Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

after update, users can no longer connect

Page: 1 of 1
 MotzaBallz
05-10-2002, 11:38 AM
hello,

recently i've updated some of my costumers servers... i am able to hop into the server and play just fine, but when others attempt to connect, i get an error message regarding unreferenced PK3 files... the only file i have uploaded to the servers is the new assets2.pk3. if i turn sv_pure off, it works fine, but thats not an acceptable solution..

Thanks.
 David Icke
05-10-2002, 4:40 PM
I have same problem, my servers been empty since i upgraded,, I think people need to upgrade their clients to the latet version, and it seems most people havent,, thats my guess anyway
 MotzaBallz
05-10-2002, 4:46 PM
ah.... you think thats the problem?
 MatrixCPA
05-11-2002, 12:08 AM
When they show up in the console as trying to download the assets2.pk3 file--that's someone who hasn't upgraded. I think the people who are getting kicked for unreferrenced pk3 files probably are using custom skins/models that aren't installed on the server. If they just switch to using a default skin and try again, I'd think they'd be able to get back in. My only other theory is that this version of the server is more "picky" about clients not having custom files installed that the server doesn't. Again, I haven't had a chance to completely test that secondary theory.
Page: 1 of 1