Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Odd......

Page: 1 of 1
 Hell Raiser
05-10-2002, 3:12 AM
I was just foolin around this evening with JKMP and setting it up as dedicated. I did that, and opened up another copy of JKMP and cycled through Local/Internet/Favorites, and to my amazement, my server "Born to raise hell" was listed in Local. I was like, cool, so I joined it.

I'm flipping back and forth between the ded console and JKMP when all of a sudden, someone joins. :eek: I asked how he found it, and he said it was listed in the server list......

I checked myself, and it was listed in the server list. I have no idea how it could have happened, because others state that it takes a while to show up in the master server list, some don't show at all. What makes me so special? :confused:

I left home for a while and left it running, I came back, and 10 people had joined. :eek:

Before I started up my JKMP to try to connect to my ded server (all on the same machine mind you) I tried disabling the heartbeat by typing in heartbeat in the server console. I couldn't figure out how to do it after about 3 tries. Maybe this is how it got in the list so fast?
 MatrixCPA
05-10-2002, 11:53 PM
How long it takes a server to show up on the master list apparently varies based on a variety of factors--some of which are unknown to us. You should be happy that it worked so well when so many have a lot of trouble.
 JediGhost[SITH]
05-11-2002, 4:38 AM
Time it takes to show up? Actually, no. It depends HOW many servers are on port 28070. I believe the list can only show a certain amount of servers from one port. 28070, naturally, is the default port so it fills.

If your game doesnt show up, type "seta net_port 28071" and restart the game.

Then it will show up.

I've switched to 28071, I'm tired of having to bother with switching between that and 28070 when I restart my computer.
ALSO:
theres no difference in any of the ports... no lag difference, visibility on the list difference, etc.
Page: 1 of 1