Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

After v1.03 patch the d$mn AT-ST still disappear..wtf.

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthDuck
05-10-2002, 7:07 AM
after i installed the patch,i thought it would help me get "UN-stuck" in the at-st level..where the door that is suppose to get unlocked is still locked.........sigh........do i have to restart that same single level or do i have to restart the whole dang game??...........i was starting to get really interested in the game becoz i knew i was getting close to getting my light saber..but now looks like i have to restart or something.......arghhhhHH
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
05-10-2002, 2:23 PM
If the AT-ST disappeared, all it used to do is stop the rescue ship and Jan from landing. The bug was that they would say they don't want to land because the AT-ST is still there, but when you look down there, nothing is there. Since we couldn't reproduce the bug that makes the AT-ST disappear, I fixed this by making the rescue ship and Jan land anyway after 60 seconds. So if you get to this point and they say they can't land and there is no AT-ST, just be patient and they'll land anyway.
 bar-bar mandrel
05-10-2002, 3:09 PM
If I recall, there were 3 AT-ST.

Did you destroy the ion cannons?

The correct door is the upper level of the AT-ST hanger which still has AT-ST's in it...
 DarthDuck
05-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Well,..when u come close to that big gate at the end of the valley,it would open and the third AT-ST would come out and i think what most ppl would do is to start retreating back immediately to the turrets to man them so as to destroy the third AT-ST,but as soon as u man that turret,the AT-ST will disappear instantly right before u look down at it.

About the part where i felt i had no where to go after destroying the ion cannons,can someone direct me?...ichecked all the available doors,so that i may advance the story,but every door is locked... :(
 DeadKenny
05-10-2002, 10:59 PM
Hi,

Also can't get past the door. I'm certain I destroyed the AT-STs (one when you start the level who's gunning for you from the start, another round the corner and the third comes out the door at the far end). Destroyed the ion-cannons, but cannot get past the door at the top of the hanger. If I shoot at it I can hear the guards behind but they don't come out. I've tried going all over the place. I've killed all the bad-guys I can find and tried entering the hanger lots of times.

Haven't tried any patches, but I've been reading about this 1.03 patch and people seem to be complaining about problems with it including maybe not working with existing saved games. Is it worth a try?

I could restart the level but that game save has very little health or weapons left so it's difficult to survive, otherwise I'd have to go back a lot further.
 DeadKenny
05-11-2002, 2:03 AM
Ah, done it. Restarted the level and managed to get the three (actually, it was the one coming at you at the start, then one out the door at the top, then the final one at the end out of the door). I think the key is to not run away too much from the last one and just lead it back enough so you can get up to the big gun thing and blow it away. After that the end door opens. If you lose the last AT-ST though then you're stuck.

Cool. Gone on and now have my lightsaber :D.
 Zoson
05-23-2002, 6:16 AM
I ran past it, didn't even fight it. then went up top where the ion cannons are and there are gun turrets up there, used those to kill the third at-st. that that point i think i was outta ammo too lol.
-Zoson
Page: 1 of 1