'll drop the number of names needed to three...
 setsuko
06-21-2002, 5:36 PM
Hmm.. now, without my books, all I know is the badass one, the one in the movies: the EXECUTOR, darth vaders own toy. And now I'll go celebrate midsommar, so I guess the rest is up to you all :)

The Executor is the one that crashes into Death Star II

And some info, from the database:

The surface of the Executor was dotted with all sorts of weaponry. Its front arc was covered by 200 heavy and light turbolaser batteries, 50 concussion missile launchers, 100 ion cannons, and 20 tractor beam projectors. Its side arcs each boasted coverage by 75 light turbolaser batteries and 50 heavy turbolaser batteries, as well as 75 missile tubes, 50 ion cannons and 10 tractor beam projectors. The rear arc, traditionally the least defended area of a vessel, had an impressive weapons array of 50 heavy turbolaser batteries, 50 missile tubes, and 50 ion cannons.

Its 12,800 meters long, and made, like most cool Empire ships, by the allmighty Kuat Drive Yards.

EDIT: Of course! The Lusankya! The Lusankya was used as an Imperial prison by Ysanne Isard until its secret was discovered by Rogue Flight pilot Corran Horn. Oh, and then Warlord Zsinj managed to procure a Super Star Destroyer, the Iron Fist. It was also destroyed, but after quite a fight. Hmmm.. thats three...
 setsuko
06-21-2002, 5:54 PM
I found one more. I had it on my tongue. It's the Vengeance, featuring in the X-wing vs. Tiefigter game expansion, Balance of the Force. Now that's a big target!

EDIT:

HAH! The Guardian, from Wanted by Cracken! Thats five! *whew*. Now I can go partying with good conscience.
 setsuko
06-21-2002, 6:08 PM
Oh, a friend mailed this to me when I told him about the question. Perhaps I should not take the credit for it, but after all, I don't see this quiz thing as a way to see who knows the most, I see it rather as a way to learn more obscure things. So, here's "Super star destroyers 101":

Executor

Lord Vader's personal flagship, seen in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The first ship constructed in its class. Built under heavy security at the Kuat Drive Yards shipyards at Fondor, shortly after the Battle of Yavin, as seen in Classic STAR WARS comics. Destroyed after impaling the second Death Star at Endor when the battle station exploded.

Reaper

Flagship of Scourge Squadron, an elite group of star destroyers which was formed for Grand Moff Tarkin and commanded by Grand Moff Ardus Kaine subsequent to Tarkin's death. Flagship of Kaine's Pentastar Alignment Imperial faction at a time approximately three years after the Emperor's death. [STAR WARS Adventure Journal #3]. Kaine died during the Emperor's cloned return and was replaced by Admiral Pellaeon. At the Battle of Oringa destroyed the New Republic fleet carrier Endurance with all its fighters aboard. (This was history at the start of Before the Storm, but must have happened sufficiently late in New Republic history for the new government to have acquired or designed its own dedicated carrier vessels.) Lost while repelling a New Republic invasion of Moff Getelles' territory after Planet of Twilight. [STAR WARS Essential Chronology]

Terror

Admiral Sarn's command ship appearing in the Rebel Assault II computer game, which is set sometime before Return of the Jedi. Some story elements in these games don't mesh well with the movies, so the status of the Terror in the overall continuity is uncertain.

Guardian

Flagship of Fleet Admiral Gaen Drommel. Was stationed in the Core regions near Coruscant at the time of Return of the Jedi. Immediately after word of Palpatine's death was received the Guardian departed to Drommel's home sector as part of his efforts to establish a small personal empire. Severely damaged in a battle with New Republic forces which took place not more than three years after Return of the Jedi. Survived until at least three years after Return of the Jedi [described in Wanted by Cracken]. Captured by New Republic agents more than a decade later [SW Adventure Journal #15: Two for One].

Vengeance

Commanded by Admiral Senn in Airam sector sometime between the battles of Hoth and Endor. Destroyed by outgunned rebels in a concerted attack in one of the possible outcomes of Balance of Power; destroyed the Mon Calamari cruiser Liberty in a different game outcome. The real fate of this ship is unknown. [NB. this ship is not the same as the Vengeance serving as flagship for the dark Jedi Jerec, which is a completely different class.]

Aggressor

The flagship of Admiral Roek was stationed in the Inner Rim regions of the galaxy before the Battle of Endor. Six months later it was recalled to the Galactic Core to fortify and defend the shipyards of the Corellian system from potential rebel attack [STAR WARS Adventure Journal #2]. This ship, or another by the same name, remained in service and recognised the authority of Ysanne Isard two and a half years after the Battle of Endor.

Iron Fist

Constructed as Brawl (one of the earliest ships in the Executor-class) and presented to Admiral Zsinj by the Emperor. Renamed after his first command, a Victory-class destroyer. Infamous flagship of the renegade Imperial Warlord Zsinj and used extensively by his forces in campaigns concurrent with the New Republic's capture of Coruscant three years after the Battle of Endor, as described in the X-Wing novels. The target of a five month search by a New Republic naval task force led by General Han Solo, four years after the Battle of Endor [The Courtship of Princess Leia].

Lusankya

Secretly built at Kuat under Executor's name and then buried on the surface of Coruscant during the reign of Emperor Palpatine, the Lusankya was used as a top-secret holding facility for prisoners of Imperial Intelligence. Three years after the Battle of Endor, this warship fell under the command of Ysanne Isard. This ship was equipped with an unorthodox repulsorlift bed enabling it to lift off the surface of the planet. Captured by Thyferran and independent forces aligned with the New Republic. Its exact ownership after that point is unclear, but (under command of General Wedge Antilles) Lusankya was decisive in capturing the Imperial planet Phaeda a few months following the demise of the last Palpatine-clone. Its absence from other major conflicts, such as the Thrawn and Shadow Hand campaigns, suggests that the repairs were time-consuming.

(unknown)

Another Super Star Destroyer remained in the sectors of the Galactic Core and recognised the authority of Ysanne Isard, Director of Imperial Intelligence who ruled from Coruscant two and a half years after the Emperor's death at Endor [X-Wing Rogue Squadron and X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble]. It is possible that this ship is the Aggressor.

Knight Hammer

Constructed by warlord Superior General Delvardus and commanded by Admiral Daala approximately eight years after the Emperor's death. Plated with special "stealth armour" as a sensor countermeasure, which has the interesting side-effect of making the hull almost completely black [Darksaber].

Intimidator

There are three of this class of starship in the Black Sword Fleet [in Before the Storm], thirteen years after the Battle of Endor. One of them was originally named the Intimidator [according to Shield of Lies]. This ship is supposed to exhibit design modifications which are distinctive of "late-production" SSDs, particularly an "additional shield tower located on the centreline". Intimidator became the Yevethan flagship, renamed Pride of Yevetha. Escaped with Imperial counter-mutineers to the Deep Core twelve years after Endor. Found damaged beyond repair and drifting near Unknown Regions four years later [SW Essential Chronology].

Razor Kiss

Construction of this ship was almost completed in a spacedock in orbit around the planet Kuat four years after the Battle of Endor. It was stolen by Warlord Zsinj and lasted in his hands for a short time.

EDIT: tidied it up a little.
 RoyalGuard
06-21-2002, 10:19 PM
ok, maybe there were more than 5... well, I can see who the bonus points go to atm! You still only need to name 5 for a correct answer...
 Jan Gaarni
06-21-2002, 11:20 PM
Yes, there where more than 5 Super Star Destroyers built, and more than has been mentioned in the books prolly too. :)

Anyway, going for the bonus point would be idiotic and time consuming (atleast for me ;) ). Setsuko has already gone off with it. :D
The only thing i can add is that if you mean Super Star Destroyer Classes, then the Eclipse and Eclipse II also comes under this category. :) But I noticed you said Super-Class, so I'm guessing you mean just the Executor-Class Super Star Destroyers. :)

Here's my five Executor-Class Super Star Destroyers:
Aggressor
Executor
Guardian
Intimidator
Iron Fist
 MikeC
06-22-2002, 12:30 AM
Lets see, there was of course Vader's flag ship the Executor.

The Lusankya was buried under Coruscant and used as a prison by Ysanne Isard. She later flew it up and out of the planet with devestating results for anyone in the area.

The Iron Fist was Zinj's flagship. He also had another that was destroyed (and he used to fool the New Republic into thinking the Iron Fist was destroyed). Let me see if I can find its name. No, I want to say it was the Razor but that may be totally wrong.

That makes 4. For the life of me I can't think of the 5th.
 Koffin
06-22-2002, 12:53 AM
yeah...what they said...
 DashRendar1
06-22-2002, 8:36 AM
What the heck, i'll take a shot.

Executor- Lord Vader's Flagship. Built after the Battle of Yavin. The Imperial Admirals thought it would be another Death Star, and tried to sabatoge it. They sent a message to the Rebels, and Luke Skywalker volunteered to sabotage it. One of the admirals betrayed the others, and led Vader to the meeting place where the admirals and Luke were. Luke escaped with the help of R2, who set off a bunch of steam, and Tanith Shire, a flirty Tug puller at the Fondor ship yards (KDY had nothing to do with it, which annoyed them) The Executor led the attack on Hoth, where Ozzel was killed by Vader for entering too close to Hoth. Piett tookover The Executor chased tje Falcon later, and almost captured it. In Shadows of the Empire, The Executor destroyed a Kotholis shipyard, the Vergresso Asteroid Base, and Fallen's fist. It was the command ship duriing the construction of Death Star II. It was destroyed by A-Wing Pilot Arvyl Cyrnd, who rammed the bridge.

Knight Hammer- Was Admiral Daala's flagship after she killed the bickering warlords. Had a unique armor that made it look black. Attacked Yavin 4. Was crippled by Callista, who flew into the hanger in a TIE Bomber and launched a volley of missiles. It was later destroyed.

Lusankya- Originally called the Executor also. Made at the Kuat Drive Yards. Hidden underground on Coruscant, no one noticed because of Palpatine's Force fogging. Isard used it as a prison and as a place to create her sleeper agents. Inmates included Corran Horn, Jan Dodonna, and Tycho Celchu. Corran escaped, and helped find Jan and the other prisoners. At the battle of Thyferra,it was surrendered to Wedge. Wedge married Corran and Mirax on it. It was recently used against the Vong.

Iron Fist- Zsinji's flagship. Originally called the Brawl. Was given to Zsinji for his quick thinking at destroying every single ship on Dathomir so the Nightsister's wouldn't escape. Zsinji renamed it Iron First in honor of his first command, a Victory Star Destroyer. It was chased by Solo and his taskforce. It was destroyed over Dathomir.

Razor's Kiss- Built at KDY. Zsinji hired several pirate groups to help capture it in a suicide mission including the "Hawk Bats" which was acutually Wraith Squadron. Shalla Nelprin, a Wraith, became part of Zsinji's infiltrating team, and went aboard the Razor's Kiss. She planted a tracking device, and escaped. The Razor's Kiss then was captured by Zsinji. IT was later destroyed by Solo's taskforce. For her part of planting the tracker, Shalla was able to paint half a Super Star Destroyer shadow on her X-Wing. Zsinji recovered the remains of Razor's Kiss and made a mock Iron Fist called Second Death. It was filled with explosives and it had one of the first orbital Nightcloaks. When Solo's force attacked the Iron Fist, Second Death was also there secretly. Zsinji detonated it, while Iron Fist escaped under the shadow of an Orbital Nightcloak. and destroyed almost all of Solo's starfighters. Solo thought that it was the Iron Fist that blew up.
 Darth Evad
06-22-2002, 11:12 PM
NO FAIR!!!
No EU! :(
 setsuko
06-22-2002, 11:33 PM
Haha, well, there's been EU questions before, I think.
 Darth Evad
06-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Yeah. But I knew the answer to those ones. I haven't read any of the EU books.
 Jan Gaarni
06-23-2002, 11:53 PM
But you don't have to have read the books. It's all on the net. :)

Well, that question anyway. ;)
 RoyalGuard
06-24-2002, 4:26 AM
Ok, I've let this one hang open for about long enough now... I'll tone the difficulty down a bit (and actually check my facts this time :( )

Ok, this questions points go to:

1st Setsuko - 6 points + 5 bonus points!
2nd Jan Gaarni - 4 points
3rd MikeC (even though he only gave 4) - 3 points
4th DashRendar1 - 2 points
no 5th place.

We can all see where Setsuko's bonus points went to, well done that girl...

So the current rankings:

1st. Setsuko 56.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 52.9 points
3rd. RoyalGuard 46 points
4th. MikeC 39.9 points
5th. Darth Evad 39 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
Dash Rendar1 6 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
Gaalgoth 5 points
10thJman3ooo 1 point

So, as it stands Setsuko's gargantuan post gives her an impressive lead, and Dash makes more progress up the rankings. On to the next question, which should please the purists and be a lot easier to answer...

Question 15:

We all know that Captain Needa was the poor Imperial Officer who apologised so fatally to Lord Vader, but what was the name of the Star Destroyer he (Needa) was commanding at the time? The bonus point for this question will be awarded to the first person to name Needa's less famous cousin, who was instrumental in the New Republic's first conquest of Coruscant.
 Jan Gaarni
06-24-2002, 5:11 AM
Captain Lorth Needa commanded the Star Destroyer Avenger and it was part of Lord Vader's task force, Death Squadron, prior to the Battle of Hoth.

He also has a cousin, Lieutenant Virar Needa, which held command of the OSETS 2711, an Orbital Solar Energy Transfer Satellite above Coruscant.

The Avenger also have an impressive merit, participating in over 440 planetary suppressions since it was commisioned. It has seen 8 different captains in over the course of only 2 years. One captain was Ferdas. It participated in the search for Han Solo's ship under Captain Needa's command, aswell as such famous battles above the sixth planet in the Hoth system and the forest moon of Endor.
 setsuko
06-24-2002, 5:55 AM
The Avenger. Don't know much about it, though.
 Darth Evad
06-24-2002, 9:25 AM
The Avenger.
 DashRendar1
06-24-2002, 9:48 AM
Needa commanded the Star Destroyer Avenger. In ESB The Ion Cannon at Hoth hit it, allowing the first Rebel Transport to escape.
(Officer: Sir, Rebel ships coming into our sector.
Needa: Good, our first catch of the day)

The Avenger is the Star Destroyer that chases the Falcon out of the Asteroid Field, and gives the Executor the "priority signal" (see Bounty Hunter scene)The Millenium Falcon then landed on the back of the bridge of the Avenger when it left the Asteroid Belt, thereby keeping it hidden from the sensors. That's when Needa apologizes to Vader, and meets his end.

Note: According to Book 2 of X-Wing, Needa was actually sympathetic to the Rebels.

Virar Needa commanded the solar panel in Wedge's Gamble. He is a staunch Imperial, even though it was because of his cousin that landed him with such a boring job. When the Rebels invade Coruscant, Needa feels the need to defend his station. His crew, however, didn't share the same sentiment. His station then actually helps the Rebels. His staion reflects a beam of light onto a Golan Station, thereby helping to destroy it.
 Koffin
06-24-2002, 1:54 PM
hmm technicly he had an even less famous cousin, Bob Needa,

He's a gas station attendant in souther mississippi but you wouldnt know alot about him, he was written out of the will. What would he do with the Avenger anyways?
 RoyalGuard
06-24-2002, 7:20 PM
Ok, that was quick, maybe a little too easy...

Points: (I'm splitting the bonus point between Jan and Dash - Jan gets 0.5 as he gave the exact station Virar worked on, Dash provided more detail about Virar's role in the fall of Coruscant.)

1st Jan Gaarni 6.5 points
2nd Setsuko 4 points
3rd Darth Evad 3 points
4th DashRendar1 2 points
5th Koffin 1 point

That shakes things up a little bit:
1st. Setsuko 60.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 59.4 points
4th. Darth Evad 42 points
5th. MikeC 39.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 8 points
Dash Rendar1 8 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
Gaalgoth 5 points
10thJman3ooo 1 point

So setsuko just maintains her lead and Darth and Dash both make it further up the rankings.

Question 16:

What Species does the bounty hunter Zuckuss belong to?

Bonus points for:
1 - What air mix he breathes.
1 - Background on the species homeworld.
 setsuko
06-24-2002, 7:42 PM
He is a Gand.
 MikeC
06-24-2002, 9:07 PM
Gand
 Jan Gaarni
06-24-2002, 11:27 PM
Gand.
 Darth Evad
06-25-2002, 12:16 AM
Gand.
 Darth Evad
06-25-2002, 12:23 AM
The Gands lived on the planet Gand. It was a gaseous planet, which is why Zuckuss had to wear special breathing aparatus.
They were were very 'religious', making sure they carried out rituals when ever it was required of them. It is these rituals that they attribute to helping them find thier prey.
They are very proud of thier abilities as bounty hunters (findsmen as they are known on Gand).
 DashRendar1
06-25-2002, 1:05 AM
Zuckuss is a Gand.

He wears a breathing apparatus that gives ammonia. Oxygen is fatal to him. One time, he actually swallowed oxygen, severely scarring his lungs. He had his lungs repaired by the Rebels in return for his and 4-LOM's rescuing of a Rebel Transport after Hoth.

A Gand normally has to talk to in the third person if he/she is not a FIndsman. First name if he/she was pleased. Last name if he/she was upset, and "Gand"if truly mortigied. In order to become a Findsman, he/she had to go under observation by Gand elders. Ooryl, Corran Horn's Wingman, went under the same thing. When the Gand passed, he/she participated in a Jaweemine (sp?) Bassically, it was a rite of passage. After a Jawemine, a Gand can say "I", "me", etc.
 Wraith 8
06-25-2002, 4:15 PM
Geez.. my first dfay back.. and i missed 3 questions to wich i had the answers.... not fair :D.... well.. continue Royal Guard.. ill be lurking to catch some points myself :D
 RoyalGuard
06-26-2002, 2:44 AM
Ok, now I know that Wraith doesn't want the reigns of power back, I'll keep going...

Points for the last question...

1st Setsuko - 6 points
2nd MikeC - 4 points
3rd Jan Gaarni - 3 points
4th Darth Evad - 2 points
5th DashRendar1 - 1 point + 1 bonus point

well researched Dash!
The new rankings:

1st. Setsuko 66.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 62.4 points
4th. Darth Evad 44 points
5th. MikeC 43.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Dash Rendar1 10 points
8th. Koffin 8 points
9th Darth Simpson 6 points
10th. Rogue15 5 points
Gaalgoth 5 points
11thJman3ooo 1 point

So Setsuko extends her lead a little more, will she become the Michael Schumacher of Star Wars Trivia? We'll find out today!

Question 17:
What was the name of the Imperial TIE squadron, headed by Baron Soontir Fel, that was roughly analogous to the Rebellion's Rogue Squadron? (Bit of a gift to Wraith 8 there :D )
1 - Bonus Point: Name the Baron's Son.
1 - Bonus Point: What relation is the Baron to Wedge Antilles?
1 - Bonus Point: Any history of the squadron...
 Wraith 8
06-26-2002, 3:05 AM
181st Tie squad

soonter fel was the best tie pilot the imps had. the TIES had a red stripes across the solar wings.

soonter fell joined up with the rebellion after a while. he even joined Rogue Squadron and flew with Wedge. he later on married Wedge his sister. they both disapeared.

when Wedge started to form Wraith Squadron he ran into Fell again. he was now working for Admiral Zinj. Zinj wanted fell to destroy Wedge. when wegde went into a a one to one battle, wegde shot down fell. and landed beside him. he saw it wasnt fell in the cockpit. it was an actor that was playing Fell. the actor was the counter part of Garil Loran. he died there on the survice.
 Wraith 8
06-26-2002, 3:46 AM
want a long read?

go ahead :D

one of the youngest Imperial Navy officers to obtain the rank of Captain and command a ship, Fel was everything one would expect from a recruiting poster. Broad-shouldered and handsome from years of working as a farmer, Fel was a native of Corellia and had come through the ranks as a decorated and legendary TIE Fighter pilot. However, he did not enter the Imperial Academy willingly. Instead, he was bribed into go in order to stop him from testifying against Ilir Post, on the threat that his father would be charged with a flurry of minor crimes if he didn't go. This took him away from the farming that he loved so much, but he was determined to make the best of the situation. Fel was a contemporary of Han Solo and Loka Hask while at the Carida Academy, regularly defeating Hask while often challenging Solo. After graduating with honors as his class' salutatorian, Fel earned command of the Pride of the Senate shortly before the Battle of Nar Shaddaa, and was quite puzzled by Admiral Greelanx's battle plans. They did not allow for any flexibility during the battle, while executing the Base Delta Zero order to the letter. Fel had never participated in such an exercise, and questioned the wisdom of decimating Nar Shaddaa. However, the battle was quickly upon him, and the minimal battle plan outlined by Greelanx - coupled with the surprising ability of the smugglers to damage the Imperial fleet - soon resulted an Imperial retreat. Fel, appalled at the losses and at Greelanx's orders to retreat, remained behind to retrieve as many of his pilots as he could before redezvousing with the fleet. Greelanx was angry with Fel's insubordination, but Fel resolved to report Greelanx's poor planning to his superiors. He was assigned to the 37th Imperial Fighter Wing before transferring to Prefsbelt IV as a flight instructor. After receiving high honors, Fel actually was responsible for the training of Tycho Celchu, Biggs Darklighter, and Hobbie Klivian. He was offered a position in Moff Tarkin's bodyguard unit by Tarkin himself, but the defection of Biggs Darklighter and Derek Klivian relegated Fel to the 181st Imperial Fighter Group, which was under the command of Evir Derricote. They scored a hollow victory at Ord Biniir, on the same day as the Battle of Yavin, but Fel was given a commendation on Coruscant in an effort to bolster Imperial morale. There, he met Wynssa Starflare, and they fell deeply in love. Shortly afterward, Fel became known to Ysanne Isard, who challenged his loyalty by trying to seduce him. He refused, and although she praised his loyalty, she also hated him. Fel saw through Isard's ploy and into the heart of the Empire, and didn't like what he saw. He also saw that the Emperor's non-human bias was only as good as the air around it, once Thrawn began to rise through the ranks. Fel found himself admiring Thrawn's plans for the ambush which destroyed the Alliance's supply convoy near Derra IV, but could not reconcile Palpatine's hypocrisy. Although he was promoted to Colonel and given command of the entire 181st Fighter Group, Fel became disheartened with the Empire. Ysanne Isard's sacrifice of an entire fighter wing to lure Rogue Squadron to Brentaal was an action he couldn't reconcile in his own mind. After the 181st was sent to Brentaal to help defend the world - more of an exercise to bring down the Cabal that to save the planet - Fel decided that enough was enough. When the New Republic had defeated the Imperials, Fel was captured when Colonel Salm hit his Interceptor with an ion cannon blast, rendering his fighter inoperative. Shortly before the Battle of Brentaal, he had arranged for Wynssa - now his wife - to disappear. He pledged to help the New Republic if they would help him locate Wynssa, a proposition to which the Republic's Starfighter Command agreed. However, Fel soon turned his back on the Republic and returned to Imperial service. Wedge Antilles, the real-life brother of Wynssa Starflare, thought he had encountered Fel again, during the series of skirmishes against the Warlord Zsinj. In reality, though, the Fel he discovered was Tetran Cowall, and his abilities were augmented with a droid brain in several of his wingmate's TIE Interceptors. It was later learned that Fel had joined the forces aligned with Grand Admiral Thrawn, and he spent the next several years working with the true Imperial leadership to eliminate the various warlords who claimed Imperial rights. He lost an eye in the final battle of his career, and retired to work with Voss Parck as a commander at the Hand of Thrawn compound on Nirauan. Fel was also the "parent" of a number of clones developed at Thrawn's request. The clones were dispatched to several sleeper cells - excellent pilots awaiting Thrawn's reactivation codes. The clones were flash-imprinted with much of Fel's ability as a pilot and warrior, but without his personality. However, many groups managed to retain his love of the open air and farming, and decided not to heed the recall which came ten years after Thrawn's death. Shortly after the Battle of Garqi, it was revealed that Soontir and Syal had had five children together, including a son, Jagged, who eventually rose to power in the Imperial Remnant's military. Both Soontir and Jagged became leaders within the Chiss Navy, and were instrumental in keeping the Chiss from seeing more intense action as the rest of the galaxy struggled against the Yuuzhan Vong

enough?
 Jan Gaarni
06-26-2002, 4:18 AM
Well, I was gonna start to make an answer to all of those, when Wraith told me he was done.

Jan: ALREADY?!?
Wraith: Yep. :D
Jan: Copy and past?
Wraith: Aha. :)
Jan: *mumbling* mrrm grrph mathgd :mad: *presses the delete button*
Wraith: Sorry. :(

Kinda takes away the joy of doing research on these things and adding only what is necessarry in my own words, when I get beaten by someone that just copy and pasts the entire thing. :rolleyes:

Oh, well.

Squadron: 181st Squadron

Son: Jagged
Wife: Syal Antilles, Wedges sister, stagename Wynssa Starflare, a holodrama star.
Page: 3 of 4